CGC: Antidote Poison

I personally like the monologues greatly. They are very different from most diaries since they tend to focus on the entire show but yours allows us to see the show from a single person and the way he thinks. CGC while not by favorite promotions is way more interesting than NOTBPW in 2010.

CGC has the DeColts, ELITE, the 4 tag wrestlers, Joey Poison, Gargantuan, Ryan Powell, Trent Shaffer, and Whippy the Clown. They are fun and you can easily bring new workers without making them feel new.

NOTBPW meanwhile has Dan Stone, Jeremy Stone, Johnny Bloodstone, Steve DeColt, Sean McFly, Dark angel and the Can-Am Blondes. Everyone else seems either too dull (The Fighting Irish, Harrison Hash) or not fitting the product (Lord James King, Canadian Dragon).

The only other positive NOTBPW has is the womens division which if you find the Golden Girl Title render you could create for CGC with the AAA and unemployed girls: Joanne Rodriguez, Sara Marie York, Eve Grunge Suzanne Brazzle, Grace Harper.

I personally like the monologues greatly. They are very different from most diaries since they tend to focus on the entire show but yours allows us to see the show from a single person and the way he thinks. CGC while not by favorite promotions is way more interesting than NOTBPW in 2010.

Good, then, because I do kind of like writing them.

The only other positive NOTBPW has is the womens division which if you find the Golden Girl Title render you could create for CGC with the AAA and unemployed girls: Joanne Rodriguez, Sara Marie York, Eve Grunge Suzanne Brazzle, Grace Harper.

Already contracted. I think I have them set as some peoples' managers, but I haven't mentioned it. I've been toying with the idea of adding a division (or integrating), but given my inability to effectively use much of the roster already, probably not the best idea.

Uh...I'll post in-character next, instead of appending it to this post. And "next" might mean "within the hour" or "in the next few days," depending on if I forget about it while watching Minecraft videos.

Mammoth beat me.

One victory or defeat, I have said before, matters little in the grander scheme of a company, a career, even as little time as one year. Success or failure is based on momentum, on trends, on the ability to capitalize where opportunity presents itself and continue in achieving dominance.

Yet, Mammoth beat me.

Every champion eventually loses, and that loss might be for the belt as well. No one stays at the top forever. We all know this when we take the belt. We know this when we challenge for it. What best I can hope is that the new Canadian champion doesn't sully the belt after me.

However, it was Mammoth who beat me.

Mammoth, a man with little to redeem him in the eyes of wrestling populace. A man with no talent aside from a lethargic, lugubrious frame. A man of grating personality backed by unearned popularity.

If anyone deserves to be kicked out of the company, it is him. If anyone deserves my ire, it is him. Thus from this day forward, I forgo the challenge of Nate Johnson. I let him live another day to be free or hunted by whoever chooses to face him. I let ELITE work to their devices and the DeColts to run the company.

But Mammoth, he does not deserve one more day employed. I forgo all other quests to make him my sole quarry, my sole enemy, my sole opponent until he is gone from my presence. I need not the title back; championships are won on merit. Mammoth defending the belt that I held would be an aboslute disgrace not just to me but everyone who has actually worked to develop to that point in their careers. Give me the belt, vacate it, I do not care. But Mammoth, you are going to rue ever becoming a wrestler.

You have faced me, Mammoth, and won. Naturally, then, it is the time for you to fear me. Time for you to learn the wrath of god. Time for you, Mammoth, to be entombed in a web. Struck by my poison, Mammoth, the Antidote's Web is death. Good night.

As I am not scheduled to compete, nor do I have a title to present to the audience, management has decided to give me this week's installment of CGC Title Bout Wrestling as a vacation. My presentation of the event will be from home as I log my thoughts watching on the television. I will, hopefully, hear from some of my friends backstage as to the results of the dark matches and segments, but the overall demeanor will likely be much more casual. I watch as a fan as opposed to a wrestler, from the comfort of my home as opposed to the stress of the workplace. After all, it is all-too-common for someone to get blindsided while doing any number of things backstage.

