DOTT: Central States Wrestling

The year is 1983. Pro wrestling is at it's glory years of kayfabe, where everyone is enthralled by this brutal and competitive 'sport', and each region had its own beloved promotions. Enter Matt Lang, Kansas City, Missouri native and pro wrestling enthusiast. When he read in the local newspaper that Bob Geigel, owner of his beloved Central States Pro Wrestling promotion, was offering a position on the booking team to someone who could prove they knew the business, he jumped on his opportunity. An interview later he was instated as booker of CSTATE, his favorite promotion. He was determined to gain his beloved promotion the national exposure that he felt it deserved.

Wow! Surprising (and excellent) choice for a diary. I'll be pulling for you to gain enough stature to create your own darned World Title. Let Crockett have his Nature Boy, Handsome Harley is da' Man! :) A lot of old timers, the future Fantastics, the Moondogs... and two of the greatest professional wrestlers ever (imo); Race and Terry Freaking Funk. Good Luck!

[B]CSTATE:Wrestling at the Chase![/B] [B]Preshow: Marty Jannety v. Porkchop Cash[/B] The future Rocker comes to the ring as a relative unknown against the established Porkchop, who beats him around the ring for about 7 minutes before graciously ending it with a piledriver. [B]Winner at 6:37 Porkchop Cash Rating C-[/B] [B]Preshow: Buzz Tyler v. Tommy Rogers[/B] Another squash to give the young Tommy Rogers some exsposure. Tyler ends it with a viscious bodyslam at the 6 minute mark. [B]Winner at 5:56 Buzz Tyler Rating: C[/B] The main show begins with the all-to-familiar Arabian music as Shiek Abdullah the Great makes his way to the ring, to a chorus of boos from the fans. [B]Abdullah:[/B] "Well, typical greeting for greatness from you jealous middle-class American pigs...you all shall kneel in the presence of greatness. However, I have more important business to attend to, as today we will witness the debut of my new client, Baby Bull! Now, you non-traveled pigs may not know who he is, but trust me he WILL make and impact. And as an added bonus, you fans will get to watch greatness in action as myself, and the "Nature Boy" himself will be in action tonight against the Oates brothers. Abdullah exits the ring as a massive man, wearing a mask that does not yet have meaning walkks to the ring. [B]Rating: C+[/B] [B]Baby Bull v. Karl Krupp[/B] Baby Bull is a menacing young presence in the ring, standing about 6'4 and weighing in at almost 375 pounds, the veteran Karl Krupp will have his work cut out for him. Krupp attempts to mount an offence by cheating but it is to no avail as the presence of Abdullah at ringside quells all of his plans. The match ends in an impressive display of agility for a big man, when the Baby Bull performs a moonsault, leaving the crowd in awe. [B]Winner at 7:22 Baby Bull Rating C+[/B] The announcers briefly discuss the history of Abdullah's stable High Society, and that they will defend their titles next. [B]The Oates v. High Society[/B] In a shocker, the Oates pick up the right to battle for the tag titles in an excellent bout against Abdullah and Roger Kirby, when Ted hits a Missile Dropkick on Kirby, and Jerry locked in a Toehold on Abdullah, causing him to tap. [B]Winners at 13:31: The Oates Rating: B-[/B] Terry Funk comes to the ring, as the crowd give him a standing ovation. [B]Funk:[/B] Super Destroyer, you generic bastard...you can't wrestle with me...I'm a second generation star...get your masked ass out here and face me tonight... [B]Rating: A[/B] [B]Karl Kox v. Ox Baker[/B] It what can only be considered a "special attraction" Ox Baker defeated Karl Kox in a violent, bloody match, which spilled all around the ring. The two men didn't click well, but were still able to put on a decent match based on sheer overness. [B]Winner at 8:08 Ox Baker Rating:C+[/B] [B]Terry Funk v. Super Destroyer[/B] This match served the sole purpose of getting the Destroyer out of the main event scene. Funk and Destroyer wrestle two very different styles, so this match seemed a bit awkward, but Terry's sheer wrestling skill saved it. The match ended after a DDT by Funk at about the 13 minute mark. [B]Winner and NEW Central States Heavyweight Champion: Terry Funk Rating: B-[/B] Overall Rating:C Well, can be expected, as I just used this to make my champions as I wanted them and no storylines were running, that will change soon. ALso, I am ecstatic to have the 24 year old Vader in my promotion. Any comments or criticism would be appreciated.

With a promotion as small as yours I would cheap your costs as low as possible (only use cheap workers) and avoid going to Sports Entertainment as long as you can. Cutting edge is a nice style for a young up & coming federation in my experience. And stay away from the big names until the money is right. Good luck and looking forward to the dynasty!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived