Question Regarding the Use of Mods....

I have been sitting on the fence with this game and I must admit that the mods being developed are quite facinating to the point where I'm now compelled to take the plunge. My question however is in regards to how the mods are intergrated into the "vanilla" game. Is the "vanilla" game always available to play if you install a mod, or does the mod overwrite the "vanilla" files. In the same vein, can you run a multi mod game or can only one mod be intstalled...thanks

Incorrect good sir. what you do is set up a new database and put the mod files into that (if it isn't already set up for a new db).

Then you can switch between mods and default by just switching your database from one to the other. a mid should never force you to overwrite anything.

I meant it would overwrite if you just copy/paste them in without doing anything extra. Sorry about the mistake. :rolleyes:

I got what you said. Sometimes I don't think PP finishes reading posts, as it's like he responds to the first part of them.

Only reason I didn't point it out is because PP's post does help clarify what you were saying, and he said "good sir", and was polite, and accurate, and well, he's PP, and I like him so he gets a free pass.

I meant it would overwrite if you just copy/paste them in without doing anything extra. Sorry about the mistake. :rolleyes:

I wasn't intending to be condescending I just wanted to emphasize that installing a mod shouldn't overwrite default files as I gleaned that the OP was worried that installing a mod would wipe out the default DB and wanted to dispel those fears.

Archived