question for daz artists?

fusionfreak

I installed Daz 4 and I can't get the program to show my content. I've even reboted the pc and started over so I wouldn't have problems from any previous versions. I've followed the instructions on how to install content into the "my library" folder. I've put my content in there and the program shows the folders under the "content library" tab but no files that are in the folders show so I have nothing to click on to load. I also installed V4 in the "my library" folder and nothing at all for V4.

Any ideas??? The folks at Daz just keep sending me the instruction page on how to install content but I've followed the instructions to a tee.

Thanks.

I don't know how you have your tabs set up, but if its like mine, have you tried looking under the poser formats section in the content library tab?

Thanks for the imput. Yes, but nothing is there. The only content I can pull up anywhere is the original stuff that comes with Daz 4.

I've installed V4 base. Just to see if I could get something to show, I put in my folder that has 3 different types of shoes for V4. The folders show up but there is nothing shown in the folders. No obj. files or texture files or anything. The program acts as if the folders are empty and there not.

Thanks.

if you open daz 4 right click on your content library tab and select the import mapped directories option about midway down and there should be a checklist of directories you can select from including Daz format, poser format, and other. make sure all of those are checked

If you are selecting Daz Studio 4 as the target application and having it install directly into the content library I don't think it will work as V4 needs to be in a runtime folder to work.

It goes through a set of folders like this in Daz 3.

C:\Users\Name\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\Runtime

What does it show when you run the installer? Is it something like that or something different?

If it shows that let it install and then check your DAZ 3D folder in your documents for a Studio3 folder and the rest should be there. If it is than V4 should show up under the poser formats tab in the content library

if you open daz 4 right click on your content library tab and select the import mapped directories option about midway down and there should be a checklist of directories you can select from including Daz format, poser format, and other. make sure all of those are checke

There are no options to be checked under "import mapped directories".

Thanks for the help. Maybe we're on to something.

Ok what about the second thing i mentioned for the installer?

How exactly are yo installing it? Are you letting it select where it installs or are you specifying a path for it?

I installed V4 in the runtime folder in my library. That didn't work so I tried just the my library folder.

How do I get options for the "imported mapped directories"?

Ok so I just tried installing V4 straight into daz 4 and it worked fine for me so the only thing I can figure is that it isn't getting installed in the right place.

This should be the exact location selected to install V4 and any other pre-genesis product, except for the "Name" part which should be your user-name of course.

C:\Users\"Name"\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

If you've installed it in that exact spot it should show up in the Poser formats section of the content library just like this

Poser Formats/My Library/Figures/Daz People

If you've done all that and it's still not showing up then I'm stumped as otherwise it should be working fine. The only other thing I can suggest if that doesn't or hasn't worked is to get on the daz forums and start asking questions there as I feel certain they can help you. Sorry I couldn't be any more help.:(

Ok so I just tried installing V4 straight into daz 4 and it worked fine for me so the only thing I can figure is that it isn't getting installed in the right place.

This should be the exact location selected to install V4 and any other pre-genesis product, except for the "Name" part which should be your user-name of course.

C:\Users\"Name"\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

If you've installed it in that exact spot it should show up in the Poser formats section of the content library just like this

Poser Formats/My Library/Figures/Daz People

If you've done all that and it's still not showing up then I'm stumped as otherwise it should be working fine. The only other thing I can suggest if that doesn't or hasn't worked is to get on the daz forums and start asking questions there as I feel certain they can help you. Sorry I couldn't be any more help.:(

Thanks for the help but I still can't seem to figure it out. I'm totally stumped on it. Thanks Bull.

For the record:

http://www.daz3d.com/i/products/genesis/michael?home_j_btn=michael

M5 has just been released. Looking forward to a lot of new WMMA/TEW renders. :D I'm still sticking with V4 as I don't have the time and money to spend on this anymore.

I also did the default DS4 install and ended up with the content folder in my documents, exactly like Bull's. Put it all in the runtime folder and they should be in. Some things you'll have to install though. That will happen automatically as soon as you boot the program.

Archived