E-Verse Announcement, Hype and eventual Release thread

First post will be just an announcement. I've been working on a mod that after some deliberation, i've dubbed the E-Verse. I want it to mirror the default data in many ways but stand on its own even more. It will have the exact same number of promotions as the C-Verse, sans yet to appear promotions that is. It will feature new workers. Some modifications to worker relationships and starting status. It will even have a subtle yet probably difficult to spot challenge built in. Hint?:Read the promotion profiles to spot the challenge.

I'm currently working on adding in promotions and setting up rosters now. Some things are out of my skill range however, that being said i'm going to ask something from the community. If their is anyone who is interested doing logos ( 36 promotion and/or event logos ) please let me know either via post or pm. Also if anyone would be willing to do any titles ( i would love one for every belt but i understand that would be a huge undertaking. I'd be happy with a few specific ones and a few more generic options. ) please let me know either via post or pm.

Just a quick update:

All promotion data and promotion relationships are done. I did decide to add 1 yet to debut promotion. So that's a grand total of 37 new promotions. To the database.

One new worker has been entered into the database.

Next is rosters, I've gotten a good start on promotion rosters.

As far as the help i asked for goes I've had someone step up and offer to do logos, which is a huge help.

You're welcome to use any of the generic belts in my thread here: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1604406&postcount=1

Or, of course, any others not for specific mods if the initials line up right ;)

EDIT: And you are also welcome to use any of my pics from this thread here: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511998 for new workers if needs be ;)

• 1 month later...
its been a rough couple of weeks but here is another update to keep anyone and everyone updated. 13 promotions have entirely completed rosters. i've ran a couple of test games and had to retweak some things along the way. i think i've caught most of the problems but after i finish rosters i'll run everything again. Until next time...

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the offers of pics to add in i haven't had time to look through them yet but i'll give that a go tonight.

Been too long with out an update so here goes thanks to a huge helping hand i've got logos for all starting ppv's and tv show, not all promotions have them. The ones that do however have been entered into the database and look pretty solid.

I've finished off two more promotions entirely, meaning they have full rosters. I'm about a good two thirds of the way done with the remaining promotions rosters. Started a new job around a month ago, and the hours of a head chef don't leave much room for free time.

I am still working on the mod and am determined to finish it off and release it. Does anyone know if its possible to set-up inheriting a promotion? If so how do you do it?

Until next time...

• 2 weeks later...

Where I'm at now:

• All promotions are entered with logo and profile
  • All rosters are complete
  • Starting T.V. Shows are done
  • Starting PPV's are done
  • All tag teams have been entered
  • Promotion relationships are entered
  • One new worker (So Far)

I'm working on promotion titles now, i'll be giving a "Hype" update with my next post until next time...

Breaking News!!!

" Elizabeth Eisen; the youngest child and only daughter of Richard Eisen; entered the wrestling world one week ago, just one day after her 18th birthday. She has shown an incredible mind for the business thus leading her father to appointing her as the head booker, and future heir, of MMWF. This has caused a bit of family turmoil and bad blood between Eric & Jerry and their father Richard. Eric of course is one of the top stars of MMWF while Jerry has been busy running the developmental promotion Rocky Mountain Wrestling Federation. Reportedly Jerry has ceased all communication with his father. What does the future hold for the most powerful family in professional wrestling? Tune in next time readers; as soon as this reporter knows something; You'll know something."

Exclusive News Update!!!

After months of sequestering himself from the public, Jerry Eisen, emerged from obscurity and delivered a press conference: that can only be described as the biggest coupe in the history of pro wrestling. Here is a quote straight from the horses mouth so to speak:

I've been locked away with my team of lawyers, that's right dad, MY team of lawyers. Not only did you deal a great injustice to me and Eric but, you broke the contract. We've gone over it numerous times and spoken to a judge and its official. Due to your breach, what was YOUR developmental promotion is now MINE. In addition to that all talent that was here both in development and some of the trainers that you sent down here, well they still work for the Eisen family, but its not you dad.
So it would seem that when Richard Eisen publicly announced that his daughter would be the heir to the MMWF empire, and Eisen family legacy, he breached a contract between him and Jerry. Here is another quote from Jerry Eisen's press conference:

Rocky Mountain Wrestling Federation is no longer a 'child' promotion. We are an honest to god contender. We will be branching out and looking to expand. New talent, more venues and more competition for you (dad).
This has got to be the biggest coupe in the world of pro wrestling since Richard Eisen himself bought out the majority of the prominent promotions in the Territorial Wrestling Alliance.

Speaking of the TWA, TWA front runner HCW is rumored to be looking to use this recent turn of events to help the ongoing war efforts for the number 1 spot in the us.

Richard Eisen was reached and only had one brief message he wished to share:

You want to escalate things Jerry, FINE! I'll run you out of business like i have so many other promotions. You forget one thing though: MY name is still on Eric's contract!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm done adding new workers and making final tweaks. It holds up good and nothing seems to be too off the wall. I am running a final spell check on some things and have run into 1 small problem. I don't know where to post it I used to use mega upload but now that site doesn't exist anymore. Any suggestions from the community?

I'm done adding new workers and making final tweaks. It holds up good and nothing seems to be too off the wall. I am running a final spell check on some things and have run into 1 small problem. I don't know where to post it I used to use mega upload but now that site doesn't exist anymore. Any suggestions from the community?

http://www.sendspace.com is a pretty good short term solution

• 4 weeks later...
anyone playing this and didn't catch it or anyone not playing and curious as to the aforementioned "in game challenge", ok so its not as obvious as i thought, but if you read the company profile for BPPW the challenge is in the quote from the owner, " i did it all with american talent". The challenge is to play as that promotion and only hire workers who are born american, not just active in america. meant to post this sooner but time sort of zips past when you're bogged down at work. Thanks again for all the logos chizzle, if you haven't already feel free to post them in your thread, amazing work.

Archived