MPW: Built from scratch (0/0/0/0 C-Verse)

<p>From the Ohio Jewish Center, with 300 people in attendance...</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>MPW presents End Of Days</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Announcers:</strong></p><p> Remmington Remus and Jamie Atherton</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Native Americans (Roger Monteiro & Running Wolf) vs Texas Outlaws (Bradley Blaze & Shame)</strong></p></div><p></p><p> On commentary, Remmington Remus hypes the opening match of the night as an opportunity for the Native Americans to reclaim honour for their tribe following the beat downs they have suffered at the hands of the Texas Outlaws. Things didn’t start well for the Native Americans however, as a missed Dropkick from Monteiro allowed Shame & Blaze to isolate Monteiro in their corner. The Outlaws implemented frequent tags to keep themselves fresh and wear down their opponent. </p><p> </p><p> The turning point in the match came when an attempted Suplex from Shame was reversed by Monteiro, leaving both men down in the middle of the ring. Monteiro & Shame struggled back to their respective corners, and both men made the tag simultaneously. Running Wolf hit the ring and cleared house. Successive Clotheslines from the 6’6 290lb tribal leader sent both members of the Outlaws to the mat. A Big Boot on Bradley Blaze sent the bandit sprawling and, sensing an opportunity, Running Wolf made the tag back to Monteiro. Wolf then threw Shame over the top rope with ease, as Roger Monteiro climbed to the middle rope to hit the Eagle Chop (Flying Tomahawk Chop) for the win.</p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Native Americans defeated Texas Outlaws in 6:21 when Roger Monteiro defeated Bradley Blaze by pinfall with an Eagle Chop.</p><p> </p><p> Rating: D</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>****************************************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> As Roger Monteiro & Running Wolf celebrate their victory in the ring, Marshall Dillon appears from behind the curtain. Dillon arrives in the ring, and the three Texas Outlaws surround the Native American duo. However before they can attack, Mr Lucha III surprisingly appeared from the back and hit the ring. Seeing the MPW Champion coming, the Texas Outlaws decide to bail from the ring. Alone with the Native Americans in the ring, the MPW Champion called for a microphone.</p><p> </p><p> Lucha: “I’m getting pretty tired of you cowboys and your lawless ways. There should be Wanted signs all over the arena, with a reward placed on each of your heads... but for some reason I don’t see any posters. So instead, I’m going to have to take the law into my own hands. Since you haven’t had a match yet tonight, how about you & I go one on one bug guy?”</p><p> </p><p> Marshall Dillon motions at himself, as if he is surprised by Mr Lucha’s challenge. Then he makes a belt motion around his waist, as if demanding the title be on the line. Lucha accepts, and we have our Main Event for the evening!</p><p> </p><p> Rating: D+</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>****************************************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Cal Sanders vs Mark Smart</strong></p></div><p></p><p> Mark Smart came into this match still searching for his first win in MPW, and faced a tough test this month against Cal Sanders. Smart started the match fairly well, trading moves with Sanders and even gaining the advantage for a period. The momentum continued to ebb back and forth between the two competitors, but eventually Sanders’ technical skills won through and the lumberjack took control of the match and picked up the victory. Despite the loss here, Smart had certainly put in an improved performance.</p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Cal Sanders defeated Mark Smart in 8:26 by pinfall.</p><p> </p><p> Rating: C-</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>****************************************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Jayson Van Pelt vs Jamie Atherton</strong></p></div><p></p><p> Before heading out for his match Atherton tells Remus to pay attention, as he was about to prove he was the best wrestler in this damn company. Atherton says he had Svensson beat if the referee hadn’t incorrectly DQ’d him last month. Remus opens his mouth to disagree, but Atherton is already on his way to the ring to face Jayson Van Pelt. The match is contested at a lightning pace, with both men trading moves back and forth. The decisive factor in this match proved to be Jamie Atherton’s new manager Sienna DeVille, as she had done so often for her former client Raphael. A well timed trip from DeVille sent Van Pelt off balance, and left him open for a Lightning Bolt from Atherton.</p><p> </p><p> Following the match, Atherton returns to the commentary desk and proclaims that with DeVille by his side he would rise to the very top of MPW. </p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Jamie Atherton defeated Jayson Van Pelt in 7:59 by pinfall with a Lightning Bolt.</p><p> </p><p> Rating: C-</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>****************************************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Nigel Svensson vs DeCipher</strong></p></div><p></p><p> On commentary, Remmington Remus informs viewers that Svensson is as unhappy as Atherton at the finish to their match last month. Possibly as a result of this, Svensson came into this match super aggressive... as he launched a series of hard right hands. Svensson looked to be going well, until one of his punches caught one of the spikes on DeCipher’s mask. Svensson recoiled at the impact, as DeCipher let out a maniacal cry of laughter. Taking advantage of the situation, DeCipher unleashed a Lariat to send Svensson to the mat. </p><p> </p><p> DeCipher stayed on top, using a series of Arm Drags and Dropkicks to stay on top of his opponent and prevent Svensson from launching any offence of his own. This tactic proved successful until around the six minute mark, when DeCipher missed an attempted Dropkick to provide an opening for Svensson. The Swede didn’t need a second invitation, as he snapped off a Suplex to turn the momentum in his favour. DeCipher was quickly back to his feet, but a Belly to Belly Suple from Svensson sent DeCipher sprawling across the ring and sliding to the outside.</p><p> </p><p> Sensing that Svensson was gaining control DeCipher decided to grab a chair, which was willingly donated by Jamie Atherton at the commentary desk, before returning to the ring. However Svensson was able to avoid the attempted chair shot, grabbing hold of DeCipher’s right arm and locking in his feared Hyper Extension Arm Lock. DeCipher struggled briefly but had no choice but to tap out and give Svensson the win.</p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Nigel Svensson defeated DeCipher in 7:15 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.</p><p> </p><p> Rating: C-</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>****************************************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> Next up Ant Man makes his way down to the ring, joining the defeated DeCipher in the ring.</p><p> </p><p> Ant Man: “It’s been nearly two years since MPW debuted here at the Ohio Jewish Centre. Every month for two years, I’ve been performing in this old community centre for your entertainment. But ever since day one, none of you have wanted to see me perform. No, you’ve all wanted to see the colourful, sparkly luchadors. Guys like the MPW Champion Mr Lucha.”