Rasslin': The South Must Rise Again

Note: Final article before show card is posted tomorrow. If anyone does legit have a name then I'd love to hear some ideas. I got storylines out the wazoo but nothing for a name lol

Southern Class Championship Wrestling is what it needs to be. :cool:

Titles:

Southern Heavyweight Championship

Southern Tag Team Championships

Southern Television Championship

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave it to me to like the first name.

Unsure of if I'll do a TV Title... I like the concept of a "Southern Heritage" Title for my midcard belt. I have a few old school southern names signed in game that could take part in the crowning process of a champion.

If you use SCCW, you can use the C-Verse logo...easy choice.

By the way, this is awesome backstory. Not into too many RW dynasties, but a guy from the South is every bit intrigued by this. I've grown up on the WWE and TNA, now ROH and CHIKARA...but growing up hearing stories about good ol' Alabama rasslin' has made me become an honorary territorial era fan. Our family of great-aunts practicing figure fours on each other when rasslin' was on!

I tried old-school in the new-school in one of my first dynasties (C-Verse) and had a blast with it until the save corrupted. So, I'm cheering for ya all the way, Chuck.

I had no clue there was a SCCW in the C-Verse. Excellent.

Yeah my dad has always told me about the Territorys and when I broke into the business I became obsessed with learning more about it.

Debating assigning each worker/team an entrance song. I dont know why but some classic rock would probably give out an old school feel... maybe its just me lol :p

Leave it to me to like the first name.

Unsure of if I'll do a TV Title... I like the concept of a "Southern Heritage" Title for my midcard belt. I have a few old school southern names signed in game that could take part in the crowning process of a champion.

Ooh.. Southern Heritage, I like that. :)

Also, SCCW was a short-lived fed run by Shane Sneer around 97 to 2001, I think. *shrug* It should be in one of the mods. :p

Ooh.. Southern Heritage, I like that. :)

Also, SCCW was a short-lived fed run by Shane Sneer around 97 to 2001, I think. *shrug* It should be in one of the mods. :p

It's in the '97 mod, but I have the logo on my computer at home. I'll send it your way if you still would like it, Chuck. The only problem for you might be that Oklahoma isn't on the map on the logo...it's mostly the Southeast.

Loving the build-up and ready for the first card - anxious actually!

My first thought was Jim Crockett was making a return to the biz, but Ross should get a lot of mileage out of the roster.

possible name: Southern Championship All-star Rasslin (SCAR)

couldn't spin it to come up with a T to replace the C (star)

Sorry for the late responses everyone. My hometown of Graham, TX has been affected by a TON of wildfires and have been busy dealing with issues stemming from that. Hope everyone is ok and if you are in the Texas area please be careful as the fires are only getting more out of control.

Loving the build-up and ready for the first card - anxious actually!

My first thought was Jim Crockett was making a return to the biz, but Ross should get a lot of mileage out of the roster.

possible name: Southern Championship All-star Rasslin (SCAR)

couldn't spin it to come up with a T to replace the C (star)

Crockett actually never crossed my mind. Geez I'm dumb!

It's in the '97 mod, but I have the logo on my computer at home. I'll send it your way if you still would like it, Chuck. The only problem for you might be that Oklahoma isn't on the map on the logo...it's mostly the Southeast.

I probably actually have it somewhere. I've attempted to play a few C-Verse games but can't get into it like I'd like to.

Card/Event Preview For:

Jim Ross presents "An Evening of Rasslin"

LIVE First Saturday of May 2011 in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Main Event:

Ken Doane vs. Antonio Banks

Tag Team Semi Main Event:

Deadly by Design (Brent Albright and Ray Gordy) vs. Rasslin's Best Tag Team (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin)

Singles Encounter:

Low Ki vs. Bob Holly

Tag Team Action:

The Middle Aged Outlaws (Kip Sopp and Sean Morley) vs. The All Night Express (Rhett Titus and Kenny King)

Rematch for the Ages:

Sean Waltman vs. Jerry Lynn

Main Event:

Deadly by Design (Brent Albright and Ray Gordy) vs. Rasslin's Best Tag Team (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin)

Singles Encounter:

Low Ki vs. Bob Holly

Tag Team Action:

The Middle Aged Outlaws (Kip Sopp and Sean Morley) vs. The All Night Express (Rhett Titus and Kenny King)

