New Real World Mod Data Only Thread

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could also add a match type for divas, say a singles match rated on sex appeal? Then you don't have to give them good stats to get middle of the road ratings.

That is a very good point.

Something I want to do is add some future narratives too. So if you want to request something possibly then go ahead and post your idea.

A couple I am considering is Brock Lesnar returning to pro wrestling part time and then the Rock following suit part time between movies. Dana White and Paul Heyman opening UFC Pro Wrestling in 2015 as well. Again just some ideas. What do you guys think?

Many are PSD-Dreams, some are mine, some are random requests but I'm sitting on a pack of 854 logos (event, network and promotion). Major thanks to Fatally Lost however.

I don't know how comfortable I am using someones work without their permission.

Just seems wrong to do a mod with my name on it and then use something that someone made themselves. If Fatally Lost says I can use his work I will gladly use it. I don't want to step on anyones toes though.

Could also add a match type for divas, say a singles match rated on sex appeal? Then you don't have to give them good stats to get middle of the road ratings.

The match issue works fine in theory for a promotion like WWE up to a point.

Ok, I am going to leave the name of the worker out of this (due to her privacy and don't want to get her in trouble) but it might be easy to figure out who I am referring to.

A while back a certain female worker and I were chatting she was recovering from an injury. During this conversation, she and I discussed some things regarding her returning to the ring after she had recovered. She explained to me about how she really was rarely (if ever) given an opportunity to show everything she could do in a ring. She'd become so well-known on the indy circuit for certain kinds of matches that many promoters wouldn't book her because they either did not know she could work more than "hardcore" matches or didn't have anyone who was willing to work with her because they didn't know she actually had some technical skills. (A large part of the issue might have been a worker who also "ran" (or mis-ran) a promotion who had a background as a hardcore wrestler that handled a lot of her bookings, too.)

The point here is that the casual viewer is not going to know that Beth or Natalya are any better in the ring than Eve or AJ. I mean really! The WWE doesn't book their women's division seriously. And if you brought LuFisto into the WWE, most would probably not realize how good she is in the ring. This is because of the way WWE books. In a similar manner, Beth and Kelly put on a really good women's match (i'd even say almost great by WWE standards but those are low standards) at the past two PPVs (even if you don't agree with the outcome).

Creating a match type will help to some extent. However, you run the risk of having to fudge the "sex appeal" rating on someone like Kharma (who isn't known for her sex appeal per se) or have complaints from the worker (thus hurting morale) about being put in those kinds of matches when they have the skills to do other).

And instead of adjusting stats, it may be a better fix to do a minor tweak to a few females here and there but focus on adjusting the "potential" of the women and then utilizing the chemistry feature in the game. The only problem there is that certain women (and men) who can "have a good match with just about anybody" won't really benefit. At least with the WWE women.

Still sucks that WWE legitimately makes an effort to dumb down their women's division. And I still stand by that a few of their women have much better potential than WWE shows in their booking.

Oh and its MsChif no period in her name. I've gotten yelled at personally for doing that.

Ok, I am going to leave the name of the worker out of this (due to her privacy and don't want to get her in trouble) but it might be easy to figure out who I am referring to.

A while back a certain female worker and I were chatting she was recovering from an injury. During this conversation, she and I discussed some things regarding her returning to the ring after she had recovered. She explained to me about how she really was rarely (if ever) given an opportunity to show everything she could do in a ring. She'd become so well-known on the indy circuit for certain kinds of matches that many promoters wouldn't book her because they either did not know she could work more than "hardcore" matches or didn't have anyone who was willing to work with her because they didn't know she actually had some technical skills. (A large part of the issue might have been a worker who also "ran" (or mis-ran) a promotion who had a background as a hardcore wrestler that handled a lot of her bookings, too.)

The point here is that the casual viewer is not going to know that Beth or Natalya are any better in the ring than Eve or AJ. I mean really! The WWE doesn't book their women's division seriously. And if you brought LuFisto into the WWE, most would probably not realize how good she is in the ring. This is because of the way WWE books. In a similar manner, Beth and Kelly put on a really good women's match (i'd even say almost great by WWE standards but those are low standards) at the past two PPVs (even if you don't agree with the outcome).