</p><p> </p><p> Lucha’s name gets a cheer from a couple of kids in the front row. Ant Man seems to notice this, and directs his attention to the two children in question. </p><p> </p><p> And I know that all the kids in the crowd ask their daddies... “Why doesn’t the mean man like the Mr Lucha?” Am I right? Well let me tell you something kids, Mr Lucha and his merry band of lucha friends are nothing but a bunch of parasites. They come over to the USA, taking jobs away from hard working American wrestlers, and then try to sponge everything they can from our wrestling promotions. Then to rub salt in the wounds, once they’ve taken everything that they feel they can from the system they run straight back to the country they came from, without so much as a second thought for the American wrestlers and promotion they have left in the lurch. You don’t believe me? Just take a look at what happened with Velocidad!”</p><p> </p><p> Ant Man pauses for a moment, before continuing his tirade.</p><p> </p><p> Ant Man: “Over the last year, you people have told me that I am failing in my quest... but you never consider that the luchadors have always had the extra man. Three of them, and two of us. Hell, sometimes I was fighting them alone. But now, with Velocidad gone, the sides have evened up. Now that we are on an even keel, you people will see just how superior I am. 2012 is going to be a whole new year. It will be the year that I claim my first MPW Championship, it will be the year where DeCipher and I run this show... and, most importantly, it will be the year that I remove the luchadors from this promotion once and for all... and all of that starts tonight, as I defeat Amazing Fire Fly to put all of these events into motion. I will not fail, because I’m the Ant Man... and I can lift anything!” </p><p> </p><p> With Ant Man’s promo seemingly finished, he motions for Amazing Fire Fly to join him in the ring. The luchador seems only too happy to oblige, as he comes flying out from the back and breakneck speed... and this one is on!</p><p> </p><p> Rating: D+</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>****************************************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Amazing Fire Fly vs Ant Man</strong></p></div><p></p><p> Ant Man demanded this match following Amazing Fire Fly’s victory over Ant Man’s associate DeCipher last month. Ant Man considered the victory ‘controversial’ due to the involvement of a chair in the pinfall, despite the fact that DeCipher had introduced the chair into the match in the first place. Ant Man started the match strongly, with his power advantage allowing him to gain control with a series of high impact slams. After a few minutes of throwing the luchador around, Ant Man made his first mistake, as he tried to land a Powerbomb. However Amazing Fire Fly was able to shift his weight to reverse the move into a Spinning Hurricanrana, which sent Ant Man sprawling across the ring.</p><p> </p><p> Ant Man was quickly back to his feet, but turned right into a Dropkick from Fire Fly. The luchador quickly bounced off of the ropes and landed a running Tilt-a Whirl DDT to a rising Ant Man, spiking his opponents head into the canvas and completely turning the momentum of the match. Following the DDT Fire Fly looked to make the cover, but Ant Man was able to get the shoulder up at two. Fire Fly quickly followed up with a Springboard Leg Drop to his downed opponent for another two count. Ant Man slowly struggled back to his feet but was met with an Enzuigiri which stunned a groggy Ant Man, who was just able to remain on his feet, before Fire Fly looked to bounce off the ropes for a running Crossbody. Ant Man once again showed his immense power, as he recovered his senses in time to catch the flying luchador. Ant Man was able to shift Fire Fly onto his shoulders as if the luchador weighed nothing, before hitting a devastating Antidote from nowhere. Jonathan Taylor counted the three, and Ant Man had walked away with a victory from a match he had looked in real trouble of losing.</p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Ant-Man defeated Amazing Fire Fly in 7:47 by pinfall with an Antidote.</p><p> </p><p> Rating: D+</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>****************************************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> Next up, Roderick Remus makes his way to the ring to address the crowd before his match.</p><p> </p><p> Remus: “Last month, Mr Lucha shocked the world by escaping from last month’s Main Event with his title reign still intact. Now I’m a gracious loser, so congratulations Mr Lucha... even if it was a fluke. Anyway, there’s no use worrying about what’s already happened. So I decided to get back on my feet by facing the toughest competitor this company has to offer. So would my opponent please make his way down to the ring...”</p><p> </p><p> Rating: D-</p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>****************************************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Donte Dunn vs Roderick Remus</strong></p></div><p></p><p> Remmington Remus hypes this match as a huge opportunity for Donte Dunn to make a huge mark here in MPW, as he faces Remmington’s brother who is of course a former MPW Champion. Dunn started the match strongly, using his natural athleticism to counteract the superior technical skills of his opponent. However as the match wore on, Remus’ superior experience and know how shone through and the former champion began to take control. Dunn kept fighting gamely though, and continued to work Remus hard. The MPW Champion eventually came through though, locking in the Remus Clutch for the win.</p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Roderick Remus defeated Donte Dunn in 7:08 by submission with a Remus Clutch.</p><p> </p><p> Rating: C-</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>****************************************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>© Mr Lucha III vs Marshall Dillon</strong></p><p><strong> MPW Championship</strong></p></div><p></p><p> On commentary, Jamie Atherton & Roderick Remus hype this match as a real challenge for MPW Champion Mr Lucha III. While the champion has had an impressive reign to date, and had seen off many tough challengers, Marshall Dillon represented an entirely new challenge. The challenger stands at 6’6 and weighs in excess of 300 pounds. Atherton muses whether Lucha has bitten off more than he can chew by challenging the physically imposing Dillon.</p><p> </p><p> The match kicks off will Marshall Dillon in the ascendancy. The cowboys power game proved too much for Mr Lucha to handle, as the MPW Champion was simply tossed across the ring. Lucha kept coming back at Dillon though, and eventually managed to work his way back into the match. Lucha quickened the pace, using a hit and run tactic to try and keep out of the grasp of the larger Marshall Dillon. </p><p> </p><p> However this tactic could only prove successful for so long, as a missed Dropkick allowed Dillon to get hold of the champion once again. Dillon whipped Lucha into the ropes, before nailing a Big Boot to send the champion to the mat. Dillon hauled the champion to his feet, and looked to hit his finisher: the Crackdown. However Lucha was able to slip out of the back of the Crackdown, before nailing an Enzuigiri to send Dillon to the mat. Seeing his opportunity Lucha quickly jumped to the top rope, before nailing the Third Strike on Dillon. The champion made the cover, and Jonathan Taylor made the count to give the exhausted luchador the win.</p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Mr. Lucha III defeated Marshall Dillon in 8:08 by pinfall with a Third Strike. Mr. Lucha III makes defence number 8 of his MPW Championship title.</p><p> </p><p> Rating: C+</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Final Rating: C</p><p> <em>There was a feeling some of the angles used did not reach the standards set by the in-ring action. This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.</em></p>

