Questions re box scores, draft files, pbp, RPI

I started a test league for which I intended to save box scores and output the draft files.

At the end of the season, I don't see any box scores saved. Also, there are no pbp files saved either.

Where are the box scores saved?

Are pbp files erased at the end of the season? In my 'official' league it's midseason, and I see a large number of pbp text files saved. But in my test league, at the end of the season, there are none.

The pbp files I looked at appear to have no game dates. Is there a way to a] generate pbp files only for your own games and b] have them include the date of the game?

In my test league I see a draft file saved, but it's in a format other than txt. What do you use to open it? I don't have Microsoft Office

Regarding RPI, what is its in-game purpose? Does it help convince better recruits to come to your school?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I'll take a shot at this...

"Where are the box scores saved?"

- Boxscores aren't saved outside the game. You can view them within the game and print them if you like.

"Are pbp files erased at the end of the season? In my 'official' league it's midseason, and I see a large number of pbp text files saved. But in my test league, at the end of the season, there are none."

- I'll have to check this when I get home, but I think they are deleted when you roll over into a new season.

"The pbp files I looked at appear to have no game dates. Is there a way to a] generate pbp files only for your own games and b] have them include the date of the game?"

- Brian would have to address this one.

"In my test league I see a draft file saved, but it's in a format other than txt. What do you use to open it? I don't have Microsoft Office."

- The file is in a format that you can use to import into the pro version of Fast Break Basketball. I don't believe you can even open it with MS Office or equivalent.

Regarding RPI, what is its in-game purpose? Does it help convince better recruits to come to your school?

- I suppose it's the same purpose as RPI in real college basketball. It's purpose/importance varies depending upon who you talk to. Within the game I would guess it's used partially to determine who plays in the post season.

Thanks for the reply.

After some searching and clicking I found where to access the box scores. But they appear to have no date, which limits their usefulness for someone who wants to print them out and use them to help write a dynasty thread.

Are box scores erased at the end of the season?

I'm the sort of college basketball fan who just watches games. I've never paid attention to RPI--in fact, I didn't even know what it is until I looked it up. I wonder what purpose it serves here.

I read somewhere on this forum that a pro version of FBB will eventually be developed. Is that what you're referring to, or was there an earlier pro version?

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this game. It loads quickly, and has a great deal of depth. Playing out the games can be very tense and exciting. :)

Archived