Taking advantage of high momentum

I'm running a modified CZCW game, wherein I've bumped their popularity to low level Cult, rebranded the company as ROH and modified the product to a more realism/traditional-focus. I'm currently in April of 2012 and am running a weekly TV show and monthly PPVs.

I'm treating my tag titles and world title both as main event level and have been able to get KC Glenn & Davis Wayne Newton (as DC Wayne) over as legit main eventers through holding the tag straps.

The stale character message recently began popping up for Wayne so I decided that a heel turn was in order for the team. After turning on Mikey James in a six-man tag match at Driven (leading to the reformation of The Cali Dragons) Glenn's momentum has hit B+ and Wayne's is up to A*. Although not 100% organic this is the first time I've earned A* momentum in all the time I've played the last two TEW games!

I'm now completely panicked as I've never booked a match or angle grade higher than an A (and then only twice) for ROH and I don't want to kill Wayne's momentum with a B- or B match on TV.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to take advantage of stellar momentum like this in a now mid-sized cult promotion?

Keep him in angles only with other good workers for a month or so and have him manage KC to give him a bit of a boost. His momentum might drop a little, but it's easier to get A rated angles than A rated matches and his momentum boosting the angle should give other workers appearing with him a bit of a boost too. Then once he's dropped a little you can start booking him in matches again. Could play it all off with an injury angle to cover why he's not wrestling.

When I had The Syndicate turn on Brent Hill in my Total Control game, his momentum shot up to A*, which was the first time I ever got that myself. Most of his segments after this were B, a couple were B-, but I don't think it ever dropped from there. Of course, Hill did swiftly win the International Title and beat Wolf Hawkins in two straight A-rated matches... but yeah, I don't think you have to worry too much about it. Try and have his segments average in the B's or above, and you should be fine.

Thanks for the advice guys. It's good to know that he doesn't necessarily need A or A* grades to maintain high momentum. I'll definitely give MJStark's suggestion a try in the lead-up to the next PPV as well. Perhaps either Wayne or Glenn could be the one to finally break the C+ US popularity level I can't quite seem to get my MEs over....

Archived