Road to Glory - The journey of Eric Freer

Tag match

Young Guns v Panda Mask II & Mark Smart (Rough Custom)

Paranoia v Amazing Firefly

Jen Neptune v The Tic

Christy Huggins v Sally Anne

Paradox v Ted Brady

Tresanya Shandel v Ernest Youngman

Jared Johnson v Ant-man

Eric Freer v Tracy Brendon

World Title match

Nate Johnson [c] v Kashmir Singh

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday, Week 4, September 2012 – It's time for FTW Drive by Bashing

The backstage area was relaxed as usual, although the departure of Mr. Lucha III has brought down the level slightly. Still Panda Mask II and The Tic were found in a corner comparing some of the interesting recipes for pigeon they discovered during their tours in Japan. Apparently they both regularly visited the Asian mainland on days off and stumbled on the recipes.

But I'm sure you are more interested in the show than the backstage antics of our wrestlers.

Tag match

Young Guns v Panda Mask II & Mark Smart (Rough Custom)

The night started with the first match and it turned out that Panda and Mark have great tag chemistry. They also had the momentum against the two faces and picked up the win. Rough Custom defeated Young Guns in 4:38 when Mark Smart defeated Kinuye Mushashibo by pinfall with a handful of tights. E+ (31)

Ant-man came out leading Firefly. He announced that his Mexican friend was going to dominate and Ant-man was out to ensure that he did. E+ (31) Ant-man is now managing Firefly

Paranoia v Amazing Firefly

These two aren't a great matchup. Paranoia ended up scoring an extremely rare victory. He was beginning to wear down Firefly when Ant-man picked up a chair and hit him from behind. Jonathan Taylor called for the DQ. Paranoia defeated Amazing Fire Fly in 5:03 when Amazing Fire Fly was disqualified when Ant-Man ran in and attacked Paranoia. E (25)

Jen came out and spoke about how tonight she was going to solo against The Tic. E+ (34)

Jen Neptune v The Tic

It's a night for tainted and cheap finishes, as the Tic resorted to grabbing Jen's tights and holding on for the pinfall. The Tic defeated Jen Neptune in 5:29 by pinfall with a handful of tights. E (26)

Paradox v Ted Brady

Ted gets the cheap win here. Ted Brady defeated Paradox in 2:38 by pinfall. E+ (29)

Tresanya Shandel v Ernest Youngman

Good wrestlers appear to be able to coax good matches out of Tresanya as this was the best match of the night so far. Ernest Youngman defeated Tresanya Shandel in 7:07 by pinfall with The Hit. D- (38)

Jared came out. He spoke about how The Tic and his minions were nothing and he was going to keep defeating them. He had already collected the Firefly and the Tic so tonight it was time to put an ant on the menu. E+ (33)

Jared Johnson v Ant-man

Jared backed up his words as he put Antman on the canvass and forced him to tap out to a submission move. Jared Johnson defeated Ant-Man in 6:57 by submission with a Carolina Crossface. D- (39)

Jared was celebrating his victory when The Tic and Amazing Firefly snuck in and attacked him. E (24)

Christy Huggins v Sally Anne

Ended up later than I'd like in the schedule, and went as expected. Christy Higgins defeated Sally Anne Christianson in 3:32 by pinfall with a Florida Upswing. E (26)

Eric Freer v Tracy Brendon

I worried about this booking, but the duo had the crowd going. Tracy Brendon defeated Eric Freer in 9:44 by pinfall with an Idaho Crunch. D (42)

World Title match

Nate Johnson [c] v Kashmir Singh

Yes! YES! We have it! The best match FTW has ever had! In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Nate Johnson defeated Kashmir Singh in 10:20 by pinfall with a Natural Order. C- (54)

And with that, the best event FTW has ever put on ends on a very high note. Sadly, the fans weren't happy with a few angles, but its still going to help bring up the popularity. D (45) Worker costs were $13,350 (by now no contract has travel expenses in it, and several workers took pay cuts during the last round of negotiations. The wrestling industry is at D+ (49) and rising and the economy is worse at E (25) and rising.)

Prediction Scoring for FTW No Breaks

HydeHill 6/9

Astil 5/9

Jaded 5/9

Prediction Scoring - through 32 events

Phreak 100/119

Jaded 97/145

HydeHill 84/111

Occasional Z 87/101

Boltinho 24/32

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Astil 6/9

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((Welcome Astil.

