1994: Clash of The Titans

Yeah, to me, it is probably the best and most fun scenario idea I have heard of yet.

Indeed, I have come to think that while my 1995 mod, marking the beginning of the Monday Night Wars as it begins with the first ever Nitro, is on paper a better start date - I think this start date will play out more exciting. You get to book Hogan's WCW run from the beginning, there's no Dungeon of Doom, Steamboat is still wrestling, Art Barr is alive, GWF is still operating (at least for a few months more), Mexico has 3 big promotions instead of just 2, ECW is at the beginning of their run as extreme (technically, they didn't change their name for another couple of months - but for playability, they already changed when my mod starts), The Fabulous Freebirds are still active, Eddie Gilbert is still alive, Mabel never won King of The Ring - and much, much more...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll probably invade WCW with a bunch of Hogan's buddies lol which will keep things very close to the way it was in 94-95.

Brutus Beefcake will *never* set foot in my WCW. :p

In the meantime, while this mod does in particular cater to us WCW fans, WWF is at an interesting point as well: Bret vs. Owen/Backlund is still going on with Bret as champ, the beginning of the amusing Undertaker vs. Underfaker feud, the Shawn Michaels/Diesel relationship, etc.

Indeed, I have come to think that while my 1995 mod, marking the beginning of the Monday Night Wars as it begins with the first ever Nitro, is on paper a better start date - I think this start date will play out more exciting. You get to book Hogan's WCW run from the beginning, there's no Dungeon of Doom, Steamboat is still wrestling, Art Barr is alive, GWF is still operating (at least for a few months more), Mexico has 3 big promotions instead of just 2, ECW is at the beginning of their run as extreme (technically, they didn't change their name for another couple of months - but for playability, they already changed when my mod starts), The Fabulous Freebirds are still active, Eddie Gilbert is still alive, Mabel never won King of The Ring - and much, much more...

I highlighted my favorite reasons why this mod is going to be incredible. Mable/Dungeon of Doom are by far tied at number 1.

All kidding aside, as you said in Page 1, Austin/Levesque still being in WCW is a huge draw for me. My head is just exploding with possibilities. There's just so much you can do!

I just thought of someone else working for WCW at this point, and now I want to play it even more: Dustin Rhodes.

Edit: And Vader!

Indeed. As well as both Terry Funk and Mick Foley. Not to mention that Harley Race is managing Vader.

Very exciting times.

Wikipedia says he beat Jerry Lawler at KOTR '94 (June 19), but it then says "Leaving the WWF again, he soon returned in 1995 at WrestleMania XI." So, unless he left the week later, he's still there. Hive will have to confirm this, though.

I'm actually so excited about this that I am brainstorming while at work about it haha...and I am thinking about how to keep Flair and Hogan apart until Starrcade. So many ways to take this, esp with Hogan enemies like Paul Orndorff and Ray Traylor working for WCW then. Might do a ghosts of Hogan's past type run til I give him the shot at Flair.

I'm doing the same thing, bud! The possibilities of this particular mod have been running through my mind all week!

Please Hive, don't take this as us trying to rush you. We'll try to be as patient as possible while you make yet another incredible mod!

Where is Piper at this time in 94? Wasn't he working for Vince?

Wikipedia says he beat Jerry Lawler at KOTR '94 (June 19), but it then says "Leaving the WWF again, he soon returned in 1995 at WrestleMania XI." So, unless he left the week later, he's still there. Hive will have to confirm this, though.

As I have been unable to find any evidence that Piper spent any time in WWF between the above mentioned match against Lawler and him refereeing a match at Wrestlemania the year after, I will have him start the game as a free agent.

Please Hive, don't take this as us trying to rush you. We'll try to be as patient as possible while you make yet another incredible mod!

That's okay, I'm glad that there are others who are as excited about this mod as myself. I myself have been thinking up storylines for various feuds I want to run, so you guys are not alone with that.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

PSH! Don't speak for me!

