The London-Verse

Name: "TKO" Thomas K. Orton

Size: Middleweight

Ethnicity: White - American

Gimmick: MMA Badass

Appearance: Buzz cut, blue eyes, 5 o'clock shadow, rugged

Skills: Good brawling, OK technical, high intensity & stiffness

Ring Style: MMA Crossover

And my one true weakness: Creating a bio! Here goes noting.

Bio: "TKO" Thomas K. Orton was formerly a professional MMA fighter who turned to pro wrestling after too many injuries put an end to his MMA career. After spending 2 years in Japan learning & training to be a pro wrestler, Thomas returned to the States where he had a brief stint in (insert promotion here) before being signed up by CWE.

Making his debut for CWE by knocking out (insert wrestler here) in under 15 seconds, "TKO" looks to have a bright future ahead of him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I have noticed is that a lot of people like to submit former boxers/mma fighters. Very strange indeed.

Thanks for submitting characters into the competition to those that have done so thus far. I look forward to other entries in the near future. :)

Something I have noticed is that a lot of people like to submit former boxers/mma fighters. Very strange indeed.

Thanks for submitting characters into the competition to those that have done so thus far. I look forward to other entries in the near future. :)

In that case, next time I'll submit a former world champion chess player. :p

Love the streams, even though I've missed most of them live.

Emulate what you see. Welcome to the Brock Lesnar "Legit wrestler" phase.

Name: Jasper Dwight

Size: Middleweight

Ethnicity: American

Appearance: A grin.

Skills: Better as heel.

Ring Style: Regular wrestler

"The Disputed" Jasper Dwight is an allround worker who is very inventive in finding ways of cheating in the ring. It's not unusual that Dwight puts more effort in antagonizing the CWE referees instead of his opponents, giving the CWE Fans empathy and feeling sympathy for the refs, which in the end may benefit the promotion as whole.

We've had seven character submissions for the CWE contest thus far.

I will keep the competition open for another couple of days before closing the window and making my final decision. I will plan to stream the rendering of the winning submissions towards the end of the week. :)

Name: Ryuji Narigawa

Size: Light Heavyweight

Ethnicity: Japanese

Appearance: Dominant smirk, shaved head, goatee

Ring Style: Puro

Skills: Good basics, good safety, good brawling, mediocre tech, non-existent flying, decent charisma, poor mic and acting

Bio: Despite being on the other side of 40, Ryuji Narigawa is a talented brawler who never got the chance he deserved in the Japanese scene, which may be down to being unable to use his natural charisma. After years of getting nowhere, a dissatisfied Ryuji accepted an opportunity to go over to the US and wrestle, hoping to be one of the Japanese wrestlers to make a scene in America. He may never get a world title run, but has the ability to become a solid midcarder for CWE.

Well I have an idea for a character. Not quite sure it's what your looking for in a promotion like CWE, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Name: Sean Winters/The Tasmanian Tiger

Size: Small

Ethnicity: Australian

Appearance: 5'8", Green Eyes. Wears a mask that is designed to emulate the now extinct Tasmanian Tiger (Looks more like a wolf then a tiger), which is mainly brown with some small black stripes. While Unmasked has short dirty blonde hair.

Ring Style: Cruiserweight

Skills: Very Good Technical Skills, Flashy, pretty good Aerial Skills, Low rumble skills. Moderate Star Potential (Mainly due to his small size). Great Selling and pretty good performance skills overall. Great Athleticism. Not very good on the microphone.

Finisher: Tasmanian Death Lock (Mounted Rear Naked Choke)

Character: Underdog/Fun Babyface

Bio:

Sean Winters is an Australian who first started wrestling at independent shows across the country when he was sixteen. He was initially little more than a self trained spot monkey, but his dedication and natural athleticism impressed a promoter enough that he sponsored him to train professionally. Winters proved to be an excellent student as his wrestling skills improved rapidly. In an effort to diversify his skills he took up Judo lessons and soon began incorporating his new found technical skills into his fast paced high flying offense to create a very exciting style.