The card, now, as it is being advertised:

Vin Tanner vs. Zeus Maximillion

Steve Flash & Stevie Grayson vs. The Dirty White Boys

Ricky DeColt vs. Dan DaLay

Alex & Jack DeColt vs. Nate Johnson & Shooter Sean Deeley

Vin Tanner vs. Zeus Maximillion

Zeus is younger and better

Steve Flash & Stevie Grayson vs. The Dirty White Boys

Their menace is useful in this promotion

Ricky DeColt vs. Dan DaLay

Ricky is the weakest of the DeColts

Alex & Jack DeColt vs. Nate Johnson & Shooter Sean Deeley

Alex is the boss and he will not allow himself to lose to the two weakest members of ELITE.

Question to Show interest: Are you planning on giving Joey friends as in wrestlers that he'll logically align himself with or are they anonymous?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33786" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you planning on giving Joey friends as in wrestlers that he'll logically align himself with or are they anonymous? </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Still getting a few things back in order, but I definitely got the time to answer:</p><p> </p><p> As far as these particular friends that will tell him about the show, they are a plot device to allow Joey to commentate on things. They're "anonymous" in the since that they have no reason to be known.</p><p> </p><p> As far as his "official" friends, the ones to which you're referring...</p><p> </p><p> I don't think anyone's been explicitly mentioned yet. Obviously if there's a relationship formed in-game I'm making it storyline-canon, but thus far the closest to friends that we've seen are Thrillseeker and Shane Nelson. We've seen them team in the trios tournament, and I think he's been partners with one or the other once before. No impact on the story thus far, though, aside from the few matches.</p><p> </p><p> I imagine that Poison will eventually get into a tag team or alliance of some sort, but I don't think that will happen for awhile. He's been running something of a loner shtick in my head/writing, (which, of course, is against his gimmick, that of a thrill seeker) so until that changes, I doubt his friends will exist.</p>

Shuji Inukai announced the day before the show that he wanted to "invade" the United States. Yes, the man at the top of PGHW wants to move to the USA.

Furthermore, day of the show, Ricky Dale Johnson wants to head to Japan. Yes, the guy at the top of TCW. I...don't get it, but okay.

Obviously I missed the pre-show. I was told that the Tanner/Maximillion match got booted to the opening segment, which is fine I guess. Oftentimes plans go awry and you have to scoot stuff around; I've been bumped before. We all have. Zeus won with a Thunder Bolt, but I think there was a rumor he couldn't really handle the pressure. Too bad for him; that's not how you graduate to the main show.

We then had a weird interview-type segment with Eddie Chandler and Adrian Garcia. A bit sad I missed that, since Garcia's probably the second-most talented manager in the world-for his age. That guy...hey, I might dislike ELITE a bit, but if going with them gets him on my side, not a bad trade I'd say. Now I know you xpect the DeColts in some fashion to interrupt, right? Wrong. It's Youth Energy. Don't know what the plan was on that, but apparently the crowd wasn't entriely enthused. Didn't bomb, but I have to question Alex's decision on that.

Now then, I'll pop back on the sofa and bust out the bacon. Since that's all Canadians eat, eh?

Alex DeColt opens the show, talks about Larry Wood a bit, the debuts and all that. Holds onto the past a bit, a little more talking about ELITE, and the crowd's going nuts.

Okay, I'll tell you the truth. Not a huge fan of the DeColts, Alex in particular. I don't dislike him, mind you, but with how often I see them in the ring, out of the ring, talking about the company...I get bored. That's why I'm not really sure what he was talking about specifically. I zone him out. Mind you, crowd was really loud, and I doubt it sounded that bad live either.

About that, while we move on to...the tag match, between Steves and The Dirty White Boys. Non-title, so I don't expect anything special.

