A "Newbie" with Historical Modding Questions

Hello.

I purchased TEW 2010 recently, but I've been reading the diary and mod threads for a couple of years now. I'm a big fan of the Golden Age Mod as well as the DOTT from TEW 2005.

Anyway, I'm wanting to put together an older real world scenario, possible Lou Thesz era, and I had some questions about creating workers:

1) When using Quick Add, are the values generated by the program applied when the worker debuts, or are they "peak" values. For example, if I have a mod that starts rolling in 1972 and I want to create Ric Flair and have him develop into a legend over the next 35 years, would I give him maximum values in the "Nature Boy Calls" skill set or do I need to scale it back to 7 or 8 and give him a maximum rating for potential?

2) Does anyone have suggestions for how to assign popularity for a debuting worker? How high is too high? Is it more realistic to give a rookie a bump in his "home" area and zeros elsewhere, or is that too great a handicap to overcome?

I'll stop here, since these are my two biggest concerns at the moment.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has insight into these issues.

Rodney

1) Values are their starting value. As the game progresses these stats will most likely go up for the majority of workers over time until they get old, at which point they'll start to decrease.

2) For a worker who's never ever had a run with a promotion F, F+ tend to be about right. If they're a protége of a famous wrestler or were trained at a famous school E-. But it all depends how much popularity you're giving your most popular workers.

Just remember most stats follow a bell curve, and there's numerous balacing guides on here if you look hard enough. The board could always do with new modders. Anyone who has newly debuted and will eventually have an A or A* in a stat should debut with it at around C or C+ at most to allow it to develop over the years.

Archived