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Predictions

Emark 7-0

Zergon 7-0 + 1 bonus

Condors 6-1

Jaded 4-3

Prediction Contest (After 12 Shows)

Zergon 71-8 + 1

Emark 71-8

Condors 59-12

Boltinho 39-13

masterofnone 10-1

Jaded 4-3

Thank you to everyone who predicted again this month, and to everyone who takes the time to read the show. Congratulations to both Zergon and Emark for both getting full marks for the show, and to Zegon for winning the prediction contest for the year. It went right down to the wire with the bonus question deciding the winner, with the title match being match of the night. I’ll PM you shortly regarding your prize. I’d also like to welcome Jaded to the predictions, and hope to see you back next show for the start of a brand new round of predictions. :)

As always I’d be interested to hear any feedback anyone has on the show, whether it be on my writing style, layout or any other comments you may have. I hope to see everyone back next show :)

December 2011

‘The End of Days’ proved to be a hugely successful show for MPW, as we won our monthly regional battle with NYCW and PSW for the first time. To be outdoing the efforts of two larger and more prestigious companies was hugely encouraging going into 2012, which promises to be a huge year for the company. Having been drawn into this regional battle during the second half of 2012, putting on great shows had taken even higher importance. The aim for 2012 would be to be consistently competitive in these monthly battles, and to ensure we came out on top in at least a couple of them...

TCW

-Charlie Thatcher, Jasmine Saunders, Joshua Taylor, John Anderson & Bryan Vessey extend deals

Big Event: TCW Psycho Circus (B+) Buy Rate: 2.94

Main Event: Sean McFly bt Troy Tornado to retain the TCW World Heavyweight Title

Match of the Night: Tommy Cornell bt Rocky Golden

Bookers view: A good month for TCW, as Psycho Circus continued their successful run of PPV’s and was a good way to round off a great year for the promotion. They also secured the contract extension of key talent Bryan Vessey. There is no doubt 2011 was a great year for the promotion, as they extended their lead at the top of the US wrestling scene.

SWF

-Christian Faith, Lobster Warrior, Marc DuBois, Gregory Black & Cheetah Boy extend deals

Big Event: SWF Christmas Clash (B) Buy Rate: 2.46

Main Event & Match Of The Night: Vengeance, Eric Eisen, James Justice & Runaway Train bt Brandon James, Rich Money, Marat Khoklov & Christian Faith

Bookers View: SWF managed to end 2011 on a high, despite struggling for much of the year. As well as putting on a solid PPV, they managed to persuade key stars Christian Faith, Lobster Warrior and Marc DuBois to all extend their deals with the promotion. Having lost a number of stars throughout 2011, things look to be going in the right direction for the #2 promotion in the US.

USPW

-Alicia Strong, Freddie Datsun, Jumbo Jackson, Pete the Hillbilly, Raven Robinson & Andre Jones extend deals

-Robbie Sanchez leaves USPW

-Ryan Holland & Lead Belly sign with USPW

Big Event: USPW Made In America! (C+) Buy Rate: 1.44

Main Event & Match Of The Night: Valiant bt T-Rex to retain the USPW World Title

Bookers view: USPW made the surprising move of bringing Lead Belly, probably most famous for his lacklustre SWF run as one-half of the Dirty White Boys, in to the promotion as a new singles star. Lead Belly arrives as a menacing midcard Heel, and it will be interesting to see how he fares in his first solo run in a major promotion.