Creating a match type will help to some extent. However, you run the risk of having to fudge the "sex appeal" rating on someone like Kharma (who isn't known for her sex appeal per se) or have complaints from the worker (thus hurting morale) about being put in those kinds of matches when they have the skills to do other).

And instead of adjusting stats, it may be a better fix to do a minor tweak to a few females here and there but focus on adjusting the "potential" of the women and then utilizing the chemistry feature in the game. The only problem there is that certain women (and men) who can "have a good match with just about anybody" won't really benefit. At least with the WWE women.

Still sucks that WWE legitimately makes an effort to dumb down their women's division. And I still stand by that a few of their women have much better potential than WWE shows in their booking.

Oh and its MsChif no period in her name. I've gotten yelled at personally for doing that.

It's not just the women who don't (or aren't permitted to) show their complete arsenal in the E.

I think Beth and Kelly Kelly put on a good match mainly because of the road agent and Beth Phoenix.

I've seen maybe a handful of Diva matches in WWE that were watchable. So I am strongly against giving out chemistry notes and such to the women there. I also won't hike stats for any of the WWE Divas. It just wouldn't play out right to me.

Trust me though the women are something I will look carefully at because I do understand how the WWE misuses the women who can wrestle. It would be unfair if I based all my stats for Natalya on her WWE work because she is much better than they show her to be.

It's not just the women who don't (or aren't permitted to) show their complete arsenal in the E.

Yeah Genadi is right. A lot of the guys have been toned down too. The WWE likes everyone to work the same way for the most part with a few exceptions. Good example is Hogan in Japan during the early 90s compared to the WWF then.

I agree that Mickie's non-hardcore skills are not great. And I will agree that LuFisto is arguably better (though how much better might be debatable). And having said that, you're opinion of Mickie "based on what you've seen" is exactly my point on the topic of "how she is asked to work" by promoters or "how she is expected to work" by promoters.

She'll always be a brawler first and foremost but she does have some technical ability (though she never uses it). I wouldn't give her more than a D- but I would definitely say she merits more than an F. See her matches with Rain when she first debuted, they weren't great but were not bad. They definitely were better than her technical skills as seen in her hardcore matches.

Oh and if you add her. Yeah, leg condition should be dropped down and not just because of the video that you are referring to online.

And Genadi, you are ABSOLUTELY right about the male workers being "dumbed down" in the WWE. However, certain mod makers and most "Internet experts" tend to give the men more of a pass about it. At the worst, it is blamed on the WWE and not the skills of the guy.

but onto another subject, are you using a template other than the default one for angles, gimmicks, and storylines? And do you want a list of guys working in NWA Anarchy and Rampage Pro Wrestling (and some other promotions in GA) that you probably should include?

I agree that Mickie's non-hardcore skills are not great. And I will agree that LuFisto is arguably better (though how much better might be debatable). And having said that, you're opinion of Mickie "based on what you've seen" is exactly my point on the topic of "how she is asked to work" by promoters or "how she is expected to work" by promoters.

She'll always be a brawler first and foremost but she does have some technical ability (though she never uses it). I wouldn't give her more than a D- but I would definitely say she merits more than an F. See her matches with Rain when she first debuted, they weren't great but were not bad. They definitely were better than her technical skills as seen in her hardcore matches.

Oh and if you add her. Yeah, leg condition should be dropped down and not just because of the video that you are referring to online.

And Genadi, you are ABSOLUTELY right about the male workers being "dumbed down" in the WWE. However, certain mod makers and most "Internet experts" tend to give the men more of a pass about it. At the worst, it is blamed on the WWE and not the skills of the guy.

but onto another subject, are you using a template other than the default one for angles, gimmicks, and storylines? And do you want a list of guys working in NWA Anarchy and Rampage Pro Wrestling (and some other promotions in GA) that you probably should include?

Yeah I will take suggestions on promotions/rosters that you are familiar with and such. Can't guarantee I will include all of the promotions though. A couple of them may make it in though. As for the workers I will try to put all of them in.

As for the gimmicks I will be using the set that is included in Genadi's mod.

For angles and storylines I am not sure yet but will take suggestions and check them out.

