New York City Wrestling: The Larry Vessey Chronicles

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss279/serotonin187/kony.png

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss279/serotonin187/LarryVessey.jpg

At last month’s NYCW Gang Wars, Derek “The Stomper” Bradford announced that he would be retire from professional wrestling and with it relinquishing control of NYCW to Larry Vessey. Following the announced that the NYCW event for August would be NYCW King Of New York, where four men would meet to determine of really was the best in New York City Wrestling. In the first semi final Matthew Keith faces of against Lee Wright and in the second semi final Dazzling Dave Diamond would take on Brandon smith for a spot in the final. Also on the Black Hat Bailey defends his NYCW Empire title against “Remarkable” Steve Flash in singles action. We also look to determine the number one contenders to The Ring Generals Tag Team Titles as the tandem of UK Dragon and Hell Monkey do battle with Shark Cage. Talking of the Tag Team Titles, The Ring Generals face off with The Old School Principals with the titles on the line.

Quick Picks

King of New York Tournament semi finals

Matthew Keith vs. Lee Wright

Dazzling Dave Diamond vs. Brandon Smith

Number one contenders for the NYCW Tag Team Titles

Hell Monkey & UK Dragon vs. Shark Cage

NYCW Tag Team Title Match

Old School Principals vs. The Ring Generals©

NYCW Empire Championship Match

Steve Flash vs. Black Hat Bailey©

King of New York Tournament Final

Matthew Keith/Lee Wright vs. Dazzling Dave Diamond/Brandon Smith

The fact that you even have Keith, Smith, Cage, Dragon and Monkey eight months in astounds me. And makes me wonder where the NYCW Tri-State Championship is at, and where Whistler, Honest Frank and the other NYCW starters are.

Sidenote: I was going to do an NCYW dynasty myself. Still doing write-ups and I'm up to Gang Wars at the mo'.

Old School Principals vs. The Ring Generals

Steve Flash vs. Black Hat Bailey

Matthew Keith vs. Brandon Smith

King of New York Tournament semi finals

Number one contenders for the NYCW Tag Team Titles

NYCW Tag Team Title Match

NYCW Empire Championship Match

Matthew Keith/Lee Wright vs. Dazzling Dave Diamond/Brandon Smith

The fact that you even have Keith, Smith, Cage, Dragon and Monkey eight months in astounds me. And makes me wonder where the NYCW Tri-State Championship is at, and where Whistler, Honest Frank and the other NYCW starters are.

Sidenote: I was going to do an NCYW dynasty myself. Still doing write-ups and I'm up to Gang Wars at the mo'.

I wont lie, i started the game in July, so it's only the the first month of the game really. But you won't be the only one who will be astound if in 8 months time in the game I still have the likes of Keith, Smith, Cage, Dragon and Monkey still about.

Sidenote to your sidenote NYCW is a great little company even if it's stuck in the late 70's and if you do follow up with your dynasty you certainly have a reader here.

I wont lie, i started the game in July, so it's only the the first month of the game really. But you won't be the only one who will be astound if in 8 months time in the game I still have the likes of Keith, Smith, Cage, Dragon and Monkey still about.
Ah, that explains it. So did you drop Whistler & Frank because of massive decline hits?

Sidenote to your sidenote NYCW is a great little company even if it's stuck in the late 70's and if you do follow up with your dynasty you certainly have a reader here.

It is a fun company to work with, especially with the variety of angles you can try. I tend to book Rush Hour as a blow-off show after six months of booking, so I'll have these feuds "end" there: Land Mass versus Whistler, Black Hat Bailey versus Steve Flash, Honest Frank versus Larry Vessey, OSP versus RG, Lee Wright versus Sammy the Shark, and Triple D versus Roger Cage.

Bring in the people you want afterwards and book from there. :p

Ah, that explains it. So did you drop Whistler & Frank because of massive decline hits?

Whistler and Frank are very still both here at least for the time being, can't say I'm a massive fan of both though.

It is a fun company to work with, especially with the variety of angles you can try. I tend to book Rush Hour as a blow-off show after six months of booking, so I'll have these feuds "end" there: Land Mass versus Whistler, Black Hat Bailey versus Steve Flash, Honest Frank versus Larry Vessey, OSP versus RG, Lee Wright versus Sammy the Shark, and Triple D versus Roger Cage.

Bring in the people you want afterwards and book from there. :p

I tend to bring in all the guys i want first before i book a show, Roger Cage though I think he's awesome doesn't tend to stay a round for every long before he jumps to SWF. I normally book Rush Hour as the new year, new feuds kinda show.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this- plus it'll remind me to update my own NYCW dynasty more often (I'm far too easily distracted at the moment...)

Keith is good but you'll keep Lee for longer so build around him rather than mr. I'll-be-gone-inside-of-six-months

See above

Hell Monkey and UK Dragon have no business in an old-school company- they're good but far too modern in style

The Principals can be good champs but why switch straight off?

See above- Bailey tends to retire pretty quick but he delivers pretty well up 'til then

Lee Wright vs. Dazzling Dave Diamond

I like Lee more

Its NYCW. The talented kids cant win!

Smith is a star here

I agree with 1PWfan. Monkey and Dragon are not NYCW wrestlers. Prove me wrong

One big change in the 1st show. Flash is perfect for this

Lee Wright vs. Brandon Smith

Set up for a Brandon vs Steve Flash tilt. Nice

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss279/serotonin187/nycwwebpage.png

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss279/serotonin187/HerbStately.jpghttp://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss279/serotonin187/RockDownpour-2.jpg

Today New York City Wrestling announced the departure of Herb Stately and Rock Downpour, the long standing announce team for NYCW will be come the first casualties of the Larry Vessey era.

New York City Wrestling wishes them all the best in their future endeavours.

<p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div></div></div><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div></div></div><span>http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss279/serotonin187/nycwwebpage.png</span><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div></div></div></div><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33781" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div style="text-align:center;"><div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div><span>http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/NYCW_kam.jpg</span><span>http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/PGHWkam.jpg</span><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:18px;">BREAKING NEWS</span></span></span></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Breaking news coming from New York City Wrestling as Larry Vessey today announced that NYCW had signed a working agreement with Pride Glory Honor Wrestling. It's understood that some of the younger PGHW wrestlers will be coming to NYCW to train extensively with Larry Vessey, Steve Flash and Black Hat Bailey. </span></span></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> More news as we get it.</span></span></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></div></div></div></div></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></div></div></div></div></div></div><p></p></blockquote></div><p></p>

Matthew Keith vs Lee Wright

Wright needs phasing out

Think I'm the only person to ever push DDD...no change here :)

Hell Monkey & UK Dragon vs Shark Cage

I hate Sammy and Cage aint much better

A tough one, but I'll stick with the champs

Like Wright, Bailey needs phasing out

Matthew Keith vs. Brandon Smith

First challenger for Flash

Archived