Strip all titles, and retire most of them. Keep a World Title, a Tag Title, a Cruiserweight Title, maybe a Midcard Title--either U.S. or Intercontinental.

Set up factions....Raw, Smack Down, WCW, ECW (or combine Raw/Smackdown into the WWE faction)

Have a tournament or Royal Rumble for the World belt, with either a WCW or ECW guy going over. Put him in a three or four-way feud (unchained storyline) with a top guy from each of the other factions. Or run the "too many contenders" storyline, and let guys from different factions fight for a title shot at the next PPV.

For the tag title, maybe a four team elimination tag match, with the winners being from one of the factions that did not win the World belt. Like the world title, let the factions compete for the belts, but do it in a different way than you do it with the World title. Maybe two tag feuds, one for the belts, the other for next contender status.

I'd try to book all the titles so that no faction has more than one, or maybe two at the most. To make an invasion/merger thing work, you can't bury any of the factions. They all need to get some wins, but take some losses too....so everybody looks strong.

You might also run some Survivor Series type matches...which ever faction wins gets to challenge for a title of their choice...but maybe there is dissension in the ranks over who gets the title shot, leading to some feuds within the factions.

Might consider turning off face/heel divide...or at least weakening it, so faction trumps alignment.

Might consider turning off face/heel divide...or at least weakening it, so faction trumps alignment.

I was thinking about letting each faction have two groups. Heels, and faces. The faces just wanting a place to work. Showing them going up to McMahon asking for a job, or just have McMahon debuting them as a new signing. Or just simply have the announcers hype the fact that so and so got signed to a contract. and as for the heels, they want to take their spot and invade wwf and cause mayhem.

That would work well i think. You get the bitter guys that want to smash the WWE for taking their jobs and they can battle the guys they think are traitors because they took the contracts from Vince.

Mix in some of the regular WWE guys to stand with the "traitors" and you have a good supply of guys to use. I'd even have it so that the new Heels can bring some of the old WWE guys to their side, saying that the WWE held them down and that they can be part of the new world order. ":)

The invasions main problem wasn't that they only had 2nd string guys, it was that Vince would never make them look like a force to be reckoned with. Vince gave them about 15 mins then jobbed them out like old t shirts. If you take time to build them, using angles, Face offs in the ring, a few Menace angles and a parking lot beat down or brawl, you can easily get them over and start building to the fun ppv's like Survivor Series. I've always loved the big team elimination matches.

Archived