owned by a rival media group

im playing as roh and they are owned by a rival media group; how do i get a tv show with that? everytime i send out a request it gets blocked...theres only one comany in the us owned by the media group and they are small when i think i could get a little bit biggeer then they offer - the bigger company they own is in mexico and i doubt i could get a show with them there because i have all f's in mexico

im playing as roh and they are owned by a rival media group; how do i get a tv show with that? everytime i send out a request it gets blocked...theres only one comany in the us owned by the media group and they are small when i think i could get a little bit biggeer then they offer - the bigger company they own is in mexico and i doubt i could get a show with them there because i have all f's in mexico

In short, you can't. Could you see WWE on TBS/TNT when WCW was alive and well? It's the same concept.

I had the same problem when I was doing a WCW game with the 1997 mod. My ratings were really bad towards the end and TBS and TNT wouldn't renew my shows and I couldn't get a show on another network because they were a rival media group. In short I ended up running Bash at the beach as the last pay per view that I did for that game and after that the game was pretty much over because I couldn't get a TV deal and I lost my PPV deal as well after falling to cult. So yes the long and short of it is that you are pretty much screwed when it comes to Rival Media groups.

I had the same problem when I was doing a WCW game with the 1997 mod. My ratings were really bad towards the end and TBS and TNT wouldn't renew my shows and I couldn't get a show on another network because they were a rival media group. In short I ended up running Bash at the beach as the last pay per view that I did for that game and after that the game was pretty much over because I couldn't get a TV deal and I lost my PPV deal as well after falling to cult. So yes the long and short of it is that you are pretty much screwed when it comes to Rival Media groups.

Is there a way i can buy the company, or change who owns them and make it me without restarting it.

This is an example of where a real world mod fails by trying to be too accurate.

That certainly isn't the mod or modmaker's fault, though. It's incredibly realistic. WCW was owned by Turner, which is why they were only shown on Turner channels (TNT, TBS, etc.) It makes perfect sense. It's more about the person playing failing to entertain the audience and get good ratings.

This is an example of where a real world mod fails by trying to be too accurate.

Do you actually know the benefits and drawbacks of being owned by a media group? Go check and then come back and say that. About the only failure on the modmaker's part is not stratifying Turner's cable channels (to give a path of progression for the owned promotion). But that's getting into minutia (which most modmakers don't do. Dealing with the data is enough of a pain).

The media group feature is a trap that many (historical) modmakers fall into. In reality, there are only three or four media groups that can make the feature shine. Viacom, NBCUniversal/Comcast, Disney, Fox, etc (can't count Scripps because wrestling doesn't fit any of their niches). In historical mods set prior to Ted selling out, the feature is more harm than help. It was the wrestling promotion that raised the profile of the network (at least at first), and TEW doesn't simulate that (yet?).

That certainly isn't the mod or modmaker's fault, though. It's incredibly realistic. WCW was owned by Turner, which is why they were only shown on Turner channels (TNT, TBS, etc.) It makes perfect sense. It's more about the person playing failing to entertain the audience and get good ratings.

er, no. From the OP, I get the feeling he's doing TOO well. In other words, he's doing 'Big' network numbers but he's on a 'small' or 'medium' network. He wants to go to a bigger network, seems like.

Do you actually know the benefits and drawbacks of being owned by a media group? Go check and then come back and say that. About the only failure on the modmaker's part is not stratifying Turner's cable channels (to give a path of progression for the owned promotion). But that's getting into minutia (which most modmakers don't do. Dealing with the data is enough of a pain).

The media group feature is a trap that many (historical) modmakers fall into. In reality, there are only three or four media groups that can make the feature shine. Viacom, NBCUniversal/Comcast, Disney, Fox, etc (can't count Scripps because wrestling doesn't fit any of their niches). In historical mods set prior to Ted selling out, the feature is more harm than help. It was the wrestling promotion that raised the profile of the network (at least at first), and TEW doesn't simulate that (yet?).

er, no. From the OP, I get the feeling he's doing TOO well. In other words, he's doing 'Big' network numbers but he's on a 'small' or 'medium' network. He wants to go to a bigger network, seems like.

I was not talking about WCW. I was talking about the OP problem he is having with Ring of Honor.

Archived