This one had no one getting the opening matches right. I did throw in a couple of swerves there as part of a planned build-up toward a storyline. [it won't entirely pan out due to some worker departures that occur in early 2013.]

I also have reached the end of the time in owner goal hell. From Feb 2012 through this event I was desperately trying to build up funds so that there was no risk of not having the $100K Gil Thomas demands I have in the bank in late 2013. This meant I could only run one match a month and I was losing the regional battles regularly. There were a few months were FTW gained no popularity as what they gained in the show, they lost in the regional battle. I still lose a lot of battles, but being able to perform 2 shows a month as well as increasing show grades, means that the promotion will start back on the growth train in coming months.))

Monday, Week 1, October 2012

Made $6,305 in September. The bank account now stands at $108,133. Going to risk 2 events in a month by holding FTW Haunted House on Saturday of Week 2 this month.

Did lose the regional battle for the South East. FCW came in with a C rated show, but was close to MAW as they only managed a D+ (48).

Made a difficult but necessary decision. The Stomper's contract has come up for renewal, and I've decided to allow him to leave. He is a great road agent, but his $2,500 PPA contract is just too much considering the dual critical goals of having $100,000 banked and reaching regional size. Went out and hired retired wrestler Stuart Ferdinand to become the new road agent.

The card for FTW Haunted House is out

Tag title match

Not Desperate Housewives v Rough Custom

Tag match

Paratroops v Insect Bite

Brendan Idol v Kashmir Singh

Kinuye Mushashibo v Sally Anne Christianson

Christy Huggins v Ernest Youngman

Eric Freer v The Tic

FTW World Title Match

Nate Johnson [c] v Ted Brady

Jared Johnson v Tracy Brendon

Tag title match

Tag match

Paratroops v Insect Bite - Can't bet against my favourite team in tag action.

Eric Freer v The Tic

FTW World Title Match

Tag title match

Tag match

Paratroops v Insect Bite

Eric Freer v The Tic

FTW World Title Match

And now in front of 198 screaming fans, FTW is proud to present a special show for October 2012 FTW Haunted House

The night opens with Jen and Tre in the ring. Jen takes the microphone to cut a promo about how the duo is two time tag champions and will continue to dominate their competition. D (43)

Tag title match

The girls backed up their words, but it wasn't a great match. Not Desperate Houswives defeated Rough Custom in 5:59 when Tresanya Shandel defeated Mark Smart by pinfall. E (26)

After the girls have gone to the back, Ant-man and Amazing Firefly come to the ring. Ant-man starts a rant about women in wrestling and how its embarrassing that the ladies have once again obtained the belts and promises to take those belts away in the near future. E- (19)

Tag match

Paratroops v Insect Bite

Insect Bite backed up their words as they defeated the Paratroops. Insect Bite defeated Paratroops in 6:04 when Amazing Fire Fly defeated Paradox by pinfall with a Sky High Fire Fly. E+ (29)

Note to self, do not let these two wrestler heads up ever again unless its in a dark match. F (10) Kinuye won the match, but the crowd really hated this one

Ernest came out to cut a promo, promising that he will be the next big thing in the promotion. D (43)

Let's see someone cut a promo before the match, check. And then win their match. Sadly, Ernest did not get as good a match here as he did against Nate when he first appeared. Ernest Youngman defeated Christy Higgins in 3:34 by pinfall with The Hit. E+ (33)

Haley comes out to promote Eric and build him up as the next big wrestler in the promotion. E+ (30)

Eric Freer v The Tic

And with the promo delivered before the match, Eric delivers in the ring with the best match so far. Well, its probably more his opponent. Eric Freer defeated The Tic in 9:50 by pinfall. D- (36)

FTW World Title Match

Nate Johnson v Ted Brady

Ted can't do long matches, so this one got moved up in the program. It was the best match of Ted's career, but that doesn't mean he got the win. Nate Johnson defeated Ted Brady in 7:36 by pinfall with a Natural Order. D (41)

Nate then breaks the pattern, by cutting his promo after the match. D+ (47)

The crowd was upset earlier, but they are getting to see some decent wrestling now. However, Brendan had little chance against Kashmir who is riding fairly high momentum. Kashmir Singh defeated Brendan Idol in 15:03 by pinfall with a Cal-Cutter. D- (37)

Jared got his chance to join the promo brigade and came out to promise that his unfinished business with The Tic and his friends would be seen too. D (43)

Jared must have been jinxed. He came out strong, but Tracy wore him down and when the Tic appeared at ringside Jared became the victim of a fast rollup. D (43)

We recovered from the major booking error, but it was still not a great show. Good enough to raise our popularity and with another show in 2 weeks we'll see the promotion go up in popularity this month, but we need better. D- (37) Worker costs were $14,758. I think both road agents got involved.

