USWF: A New Revolution in Professional Wrestling

USWF Showtime March 2014 Week 2

The second show of the month was set to determine who would officially be the number one contender. Backstage it was well known that the plan was for T.J. Wilson to win and take on Robert Roode, but there was also some confusion and rumors that the writers might take it another direction. In fact, when a certain former USWF star showed up backstage those rumors only got louder...

As we returned from the final commercial break the Ring Announcer stood in the middle of the ring "Ladies and Gentlemen this is your MAIN EVENT, and will be a fatal-four-way matchup. The winner is determined only by pinfall or submission and will be named the #1 Contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Title " *The Devils Playground theme blares over the loud speakers as the first two combatants, teammates, Abyss and Tomko make their way to ring.* "Introducing first, Abyss and Tomko, The Devils Playground."

Mike Tenay chimed in on the live broadcast, "At a combined weight of over 600 pounds Tomko and Abyss make a formidable team. Tonight they are technically opponents, but I think we all know that T.J. Wilson and the mystery fourth combatant must watch out for the Devils Playground."

*T.J. Wilson's theme comes-on as T.J. Wilson saunters down to ringside, stopping outside the ring to wait for the fourth and final competitor*

"Tonights third competitor, from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, This is T.J. WILSON!"

*A loud howl is heard over the speakers followed by a progressive rock beat*

"Ladies and gentlemen, the final competitor in your main event. He is a former USWF Tag Team Champion, and making his USWF return after three years away. This is the LONE WOLF, EDDIE EDWARDS"

Tenay and Pat Kenney get giddy over the return of Eddie Edwards, they even mention that he has continued his success in America since his last tour with the USWF.

#1 Contendership Fatal-Four-Way

T.J. Wilson vs. Tomko vs. Abyss vs. "The Lone Wolf" Eddie Edwards

Wilson waits at ringside as Edwards is about to enter the ring, he pauses, nods to Wilson and the two of them slide into the ring and immediately take the fight to the Devils Playground. Throughout the match we saw these four in essence act as tag teams and combat each other as if they were in Tag Team match-up. Mike Tenay and Pat Kenney both mention that Eddie Edwards has a great knowledge of both Tomko and Abyss. Edwards was involved in one of the original tag team feuds in 2010 in the USWF when he and Davey Richards teamed against Tomko and Drew Deville, the team known as the Sons of Anarchy. He also faced Abyss numerous times from 2011 through 2013 when they were both part of TNA.

As the match progressed we even saw some great double-team maneuvers to take the big men down. That included the American Wolves signature, Alarm Clock, which got a huge pop from the crowd. As the match began to wear on we saw several near falls, but still no in-fighting between the teams. Ultimately the finish came on the following sequence.

Tenay: Tomko and Abyss seem to have finally worn down the smaller Edwards and Wilson.

Kenney: But Mike, whose going to get the pinfall. We've seen some attempts but neither man has really had a legitimate chance of winning.

Tenay: Well this might help us clarify, Tomko just went for a clothesline on T.J. Wilson, but Wilson ducked and nailed a picture perfect drop-kick sending Tomko over the top... Wilson now through the air and right on-top of Tomko they are both down... Can Abyss or Edwards capitalize.

Kenney: Well Abyss has Edwards trapped in the corner, he throws him, OHHHH...

Tenay: Black-Hole Slam on Eddie Edwards, Abyss crawls over, he makes the cover...1-2-.........OH MY!

Kenney: T.J. Wilson just soared back into the ring from the top rope landing on-top of Abyss. Abyss rolled of Edwards and Wilson is drapes him arm over Edwards.

Tenay: 1-2-3!!!! T.J. Wilson has done it!!!!

Ring Announcer: THE WINNER OF THE MATCH, AND NEW #1 Contender, T.J. Wilson!

*Back in the ring Abyss sat-up and is extremely angry. T.J. Wilson appears to have had the wind knocked out of him and he is hunched over. Abyss goes to attack him, but Eddie Edwards sweeps Abyss' legs out from under him and locks in an Achilles Lock. The referee lifts Wilson's arm as the show goes off the air!*

The WINNER OF THE MATCH AND NEW #1 CONTENDER FOR THE NWA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, T.J. WILSON!

As the cameras stopped rolling, Tomko climbed back into the ring and leveled Edwards, breaking his Achilles Lock. Wilson however fought Tomko off, and the faces stood tall for the local crowd!

Backstage the writers and producers huddled for a quick debriefing.

"The fans ate that up! Eddie Edwards was a great addition and what a great way to get T.J. a win without having to weaken the Devils Playground."

"Plus we've now got someone for them to be pre-occupied with, especially as we move T.J. forward."

"Alright, so next week, let's open with a contract signing between Roode and Wilson, and then let's follow it up with the main event, a six-man tag between the #1 contenders for the three Showtime brand belts against the three champions."