Anyway, sometimes when you're in the ring, especially if the arena wasn't built specifically for it, you don't hear the crowd. The echoes don't bounce, you're not on the focus of the parabola...works out that it's more of a dull roar, not a huge pop, right? And outdoors are way worse. Sound's going to go with the least resistance, and that means up. And you're down.

So fact is, tv shows like this, if we moved our Pay-Per-Views to a different arena than where we can sell out, tv would be more fun to wrestle. You can hear them alright, even though I think we don't have the nosebleeds full.

Oh, speaking of that, we have a bell. Grayson just got floored with a lariat from Gargantuan, and I'm pretty sure that's real blood there. Yeah, kid might have it broken; fact that I can't tell means he's got some good performance on him. Anyway, I guess this means "Dirty White Monsters" is a real thing. Which...well, once I'm talking like myself the wrestler, we'll see. Think of me as Joey Poison, man-about-town. Rather, man-in-living-room. Just your average fan who likes to wrestle. Split personality, however you like, okay?

Ricky DeColt and Dan DaLay up next. Ordinarily I'd get myself a soda maybe, maybe something harder if I want, but since I gave Adrian some compliment earlier, I'll stick around.

Fact is that Ricky's the worst DeColt-which is analogous to calling someone the worst Olympian, mind you-and DaLay isn't a good wrestler, really. Low expectation from me. Crowd fooled you, though.

Fact is, just to stuff words down my throat, those two really worked well. I'm not saying that they were better than they should have been, that they just clicked or something, but hell, that match flowed. You had Ricky playing that underdog role, and DaLay knew just when to knock him down with a big boot. I really, really have to say my respect for both of them just got a hell of a lot bigger. Can't hate on DaLay anymore.

Garcia hit DaLay, looks by accident, off a whip, but that didn't seem to do anything. Ricky didn't get an advantage from it, and he got pinned real easily, especially since DaLay got his feet on the ropes. Not sure if that was necessary, but again, that was an excellent match. Hope it's not match of the night, but definitely the...not an upset, since Ricky lost, but it's...well, it's the performance that shocked me the most. There we go.

Remember Gargantuan? I don't think Ricky will after that segment. The guy...shoot, "I" am afraid of him, and I, the guy sitting down right now, am afraid of him. I hope his clotheslines aren't as stiff as they look, because...listen to the crowd. Yes, it's a DeColt getting slaughtered, but you don't get boos like that from being a nobody doing fake-looking stomps.

About that, since we have a minute before DeColts vs. ELITE Jr. I know that wrestling is "fake." However, it's like a tv show. A movie. So let's get over the fact that we have to suspend belief, alright? It's the last vestige of kayfabe the industry has, and it has to stay that way. Well...yeah, I think we aren't going to go back to thinking it's all real, but there's no point in pointing out that it isn't. Gragantuan? Looked like he killed Ricky. Did he? No. I hope not. But it looked like it, so we ride with it. If it looks fake, like obviously so, that's a problem.

And yes, when I'm performing, of course I won't aknowledge that. Fourth wall exists, and it's rare that you want to break it. Unless you're a terrible comedian.

As much as I "hate" Alex-and I don't, remember?-him and Jack just...they're one of the best teams in the world. Not only do they have leagues of experience, but they do have chemistry between them. Watch Jack and Ricky, Alex and Ricky...watch Youth Energy. Different styles, sure, but they're experienced. You can see them wait for each other, hit their team moves, know when one's going to kick out, they work like a team. But Jack and Alex...it's like they don't even need to look at each other sometimes. No communication, and yet they're smooth as silk, man. Wonderful to watch.

Then we have Johnson and Deeley. Sounds like a letdown, I guess, after all my parading of the glory DeColt, but it's not. Sean's a fantastic technician, just under the level of the true greats. And he's what, 26? Nate's great as well, brilliant performer and a pleasure to compete against. So yeah, they might not be as...together, sure, of a team, but still nice opponents.

It's match of the night, which we all expected, and I'm actually a bit disappointed that Eddie got his side disqualified by attacking Alex. Not in the sense that it messed with the ending, but in the sense that...that I wanted it to keep going. Mark of good performers, that they keep the fans wanting more.