Prediction Scoring for FTW Haunted House

Jaded 7/8

Astil 6/8

Prediction Scoring - cumulative

Phreak 100/119

Jaded 108/153

HydeHill 84/111

Occasional Z 87/101

Boltinho 24/32

Astil 12/17

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((I do plan on switching my style and using the FictionPlus tool that Crayon created. However, I'll probably do that this weekend when I'll have time to transfer the worker pictures to photobucket.))

Bad news, shortly after the match Nate Johnson was approached by FCW to wrestle for them. He's already signed by both CGC and 4C, if he accepts a contract with FCW I lose my most over wrestler, and my top main eventer according to my creative team. It's also just bad timing for me.

The card for FTW Trick or Beat is available.

Tag Match

Young Guns v Insect Bite

Tag Title Match

Not Desperate Housewives [c] v Ted Brady & Sally Anne Christianson

Paranoia v Panda Mask II

Paradox v The Tic

Eric Freer v Mark Smart

Jared Johnson v Ernest Youngman

Christy Huggins v Kashmir Singh

Nate Johnson v Tracy Brendon

Young Guns v Insect Bite

Tag Title Match

Paranoia v Panda Mask II

Paradox v The Tic

Eric Freer v Mark Smart

Young Guns v Insect Bite

Tag Title Match

Paranoia v Panda Mask II

Paradox v The Tic

Eric Freer v Mark Smart

Grrr I missed one. And if you are going to be using that tool please keep the presentation clean ala James Casey as I personally am not a fan of too much color etc. But in the end off course do what you want as some people prefer it and I am not your only reader just a more regular predictor atm.

But I'm sure you are more interested in the show than the backstage antics of our wrestlers.

I am a total mark for backstage stuff and stories hehe.

And now, for the second time in October and only the second time FTW has had two events in a month, its FTW Trick or Beat

And the workers are happy. Sienna DeVille decided to bring in alcohol. I don't know how she managed to carry it all to the minivan, but she had plenty of help getting it from the parking lot into the wrestlers.

In front of 212 fans

Sienna DeVille opened the night by hyping Ant-man and Firefly, saying that they will easily defeat the Young Guns in their tag match. E- (22)

Tag Match

Young Guns v Insect Bite

No real surprises, the heels took this one. Insect Bite defeated Young Guns in 6:12 when Ant-Man defeated Brendan Idol by pinfall with an Antidote. E+ (31)

Tag Title Match

Not Desperate Housewives v Ted Brady & Sally Anne Christianson

Tresanya was not having a good night, and the match overall was not one of the better ones. Not Desperate Houswives defeated Ted Brady and Sally Anne Christianson in 6:27 when Tresanya Shandel defeated Sally Anne Christianson by pinfall. E (27)

After the win, the girls celebrated with some sexy dancing. C- (58) They don't always put on great matches, but they can get the crowd going. ;)

Paranoia v Panda Mask II

Squish. Panda Mask II defeated Paranoia in 5:03 by pinfall with a Pandamonium. E (23)

Tracy then came out to promise that tonight she'd reclaim her world title by defeating Nate. D- (40)

Paradox v The Tic

The real Paradox is how this guy manages to stay on my roster. The Tic defeated Paradox in 4:34 by pinfall. E (27)

Haley then came out with Eric to promote him as the next big wrestler in the promotion. E+ (30)

Eric Freer v Mark Smart

The crowd was up for this match, but it wasn't all that good. Eric Freer defeated Mark Smart in 5:36 by pinfall. E (27)

Another strong match from Kashmir as he defeats the former main eventer. Kashmir Singh defeated Christy Higgins in 6:53 by submission with a Bombay Duck. D- (39)

