The National Wrestling Alliance: War Journal (Cornellverse)

First of all, I would like to thank Kamchatka for rendering both the logo and the banner for the National Wrestling Alliance. Without it, I may not be able to create this thread. Otherwise, I would have struggled with names for the promotion, and it may have taken months, if not years, in order to get things going forward.

First of all, I have taken inspiration from many places in both wrestling and life in general. The name of the company is a tribute to professional wrestling's past and foundations, and the owner (who happens to be my avatar) is partially inspired by Vince McMahon, Sir Richard Branson, and Sir Integra from the Hellsing franchise. I know that it's an interesting combination, but I believe that it will work out as I write this.

I just finished the promotion profiles. I will work on the worker profiles once I get home from college, which convienently is when TNA Impact airs over here.

<p>-Saturday, 26 December 2009</p><p> </p><p>

Alright, Ladies and Gentlemen. My name is Bryan Callahan. Since I started training back in 2006, I have kept a "War Journal" to document the twists, turns, and adventures of my professional wrestling career. This is essentially a diary, but I refuse to call it as such. This is also the first one that I've not only written in my little book, but also the first that I am publishing publicly. The original reason for this was to reflect on my career once I hung up my boots, but also to just keep me sane during the long travels. Now, things are different. I think the new promotion known as the National Wrestling Alliance is the beginning of something big, and potentially history changing. So, here we go.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#000080;">-The National Wrestling Alliance</span></p><p> </p><p>

Tomorrow, the NWA makes it's debut. The name may sound "old school", but that's probably the only thing "old school" about it. At it's base, the NWA is a sports entertainment promotion, but one with several aspects that aren't traditional. The most unique thing about it is that Elizabeth Winchester (The owner and booker. More on her later.) doesn't clearly define the babyfaces and heels. Rather, she presents each individual character a certain way, and then allows the fans to decide who should get cheered and who should be booed. I would guess that the main reason that she did this aside from the uniqueness of the philosophy, it also gives her a great deal more creativity in regards to match ups and storylines. There is also a level of risque that you won't find in the "Big Three" (SWF, TCW, and USPW), though they're not as excessive as DAVE was or PSW and BSC is now. Mrs. Winchester also actively courts the more rabid aspects of our local fan base. I say our, because I was born and raised Tacoma, which is only 33 or so miles from Seattle for those of you not familiar.</p><p>

In keeping with the region that the NWA is calling home, she has labelled the product "Seattle Underground," a nod to our local heritage and history. During my negotiations with her, I asked why she chose this area of all places. Evidently, she has a house in Kent, and she has fallen in love with the area. But more importantly, all promotions in on the west coast are based out of California, and she can effectively rope off the Puget Sound area as our home turf, and later on, include all of Washington, Oregon, and Idaho as she expands the company. Though the NWA may be tiny right now, Mrs. Winchester has a definite, well thought-out plan for expansion, and with $10,000,000 in the company's coffers right now, she can afford to wait while we build up enough to make a profit.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#000080;">Northwest Championship Wrestling</span></p><p> </p><p>

In clear contrast to the NWA, Northwest Championship Wrestling is stereotypically old school in it's product, though thankfully not it's attire and production. This is where I am temporarily working right now, and I'll tell you one thing: I look terrible in wool. This promotion was created to serve as a "developmental" promotion for the NWA, where young workers could polish their skills until they're skilled enough to work to get promoted. Technically, it was founded by Mrs. Winchester, but she immediately gave it to Fumhiro Ota to run after he made it known he wanted to run a professional wrestling company. To that end, she also hired Eric Tyler as head booker just prior to the hand-off, and deposited $250,000 in the company's coffers. This may not seem like much, but considering that the NWA is paying for all of the talent as well as the support staff, NCW has next to nothing in expenses.</p><p> </p><p>

(More to come)</p>

Archived