Also, I'm calling a beatdown.

Yeah, there it is. ELITE against the DeColts. Ricky's obviously still out after Gargantuan, so nice timing from ELITE.

So that's the show, or what I saw from home. About the post-show here, after the lights. Let's see, said that there was a 10-man battle royale, but I also heard 15. I'm not there, so not really sure. Given that this is just for the live guys, not really sure it matters, either. Acid and Davis Wayne Newton were the final two, which is a bit surprising. Would have thought Destiny or Nathan Black, the others of the final four, would have outlasted the kid. Acid won, in any case, which means...again, I don't know what it means because I don't think anyone will ever talk about it.

I'll report in in a few days. For now...don't do acid, guys. It'll kill you.

Alright guys, now is the time that I have been allotted to tell you what I think about that show on which you did not find me. I get time to speak about something which I do not know, about events that were entirely out of my control, about the state of the company as I see it.

There is a part of me that suggests I begin with business reflections; given that I am supposed to say what I think, I suppose any order would do just as well.

First, then, we have a conundrum. Excellent shows are the source of company growth. However, a company should not seek merely to grow, but to grow in the most expeditious manner. An excellent television show shold not be held a triumph when it could have instead been an excellent show on Pay-Per-View. Pay-Per-View nets us greater money, and we hope to soon expand to the United States. Thus, an excellent show is seen in more regions on Pay-Per-View, helping us grow even more.

In plain terms, Canadian Golden Combat just put on a better television show than they did their January grand event. That's laughable. If the ratings were even close, if the main events were similar, sure, we could shrug it off as a fluke. But they weren't, neither of them. So "management" needs to think a little bit harder.

Gravitating away from business, what do I think as a wrestler? Ah, then, this is far more interesting. I do not care overly much as to whether or not a match is on television. I beat my opponent, I lay my trap, and the web is sprung. This is my life.

Looking at our previous shows-that is, the previous month, these are my conclusions:

• Alex DeColt would be a fool if he did not see the threat Larry Wood causes to the company. While embroiled in his ELITE quandary, Wood has the ability and insanity to wreak havoc the unaware stables. True, ELITE cannot win while he is around, but similarly, DeColts will not win either.
  • Even the weakest ELITE members are excellent in the ring. They back up Eddie's frequent lauding.
  • Mammoth is, gratefully, not taking over the show.
  • The race we have with North of the Border to National is close; workers still prefer our company, but they are the bigger entity.

With our current solvency, it is entirely possible that Alex will choose to hire both Donte Dunn and Jonathan Hurst. Both our from the DeColt Power House, with Dunn being far more well-known. Given that I am a wrestler, and that I might hae to face either or both of them, I will expound poetic on their future careers.

Donte Dunn is a solid rookie. He's got a great look about him and fantastic athleticism, with stamina levels that are workable for the length of matches in which he would find himself. His ability to entertain is solid-for a rookie-and his brawling capabilities are strong enough that he might fit the mold of the proto-typical DeColt-trainee with some work.

His greatest problem is that he is a rookie. He's a poor performer; he needs some time in a developmental company before he can be a threat to...Mammoth's belt. We don't have a developmental territory. Thus, a conundrum.

Does Alex let him go into the work of the smaller Canadian promotions to gain experience, or does he try to have the rookie learn while sporadically appearing in some opening match squash-in all likelihood, that is, I imagine his matches to be?

As for Jonathan, he's similar to Dunn, yet a unique sort of animal as well. Not nearly as athletic nor appealing to the audience, Jonathan sports higher stamina-given his potential place on the roster, that's largely cosmetic. Hurst is a brawler that can work a technical game, whereas Dunn can fly as a secondary skillset. Both are poor performers, but Hurst is electric when given a microphone. Dunn's nice, but Hurst could easily be the third man on a commentary team. No issue whatsoever with hiring him in that capacity until he can be shunted into development.