<p>Today TEW.com released their review of the world of wrestling for the year of 2011. Here were the results... </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">2011 End of year review </span></strong><p> Promotion of the Year: Total Championship Wrestling</p><p> Most Improved Promotion: Golden Canvas Grappling</p><p> </p><p> Promotional Growth: TCW & SWF (x2) rise to Global; GCG, NOTBPW & WLW rise to National; EWA, Hinote Dojo, UEW, VWA, FCW, MAW & RIPW rise to Regional; MPW & ACPW rise to Small</p><p> Promotional Shrinking: SWF fall to International; MAW fall to Small</p><p> Out of Business: MOSC, </p><p> </p><p> Wrestler of the Year: Steve DeColt</p><p> Young Wrestler of the Year: Nichiren Amagawa</p><p> Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Jeremy Stone (2nd win)</p><p> Female Wrestler of the Year: DEVIL Karube (2nd win)</p><p> </p><p> Match of the Year: Dan Stone Jr. bt Steve DeColt at NOTBPW Nirvana in November</p><p> Show of the Year: NOTBPW Championship Wrestling</p><p> </p><p> Other news: MAW & 4C sign a non-aggression pact</p><p> </p></div></blockquote>

Another really good show. Keep up the great work and congratulations to Zergon. It all came down to that pesky match of the night and you called it right. Congrats again. I look forward to the future of MPW.

Another really good show. Keep up the great work and congratulations to Zergon. It all came down to that pesky match of the night and you called it right. Congrats again. I look forward to the future of MPW.

Thanks for the kind words, it's always great to hear that people are enjoying what I am writing. I was as surprised at the Main Event grade as you were I think, I was expecting Lucha/Dillon to pull a C- or if I was lucky maybe scrape a C, but the two had chemistry and the C+ was a huge bonus. Thanks again for the kind words, and hopefully 2012 will be a big year for MPW!

MPW presents Road To Redemption

Mon 8th January 2012

MPW celebrates the companies second anniversary with a stellar Main Event at ‘Road To Redemption’, which sees the only two men to have held the MPW Championship since the companies inception square off for the belt, with current champion Mr Lucha III facing off against former champion Roderick Remus. Another match that catches the eye is Nigel Svensson facing off against Marshall Dillon. Marshall Dillon put in a great performance in last month’s Main Event, as he came close to taking the MPW Championship, and the giant Cowboy will be looking to keep that momentum going against Svensson. However the Swede has proved himself to be one of the toughest fighters in MPW, and his MMA background should help him ground his larger opponent. Ant Man has also promised that 2012 will be his year, and all eyes will be on Ant Man as he kicks off 2012 against the 6’6’ 290lb Running Wolf. All that and a promise of a huge announcement, only at MPW: Road To Redemption.

Prediction Key:

Cal Sanders vs Bradley Blaze

Roger Monteiro vs Mark Smart

Amazing Fire Fly vs Jamie Atherton

Running Wolf vs Ant Man

Jayson Van Pelt vs DeCipher

Donte Dunn vs Shame

Nigel Svensson vs Marshall Dillon

Mr Lucha III © vs Roderick Remus – MPW Championship

Running Wolf vs Ant Man

Donte Dunn vs Shame

Running Wolf vs Ant Man

Donte Dunn vs Shame

Sanders seems to be slighly higher on pecking order.

Monteiro seems to be enjoying a slight push at the moment and that should carry him above Smart.

Atherton is more established and seems to be doing more right now.

Running Wolf vs Ant Man

I would assume that there´s quite big overness difference here.

Tough one, Van Pelt is little bit lost at the moment with no storyline but not sure if DeCipher is over enough to warrant a win either. I take a risk and say DeCipher gets an upset win.

Donte Dunn vs Shame

Shame is more established.

Another tough one as Dillon just had a great match. I think that you want to have another Dillon vs. Lucha in near future so I go with Dillon staying strong.

Remus isn´t getting the title back.

Running Wolf vs Ant Man

Donte Dunn vs Shame

Running Wolf vs Ant Man

Donte Dunn vs Shame

Running Wolf vs Ant Man

Donte Dunn vs Shame

Really enjoying this dynasty, great stuff!

From the Ohio Jewish Center, with 300 people in attendance...

MPW presents Road To Redemtion

Announcers:

Remmington Remus and Jamie Atherton

Remmington Remus and Jamie Atherton welcome us to ‘Road To Redemption’, which will be a celebration of the first two years of MPW’s existence. On that theme; tonight’s Main Event will see the MPW Championship on the line, with MPW Champion Mr Lucha III facing the only other man to have held the belt to date, Roderick Remus. However, before that we have our opening match... which will see Cal Sanders facing off against one of the Texas Outlaws in Bradley Blaze.

Sanders starts this match strongly, using his technical ability to put Blaze on the back foot. However Blaze is a tough brawler, and the cowboy battles his way back into the match with some heavy hitting to leave Sanders reeling. However this tactic only proves successful briefly, as Sanders is able to avoid a wild right hand from Blaze. This opens the door for Sanders, who regains control and begins working on the lower back of Blaze. Sanders continues to work on Blaze, before hitting a Double Axe handle from the middle rope to pick up the victory.

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Cal Sanders defeated Bradley Blaze in 6:06 by pinfall.

