Level of Fame

So I am creating my own Marvel mod and so far I have NYC Present, NYC 1941, NYC 2030, Wakanda, the Astral Plane, Latveria, Genosha, Asgard, Savage Land, Hell and Atlantis. Any suggestions for locales would be appreciated.

But my question is in regards to the level of the heroes, should we do it based on their prominence in the universe or their strength? For instance, Spidey would be iconic based on how important he is to the Marvel Universe, but there is no way Peter Parker could ever defeat Thanos or Galactus on his own. So basically I'm confused as to how I should do that and also where I would find guidelines of strength for meta humans, cosmic entities, etc.

Thanks.

There are two ways to balance characters: by stats or by level.

By rolling more dice, a hero/villain is more likely to achieve their maximum result. However, this can be balanced by keeping their numbers lowered.

So if Spidey only has a 700 for Strength at level 10 while Galactus has 1000 at level 8, Galactus still has really good odds of laying the smack down because although he's losing 2 dice, he's gaining 300 pts for his range.

On that note, I view Level as "overall power level" NOT popularity. So Spidey would not be a Level 10 Iconic hero even though he is one of the most popular characters in the marvel universe.

I would probably balance him out to around 6-7. He's strong and able, but he's not exactly top tier. Close, but not quite. Honestly I can't really think of many Level 10 heroes in the marvel-verse. The various Avengers I think cover a good spread of 7-9 but I can't think of THE guy like in DC having Superman.

but it's really your mod so if you want Spiderman as a Level 10, go for it. Just give him lower stats or give Galactus some powerful abilities and it should help counteract the level difference.

Thanks PP, that really helps. It would make more sense to have Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine team up to take down someone like Onslaught as opposed to having them be on the same level. I'll look at fame as power as well.

Any places where I can find what the generally accepted stats for strength for peak humans, meta-humans, cosmic guys, etc?

Any places where I can find what the generally accepted stats for strength for peak humans, meta-humans, cosmic guys, etc?

I agree with PP (great post, by the way!). In response to this question, there was some mention of it in the Developer's Diary thread when the game was awaiting release. Should be near the beginning of the CBH Discussion sub-forum. Alternatively, looking at the default database should give you a good idea. :)

Archived