"Perfect, so next weeks main event, the night before the PPV will be T.J., Mark (Haskins) and Jack (Evans) vs. Robert Roode, Will (Aldis), and Chuck Taylor."

"That's a wrap folks!"

USWF March 2014 Week 3

One night before the March Pay-Per-View, Spring Break, the USWF was riding on some great momentum. T.J. Wilson's underdog quest for the title had captivated fans, and the USWF Showtime brand was putting on it's highest rated shows of the year. Week 3 opened with Robert Roode and T.J. Wilson in the ring for a contract signing.

Roode opened the show in the ring and with a microphone, "Good evening fans! You all know me, you all love me, and you all worship me. I am the greatest wrestler the USWF has ever laid witness to. And I am the longest reigning champion in the history of the USWF. With that said, you all seem to love an underdog, so I gave T.J. Wilson a chance to prove himself and well, he did. So tonight, T.J. you can come on down and sign this contract here that stipulates that in tonights main event, you cannot touch me. And that tomorrow night at Spring Break, I get to beat your ass..."

T.J. Wilson stood backstage, as Roode's quick monologue concluded Wilson's music hit and he came out to the ring. Alongside him was Steve "Showtime" Borden, the General Manager and real face of the Showtime brand. Borden entered the ring first and spoke, "Robert, thank you for the kind opening speech here...But your forgetting something! This is still my show, I call the shots, I make the matches and I am the ruler of this domain. So while I'm glad you feel like T.J. deserves this shot, I need to remind you that he not only did he earn this shot, but he earned the fight, so no. This contract doesn't include any no contact stipulations, and yes tonight T.J. Wilson and Robert Roode will be involved in the main event. And if i'm a betting man, I am not betting against T.J. Wilson. Tomorrow night folks, ITS SHOWTIME!"

Borden picked the contract up and handed it to Wilson who quickly scribbled his signature on the paper and the show headed to its first break.

After the break we were reminded that the main event would a 6-man tag with the USWF North American champion Will Aldis and the USWF Lightweight champ Chuck Taylor joining Robert Roode to face their respective opponents at Spring Break, Mark Haskins, Jack Evans and T.J. Wilson.

T.J. Wilson, Mark Haskins, and Jack Evans vs. Robert Roode, Chuck Taylor and Will Aldis

Tenay: Ladies and gentleman we are a mere day away from USWF Spring Break and before we get there we have an utterly explosive main event. Three men who have shot up the USWF totem pole in 2014 are taking on the three respective champions in a six-man-tag match.

The match itself saw some fantastic action, and any time T.J. Wilson was in the ring Robert Roode slid out or tagged out and as such never actually faced Wilson. The finish of the match saw Will Aldis hit Jack Evans with the Tormentum and then tag Roode in allowing Roode to pick-up the victory while Taylor and Aldis took care of Wilson and Haskins.

THE WINNERS OF THE MATCH: THE TEAM OF ROBERT ROODE, WILL ALDIS AND CHUCK TAYLOR

The show went off the air with a quick highlight package highlighting tomorrow nights PPV, the card was as follows.

Chuck Taylor © vs. Jack Evans for the USWF Lightweight Title

Taylor has been the reigning champion for four months now after defeating Richie Steamboat. Taylor's cockiness rubs fans the wrong way and his insistence that no one could beat his looks and his skills has led to Jack Evans return to the USWF in February. Evans quickly won over the fans with his highlight reel performances and earned this shot by winning a ladder match earlier in the month.

Paul London and Brian Kendrick vs. The Low Lives (Vin Gerard and Dustin Cutler) The Low-Lives have been entering the arena through the crowd and the back door for the last month and for whatever reason have targeted the well-respected team of London and Kendrick, London is a former USWF World champion as well as Lightweight champion and Kendrick is a multiple time USWF Lightweight champion. The Low Lives were the RoH Tag Champions (Ring of Honor is the developmental fed of the USWF after the USWF preventing their bankruptcy in 2012) and are determined to make a scene in the USWF.

The Devils Playground (Abyss and Tomko) vs. John Hennigan and Eddie Edwards vs. Brodie Lee and Drew Deville

This three team tag match was the final addition to the card. Hennigan and Edwards are teaming together after Hennigan was ruthlessly attacked by Brodie Lee and Drew Deville who are followers of Steven Fertig and his "Message of Mercy". The Devils Playground were added to the match when the cleared the ring of everyone, heels and faces.

Will Aldis © vs. Mark Haskins for the USWF North American Title

Will Aldis joined the USWF with Rob Terry as associates of Stu Bennett during his time as the USWF World Champion. Since then they have been split apart with the brand split but both reached new peaks in the late-2013. Aldis has been the USWF North American champion since January and will face Mark Haskins who is an original member of the USWF. Haskins started his time in the company as a nobody and was frequently defeated. His high-flying and death-defying performances earned him a ton of respect backstage and the fans ate up his antics. This will be his first Pay-Per-View title shot during his 4+ year stint with the USWF.

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Samoa Joe vs. Chris Hero

Hero and Castagnoli most think of as friends, not in the USWF. Hero and Castagnoli have had an on again off again feud for over a year. Hero was undefeated for seven months in the USWF before finally losing to Castagnoli. Since that time Hero has struggled to string together more than a win in a row. Samoa Joe meanwhile joined the USWF this past summer but has for the most part played the role of midcard enforcer. In February, he injected himself into the Castagnoli/Hero feud and will now face them in a triple-threat match that many believe will crown the new #1 Contender for the NWA World Title at Over The Top (the April PPV).

In the Main Event we have Robert Roode © vs. T.J. Wilson for the NWA World Heavyweight title.

11 months ago at Over The Top T.J. Wilson was the challenger to Robert Roode during his open-challenge. While Wilson fell to Roode the match is considered one of the USWF's Top 5 matches of all-time. Wilson returned to the tag team scene for the majority of 2013. As January came about Wilson began to move away from Harry Smith and mutually they parted ways as Wilson set out to become a challenger for the World Title. In February, Wilson was pitted in many strong match-ups and built his reputation up before beginning his ascent to the position he is in now. Roode meanwhile has been the NWA World Heavyweight Champion since November of 2012. Roode's mean streak is matched only by his competitive nature and Roode will go to any length to ensure that he wins.

Tune in tomorrow night for USWF Spring Break, live from the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon.

USWF Spring Break PPV March Week 3

OOC: Had a nice write-up for the PPV, computer decided to crash, naturally didn't save it as I was in a rush. So with that said, let's try this again, only a little shorter...

T.J. Wilson stood backstage at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon, nervously awaiting the main event. As he waited he watched the other matches take place on the small production television they had set-up in the performers break room. The show opened with a solid but not spectacular bout between Jack Evans and the Lightweight champion Chuck Taylor. Taylor defended his belt and took some great heat from the northwest crowd. As this match finished, Robert Roode approached T.J. patted him on the back and told him tonight they are going to blow the roof off this joint. Mere moments later, Wilson was watching Roode, back in character, on the television strut the ring where he insisted that Steve "Showtime" Borden come down and acknowledge his greatness.

T.J. went and grabbed a quick bite to eat from the catering unit and didn't see Londrick defeat the Low Lives. From there the card saw the Devils Playground defeated Hennigan and Edwards and the team of Drew Deville and Brodie Lee.

Will Aldis and Mark Haskins were next and T.J. was off to another room to film a quick promo about tonight's main event.

As Aldis pinned Haskins, Wilson began talking with Nigel McGuinness.

Nigel: T.J. tonight is your first big opportunity in a main event, are you nervous?

T.J.: Nigel it's hard to be nervous of the unknown! I've held major titles and I've fought in main events all over the globe, but I've never fought in the Main Event for a World Heavyweight title. Tonight, The Stampede Kid is going to make all of Calgary proud.

Nigel: Talk about your opponent Robert Roode.

T.J.: What more is there to say, Robert and I faced off last year when I answered his open challenge, and I was close to beating him. I never got my rematch, so here we are 11 months later and tonight... tonight, I am ready to walk out of the Rose Garden with Gold on my waist.

As this promo wrapped up the fans were treated to an amazing Triple Threat match which saw Claudio Castagnoli pin Chris Hero.

Robert Roode cut a backstage promo before the main event and T.J. stretched and got ready for his big entrance.

T.J. Wilson vs. Robert Roode © for the NWA World Heavyweight Title

Introducing first, from CALGARY, ALBERTA, CANADA, standing 5 foot 9 inches, and weighing in at 195 pounds, the challenger, THIS IS THE STAMPEDE KID, Ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj. WILSON.

AND INTRODUCING SECOND, HE IS THE NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! From Toronto, Ontario, CANADA. Weighing 240 pounds, standing 6 feet even, THIS IS ROBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.........ROOOOOOOOOODEEE.

After the dramatic ring introductions were over the match got underway.

The match started without much flow and the two competitors exchanged a lot of mat-work and basic maneuvers. As the two competitors got warmed up, the fans went wild. Back and forth they went and throughout the match-up it looked like both men could pick up the win.

As the match wound down both combatants had an opportunity to win the match. In fact, T.J. Wilson locked Roode into the Sharpshooter, but Roode managed to grab the ropes and built his momentum back. Roode took advantage of the exhausted T.J. Wilson and nailed a huge Northern Lariat, followed by a massive Pay Off for the 1-2-3.

THE WINNER AND STILL NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: ROBERT ROODE.

As the pay-per-view went dark, Robert Roode stood on the turnbuckles with the belt draped over his shoulder. T.J. Wilson rolled out of the ring and headed up the ramp to huge applause. As he went behind the curtain, Al Snow, the matches road agent and the rest of the USWF staff, hugged Wilson. T.J. was exhausted, but he knew he had fallen short...

Archived