Rating: D+

This match is contested at an incredible pace, with both men flying around the ring with seemingly no regard for their own safety. In the early stages, Atherton attempts to keep up with Fire Fly... which proves to be a mistake. While Atherton is a talented high flyer in his own right, Amazing Fire Fly has shown blinding speed ever since debuting in MPW. With Atherton struggling to match the pace of Fire Fly, the luchador takes control in the early stages of the match. The turning point in the match comes when Sienna DeVille hops up on to the ring apron while Amazing Fire Fly is perched on the top rope. The luchador signals for DeVille to get down from the apron. While DeVille doesn’t actually get involved in the match, she does distract Fire Fly for long enough to allow Atherton to recover.

Taking advantage of the distraction, Atherton shows his own high flying skills by hitting a Hurricanrana on Fire Fly from the top rope. Fire Fly is sent crashing to the mat, and although he is eventually able to regain his feet, he turns right into a Lightning Bolt (Super Kick) from Atherton. The Canadian makes the cover, and picks up what many would consider a big win.

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jamie Atherton defeated Amazing Fire Fly in 6:33 by pinfall with a Lightning Bolt.

Following his victory, Jamie Atherton grabs a microphone to address the crowd.

Atherton: “Two months ago, my match with Nigel Svensson was cut cruelly short by an incompetent referee. I was disqualified just when I had that match won... but it shouldn’t have been me who was disqualified, it should have been Svensson. But what’s gone is gone, it’s what happens next that is important. And I’ll tell you what is going to happen... Sienna and I shall have our revenge. This isn’t over Svensson, not by a long way. I want a rematch... and not only do I want a rematch, I want to be sure that our rematch won’t be ruined by incompetent officials. That’s why I want to face you in a no DQ match. Revenge will be mine Svensson, and it will taste so, so sweet.”

With that, Atherton drops the mic and returns to the commentary desk.

Mark Smart’s search for his first victory MPW continues here in his match against Roger Monteiro. Smart manages to get some offence in this match, but following his win last month Roger Monteiro looks motivated for this one. Monteiro continues his momentum here, as the Native American hits the Eagle Chop to pick up another victory.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Roger Monteiro defeated Mark Smart in 6:30 by pinfall with an Eagle Chop.

Rating: D

Running Wolf vs Ant Man

Both of these men come in to this match on the back of big wins last month. Running Wolf comes into this match with a big size advantage, towering over Ant Man at 6’6 and 290lb. However, on commentary Remus and Atherton debate which of these two men hold the power advantage in this one. The match starts with both men trading power moves, with Ant Man seemingly keen to show he could match his much larger opponent’s power. Ant Man certainly holds his own in these exchanges, with both men landing a series of high impact moves. The end of the match comes with a scarcely believable show of power from Ant Man, as he hoists the 290lb Running Wolf onto his shoulders to deliver the Antidote (F-5).

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Ant-Man defeated Running Wolf in 6:24 by pinfall with an Antidote.

Following his win, Ant Man takes the time to show off his muscles to the crowd by posing for them before he grabbed a microphone.

Ant Man: “Last month I told you 2012 would be my year, that it was my time... and after seeing my performance tonight, who the hell is going to disagree with me? I am the strongest and most driven man in MPW, and nobody will stand in my way to the very top. Certainly not Mr Lucha III. I’ve told you all along that these luchadors are cowards who have no stomach for a fight, and I promise you all that very soon you will see me proved right. I feel sorry for anybody who get’s in my way, because if I can dominate a 290lb man in the way I just have... imagine what I am going to do to the rest of the roster. I will be MPW Champion, and there is nothing anybody can do to stop me... because I’m the Ant Man, and I can lift anything!”

A really fun back and forth match here, which was contested at a great pace. The match started very open, with both men trading various moves including a number of Arm Drags and Dropkicks. However, Van Pelt slowly started to take control of the match, and a Step-Up Enzuigiri gave Van Pelt control. Van Pelt maintained control, causing DeCipher all sorts of problems... and it took an eye rake from DeCipher to buy the luchador some space. DeCipher immediately bailed to the outside to grab a chair. However as DeCipher re-entered the ring he was met by an Axe Kick to the chair, sending the steel crashing into him before he could even move. Van Pelt made the cover, and Jonathan Taylor counted the three for a big victory for the youngster.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Jayson Van Pelt defeated DeCipher in 6:43 by pinfall with an Axe Kick.

Rating: D-

Next up we join Remmington Remus & Jamie Atherton at the commentary desk, where the two men are hyping a special Main Event for ‘The World Or Nothing’ in a month’s time. In a month’s time the MPW Championship would be on the line in a special six-man elimination match! And on top of that a special MPW show would be being held in two weeks time right here in the Ohio Jewish Centre. At that show, appropriately titled ‘Golden Opportunity’, all five challengers would be decided by the winners of special qualifying matches! The MPW Championship would also be on the line at ‘Golden Opportunity’, so nobody was guaranteed a spot in the Main Event! Who would walk out of ‘The World Or Nothing’ as MPW Champion, and before that who would even earn a spot in the match itself?

Donte Dunn vs Shame

While Donte Dunn has impressed many observers with his energy and athleticism during his matches so far in MPW, to date the youngster has been unable to convert this talent and potential into victories. Dunn is keen to rectify this fact, and starts the match full of enthusiasm and energy. However energy and enthusiasm can only get you so far in pro-wrestling, what really gets you places is connections... and having connections like the 6’6 320lb Marshall Dillon certainly helps your cause. While Dillon didn’t actually touch Dunn, his presence certainly distracted the youngster. This opened up the opportunity for Shame to roll up the Barbadian and keep his shoulders down just long enough for the three count.

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Shame defeated Donte Dunn in 6:11 by pinfall. During the match we also had Marshall Dillon run in and attack Dunn.