Ernest didn't want to lose to Jared, but finally agreed to take the fall. Jared Johnson defeated Ernest Youngman in 9:08 by pinfall. D (44)

FTW World Title Match

Tracy gets the win here. (but I forgot to make it for the title. L ) Tracy Brendon defeated Nate Johnson in 12:24 by pinfall with an Idaho Crunch. D+ (48)

One of the best events ever put on by FTW. D (44). Won't move us up in the regional battle, but with 2 increases in popularity we should see some movement this month. Worker costs were another $14,756

Prediction Scoring for FTW Trick or Beat

HydeHill 7/8

Astil 7/8

Phreak 100/119

Jaded 108/153

HydeHill 91/119

Occasional Z 87/101

Boltinho 24/32

Astil 19/25

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((Gyde, my plan when using FictionPlus will be to keep it simple. I have to say I'm impressed with Jingo and his dynasty for SAW, but that one is a bit more colorful than I plan to make mine.

.))

Monday, Week 1, November 2012.

Financial losses were only $10,285. The promotion still has $97,848 in the bank. There will be 2 shows in December.

Friday, Week 1, November 2012

The Stomper's contract expired. I would have liked to have kept him around, but his contract just ate into the profits a bit too much.

The card for November's event. FTW Harvest Brawl is out.

Tag Title Match

Not Desperate Housewives v Insect Bite

Tag match

Paratroops v Rough Custom

Kinuye V Kashmir

Brendan v Ted

Christy v Sally Anne

Jared v Tic

Eric v Tracy

FTW World Title

Nate v Ernest

Tag Title Match

Tag match

Kinuye V Kashmir

Brendan v Ted

Christy v Sally Anne

Jared v Tic

Eric v Tracy

FTW World Title

Nate v Ernest

FTW Harvest Brawl 3

And backstage we had an interesting event as the almost permanent jobber Paranoia ran into Ernest and they started discussing Swedish Cinema. How that promotes bonding I don't know, but they have become closer.

At the start of the show Jen and Tre came down to cut a promo before their match. D (46)

Tag Title Match

The almost invisible manager for Insect Bite inserted herself into the match. The distraction was enough for Ant-man to get the pin and win the belts for the heels. Insect Bite defeated Not Desperate Houswives in 6:21 when Ant-Man defeated Jen Neptune by pinfall with an Antidote after Sienna DeVille interfered. E (28)

Tresanya wasn’t happy with the tactics used. While her team was celebrating in the ring, Tresanya grabbed Sienna and stripped her to her underwear before anyone could respond. E+ (33)

Tag match

The Paratroops got their first win in ages as Paranoia pinned Mark Smart. Paratroops defeated Rough Custom in 6:14 when Paranoia defeated Mark Smart by pinfall with a Freak Out. E (28)

Brendan v Ted

Ted gets the expected win here. Ted Brady defeated Brendan Idol in 4:07 by pinfall. E (28)

Eric and Tracy got into an argument backstage over who is going to win their match tonight. D (43)

Kinuye V Kashmir

Kashmir shows once again that he can get a good match out of anyone. Kashmir Singh defeated Kinuye Mushashibo in 4:05 by pinfall with a Cal-Cutter. E+ (33)

Christy v Sally Anne

Christy for the win here. Christy Higgins defeated Sally Anne Christianson in 4:02 by pinfall with a Florida Upswing. E (23) Worst match of the night though.

Eric v Tracy

Tracy went into her back of tricks to win this one. Tracy Brendon defeated Eric Freer in 6:44 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. D- (38)

Jared v Tic

Jared continued his destruction of the Insect Horde forcing The Tic to submit. Jared Johnson defeated The Tic in 6:50 by submission with a Carolina Crossface. D- (40)

Jared's celebration is cut short as Ant-man and Firefly come out an avenge their fallen friend. E (25)

FTW World Title

Nate v Ernest

It was a draw as the wrestlers brawled outside the ring until a double countout was called. Nate Johnson drew with Ernest Youngman in 15:20 following a double count out. D+ (48) Ernest was a complete pain here. I want the belt on Nate for a bit longer and Ernest wasn't going to accept anything other than a win. Even a draw got a complaint that he didn't look good enough. The difference in their overness in the SouthEast.. is 1 point. Nate at 39, Ernest at 40.

