Question about No Contests in Fight Records

I had a fight end by No Contest with a headbutt cut and in the fighters records a while back, it is listed as a draw. Like "10-1-1"

On my last card I had another bout end by No Contest but in the fighters records it actually says NC for example "10-1-1 NC"

I wasn't paying attention to how the second fight ended though to see why they come up differently. However, one of the fighters did fail a drug test post fight. Is that why? For some reason I thought the game still gave fighters a win when they fail drug test, but does it give them a NC instead?

Usually draws in real-life MMA are reserved for when it's a draw by points or lack of a referee's decision.

Maybe it's different in WMMA, where it's only a no-contest if it's overturned after the referee's official decision, otherwise it's a draw?

Overturned decisions becoming No Contests HAVE happened in real life MMA (The soccer kick KO at the Yarrenoka! event in Japan is the best example I can think of), so it's possibly that it works that way.

Archived