Major/Best features

I know there are people who can explain this better than I.

However.

National battle - If there are 3 or more National companies in one country they will battle using show ratings. First will receive a small bonus (iirc) and last will receive a popularity cut due to the battle. It is meant to drop one of the three out of the national scene.

regional battle - Much like a national battle, but replace the word nation with 'region' and there you go.

Angle naming - just like hitting autoname for a match. So a Christian faith and Remo Postmatch Attack angle would be autonamed to 'Remo attacks Christian Faith'. Saves so much time.

I could be wrong on any of these, so I await Derek or Remmy to jump in and correct.

While these may not seem like important features to others, these are the two biggest reasons why I bought the game:

1.) Talent Trades. For example, say I'm ROH and I have a working relationship with WWE. I can, theoretically (depending on popularity), trade Davey Richards to the WWE for CM Punk. Each wrestler would then be on a loan contract with the other promotion for 1, 2, or 3 appearances.

2.) Turns During Matches. In TEW 2005, I had Randy Orton join Nexus by attacking John Cena after losing a tag match against CM Punk and Wade Barrett. In 2010, I can set him to turn during the match, making it more realistic. How often have we seen someone turn on their partner during a match?

Like I say, they may not seem like much to others, but these were the main reasons why I shelled out $35.

2.) Turns During Matches. In TEW 2005, I had Randy Orton join Nexus by attacking John Cena after losing a tag match against CM Punk and Wade Barrett. In 2010, I can set him to turn during the match, making it more realistic. How often have we seen someone turn on their partner during a match?

Oh, I use that a bunch too.

How about 'hiring rules' being able to shape the AI to only hire who they "should" hire according to a series of rules assigned.

Lashley, have you tried the demo of '10?

Hmm and to answer the demo question, yes I have but i don't like the cornell universe unless im on WMMA

Well there are a host of superb mods made by the community if you're considering buying the game. Lord knows I've downloaded so many that I can't sustain one particular game for long before I go back to/move on to another one. :D

I'm going to put this simply. There are SOOOOO many upgrades in features and things of that nature between 05 and 10 that its (almost) impossible to list them all. Especially since there was a game in between the two. I know that 05 is free, but I can assure you that if you spend the 35 bucks on the 2010 version, you will NEVER be disappointed. And right now you can have the assurance, since Adam is working on the Comic Book Hero game, that you aren't in any danger of buying the game and a new version coming out in a couple of months. My advice to you is to spend the money as this game is well worth half the price of a console game. I'll spend $60 on a game for 360 and it will NEVER get the use that TEW2010 gets.

Archived