Rematch for the Ages:

Main Event:

Singles Encounter:

Low Ki vs. Bob Holly

Tag Team Action:

Rematch for the Ages:

Main Event:

Singles Encounter:

Low Ki vs. Bob Holly

Tag Team Action:

Rematch for the Ages:

Main Event:

Singles Encounter:

Low Ki vs. Bob Holly

Tag Team Action:

The Middle Aged Outlaws (Kip Sopp and Sean Morley) vs. The All Night Express (Rhett Titus and Kenny King)[

Rematch for the Ages:

Solid card, although it has the feel of a "1 time show" rather than a ongoing promotion...don't know why, but it does.

Main Event:

Gotta go with the guy who lasted longer in the big leagues.

Benjamin & Haas still have some mileage left... plus Albright and Gordy can learn a thing or two.

Singles Encounter:

Low Ki vs. Bob Holly

Feels like a squash

Tag Team Action:

Experience.

Rematch for the Ages:

Jerry Lynn is a fair bit older than Waltman if im remembering right, so id say Waltman would probably be here longer.

Main Event:

Singles Encounter:

Low Ki vs. Bob Holly

Tag Team Action:

The Middle Aged Outlaws (Kip Sopp and Sean Morley) vs. The All Night Express (Rhett Titus and Kenny King)[

Rematch for the Ages:

Solid card, although it has the feel of a "1 time show" rather than a ongoing promotion...don't know why, but it does.

Lets not forget J.R. made reference of the fact he wants to see how the first show does. Trust me there will be storylines branching off of this. I purposefully didn't book as strong as a main event as I could have (Ki vs. Banks anyone?) or the best tag match possible (All Night Express or Middle Age Outlaws vs. RGTT) on purpose so I'd have something to build towards.

Main Event:

Gotta go with the guy who lasted longer in the big leagues.

Benjamin & Haas still have some mileage left... plus Albright and Gordy can learn a thing or two.

Singles Encounter:

Low Ki vs. Bob Holly

Feels like a squash

Tag Team Action:

Experience.

Rematch for the Ages:

Jerry Lynn is a fair bit older than Waltman if im remembering right, so id say Waltman would probably be here longer.

Banks lasted a little while longer than Doane but I think Doane is a guy who if given the ball could probably get a good run.

And how dare you insult Bobcore Holly!

Main Event:

gotta feel some kind of interference or screw job finish here - not sure who you have playing the heel/face roles, but see more likely Kenny picking up an ally or maybe just someone who doesn't like the former MVP's attitude - and their angle sets up a feud for the next card.

DBD will be back after their learn a few lessons. 6 months from now, they could be the top tag team but not today. Could be interesting if Ray found a long-haired blonde wrestler to join the group and reprise one of the most famous Southern teams

Singles Encounter:

Low Ki vs. Bob Holly

Tag Team Action:

The Middle Aged Outlaws (Kip Sopp and Sean Morley) vs. The All Night Express (Rhett Titus and Kenny King) I can see the All-nighters being the first tag champs for the new promotion when the time comes. But on the first show, experience and name value wins out over youth - ANX will learn their lesson and be better prepared next time around. Winning the rematch will mean more to them on the road ahead.

Rematch for the Ages:

would like to see either guy against Low Ki down the road. Lynn should be a good trainer for young up and comers and provide several top rated matches. Not sure how dependable Sean will be

Am I the worlds only Bob Holly fan? I don't see him as a main eventer but he's a good gatekeeper for me. Hes that guy you see if "insert wrestler here" can topple/hang with.

Also don't be surprised if theres a reprise of my favorite stable... realistically brent albright would be the terry gordy, ray gordy as buddy jack (bump boy) and a long hair fella being michael ps :)

Main Event:

I see Doane becoming the main man of the promotion

For me the tag experience of Haas/Benjamin will pay off here and they will take the win

Singles Encounter:

Low Ki vs. Bob Holly

I see Holly going over here leading a rematch between the two further down the line

Tag Team Action:

As much as i love the ANE i can see the logic in Sopp nd Morley going over as they are more over with the fans due to their big time experience

Rematch for the Ages:

Got a renewed love for Waltman recently...can't wait until my CHIKARA KOT order arrives so i can see him reprising the 1-2-3 Kid role...could see him being one of the promotions top upper midcarders here

Archived