Rating: E+

Roderick Remus makes his way to the ring next, looking surprisingly unhappy considering he has his MPW Championship title match in tonight’s Main Event...

Remus: “I really don’t understand this company; it’s almost as if the people making the decisions are deliberately holding themselves back. It took them months to make the correct decision and give me my title match, but no sooner do they make the right decision they mess it up by doing something stupid. They decide that as my first title defence, I’ll have to defend the title in a six-way match up? That’s not right. I understand that they may think they have to spice things up while Lucha is champion, as things got stale quickly... but after I win tonight, that will no longer be the case. So don’t get too attached to this six-way elimination idea, because I am about to put an end to it before it even begins...”

With that, Remus makes his way to the back. On commentary, Remmington Remus says his brother may be thinking too far ahead of himself.

Following his impressive showing in last month’s title match against Mr Lucha, many thought Dillon would be a tough opponent for MMA specialist Svensson. Dillon certainly had the size advantage, standing at 6’6 and weighing 320 pounds. This size advantage served Dillon well in the early exchanges, as the cowboy simply overpowered his opponent to seize the initiative. Svensson looked in real trouble, as Dillon’s hard hitting blows prevented the Swede from building any momentum at all. Despite being dominated for almost the entire match, Svensson’s MMA skills would eventually win out as the Swede was able to dodge an attempted right hand from Dillon, and immediately transition it into his feared Hyper Extension Arm Lock. Dillon fought furiously against the hold, but Svensson hung on doggedly. Dillon held on for as long as he could, but eventually the pain was too much and the cowboy had no choice but to tap out. Somehow, despite raising next to no offence, Svensson had found a way to walk out of this one with the victory.

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Nigel Svensson defeated Marshall Dillon in 8:18 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

© Mr Lucha III vs Roderick Remus

MPW Championship

This match represented a celebration of the first two years of MPW, as the only two men ever to have held the MPW Championship faced off once again to determine the champion. These two men had faced off many times over the past two years, and both had picked up victories. Remus initially looks to take the fight to Mr Lucha, but the luchador proves too quick for the challenger and the champion quickly takes control. Lucha hits a couple of nice Arm Drags and a Dropkick, before snapping off a Snap Suplex which leaves Remus reeling. Remus, realising he is in trouble, quickly resorts to cheap tactics in order to slow the pace of the match and stifle the champions momentum.

A rake to the eyes of Lucha turns the tides in Remus’ favour, and the challenger quickly follows up with a Running Knee right to the stomach of Lucha. Remus follows this up with an Abdominal Stretch, as he targets the torso of Lucha. However, Lucha begins to draw energy from the crowd, and the champion is able to shift Remus over into a Hip Toss to send the challenger to the mat. Lucha quickly bounces off the ropes to land a Running Crossbody, before hitting a Bulldog on a stunned Remus. The challenger is really on the ropes at this point, and resorts to throwing wild right hands. The champion is easily able to avoid these, and snaps off a Jumping Enzuigiri to send Remus crashing to the mat. With Remus set up, Lucha heads to the top rope and nails the Third Strike (Moonsault) to retain his title.

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Mr. Lucha III defeated Roderick Remus in 9:30 by pinfall with a Third Strike. Mr. Lucha III makes defence number 9 of his MPW Championship title.

Rating: C+

Show Rating: C-

There was a feeling some of the angles used did not reach the standards set by the in-ring action. This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

Predictions

Emark 8-0

Boltinho 7-1

Hyde Hill 6-2

Zergon 6-2

Condors 6-2

Jaded 6-2

Prediction Contest (After 1 Show)

Emark 8-0

Boltinho 7-1

Hyde Hill 6-2

Zergon 6-2

Condors 6-2

Jaded 6-2

Thank you to everyone who predicted this month, and to everyone who takes the time to read the show. Welcome to Hyde Hill, who predicted for the first time. I hope to see you all back next month. :) As always I’d be interested to hear any feedback anyone has on the show, whether it be on my writing style, layout or any other comments you may have. I hope to see everyone back next show :)

-------------------------------------

Really enjoying this dynasty, great stuff!

Thank you for the kind words. It's always nice to know people are reading and enjoying the show, and it's not just me :p

MPW: Golden Opportunity

Week 4 January 2012

For the first time ever, MPW takes over the Ohio Jewish Centre for the second time in month! This historic show represents a ‘Golden Opportunity’ for the twelve men involved, as they battle out for a spot in the six man elimination title match taking place in the Main Event at ‘The World Or Nothing’ in just two weeks.

For Marshall Dillon this show really is a ‘Golden Opportunity’, as the giant Cowboy receives another title shot having come so close to taking the gold only two months ago. Can the Cowboy go one step further, and walk into ‘The World Or Nothing’ as MPW Champion? And if he can, can any of his Texas Outlaw stable mates join him in the Main Event? Their company would surely prove a huge advantage in what promises to be a hellacious contest. Find out the answers to these questions, and many more, only at MPW presents ‘Golden Opportunity’!

Prediction List:

Nigel Svensson vs Bradley Blaze

Jayson Van Pelt vs Ant Man

Cal Sanders vs Shame

Donte Dunn vs Roderick Remus

Mr Lucha III © vs Marshall Dillon – MPW Championship

Fire Fly has too many enemies to win here.

Blaze joins his fellow Outlaw in the You Tapped Out Club.

He's still got a beef with the champion.

Cal Sanders vs Shame

Could go either way, but this'll give an even face/heel split.