As I return now from vacation, I find the assigned card to, once again, neglect placing me in a match. This does not mean I will not appear; I have words to say. I have issues to resolve. These are the matches, but they are not the show.

CGC Canadian Championship

Mammoth © vs. Ed Monton

The Soldiers Of Fortune vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt

Youth Energy vs. DaLay & Chandler

Larry Wood vs. ??? (Person of Jack DeColt's choosing)

CGC Canadian Championship

Mammoth © vs. Ed Monton

The Soldiers Of Fortune vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt

Youth Energy vs. DaLay & Chandler

Larry Wood vs. ??? (Person of Jack DeColt's choosing)

Unless you got Jack DeColt or a Stone back Larry is kicking ass.

Being the first show since my embarrassing loss, I could have taken the time before the show to find Alex DeColt or a member of management to complain about such a travesty, to demand a rematch, to generally express my discontent. Aside from the fact that I tend to find such outbursts morally reprehensible-we are not children, after all-I do not have the emotions necessary to even feel that acting in a like manner would be useful.

Noting that, I also chose to not find Mammoth in my pre-show rituals. As a wrestler, I feel he is of the ilk most damaging to our industry. His age is that of a veteran, yet his skill is that of a developmental prospect. Moreso, his skill lacks so much...ability, that he ought to not have even graduated from whatever training that so poorly took his money initially. I avoid him, then.

I want to make it clear that I do not dislike him, merely that I do not want to be around him. His and my personalities do not mesh; that does not mean we dislike each other. As people, we are neutral coworkers. The fact that I do not respect him professionally is another matter; true, it is the matter that makes me not want to see him. But again, there is not animosity between us.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

The opening bout for the live audience is a Tag title match between the champions, Brett Fraser and Greg Gauge, Matthew Keith and Fumihiro Ota, and Mr. Lucha III and Donte Dunn.

A few stories could have been told in this match: we could have seen the dominance of the tag champions, a showdown between the Keith twins, or a nice debut from Dunn. Though Gauge and Keith were in the ring at the same time, nothing noticeable seemed to occur between them; no brotherly collusion, that is. Similarly, Dunn had a fairly lackluster performance; given that, as I've noted, he's not a good wrestler yet, this was expected by me. Thus we have a solid win from Lead Belly and Grease Hogg, Dunn taking the pin.

The show opens with a DeColt; today, it's our champion. Jack starts down the ramp, but he's ambushed by a charging Gargantuan who knocks him down with a clothesline to the back of the head. A relatively short beatdown continues, ending when Gargantuan lifts up Jack with one arm, then chokeslams the champ through a table by the entrance.

Finally, the most anticipated match in the history of our sport: Ed Monton versus Mammoth for the CGC Canadian Championship. Truly, this is the greatest night in professional wrestling's storied past. All who sit in the stands will forever remember this moment, the moment they were graced by the most important combat in the entire world.

Monton won with a Fallaway Slam, by the way.

The Soldiers of Fortune face Alex & Ricky DeColt in the first legitimate match of the evening. Rather, the first legitimate top-tier match; I shouldn't take away from the pre-show four-way tag.

DeColts are, predictably, excellent in the ring. However, many discount the abilities of their current opponents. Originally, Fate and Chance were a rugged duo, not entirely unlike the Canadian Enforcers. Destiny has taken the mantle quite effectively, I believe. They're somewhat callous, perhaps, unforgiving, but I like the group. I'll even allow Chance to distract the DeColts in the ring; I typically like clean matches.

As much as I laud their praises, I doubt anyone expected them to have a strong chance at victory. Even with distractions, Ricky and Alex were able to avoid devastating moves and get the pinfall after a quick 6 minutes.

