Game won't launch

I had "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" with the two you told me to add to the list. I switched it to "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" and Bowl Bound began to work again (which makes sense). Fast Break still does not work though.

I switched it to the other mode and added runservice, bb2005 and fbcb2010. I was able to run Bowl Bound but not Fast Break.

I just tried running TEW 2007 in "essential Windows programs" mode and it had an eLicence icon and hung (like fastbreak). For grins I uninstalled the program, rebooted and tried to reinstall. When it gets to "Updating System Configuration", an eLicense icon appears in the task bar and it hangs. If I right-click close the eLicense icon, it finishes the install. When I try to run it, eLicense icon in taskbar again and it hangs. This happens consistently. I'll try switching it to the DEP mode with the list of programs again, but I'm betting it won't work.

So at this point, I can get Bowl Bound to work in either mode but can't get TEW or FBCB to work at all. One difference is Bowl Bound already had a valid license established.

<p>I closed out the processes I didnt think were needed (like update processes for iTune, Java, etc.). I then tried running again but it didn't work. Here are the process that were running at the time:</p><p> </p><p>

atieclxx.exe</p><p>

csrss.exe</p><p>

dwm.exe</p><p>

explorer.exe</p><p>

FBCB2010.exe</p><p>

taskhost.exe</p><p>

taskmgr.exe</p><p>

winlogon.exe</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

<p>My solution</p><p> </p><p>

I was having the same problem and I couldn't figure it out for the longest time. Then I looked up my anti virus program and why the e-license wouldn't work with it on google. Anyway, I use Zone Alarm and when my wife installed the program she also installed the tool bar that came with it. I discovered that the tool bar was blocking the e-license. I don't need the tool bar so I uninstalled it and now my game works fine. So maybe your anti-virus program has a tool bar that's blocking the e-license, look in your control panel, uninstall programs and look for your anti-virus program name and see if there's a tool bar there too. If so, uninstall the tool bar and see if that helps.</p>

Archived