Dunn taps out with energy and enthusiasm. :p

A change here would be out of left field. Not seeing it.

Atherton is doing more at the moment.

Bigger name and likely way more over.

Van Pelt is good but Ant Man is still above him in pecking order.

Cal Sanders vs Shame

Close call but I rate Sanders higher.

Not much of a contest here, Dunn is still learning by jobbing.

I could see Dillon winning as I think that either him or Ant Man is going to be the next champ. Still I go with Lucha until Dillon gets a big win or two.

From the Ohio Jewish Center, with 300 people in attendance...

MPW presents Doomsday

Announcers:

Remmington Remus and Jamie Atherton

We are welcomed to the show by Remmington Remus and Jamie Atherton at the announce desk.

Remus: “Hello, and welcome to MPW: Golden Opportunity! This is a historic night in MPW history, as we come to you in front of a sold out Ohio Jewish Centre for the SECOND time this month! And for the twelve wrestlers involved, this historic night promises to be exactly what it is billed... a ‘Golden Opportunity’!”

Atherton: “That’s right, only the best wrestlers in MPW will be involved in tonight’s qualifying matches... and we’re going to start with the best of the best! That’s right; yours truly is opening up the show tonight. Give me two secs Remmy, and I’ll be back having booked my spot in the Main Event at ‘The World Or Nothing’!”

With that, Atherton removes his headset and makes his way to the ring.

Remus: “My broadcast colleague may be a little over zealous in his predictions, but he is right about one thing... Only the very best wrestlers are involved tonight, as they battle to earn a spot in next month’s six man elimination match for the MPW Championship! All that starts with this match, as Jamie Atherton faces off against Amazing Fire Fly...”

This one is a rematch from last month, where interference from Jamie Atherton’s manager, Sienna DeVille, allowed ‘White Lightning’ to pick up the victory. This seems to play on Fire Fly’s mind, as he keeps a close eye on DeVille throughout the match. Keeping one eye on DeVille means that Fire Fly doesn’t have his full attention on his opponent... which proves to be a mistake, as Atherton takes advantage of his opponents distraction and takes control of the early goings.

After taking a few minutes of punishment, Fire Fly does manage to reassert himself into the match. Using his breathtaking speed, Fire Fly is able to take Atherton off his feet and shake his opponent with some high octane offence. The luchador flies all around the ring, using a variety of moves to keep his opponent off his feet... Atherton just can’t seem to keep up. However Fire Fly would go for one move too many, as he attempted a Sky High Fire Fly from the top rope... but he ate nothing but canvas. A stunned Fire Fly struggled back to his feet, but was immediately met by a Lightning Bolt from Atherton. ‘White Lightning’ made the cover, and books his spot in the Main Event at ‘The World Or Nothing’.

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jamie Atherton defeated Amazing Fire Fly in 7:38 by pinfall with a Lightning Bolt.

Following his match, Atherton returns to the commentary desk and immediately announces that following that performance he has immediately been inserted as the favourite to win the MPW Championship next month at ‘The World Or Nothing’. As Nigel Svensson appears from behind the curtain for the next match, Remmington Remus notes that it was only a couple of months ago that Svensson beat Atherton at ‘Death Toll’. If Svensson was in the match at ‘The World Or Nothing’, surely the Swede would have as good a chance as anyone at taking the gold? Atherton retorts that he only lost the match due to a bad call from the referee. He could beat Svensson anytime, anywhere. Atherton goes on to call Svensson out for the second time in as many months.

Rating: C-

While Atherton and Remus were arguing at the announcers desk, Nigel Svensson was very efficiently getting the job done in the ring against Bradley Blaze. Try as he might, the cowboy just couldn’t raise any sustained offence against the Swede, and it was no surprise when Blaze was forced to tap out by Svensson in less than six minutes. On commentary Atherton dismisses the victory, stating that to win the title at ‘The World Or Nothing’ Svensson would have to make Jamie Atherton tap out... which is something that is never going to happen.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Nigel Svensson defeated Bradley Blaze in 5:33 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

Jayson Van Pelt surprised many observers here, by giving Ant Man a real run for his money. Van Pelt used a hit and run tactic for much of the match, as he looked to keep some distance between himself and his much more powerful opponent. While this tactic was successful for a while, around the five minute mark Ant Man was finally able to get hold of Van Pelt. A single Body Slam from Ant Man turned the momentum of the match, and put Ant Man in control. Van Pelt fought on for a few more minutes, but when Ant Man was able to hit the Antidote, the three count that followed was a formality.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Ant-Man defeated Jayson Van Pelt in 7:54 by pinfall with an Antidote.

Following his victory, Ant Man grabs a microphone to address the crowd.

Ant Man: “I have told all of you that 2012 is going to be the year that I rise to the top of this company, and next ‘The World Or Nothing’ is where my journey to the top will come to fruition. Nobody else in MPW has the tools to be successful in the six man elimination Main Event. Nobody else is ready to defeat five other men all at once. I on the other hand am the best wrestler in MPW... and I’m the best wrestler in MPW because I can beat anybody that is put in front of me. And if two men are put in front of me, I’ll beat both of them as well. So next month when I have five other men put in front of me, I’ll simply put them all on my shoulders and give them an Antidote for their mediocrity... and in doing so I will become the new MPW Champion! And I can do that because I’m the Ant Man, and I can lift anything!”