Following their match, Alex and Ricky get microphones and talk about, respectively, Dan DaLay and Shooter Sean Deeley. It's a nice contrast; Alex has had issues with the largest member of ELITE for quite some time. He touches on that history, on taking over the company, on what he intends to do when he finally puts down Dan. Ricky meanwhile, speaks to the youth of himself and his rival. One's a technician, one's a high-flyer. Contrasting styles, contrasting victory conditions, contrasting personalities. If the match gets made-Alex, you listening?-we'll have a big man/little man pairing against the solidarity of the fan favorites.

Wait.

I'm Wood's opponent?

So...I think that's around 16 or something minutes, not real sure. I think I held my own, possibly, but Larry's Running Big Foot ought to be called 50% chance of a concussion. There's no shame in him beating me. I assume. Blacked out for a couple minutes, so I don't know what happened after the match.

Ah, a quick recap shows that, no, some stuff happened after the match. As in, powerbomb through a table. This explains the immense pain in my lower spine. I think I've seen enough; no need to have nightmares.

Main event time! DaLay & Chandler take on Youth Energy in what is unlikely to be an interference-free finale.

I'm again impressed with the level of skill DaLay has. Eddie certainly carries a large portion of the team, but Dan's more than a punch, punch, slam kind of guy. Unlike, say, Mammoth. Meanwhile, Youth Energy have a sizeable speed advantage, one which is far more effective on Eddie than DaLay.

Inevitable interference does not go entirely as planned; Shane Nelson is pulled off the apron by Shooter Sean Deeley. A Tiger suplex later, and Thrill Seeker's in it alone. Nate Johnson, however, misses his dropkick against a cornered Seeker, instead knocking DaLay off the apron. As the referee is paying attention to Nelson on the outside-yes, a bit late, as he was initially focused on Seeker in the corner-Thrill Seeker whips out Nate Johnson, but turns into Eddie Chandler's Fabulous Stretch.

He almost makes it loose, but Chandler drags him back into the center, bumping into the referee. After a few more moments, the submission is called.

Youth Energy are destroyed by DaLay post-match.

After the show, Chandler argues with the odd trio of Ryan Powell, Trent Shaffer, and Whippy The Clown. Unsure of what the real issue was, but it's enitrely possible any of them could face off next week.

<p><em>I realize now that I have let all pretense of focus to slip away from me. Mammoth has too much pervaded my thoughts, and the path to Nate Johnson is no less blocked today than it was weeks ago. Apparently my mantra is now to make excuses for my inaction, rather than wreak havoc on the unworthy.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

For Ed Monton, however, he deserves much praise. Previously I have noted his exceptional fortitude; it is this, along with his brawling style, that most easily forms the proto-typical old-school worker.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Instead of considering my future plans, I will talk about what I mean by "old-school." My plans will come later.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Back in the day," and by that I mean when Canada and the world was far more territorialized, to become popular a person had to work multiple shows for multiple companies. Now, CGC has television and Pay-Per-View coverage across Canada; one episode or event gains one recognition across the country. Decades past, one match allowed one specific region a chance to see you. As Canada is divided into five primary regions, this means that one episode, one match, one appearance today is equivalent to </em><em><strong>five</strong></em><em> such appearances in Ed Monton's youth. One-to-five. Five times the work, five times the stress, five times the struggle, the pain, the effort, the injury. If you weren't able to bounce back, to show up in the next company, you were gone.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

That's why Monton's historic toughness is, and was, so valuable. When you can't get injured-and I mean both that it is physically impossible for </em><em><strong>him</strong></em><em> to get injured </em><em><strong>and</strong></em><em> that doing so is career death-a promotion finds you far more valuable. Suddenly a lack of talent can be ignored, as at least you can show up. Maybe you're not the best brawler, or the most talented technician, but if a promoter can rely upon you to be active next month...you're the best.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Not to say Monton isn't talented; as a performer, his only knock is a bit of selling issue. Given that...well, given that he's tough as hell, I don't think anyone minds. And, of course, there's the fact that he's better than half the guys out there. The fighting is a bit bland, true, with little innovation to his decades-old strikes, but Ed's not looking to main event the Wrestlefestival. At his age, that title victory is huge. It's an homage to his skill as a performer, not his lackluster ability as a wrestler. The man is past 40. The fact that he's able to walk, much less get in the ring, much less be far better in the ring than kids half his age, is phenomenal. I give the guy a break because he deserves it in every possible way. He's far past his prime, his career is likely winding down, </em><em><strong>and</strong></em><em> he's the reason Mammoth shouldn't be on television. I cannot hate that. I respect him, and I do hope he retires soon. Well...if he's human, I hope he retires soon. Given how tough he is...</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