So it's alright to put a promotions info & roster in the thread? Pretty much know what should be put for Pro Wrestling Eve.

Yeah any promotions you think should be in outside of the obvious promotions. A link to the information such as their website is highly recommended too.

US Promotions

WWE, TNA, ROH, Dragon Gate USA, CZW, IWA, SHIMMER, NWA Hollywood, FCW, CHIKARA for sure will be in.

Canada Promotions

Mexico Promotions

AAA, CMLL

Japan Promotions

New Japan Pro Wrestling, All Japan Pro Wrestling, Pro Wrestling NOAH, Dragon Gate

UK Promotions

European Promotions

Australian Promotions

Pro Wrestling Eve

EVE

www.evewrestling.com

October 2010

Midlands (UK)

18%

Random

Regular Schedule

Popularity:

Midlands Uk: 18%

South: 13%

Owener & Booker: Dann Read

Recurring Roster (as of the latest DVD release & excluding Eve vs. Ice Ribbon):

Alpha Female (H) – Omega Slam (Oklahoma Slam) - Germany

Nikki Storm (H) – The Perfect Storm (Unknown) - Scotland

Rhia O’Reilley (F) – Rhiajusment (Double Arm DDT) - Ireland

Blue Nikita (H) –Blue Krush (Air Raid Crash) - Greece

Shanna (H) – Perfect Press - Portugal

Carmel Jacob (H) – Embellishment (Unknown)- Scotland

Sara – Marie Taylor (H) - Pumphandle Suplex - Scotland

Kay Lee Ray (F) – KLR (Gori Bomb)- Scotland

Destiny (F) – Big Splash - England

Erin Angel (F) – Moonsault - England

Super Janey B (F) – Kryptonite Kross – Unknown (England)

April Davids (H) –Ankle Lock - England

Liberty(F) – Arm Drag - England

Em Jay (F) – The Penalty Kick (Punt) - England

Jetta (H) – Manager – Lung Blower (Stranglehold double knee backbreaker)- England

Jenny Sjodin (F) –Cross Arm Breaker - Sweden - Eve Champion

Becky James (F) – Cross Body - Wales

Amazon (H) – Tree Slam (Double Handed Chokeslam) - England

Pollyanna (H) – Gut Wrench Posh Plex – England

Melodi (H) – Face Buster - England

Product obvious subject to scrutiny as I'm no mod maker :)

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/10/28919125713.jpg

Pro Wrestling Eve

EVE

www.evewrestling.com

October 2010

Midlands (UK)

18%

Random

Regular Schedule

Popularity:

Midlands Uk: 18%

South: 13%

Owener & Booker: Dann Read

Recurring Roster (as of the latest DVD release & excluding Eve vs. Ice Ribbon):

Alpha Female (H) – Omega Slam (Oklahoma Slam) - Germany

Nikki Storm (H) – The Perfect Storm (Unknown) - Scotland

Rhia O’Reilley (F) – Rhiajusment (Double Arm DDT) - Ireland

Blue Nikita (H) –Blue Krush (Air Raid Crash) - Greece

Shanna (H) – Perfect Press - Portugal

Carmel Jacob (H) – Embellishment (Unknown)- Scotland

Sara – Marie Taylor (H) - Pumphandle Suplex - Scotland

Kay Lee Ray (F) – KLR (Gori Bomb)- Scotland

Destiny (F) – Big Splash - England

Erin Angel (F) – Moonsault - England

Super Janey B (F) – Kryptonite Kross – Unknown (England)

April Davids (H) –Ankle Lock - England

Liberty(F) – Arm Drag - England

Em Jay (F) – The Penalty Kick (Punt) - England

Jetta (H) – Manager – Lung Blower (Stranglehold double knee backbreaker)- England

Jenny Sjodin (F) –Cross Arm Breaker - Sweden - Eve Champion

Becky James (F) – Cross Body - Wales

Amazon (H) – Tree Slam (Double Handed Chokeslam) - England

Pollyanna (H) – Gut Wrench Posh Plex – England

Melodi (H) – Face Buster - England

Product obvious subject to scrutiny as I'm no mod maker :)

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/10/28919125713.jpg

That is exactly what I was looking for. I will check them out.

Archived