Cal Sanders vs Shame

Having already seen his Texas Outlaws stable mate come up short earlier in the night, Shame looked hugely motivated for this one. The Outlaw started this match strongly, as Sanders attempts at building offence were continually cut short by Shame’s willingness to bend the rules. However this tactic could only work for so long, as Sanders superior technical skills eventually shone through and put the Canadian in charge. Once Sanders had a foothold in this match, Shame struggled to regain his momentum. Sanders continued to wear down his opponent, until he created the opening to land a Double Axe Handle from the middle rope to pick up the win.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Cal Sanders defeated Shame in 8:12 by pinfall.

Before his match, Roderick Remus has a few words to share with the fans.

Remus: “Next month sees one of the most exciting matches in MPW history, as six of the best wrestlers in MPW face off to determine who will become MPW Champion! It’s a breath of fresh air, it’s exciting... and it wouldn’t be right if the first ever MPW Champion wasn’t involved. So not only will I win my ‘qualifier’ tonight, but I will go on to win next month at ‘The World Or Nothing’ to become the first ever two time MPW Champion!”

On commentary, Remmington Remus asks Atherton if he remembers last month when his brother promised to get the six man match at ‘The World Or Nothing’ cancelled. Atherton says he doesn’t remember that happening, and suggests Remmington goes to lie down. An exasperated Remmington Remus decides to drop the sunject, and focus on calling the next match...

Roderick Remus was all business in this match, with the former MPW Champion seemingly intent on securing his place in the Main Event in two weeks at ‘The World Or Nothing’. Donte Dunn just couldn’t work his way into the match, but it wasn’t for a lack of trying. The youngster showed great energy and determination, as he took the fight to his more experienced opponent throughout the match. However Remus’ experience and know how would prove more valuable than the youthful enthusiasm of Dunn, as the former MPW Champion was able to lock in the Remus Clutch and book his spot in the title match next month.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Roderick Remus defeated Donte Dunn in 8:26 by submission with a Remus Clutch.

© Mr Lucha III vs Marshall Dillon

MPW Championship

Having seen both of his stable mates lose their qualifying matches, Dillon knew going into this one that he was the Texas Outlaws last hope of being represented in the six man elimination title match next month. Dillon comes into this match with a huge size and power advantage over his smaller, quicker opponent, and makes good use of his impressive size and strength in the early stages of this match as he simply throws his opponent around the ring.

Things look bad for the champion, until Lucha shows his incredible agility by landing on his feet following an attempted Suplex from Marshall Dillon. The champion then lands a series of kicks to the calves of Dillon, before snapping off a Dropkick to stagger the challenger. Lucha hits another Dropkick, but still can’t knock his opponent from his feet... so the champion bounces off the ropes to hit a chop block to finally take the big man down. Seeing his opportunity Lucha hits a Running Senton and makes the cover, but can only get a two count before being thrown off by Dillon.

Lucha looks to continue his attack, but as he bounces off the ropes he runs straight into a Big Boot from Dillon. Dillon makes the cover, but the champion manages to kick out just before the three count. This puts Dillon in control of the match once again, as he lands a series of powerful throws to leave the champion reeling. Dillon is in complete control as he sets Mr Lucha III up for a Powerbomb attempt, but the champion is able to shift his weight and sensationally reverse the move into a Spinning Hurricanrana. Marshall Dillon is sent sprawling head first into the corner turnbuckle by the move, which Lucha immediately follows up with an impressive Dropkick to send Dillon crashing to the mat. Lucha is quickly to the top rope, and is able to hit his Third Strike finisher. The champion makes the cover, and referee Jonathan Taylor makes the three count to give Mr Lucha III a hard fought victory.

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Mr. Lucha III defeated Marshall Dillon in 10:05 by pinfall with a Third Strike. Mr. Lucha III makes defence number 10 of his MPW Championship title.

Rating: C+

Following the match Jonathan Taylor makes to raise Mr Lucha III’s arm in victory, but is cut off by Ant Man... Who appears from the crowd to attack the champion from behind. Ant Man lays into the exhausted champion with rights and lefts, until Nigel Svensson appears from the back to help Lucha. However, Jamie Atherton is immediately up from the commentary desk to cut Svensson off and the two brawl outside the ring. Next up Cal Sanders comes from the back to assist the champion, but Roderick Remus is out to attack Sanders from behind. All six men brawl, as chaos consumes the Ohio Jewish Centre.

At the announce desk, as ‘Golden Opportunity’ comes to a chaotic conclusion, Remmington Remus comments that while Mr Lucha may have pulled it out of the bag tonight, if the chaos filling the Ohio Jewish Centre is indicative of next month’s Main Event... Mr Lucha’s MPW Championship may be under its biggest threat since the luchador won the title over twelve months ago. Be sure not to miss ‘The World Or Nothing’ in two weeks time!

Final Rating: C

There was a feeling some of the angles used did not reach the standards set by the in-ring action. This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

Predictions

masterofnone 6-0

Hyde Hill 6-0

Condors 6-0

Zergon 6-0

Emark 5-1

Jaded 4-2

Prediction Contest (After 2 Shows)

Emark 13-1

Hyde Hill 12-2

Zergon 12-2

Condors 12-2

Jaded 10-4

Boltinho 7-1

masterofnone 6-0

Thank you to everyone who predicted this month, and to everyone who takes the time to read the show. Seemingly an easy show to predict this month; with four of you picking all six correctly. Hopefully the show will be worthwhile, and we get a good Main Event at ‘The World Or Nothing’. As always I’d be interested to hear any feedback anyone has on the show, whether it be on my writing style, layout or any other comments you may have. I hope to see everyone back next show :)

Archived