Fighters waste mount way too much.

Seems like 70 percent of the time a guy gets mount, he goes for the armbar even if it's unlikely to get him a win. Then of course he gets reversed and loses his dominant position. I think there needs to be a lot more ground and pounding. I know if every fight ended once the mount was reached that would be boring but there are a lot of ways that could go.

Have more people roll out of mount or provide a better guard. The armbar should be totally reversed every time either. Have a scramble or something sometimes. I'm just really tired of seeing guys who have power give up the mount every fight. Let them do some damage or at least try to. A few other subs could be applied as well.

Seems like 70 percent of the time a guy gets mount, he goes for the armbar even if it's unlikely to get him a win. Then of course he gets reversed and loses his dominant position. I think there needs to be a lot more ground and pounding. I know if every fight ended once the mount was reached that would be boring but there are a lot of ways that could go.

Have more people roll out of mount or provide a better guard. The armbar should be totally reversed every time either. Have a scramble or something sometimes. I'm just really tired of seeing guys who have power give up the mount every fight. Let them do some damage or at least try to. A few other subs could be applied as well.

There has been lots of threads about this in here and the suggestion forum, yet nothing has been done :o

Ya back mount is the same thing.I just did Wand Vs Rampage and Rampage got the back with hooks in instead of pounding away I think he went for like 4 or 5 rear naked choke attempts before the round ended.

Yeah, like chaz said, there have been many threads on this and I have a suggestion thread pertaining to this. Hopefully, Adam can find a solution but with the announcement of "The Greatest Cape" I would not expect one anytime soon...

I think there needs to be way more ground and pound in general.

I agree, but on the other hand, I think there are currently too many ground and pound finishes. It's very difficult to gain so much momentum in the guard or whatever position on the ground to actually rock somebody good with shots and put them away. In real life MMA at the top level there have been very few ground and pound finishes, and I don't mean knockdown + follow-up sort either, I mean just strikes on the ground.

Jon Jones is perhaps the only person I've seen finish fights via ground strikes (his fights with Brandon Vera and Vladimir Matyushenko). Other than that, I think it's mostly used to wear down people to be more suspectible to submissions or to be overwhelmed by strikes later. I think it should take a cumulative effect to finish fights via ground strikes, unless it's from the mount or the crucifix. I guess what I'm getting at is that there are far too many finishes via ground strikes from the guard, half guard and side control positions. Especially from side control it's difficult to strike at all without the bottom fighter escaping.

I agree, but on the other hand, I think there are currently too many ground and pound finishes. It's very difficult to gain so much momentum in the guard or whatever position on the ground to actually rock somebody good with shots and put them away. In real life MMA at the top level there have been very few ground and pound finishes, and I don't mean knockdown + follow-up sort either, I mean just strikes on the ground.

Jon Jones is perhaps the only person I've seen finish fights via ground strikes (his fights with Brandon Vera and Vladimir Matyushenko). Other than that, I think it's mostly used to wear down people to be more suspectible to submissions or to be overwhelmed by strikes later. I think it should take a cumulative effect to finish fights via ground strikes, unless it's from the mount or the crucifix. I guess what I'm getting at is that there are far too many finishes via ground strikes from the guard, half guard and side control positions. Especially from side control it's difficult to strike at all without the bottom fighter escaping.

I am sorry but there is more then just Jon Jones who finish fights with ground n pound.Old school Tito Ortiz is a gret example of GnP from guard.More recently Mark Munoz has pretty good GnP from mostly side control even though he is wild at times and does miss some of his shots.Chael Sonnen did a pretty good job ground and poundin Anderson Silva.The thing that is missing to me is when they are on the ground it doesn't really seem like they are using all of their stats.If I have a top level ground and pound guy hell even mid level one,he should try and throw more strikes instead of spending all of his time trying to pass.

Tito Ortiz last finished a fight in 2006. Back then the competition wasn't as high level as it is today, people didn't know as well how to defend against ground strikes. Also, the only notable fighter Ortiz finished via GnP was Ken Shamrock.

Chael Sonnen didn't finish Anderson Silva. He didn't come even close, and he hasn't finished a fight via GnP in the UFC. My point being is that, there is too many fights finishing with just straight ground strikes from a non-dominant position in the game, especially side control. I've no problem with the amount of TKO's in the game, I think that's well representative of real MMA, but usually they come by way of standing knockdown and follow up on the ground. On the ground it usually seems like if fighter A gets a good position, the fight is over, which is not the case in most of real MMA fights - ground and pound finishes are few and far between. The few that there are (except for Jon Jones' devastating elbows) are usually due to a cumulation of strikes rather than a few big shots that finish the fight.

I agree when it actually happens there seems to be too many ground stopages,but like I said Sonnen used effective for the most part ground and pound to beat Anderson for the majority of the fight.Did he win no but you can't say that wasn't effective GnP,what Chael did is basically what you are asking for good ground and pound without all the stopages.As for Tito ya it was in the earlier years but that doesn't make it any less impressive.On top of that if you go off of the time line of the default data which is 1998,it should really be the early years of MMA.

There are two kinds of GnP in this game, totally useless GnP & the other one is GnP that ends the fight. Like the poster above me mentioned, Sonnen used effective and brutal GnP against Silva, that's what I'm missing in this game. We need more GnP that does damage and just brutalizes the enemy.

And this armbar thing is really pissing me off, I hate how strikers drop someone and jump in and try to armbar their opponent, but eventually lose their position and get submitted. It's pretty much the same when someone gets back mount.. RNC attempts over and over again..

I agree when it actually happens there seems to be too many ground stopages,but like I said Sonnen used effective for the most part ground and pound to beat Anderson for the majority of the fight.Did he win no but you can't say that wasn't effective GnP,what Chael did is basically what you are asking for good ground and pound without all the stopages.As for Tito ya it was in the earlier years but that doesn't make it any less impressive.On top of that if you go off of the time line of the default data which is 1998,it should really be the early years of MMA.

It seems we're much in agreement then. However, the time doesn't seem to make it any better, fighters in 2008 in my game have better ground defense on average, but they also have better GnP on average.

Archived