Super Heavyweight not recognised?

I know this got discussed before: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510042&highlight=super , but without really getting to the bottom of it. My division still hasn't been recognised and i'm in year 12. I'm using Dawn of MMA mod. I've got it set to 266-600, it has a title, it has rankings (using the name Super Heavyweight) but still gets called 266-600 on my cards. A small thing, aesthetic really, but would be nice to work out what I need to do!

Cheers.

There's not really anything to "get to the bottom of." The answer is simply that as far as match history and match-making screens, it's called 266-600. There's no way to have it be called Super Heavyweight unless Adam patches it.

EDIT:

Also, as far as the HoF, the requirements to get in are very high. The fighter in question must (keep in mind this is my experience, I have no idea if this is 100% accurate) have 90% reputation, have headlined a PPV, held a title and been in the top 5 P4P rankings (including both males and females. I've had the number 1 woman not get in until the men's top 5 started to get a little lower in rep). I'm coming on the end of my 8th year and only two people have made it in.

On the second Thursday of each month, the game looks for HoF candidates and any new candidate discovered will have a "SportsFan" article done on them on the home page. This means they'll be in the HoF when they retire.

• 6 months later...
Sorry to dredge this up again but Adam, is there any chance of getting this fixed yet? It looks really ugly having 266-600 on cards. Super Heavyweight doesn't ever come to be a recognised weight class in the game, however you try and manipulate it to do so....

I actually really agree with this, the 266-600 bugs me. I play the crap out of this game so I think I just grew to ignore it but this reminds me about it.

Those arn't official weight classes under the unified rules of mixed martial arts, so I wouldn't count on that happening.

Super Heavyweight IS, of course, and I can't understand why people want to get it fixed. It's not particularly a priority, in my mind.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rebby" data-cite="Rebby" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33227" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Super Heavyweight IS, of course, and I can't understand why people want to get it fixed. It's not particularly a priority, in my mind.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Straw and Atom have become women's weight classes, so I can see those being added in 4, but I'm with you on Cruiser. I sometimes like to add a Cruiserweight division, but I don't do it because I don't like not having the names show up.</p><p> </p><p> I'd really like it if the game just recognized whatever weight classes you made, so if you're playing as King of the Cage and your 136-145 division is called Bantamweight would show up as Bantamweight instead of Featherweight.</p>

Archived