Dog Pound Discussion?

I was in the last one (and was clearly one of the top two characters involved :p) but I don't think there would be a great deal of people who have been involved before willing to start up again. It's the case of having ones fingers burned too many times unfortunately.

Maybe if this is started up again, there's some redundancy in place. As in, the data is backed up after each show somewhere, and perhaps the possibility of a backup "manager" who can take over and run the game, should something happen to the first guy in charge.

All it takes is some decent rules put in place--and people sticking to them--to help make sure there's no repeats of stuff in the past (from what I recall it was the data being lost/damaged the very last time, right?)

Maybe if this is started up again, there's some redundancy in place. As in, the data is backed up after each show somewhere, and perhaps the possibility of a backup "manager" who can take over and run the game, should something happen to the first guy in charge.

All it takes is some decent rules put in place--and people sticking to them--to help make sure there's no repeats of stuff in the past (from what I recall it was the data being lost/damaged the very last time, right?)

I think this is the best way forward. I would join, if these guidelines were in place.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3075/dptd.jpg

Trouble is that that belt was specifically for the UK branch :o

I'd have a story for that already :p [/selfhype]

Could somebody please explain the concept?

Quote from the second incarnation.

Those who were unaware the concept is basically a fed full of workers from the GDS boards. I'll set up and run the game but (almost) every worker will be a person from this board. We'll run storylines' date=' everyone will submit their own promos, belts will be fought for, etc, etc.[/quote']

So, just to clarify, if nobody else (crayon?) is taking the controls, I would be glad to. It seems as though there is enough interest, with more people probably giving it a go when a sign-up thread is created. Thoughts?

I see, thanks. So it's a bit like an e-fed, except the progress is tracked on the game as well? Is writing promos pretty much the extent of the user's participation, or do they have to engage in match write ups as well?

Basically, yes. You can also participate in throwing ideas for storylines and so on. You wouldn't have to worry about match write ups.

So, just to clarify, if nobody else (crayon?) is taking the controls, I would be glad to. It seems as though there is enough interest, with more people probably giving it a go when a sign-up thread is created. Thoughts?

Basically, yes. You can also participate in throwing ideas for storylines and so on. You wouldn't have to worry about match write ups.

Count me in. But Ezekial is being retired in The Dog Pound. He has a spangly new contract in The League!

Ok. It's definitely something which I might be interested in, depending on how fast the thing was moving and how often I was expected to input. Writing up a promo or two per week would be cool.

I see, thanks. So it's a bit like an e-fed, except the progress is tracked on the game as well? Is writing promos pretty much the extent of the user's participation, or do they have to engage in match write ups as well?

In the past the person who was running it did the write ups and the player would just do the promos.

<hr>

I don't think I could run this myself but I'd happily be a number 2, help with show write ups or run the game while the no. 1 is a way, but I'm far too (to put it in TEW terms) flaky to fully run it :)

Edit: Flame, that'd be great :D

So if nobody objects over-night, I think I'll toss out a sign-up / application thread tomorrow or Tuesday or something. I also think the vice thingie is a great idea, so if anyone else other than 20LEgend want to give it a shot, post a message.

Very, very excited about this.

Archived