Community to be put together to work on mods.

Munit

It is a good question you have posed - and one that has never quite been answered.

I, for one, happen to enjoy Wrestling Spirit 2 to this day. Sure, there are a few things that bug me - but, overall, I find WS2 to be a special game. Adam's kayfabe approach hearkens back to the early 80s, which very few games have managed.

As to why it isn't popular? Who really knows. However, the game was released about five years ago; whatever fans there were have long ago moved on.

At one time I strongly suspected that a lack of up-to-date 'real world' mods was one of the biggest problems - but, again, who really knows. I do know this: creating a mod for this game can be very time consuming. You've got worker stats, worker movesets, moveset AI settings, moves to fill the movesets, promotion set-ups, etc.; if you want to 'get it right', it can be daunting.

I did the D.O.T.T. database for the two Wrestling Spirits (which you can find in this forum section by setting the display to show old posts). While I do happen to think it was rather swell, having it based on the territorial era limited its appeal to modern fans (which is completely understandable).

Several people have tried to do modern sets, but nothing complete was ever released.

I blame slackers. :D

Re.

I think the game is amazing aswell, and even though it's 5 years old there is no other game even close on the market in this genre. The problem is two fold as I see it, a modern(and often updated) mod would revive the game a lot. I personally haven't watched weekly wrestling shows (wwe/tna) for years and only sometimes watch Ring of Honor and I feel that the current climate of wrestling is not as interesting as it was before. The characters we had in the D.O.T.T era and late 80's fit perfectly for this game, it makes all the workers original and each game unique. Many of todays wrestlers lack that something which makes them stand out. Which would make the process of adding around 1000 workers to the game quite tedious.

Which brings me to the next point, Moves and Move-Sets. D.O.T.T has an amazing Move-Set system and I used it for a base for my mods. It is possible but finding new pictures for all existing moves and creating new moves but to make the mod feel complete would take ages. Balancing the moves between characters has always been a subject for debate for all the mods in the forum.

I think the solution might be a Joint Effort mod from people on the forum, but a few things need to be decided. If a modern mod should be a priority or if a historical mod (96/97 Monday Night Wars) would be more popular. How moves should be rated(I would recommend working from D.O.T.T if would be ok with D.Boons Ghost) and building from that. Dividing up who creates promotions and workers depending on what people are interested in. For example, if there are a lot of WWE,TNA,ROH fans then then concentrate on making them complete instead a half hearted effort of a dozen small indy feds and an outdated Japanese market.

I have finished with the Marvelverse for now, since CBH has come out and might start to create a modern mod for Wrestling Spirit 2 if there is any demand for it.

I am not a comics fan, but the Marvelverse is a solid and entertaining mod for this game. It is my opinion that if a more modern set was to be worked on, VampiroEl would be my first choice to head the deal, as he has displayed a fine understanding of the game mechanics and is a talented mod-maker.

Not that I am electing you, Vampiro. Nor am I suggesting that my opinion means anything more than a mole hill of beans. :D

Anything that can be taken from D.O.T.T., please do. I would volunteer my efforts, but I haven't watched (nor been a fan of) pro wrest... er, Sports Entertainment for 15+ years; I'd have no clue whatsoever.

-------

Of course this could very well be moot; I am not at all sure there would be enough demand to justify the effort. But I could be wrong. :)

Did you get a decent amount of downloads for your MV mod, Vampiro? The reason I ask is that yours was the last mod(s) released for WS2. As such, the amount of downloads might be a decent enough indicator as to how many people still bother.

One suggestion: Socko's Brawl for All modern-day mod was pretty well received, from what I remember. Perhaps someone can contact him and see if it can be used as a base.

<p>Ok, well i´ve been looking at this for the past few days and have decided to give it a go. I was planning on continuing a CBH mod I was making but I find that the game is a bit underwhelming compared to other Ryland games. I feel like an up to date mod would give this game some new life.</p><p> </p><p>

I am going to use all the info from the Brawl for All mod and borrow some stuff from D.O.T.T and use some of the TEW mods for references (who´s Heel/Face in which promotion)</p><p> </p><p>

I haven´t decided how many promotions to include in the initial release but I will probably limit it to about 10-12 and have them mainly based in the USA.</p><p> </p><p>

Current Idea: WWE</p><p>

FCW(WWE´s deveolmental)</p><p>

TNA Wrestling</p><p>

ROH</p><p>

Chikara</p><p>

PWG</p><p>

SHIMMER</p><p>

CZW</p><p>

NWA:Hollywood</p><p>

AAA</p><p>

CMLL</p><p>

AJPW</p><p>

NOAH</p><p>

NJPW</p><p> </p><p>

These promotions will provide wrestlers at all different levels to find work and be able to develop. More will be added in further releases. </p><p> </p><p>

Not sure how long this is going to take, but I should be able to give it a fair amount of time over the holidays and may have something to release in the next few weeks. Bare in mind that move-sets might be a little generic for many of the indy workers as that is the aspect of WresSpi2 that takes the most time.</p>

A new modern mod would be awesome. I used to own this game but when I got this computer I lost my elicence. I'd agree that movesets are the most time consuming aspect of this game. I hope this doesn't go so far then not get finished like other promising mods I've seen discussed on here in the past.

