North of the Border Pro Wrestling: Dan Stone and the Stone Family

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/joshgilbert76/NOTB/topimage.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/joshgilbert76/NOTB/notbpw.jpghttp://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n329/Dragonmack/CGC.jpg

CGC and NOTBPW have announced that they have signed a Working Agreement that goes into place immediately.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something else to do is read the dirt sheet notes for each match. It's the button beside the Next button. This will give you an idea of what is/is not working, whether it's match length, booking notes, etc. It will also give you ideas on who has good chemistry as well.

Yeah, I was looking at them before, but I really think I was trying to dictate the direction of the promotion instead of being patient and working with what I had on my roster. I totally overlooked Maverick's ability and importance. The new scores on the shows that I edited are much better. The longer matches have made a big difference as well and that was something I was not paying attention to on the dirt sheet.

Again, thanks for the help. I have some ideas for the next several shows and PPV's.

Maverick is a nice gateway to the Main Event sort of guy. He's got fairly good skills, but is fairly bland as a personality. I see him as either a solid #2 guy for one of the higher ups (McFly, JB, DeColt) or as the main guy on a midcard tag team. You can put him with a young guy to help train the young guy up (like Strong or DWN). He's not a franchise guy, but he can certainly be in semi-main events as a single or tag and hold his own.

The hard thing with NOTBPW is the midcard/undercard. Outside of Strong, there really aren't any great prospects for the future already on the roster. You can sign DWN, Lover, etc, but they aren't ready to be high end workers yet. I typically grab the two Samoans (SDI) to help the tag ranks and usually another tag team or two. The Ring Generals (statler and waldorf) are young and have good tag experience, they probably aren't going to be stars, but can serve as a solid midcard team. Art Reed and Steve Flash can be nice signings as well, but they cost a lot on PPA and travel.

Maverick is a nice gateway to the Main Event sort of guy. He's got fairly good skills, but is fairly bland as a personality. I see him as either a solid #2 guy for one of the higher ups (McFly, JB, DeColt) or as the main guy on a midcard tag team. You can put him with a young guy to help train the young guy up (like Strong or DWN). He's not a franchise guy, but he can certainly be in semi-main events as a single or tag and hold his own.

The hard thing with NOTBPW is the midcard/undercard. Outside of Strong, there really aren't any great prospects for the future already on the roster. You can sign DWN, Lover, etc, but they aren't ready to be high end workers yet. I typically grab the two Samoans (SDI) to help the tag ranks and usually another tag team or two. The Ring Generals (statler and waldorf) are young and have good tag experience, they probably aren't going to be stars, but can serve as a solid midcard team. Art Reed and Steve Flash can be nice signings as well, but they cost a lot on PPA and travel.

Will any of the PPA guys ever sign a written deal with NOTBPW ? Will that depend on my shows being quality and gaining popularity? It is a concern since it is a problem pushing PPA talent over written talent.

In order for a Cult company to sign someone to a written deal, they need a few factors:

a - 7 million in the bank

b - good backstage percentage (not a problem with NOTBPW)

c - a significant positive relationship of some sort (protoge, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc)

A good negotiating score might help offset if you don't have one of these, but from my experience and reading the boards, you need most if not all of those factors to get a written deal for a Cult sized company. Once you get to National, it gets a lot easier.

In order for a Cult company to sign someone to a written deal, they need a few factors:

a - 7 million in the bank

b - good backstage percentage (not a problem with NOTBPW)

c - a significant positive relationship of some sort (protoge, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc)

A good negotiating score might help offset if you don't have one of these, but from my experience and reading the boards, you need most if not all of those factors to get a written deal for a Cult sized company. Once you get to National, it gets a lot easier.

Yeah, I am hoping to get to National. I don't know how hard that will be. Going to have to be able to sign guys to Written deals at some point. I am around 5.5 million right now in the bank.

• 9 months later...
Been a while, but have been extremely busy. Going to take advice of a couple of you and start a diary for CGC as it fits my style. I was pretty new, still am to this. I appreciate those of you have followed this and will have the diary for CGC up soon. Thank you.

Archived