Tournaments and More

I have a couple questions I am playing as PGHW, they are a pure wrestling promotion, any tips for running a pure wrestling company? Expanding, etc? Also, how do you book tournaments like they have scheduled...any tips? Thanks.

At the very least, just put the tournament title on the line in at least one match during the month.

At most...

Depending on the prestige/level of the title (if you care), look over your roster. Pick 8 or 4 wrestlers/teams that you like. Then do a standard tourney, with each winner facing off against the other, etc., and the finals have the title on the line.

~

As for a pure/high match ratio fed...Just put on good matches. That's all you can do, really. I'd consider using pre-/post-show time to work over your youngsters; if you don't want to kill them, lower the intensity/danger down a bit. You'll take a hit, but it doesn't matter to the show's quality.

~

Expansion: I hate touring companies with a passion. Someone else can pick this up.

I'll pick up on the expansion bit then since I like PGHW.

Immediately get a PPV deal in both USA and Canada - should be able to get either a small or medium provider, on a 90% deal. Might be worth trying to get into the other countries as well.

Try and expand the TV show into USA and Canada too.

Make sure you run house shows = extra money - you want to increase that bank balance to sign writtens before getting to national.

Then get to national as quick as possible!!!

By doing that, you will be increasing your pop in N America, while still running all your shows in Japan.

Edit: You can try changing the match ratio to 80% - this allows you to run highly rated angles (and therefore gives you a chance to use Yoshimi for the first year. Put his push manually to main eventer and then have him talk = 90 ratings - and his momentum won't drop like a stone!)

Koiso and Kawashima (among others) can also talk, Dread and Diaz can use their menace etc.

To keep it realistic - just do interview / hype segments.

At the very least, just put the tournament title on the line in at least one match during the month.

At most...

Depending on the prestige/level of the title (if you care), look over your roster. Pick 8 or 4 wrestlers/teams that you like. Then do a standard tourney, with each winner facing off against the other, etc., and the finals have the title on the line.

~

As for a pure/high match ratio fed...Just put on good matches. That's all you can do, really. I'd consider using pre-/post-show time to work over your youngsters; if you don't want to kill them, lower the intensity/danger down a bit. You'll take a hit, but it doesn't matter to the show's quality.

~

Expansion: I hate touring companies with a passion. Someone else can pick this up.

its a A rated...do i have it set between maineventers then?

I'll pick up on the expansion bit then since I like PGHW.

Immediately get a PPV deal in both USA and Canada - should be able to get either a small or medium provider, on a 90% deal. Might be worth trying to get into the other countries as well.

Try and expand the TV show into USA and Canada too.

Make sure you run house shows = extra money - you want to increase that bank balance to sign writtens before getting to national.

Then get to national as quick as possible!!!

By doing that, you will be increasing your pop in N America, while still running all your shows in Japan.

Edit: You can try changing the match ratio to 80% - this allows you to run highly rated angles (and therefore gives you a chance to use Yoshimi for the first year. Put his push manually to main eventer and then have him talk = 90 ratings - and his momentum won't drop like a stone!)

Koiso and Kawashima (among others) can also talk, Dread and Diaz can use their menace etc.

To keep it realistic - just do interview / hype segments.

hmm for my tour, do i set all my shows i do through the week to ppv then? or how do I do it? And thank you very much!

its a A rated...do i have it set between maineventers then?

hmm for my tour, do i set all my shows i do through the week to ppv then? or how do I do it? And thank you very much!

TO the first question - yeah either main eventers or upper midcarders.

The tour - the events that are in the database already - they are set to be on PPV already. To set up ordinary 'small' shows (which go towards your TV contract), you need to create a weekly event (or 2/3 if you want more than one show per week)

eg: Name the show - Pride Tour (Tuesday), set it to weekly on a Tuesday (or other day - but not Friday as that is the day of the PPV's)

If you want a second show - call it Pride Tour (Saturday) and put it weekly on a Saturday.

Then wait till March to start running the shows!

TO the first question - yeah either main eventers or upper midcarders.

The tour - the events that are in the database already - they are set to be on PPV already. To set up ordinary 'small' shows (which go towards your TV contract), you need to create a weekly event (or 2/3 if you want more than one show per week)

eg: Name the show - Pride Tour (Tuesday), set it to weekly on a Tuesday (or other day - but not Friday as that is the day of the PPV's)

If you want a second show - call it Pride Tour (Saturday) and put it weekly on a Saturday.

Then wait till March to start running the shows!

I actually really like this...it's really easy to get good match ratings lol...is it beneficial to run storylines? I'm having a hard time keeping their momentium.

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for the great help and adivce.

No need to run storylines unless you have 70% or less match ratio.

That said, if you're pushing a tag team, put them in a storyline along with some top main eventers. Unchained. Any time you use the team, you get storyline progression. Any time you use two of the main eventers, storyline progression.

So those awesome matches from the main eventers can pull the tag storyline to the moon :D

And you can't run house shows. You're a touring promotion. ._.

That said, if you're pushing a tag team, put them in a storyline along with some top main eventers. Unchained. Any time you use the team, you get storyline progression. Any time you use two of the main eventers, storyline progression.

So those awesome matches from the main eventers can pull the tag storyline to the moon :D

Yeah I just found that out lol I was kinda bummed...should i change it frmo touring to a regular?

And OK, I will try that thanks so much for your help!!!!

TO the last bit - oops my bad - I always edit Art Reed's touring contract to a 6 month written and make them a normal (non touring) promotion

The first bit - there is no reason NOT to use storylines - they can really only help build match ratings (unless you screw up really badly - which is hard to do with PGHW!) - so just use the unchained ones

Archived