Work in progress

So, over Christmas and New Year i´ve been able to work quite a bit on the new modern mod. I have decided, mainly because of my limited knowledge of Japanese wrestling and Mexican wrestling to make it a USA only mod, for the moment. Progress is going well, the worker count is up to 400 and i´ve completed 4 promotions (WWE,TNA wrestling, Ring of Honor and Chikara) and started this afternoon on Florida Championship Wrestling. I have to mention, in my research for this mod that FCW have a lot of brilliant upcoming talent and a few people to watch out for, like Alexander Rusev.

I am going to add Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, SHIMMER womens athletics, Combat Zone Wrestling and NWA Hollywood so there will be a good mix of promotions with different styles.

Hope to release this in around a week and continue working on this afterwards so to include promotions from all around the world and finally have a complete up to date real world mod.

Any suggestions about workers or promotions that should definetly be in future releases would be greatly appreciated.

Keep watching these forums for news about the mod

Cheers

VampiroEL(Stockholm,Sweden)

So, over Christmas and New Year i´ve been able to work quite a bit on the new modern mod. I have decided, mainly because of my limited knowledge of Japanese wrestling and Mexican wrestling to make it a USA only mod, for the moment. Progress is going well, the worker count is up to 400 and i´ve completed 4 promotions (WWE,TNA wrestling, Ring of Honor and Chikara) and started this afternoon on Florida Championship Wrestling. I have to mention, in my research for this mod that FCW have a lot of brilliant upcoming talent and a few people to watch out for, like Alexander Rusev.

I am going to add Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, SHIMMER womens athletics, Combat Zone Wrestling and NWA Hollywood so there will be a good mix of promotions with different styles.

Hope to release this in around a week and continue working on this afterwards so to include promotions from all around the world and finally have a complete up to date real world mod.

Any suggestions about workers or promotions that should definetly be in future releases would be greatly appreciated.

Keep watching these forums for news about the mod

Cheers

VampiroEL(Stockholm,Sweden)

Really excited about this. Its cool because once weve got one working real time mod, We can use that data to go back into the past a few years and spread out even more potential for real life mods.

I would love to see Impact Pro Wrestling New Zealand included. Their website is http://www.impactprowrestling.co.nz/ and the roster page includes information about each wrestler's signature and finishing moves. Unfortunately there are some wrestlers for whom their profiles don't come up and at least one who hasn't yet got a bio. Some tag teams also don't have bios just yet. If this comes to fruition I will definately be getting WreSpri2 again.

Ok guys I started to work on a modern day mod trying my best I love this game and I never gave up hope.

This project wont be finished in a day or so but could use some help down the line heres to a good start though.

33 feds in all so far although it wont let me post screenshots..

Feds i've created so far include:

All Japan Pro Wrestling

All Pro Wrestling

Asistencia Asesoría y Administración

Big Japan Pro Wrestling

Chikara

Combat Zone Wrestling

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre

Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling

Dragon Gate USA

Dramatic Dream Team

East Coast Wrestling Association

Evolve Wrestling

Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling

Fight The World Wrestling

Florida Championship Wrestling

Full Impact Pro

Heartland Wrestling Association

Impact Wrestling

Juggalo Championship Wrestling

Kaientai Dojo

Kensuke Office

Lucha Libre USA

Maryland Championship Wrestling

Maximum Pro Wrestling

Michinoku Pro Wrestling

New Japan Pro Wrestling

Ohio Valley Wrestling

Osaka Pro Wrestling

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Ring Of Honor

SMASH

World Wrestling Entertainment

Im working on the mod as much as I can on my free time. Between working 40 plus hours a week at my job, a three month old son, and actually being a traveling indy wrestler guys im going to try to get this out there asap. Would love anyone willing to help

Ok, when you say 33 feds done so far, does that mean Wrestlers, Titles, Move-sets etc. because that's what takes time. I have nearly completed 5 feds (WWE TNA ROH FCW SHIMMER) and It's taken me over an estimated 50 hours. I have set a realistic goal to get 9 USA feds finished so there will be a variation of styles and level of wrestlers and will expand it later. If you have a good level of knowledge of the Japanese scene at the moment I would be very thankful if you could focus on that area first and we could.possibly combine the mods after. I am glad that there is am interest in Wrestling Spirit 2 still and we can still hope for a sequel :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived