2011 Conference Moves

I have been playing with the demo version. I would like to buy the program, but I don't like that I cannot run the new 2011 conferences with new championship games.

I have managed to get pstats to be somewhat successful. However running the new PAC12 conference crashes my game without fail.

Is there going to be an update that addresses this?

Also is there an official editor? Or is the only way to edit by adjusting the pstat and psetup, leaving us to hope for the best if it is working?

Thanks

There is an in game editor that allows you to edit the player and coach names and attributes. As far as the default setup and conference alignment that has to be done through the database.

The Pac-12 shouldn't cause a crash by default, the application is flexible enough to handle it, is there a chance that there is another issue in the file (wrong number of teams in a conference, etc)?

I have been pretty meticulous about making sure that the number of teams/ conferences are all correct. That does not mean there is no error - but after a number of different attempts and playing with the stuff - it continues to have the same crash.

When I sim or play the championship week it does not save. Because of that I am leery about purchasing the full version of the game.

you asking a six year old program to run something modern.

Precisely my concern. If there is not some sort of working update, why fork out full price... I like it, but it seems 'off' to pay a fair price for something that "sort of might" work.

If I am going to try and run a fantasy league off of this, people want the updated alignments and as the person running it - I need it to work. Otherwise I am the one who gets beat up over it.

Can't dispute you there. However, it's still a good game and there are many active multiplayer leagues out there with various conference alignments. Some have even gone up to the point of this preseason (pre-A&M). In the end, we've all been waiting years for an updated version but it's not happening unfortunately. So you have to make the call if you can live with the price and the conditions. For me though, I've gotten about 40 sim seasons in MP leagues and hundreds of solo seasons from the game over the years. Not a bad investment from my stand point.

Archived