DOTM: April 2012 Nominations

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Countdown, can you change it so I can substitute RW Verse and CVerse again (and vice versa)?

I'm not sure it's a good idea to revert back to the old rule in the middle of the nomination period. It's definitely something I'll consider for next month though, assuming angel doesn't change his mind and decide he wants to continue running things after all.

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken for the layout here and to Boltinho for the new categories.

2. You have 8 votes to nominate , 1 for each category.

3. You cannot swap out any of your votes for a different category, i.e. voting 2 cornellverse diaries, instead of a real world.

4. You may not nominate yourself.

5. All nominations must include a reason.

6. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

7. Rookie DOTM: any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (non-diary threads are no longer eligible)

8. New Categories (4-8): Must have at least one show in the current month.

9. For Best Match, Best Gimmick Match, Best Angle please include a direct link to the specific post which has your nomination.

10. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette and NoNeck.

11. You CAN nominate the winner from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (The Black Listed (GUEST BOOKER: HANSHIRO FURUSAWA) by Jack Hood)

12. You can NOT nominate 21st Century Boys (English c-verse) by Boltinho to Cornellverse DOTM.

13. You can NOT nominate WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T) by Oldschool to Real World DOTM.

14. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

15. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

Real World DOTM Nominees:

Cornellverse DOTM Nominees:

Rookie DOTM Nominees:

Best Match Of The Month Nominees:

Best Storyline Of The Month Nominees:

Most Interesting Character Of The Month Nominees:

Best Angle Of The Month Nominees:

Nominations will be open until May 1st 2012 (12 pm Pacific Time)

I'm not sure it's a good idea to revert back to the old rule in the middle of the nomination period. It's definitely something I'll consider for next month though, assuming angel doesn't change his mind and decide he wants to continue running things after all.

Of course. That's fair.

Before I do, though, I have a question. Would anyone object to me combining the Match and Gimmick Match categories into one? Having both of those categories seems superfluous to me.

It was supposed to reward all those fun match types that appear sometimes (exploding mushroom matches, cuddly monkey matches etc) rather than well-written matches but fair enough. Combine away!

It was supposed to reward all those fun match types that appear sometimes (exploding mushroom matches, cuddly monkey matches etc) rather than well-written matches but fair enough. Combine away!

Oooh cuddly monkey matches ... Stealing that! :p

Archived