Any draw back to running a show every week?

I just started a game with default data (Plus Eyeball's expansion) and I am taking control of Fight League Brazil. The company has plenty of main event stars, but is only low level regional so can't really turn a profit as such.

Because of that I want to get the popularity up as soon as possible, since the game isn't that much fun running money-losing events.

I have started running shows every two weeks just to get popularity up, but I'm wondering, is there any draw back to having shows more often? I'm thinking of going to having a show every single week, but will that impact the company at all, or does the game not factor in how recent your last show was?

Basically, is there any penalty or draw back to doing weekly shows, simply in an effort to build up popularity? (as long as I have enough main event stars to do so, that is, which in the case of FLB, I believe I do).

I think next game I'm going to go with bi-weekly tv shows and events, as it is imo the fastest way to build popularity. Ok, your company will suffer for it for a while, but the fighters' pop will go up quicker (I think).

Drawback is possibly a drop in attendance. You're also better to put arcade booking on as some fighters need 7 weeks to prepare, which is almost impossible to book with this philosophy.

Drawback is possibly a drop in attendance. You're also better to put arcade booking on as some fighters need 7 weeks to prepare, which is almost impossible to book with this philosophy.

Is there a limit to the amount of shows I can have booked at one time?

Because otherwise I don't see why I couldn't have two or three months of shows booked and then book that third or fourth month out each week, giving everyone still plenty of time to recover...

Actually, now that I think about it, you're right, because they still won't *think* about taking a fight until they are healed up ... That's one thing I dislike about the game... I don't like turning "fantasy booking" on because I like having to deal with injuries and real-life stuff like that and I don't want to book a guy every week or something, but it's annoying how you have to wait until the guy is healed just to get him to accept a fight that could be three or four months away .. I wish there was more user friendliness on this aspect, aside from turning fantasy booking on.

It would indeed be nice to have an 'arcade' option altogether.

Anyway, I have an additional database in my game where I edit all fighters' 'preparation' and 'recuperation' stat (check the mental tab) to 0 or 1, eliminating preparation times and recuperation times. You can use the mass editor to achieve this. That way, the only thing standing in your way are suspensions and injuries. Perhaps you should try that. It's definately possible to book a guy almost every week, if he keeps himself from being hurt too much.

Recently the maximum amount of shows increased as well, so you can book more at the same time.

I've actually done this in my previous game with ALPHA-1, but there are a few tricky points:

- I was at Low International so I had a lot of money, I only held fights in Japan but I rotated regions so never noticed any drop in attendance. I also had a lot of fighters, at low regional I would worry about spending too much on wages.

- You can't run more than two ppvs per month, the game blocks running any more, so I ran ppv in week 1, TV Show A in week 2, ppv in week 3 and TV Show B in week 4, always on Saturdays.

- Because you can't book a new episode of a TV Show until you've held one and you can't have more than two TV show contracts, fighters that need more than 4 weeks of camp can't be booked on TV, but because you can book up to 5 ppvs, you can book these with 10 weeks advance in my system so any fighter can be on ppv (maximum camp I've seen is 8 weeks).

- Fighters recuperation time and camp lenght have to be tracked so that you can have the best match-ups, I had a spreadsheet per weight class so that I knew who would be available for which week

Archived