Wrestling shows and promotions in Mexico?

fusionfreak

In September me and my girlfriend are going to Mexico. We will be close to a town named Playa Del Carmen. I'm trying to talk her into going to a lucha wrestling show while we're in Mexico. I don't know the area real well and I was hoping someone who does can help me find a good promotion and show to go to while we are there? Also, I want it to be in a non-violent place. I don't want to have to worry about us being shot or kidnapped while we're there. LOL. Any help or advice would be much appriciated.

Thanks.

That's way down in Southeast Mexico, which generally doesn't have the same problems with cartels that Northern Mexico does. It also doesn't have nearly the lucha scene you'd see in Central Mexico. AAA or CMLL might do the occasional show there, but unless there's some local promotion geared towards tourists, I doubt you'll find much lucha there.

That's way down in Southeast Mexico, which generally doesn't have the same problems with cartels that Northern Mexico does. It also doesn't have nearly the lucha scene you'd see in Central Mexico. AAA or CMLL might do the occasional show there, but unless there's some local promotion geared towards tourists, I doubt you'll find much lucha there.

Thanks for the tips.

I think I can get my girlfriend to agree to do it if its within an hour's drive. Much more than an hour and she's going to say no unless we're hitting some tourists spots on the way maybe. This will possibly be an all inclusive trip. I would just like to squeze in one great lucha show while we're there if it's possible. LOL, maybe I can trick her, "Hey sweetie, lets go up north for site seeing. Wow, look at all the awesome flowers and art work and stuff. Oh look, I think its a lucha wrestling show. Let's go see. It is! Wow, tickets aren't to expensive either! I'll get 2." Then I'll run grab them really quick and we go to lucha show....

Not gonna happen, bruh. You're going to Cancun (or, using the industry marketing term, "Riviera Maya"), which is really far away from the typical lucha circuit. It's like having a wrestling show in Jamaica. Who the hell's going to go see that? The locals? You're going to the largest focused tourist area in the entire country (even moreso now that the West Coast resort towns are just short of besieged or suffering PR hell). About the only time they'd run shows there is when the place is going to be packed (like this past weekend, for Jazz Fest) but that's iffy because people would be there for another purpose (so only the curious would come to the show). You might want to check the facebook/myspace pages or websites for some of the regular performers. They often have upcoming dates and info.

You could always do some wrestling of your own ;)

Wow, I feel like a dork. I didn't get this at first. It took me about 3 seconds. At first I thought you meant we could do some backyard wrestling or something. Anyway, awesome comeback remark. You get a gold star.

Archived