How about pushing Huey Cannonball and Jerry Martin as a tag team. In 2005 they were my premier tag team "The Suicidal Blondes" for about 5 or 6 years and their skills were a little below Tommy Cornell's. I only broke them up to allow Hitomaro Suzuki and Tsurayuki Kamachi to reign on top.

Another worker that did wonders for me was Thomas Morgan who became my 6 time World Champion tying with John Greed for the most Championship wins. It took me 2 years to make them Main Eventers and when I had them headline a PPV in their first match ever for the title that Des Davids left Vacant they ended up having great chemistry and giving me my first A* match.

Last but not least this diary along with 10 Rules and MWA by Scapino in the 2007 diaries are the only ones I have tried to read in a single sitting. I couldn't but I tried. However the only criticism I have is the fact that there needs to be more Edd-Fu on not only yours but all Diaries. EDD SHOULD HOLD ALL TITLES IN ALL THE COMPANIES COMBINED.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JAY CHORD PUSH TROLLOLOLOL...

In all seriousness, I know Chord has a plan, so I'm gonna patiently wait for that to unravel.

In other wrestlers, Nomad and Remmy Skye have become personal favorites. My personal favorite gimmick with Nomad is as a mysterious foreign worker that cannot speak English, calling him Shane Chavez (which takes in account his former name "Shane D. Pain" and his mexican/canadian roots). Hooking him up with William Hayes to work on his skills a bit, or a pairing with Lassana Makutsi might go far... Fuyuko Higa is the Female equivalent of Son Chord. If she won the Womens Title, that would be pretty funny. I'm also banking on Jett showing up, to liven the Shooting Star Division even more. Jett and Edd segments could be comedy gold after all.

What could have been?

There have been a fair few storylines for which I laid the foundations, but which never really got off the ground. The reasons vary, and some of the wrestlers would have ended up in quite different positions otherwise.

For example...

...Greed and Giedroyc were meant to fight for the World title at Supreme Challenge.

This didn’t happen because I couldn’t plot out a way to get them both to main event status, have one of them (probably Greed) win the World title and the other earn the title shot... all while playing out Greed’s Seven Deadly Sins storyline. Besides, neither one of them is quite ready to main event Supreme Challenge.

...Aaron Andrews was going to cash in the Call of Destiny shot on Christian Faith.

The split from Faith was going to start out fairly amicable, before Andrews got more and more obsessed with making it to the top. Rather than going for a title, he’d grow sick of the constant references to Faith and claim that The Win was as good as a title. Andrews wouldn’t beat Faith in a straight match, but he’d come closer than anyone and the two would reconcile their differences and resume their mentor/student relationship. This was intended to serve as a counterpoint to the McFly/Newton/Keith triangle. Of course, Andrews getting into a fight with Richard Eisen sent this storyline off course.

...The Samoan Swat Machines were meant to win the tag titles.

I’m not entirely sure what happened here. I kept putting off and putting off the conflict with Wall of Muscle because I was having too much fun with the Wolfsons’ storyline. That was supposed to end in a split for the brothers, but I just became enamoured with the idea of them having one last run on top. The SSMs may get their run, or may not. The tag ranks are fairly deep, but too many of the teams have been neglected. My fault, of course, and one of the things I want to focus on in the coming year is re-establishing each team as viable contenders. Similarly...

...Big Time were meant to be a much bigger deal.

The revamped Biggz Boys had a – I think – better name, and in Katie Cameron had one of my favourite CVerse managers. So what went wrong? Well, put simply, Bart and Brett really aren’t all that. That both have high A’s in their match history is a testament to the quality of our main eventers – neither brother is that talented, and they’ve never come close to replicating that within the tag division.

...Jack Bruce was meant to beat Troy Tornado much earlier.

This simply came about because of the injury Bruce sustained at the start of 2011 in game. He was meant to beat Tornado to level the scores between them after Tornado’s cheap win in their first match. When that didn’t happen, the storyline was left spinning its wheels a bit and I ended up putting that match off while they got involved with Money and Gilmore instead. Technically the score between them is 1-1, but I think Bruce edges it on showmanship.

...Team OMGsplosion were meant to reunite in SWF.

Oh dear. This one I
really
messed up. One of the most popular parts of my MAW diary was the too-brief pairing of the ninja Fumihiro Ota and the pirate Hugh De Aske. I intended them to debut around the turn of the year in the game, but I flip-flopped between having them as sneaky heels and sneaky faces, and when I went with face, I forgot to set their gimmicks accordingly. Both ended up with basement-level gimmick ratings, and when I tried to rectify it their momentum tanked irreversibly. If I’d stuck with it, I’d just now be introducing them after six months of dark matches. Instead they became victims of the roster purge. Look for Nautical Ninja (or another, better, name) to make an appearance before Christmas.

...Remo was supposed to win the World title at Supreme Challenge XXX.

I went back and forth on this. I could have pulled it off, I think, had I not booked Christian Faith against Remo right at the start of the diary. He was the only face I could trust
at that time
to deliver a high rating against Remo. As it was, Remo winning at that time would have meant a relatively short reign, probably ended by Brandon James or Jack Bruce. Neither thought especially inspired, so Money got to keep the belt. A year later, and he still had it – that
wasn’t
planned from the start.

I'd like to thank everyone who voted for Supreme Challenge in the June 2011 Spotlight awards. Splitting the vote with Phantom Stranger's TCW diary seems like a great way to wind down this part of the diary. Thank you again to everyone.

The new diary will start up later this week. I want to post the first show next Tuesday, and ideally keep to schedule of posting STV each Tuesday thereafter.

It won't happen, but I have it as an aim nonetheless :p

And I really will try and get those full-page stats posted at some point.

Shadow Corsairs is a good one. Any others?

And have some stats - at last.

Greg Gauge

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GregFull10.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GregFull12.jpg

Matt Gauge

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MattFull10.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MattFull12.jpg

Sean Deeley

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SeanFull10.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SeanFull12.jpg

Archived