Despite being much improved Winters was still finding it difficult to find regular work due to his small size and somewhat bland looks. In order to spice things up Winters donned a mask and created the character of the "Tasmanian Tiger." The new character proved successful in helping him stand out and he soon began working regularly for several of Australia's larger promotion.

With the Wrestling Industry in Australia being so small Winters made the move to the greener pastures of the United States in 2007. He caught the attention of the All Action Association where he soon got over with the fans as a babyface and established himself as having some of the best technical skills in the company.

In the Summer of 2010 Winters made the surprising jump to the CWE. Most predicted he wouldn't succeed due to his small size, style, and masked gimmick. At first this seemed like it would be the case as his spent the first year with the company as a jobber, but opportunity called in January 2011 when a last minute injury allowed Winters to fill in and have his first pay per view appearance. His performance clearly impressed both the fans and higher ups enough that he began to be featured more heavily and has established himself as a fan favorite.

His small size make him a natural Underdog, but his mounted rear naked choke finisher allows him to realistically defeat larger opponents as he can seemingly hit the move out of anywhere using his incredibly fluid technical skills.

Didn't mean to write so much, but I figured I needed to explain why my character would be in the CWE. I suppose if you do select my entry it might be a good idea to include an unmasked version of the character to allow him to be unmasked/whatnot, though I probably shouldn't ask more work from you.

Name: The Transient

Size: Heavyweight

Ethnicity: White, American, From any under pass he sees fit!

Appearance: Long unkept black hair, Shaggy Beard,Missing some Teeth

Ring Style: Brawler,high selling, safety and entertainment skills.

Finisher: Welfare Check (Package Pile Driver) The BOOT! (Running Boot)

Bio: The Transient is never in one promotion very long hence the name. But the fans love that he never shy's away from a beating and has no regard for his own body. In a wrestling world filled with former MMA fighters and pretty boys, The Transient stands out as he doesn't look like a wrestler at all. Just a man, down on his luck after he lost it all when the stock market crashed. With nothing to lose and no where to live The Transient wrestlers for a pay check just as he wrestlers with his life as a homeless drifter.

Thank you everybody who has submitted a character for the CWE competition. The contest is now closed and my favourite three submissions are listed below in no particular order:

- Sean Winters (Tiberious4)

- Jamaari Hassan (Timber)

- Seth Mondo (Super Nova)

I will plan on streaming the rendering of these characters (at least one of them) tomorrow evening. I will post more details tomorrow. Hope to see you guys there. :)

Thank you everybody who has submitted a character for the CWE competition. The contest is now closed and my favourite three submissions are listed below in no particular order:

- Sean Winters (Tiberious4)

- Jamaari Hassan (Timber)

- Seth Mondo (Super Nova)

Good choices, I think!

Hope everybody enjoyed the stream. :)

Here are the three competition winners:

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/001JamariHassan.jpghttp://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/001SeanWinters.jpghttp://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/001SethMondo.jpghttp://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/001SethMondo-2.jpg

Hope everybody enjoyed the stream. :)

Here are the three competition winners:

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/001JamariHassan.jpghttp://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/001SeanWinters.jpghttp://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/001SethMondo.jpghttp://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/001SethMondo-2.jpg

Just going to say now. I like the final one with the highlights. Seeing them side by side...the Highlights make it so much cooler.

Amazing stuff. Sorry i missed the stream but it's exactly what i was picturing. The rest are great as well. Keep up the hard work. I know i'm not the only one waiting for the release.

Thanks Timber, hopefully you will be around for the next one.

The stream was a good time. Got to see London in action making some excellent renders as well as the play by play of the end of the Portugal vs Spain match. :p

Well the BBC commentators weren't doing the game justice, so somebody had to jump in! :p

And LoNdOn calling people names...mean jerk..:p

I called it like I saw it. :)

It's not being mean if he's correct.. er.. umm. look a shiny penny!

Exactly.

He was not correct, and he still owes me an apology. I gave him the right now, everyone else lied to him. :p

I apologised three or four times to you during the stream and called 1234 and 20Legend smelly instead. :D

London is our friend, he is your friend too, he could never hurt you, so you must be a friend of the London. All Hail London!

And now the insanity of the chat room has officially boiled over into the forum. :p

Archived