Hive, hurry up :p

On a serious note, are you using a pic pack similar to the 1995 mod or one that's exclusively Kyky/CW/some other background? I wasn't a fan of the style of the 95 mod and ended up using a different one and filled in gaps.

PSH! Don't speak for me!

Hive, hurry up :p

On a serious note, are you using a pic pack similar to the 1995 mod or one that's exclusively Kyky/CW/some other background? I wasn't a fan of the style of the 95 mod and ended up using a different one and filled in gaps.

I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm using the same pic pack (though expanded) as I did for my 1995 mod. I'm not a big fan of Kyky (don't know that CW one) and I quite frankly cannot be bothered to cut to my own backgrounds, as finding and resizing the worker pictures are more than enough work for me as is. Also, more often than not I don't like the look of it, as it's most of the time very visible that they have been cut from something else.

I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm using the same pic pack (though expanded) as I did for my 1995 mod. I'm not a big fan of Kyky (don't know that CW one) and I quite frankly cannot be bothered to cut to my own backgrounds, as finding and resizing the worker pictures are more than enough work for me as is. Also, more often than not I don't like the look of it, as it's most of the time very visible that they have been cut from something else.

Not a disappointment at all :)

I just recently started working on an April 2004 mod(right when the Mordecai vignettes started) and I've already discovered how much of a chore a lot of this can be.

I'm convinced that this mod will rekindle my love for TEW. Any word on release date?

Hive said he's hoping for a release at the end of the month.

Question for everyone: What's the first title change you make?

I'll probably move the WCW World Heavyweight Championship to Sting. The Flair/Hogan feud doesn't need to be for the title.

Edit: Hive, I know you said that Piper will start unemployed. Is this the case with Davey Boy Smith, who returned to the WWF in August? It's probably an obvious answer, I just want to make sure.

Hive said he's hoping for a release at the end of the month.

Indeed. And so far, it's on track.

Question for everyone: What's the first title change you make?

Likely the tag team belts to some heel team so I can get Stars 'N Stripes chasing the belts! Oh yeah!

I'll probably move the WCW World Heavyweight Championship to Sting. The Flair/Hogan feud doesn't need to be for the title.

Sting is an excellent choice!

Edit: Hive, I know you said that Piper will start unemployed. Is this the case with Davey Boy Smith, who returned to the WWF in August? It's probably an obvious answer, I just want to make sure.

I have him unemployed for now, as I thought he didn't return to WWF untill later. But if it's as soon as august 1994, he will be at WWF. I will double check.

Indeed. And so far, it's on track.

That's excellent news!

Likely the tag team belts to some heel team so I can get Stars 'N Stripes chasing the belts! Oh yeah!

Not one of my favorites, but you go right ahead. :p

Sting is an excellent choice!

Lengthy feud with Vader? Yes.

I have him unemployed for now, as I thought he didn't return to WWF untill later. But if it's as soon as august 1994, he will be at WWF. I will double check.

Yeah, he returned at Summerslam in the crowd and immediately joined the Owen/Bret feud on Bret's behalf. According to Cagematch, his first match was a victory over Barry "Horrible-witz" on Wrestling Challenge, August 30.

Yeah, he returned at Summerslam in the crowd and immediately joined the Owen/Bret feud on Bret's behalf. According to Cagematch, his first match was a victory over Barry "Horrible-witz" on Wrestling Challenge, August 30.

Yes I see that now, he returned at Summerslam August 29... which is more or less 2 months after the mod starts. So the question is now: is that soon enough to have him start as an employee by WWF or should he start as unemployed? I'm a bit thorn right now, to be honest... for now, he'll stay as unemployed. But I'll think about it.

Yes I see that now, he returned at Summerslam August 29... which is more or less 2 months after the mod starts. So the question is now: is that soon enough to have him start as an employee by WWF or should he start as unemployed? I'm a bit thorn right now, to be honest... for now, he'll stay as unemployed. But I'll think about it.

Whether I play as WWF, WCW, or ECW, the first thing I'll do is sign him, so I'd leave him unemployed so that I can have him regardless. Maybe my opinion shouldn't be taken into consideration. haha

Archived