While we're on the subject, a dream match:</em></p><p><em>

Ed Monton vs. Raymond Diaz.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Two of the toughest wrestlers in the world facing each other. Pure, absolute bliss. And given that they both have sons, we could be looking at something special in...I don't know, 10 or 20 years thereabouts.</em></p>

It seems the plan for our next show is a union of those wrestlers under written contract with us against those who are paid each appearance they make:

Champagne Lover vs. Dan DaLay

Ricky DeColt & ??? vs. Nate Johnson & Shooter Sean Deeley

Alex DeColt & Jack DeColt vs. Larry Wood & Acid

Mr. Lucha III & Mainstream Hernandez vs. Lead Belly & Grease Hogg

As another note, PGHW apparently now has a working agreement with us. Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods, unfortunately, does not. I'm not sure why Alex approached those two promotions, but it's good to know regardless.

Champagne Lover vs. Dan DaLay

Champagne is not Canadian.

Ricky DeColt & ??? vs. Nate Johnson & Shooter Sean Deeley

The DeColt's need a new member to even things out and Ricky as the youngest could bring in a new best friend with three names hopefully.

Alex DeColt & Jack DeColt vs. Larry Wood & Acid

Crazy Wood is not affected by losses and Acid has obviously bigger plans.

Mr. Lucha III & Mainstream Hernandez vs. Lead Belly & Grease Hogg

Bikers > Hispanics

Wouldn't it be great if Alex DeColt was able to change the mind of BHOTWG's booker with a nice monetary gift? But of course that be baaaaad!

There is a bit of controversy surrounding this episode of CGC Title Bout Wrestling. Some fans-and wrestlers-believe those of us who are contracted exclusively to CGC, with no negotiation, are the superior wrestlers. By virtue of our skill we were hired, and thus no one who is a mere afterthought,hired as any common man, could hope to best us.

Others believe that the wrestlers who are contracted most simply have the most to gain in victory. Champagne Lover can show that a luchadore can defeat one of the most imposing figures in the company; conversely, Dan DaLay only has another puny opponent to squash. Lover has much more reason to succeed.

For me...I do feel that wrestlers like myself deserve a certain measure of respect. We were hired for a reason, given guaranteed pay in exchange for pulling ourselves off the market for all other companies. Alex must have seen something in me, in Gargantuan, Eddie Chandler...he had a reason to hire all of us in the manner which he did. He did not do the same with Champagne Lover, Acid, Gauge, and the rest. Thus we deserve a different measure of respect.

That does not, however, mean that I am by virtue a better wrestler than all other pay-per-appearance workers. I am not. Greg Gauge is both a fantastic rookie and a fantastic wrestler in general. What I have in experience and time, he has in raw talent. He could easily out-wrestle me at any time; my only chance to win is to take advantage of his green-ness.

As far as my predictions, I do think Dan DaLay will be insurmountable for Champagne Lover. He might have some trouble, but DaLay has already proven himself quite the steady opposition. He's the big man of ELITE. He will not fall. Ricky has a troublesome team in front of him. Johnson and Deeley are technical experts; if Ricky brings a like-minded aerial wrestler with him, it's amost a toss-up. I'll give the advantage to the fan-favorites, just to not pick a draw. Larry Wood does not have victory directly on his mind; Jack and Alex are good enough ot overcome both himi and Acid. The tag match is a joke; the champions are seasoned brawlers facing the next, but not current, generation. Titles do not change.

Archived