Still was a top 10 show as the fans left relatively happy. D (43) Worker costs were $12,774

Prediction Scoring for FTW Trick or Beat

HydeHill 6/8

Astil 5/8

Portius 4/7 (You didn't enter a prediction for the first match)

Phreak 100/119

Jaded 108/153

HydeHill 97/127

Occasional Z 87/101

Boltinho 24/32

Astil 24/33

Chad3590 11/14

Portius 4/7

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((The final match between Nate and Ernest threw everyone. Everyone knew who I wanted to have win it, but Ernest's attitude towards losing made me throw a wrench into that match.

Also sorry for no posts over the weekend and not upgrading to using FictionPlus as I planned. I spent the weekend fighting off a bad cold and didnt' accomplish what I wanted to in getting the worker pictures uplaoded to photo bucket..))

Monday, Week 1, December 2012

I lost the regional battle, but it was extremely close. MAW's best show was a D (46) to my D (43). If I can get another few points I might start moving into second in these things.

Finances are strong I made $7,060, which brings my accounts to over $104K. Plenty to hold 2 shows in December.

New one time show FTW Holidaze Fever is scheduled for Saturday of Week 2.

The card is ready.

Tag Match

Tag Title Match

Young Guns v Insect Bite

Paranoia v Ernest Youngman

Nate Johnson v Sally Anne

Paradox v Tracy

Eric Freer v Ted Brady

Jared Johnson v The Tic

Tag Title Match

Young Guns v Insect Bite

Paradox v Tracy

Eric Freer v Ted Brady

Jared Johnson v The Tic

I like the name of this card

Tag Match

Tag Title Match

Young Guns v Insect Bite

Paradox v Tracy

Eric Freer v Ted Brady

Jared Johnson v The Tic

...or basically what Hyde said, looking back. Hmm.

Tag Match

Tag Title Match

Young Guns v Insect Bite

Paradox v Tracy

Eric Freer v Ted Brady

Jared Johnson v The Tic

Tag Match

Tag Title Match

Young Guns v Insect Bite

Paradox v Tracy

Eric Freer v Ted Brady

Jared Johnson v The Tic

And tonight, for one time only. FTW presents Holidaze Fever

In front of 204 fans (good crowd, the prediction was only 183)

The night starts with Tre and Jen coming out. Jen uses the microphone to promise that the tag titles would soon be taken back from Insect Bite D (43)

Tag Match

Jen may have promised the titles back, but during this match she got involved in an argument with Ant-man who had shown up ringside. While she was distracted Tresanya was pinned. Rough Custom defeated Not Desperate Houswives in 6:57 when Panda Mask II defeated Tresanya Shandel by pinfall with a handful of tights. E (28)

Sienna then came out to hype the Insect Bite tagteam. E- (19)

Tag Title Match

Young Guns v Insect Bite

One of the better tag matches we've seen since Mr. Lucha III left the promotion. Insect Bite hold on to the titles. Insect Bite defeated Young Guns in 5:58 when Ant-Man defeated Kinuye Mushashibo by pinfall with an Antidote. D- (36)

Backstage, Nate Johnson and Ernest Youngman get involved in a brawl. E+ (35)

Paradox v Tracy

Tracy Brendon defeated Paradox in 4:10 by pinfall with an Idaho Crunch. E (28)

Ernest Youngman defeated Paranoia in 5:23 by pinfall with The Hit. D- (37) Ernest's contract is almost up and I don't think I can resign him now, but he can still put on good matches, even as angry as he is.

Haley came out to hype Eric's upcoming match against Ted. E (28)

Eric Freer v Ted Brady

I can't remember if I knew about it, but Eric and Ted have good chemistry. The problem is that Ted hates losing to Eric. Tonight, Ted gets the win only because Eric is counted out. Ted Brady defeated Eric Freer in 4:51 by count out. E+ (34)

I knew that this couldn't be the last match of the night. Hopefully it helped both wrestlers overness just a little. Nate Johnson defeated Sally Anne Christianson in 4:09 by pinfall with a Natural Order. E+ (34)

Kashmir is probably my most consistent wrestler. Another D match with him involved. Kashmir Singh defeated Christy Higgins in 10:14 by pinfall with a Cal-Cutter. D (45)

Jared Johnson v The Tic

Jared wasn't at the top of his game and still this was the match of the night. Jared Johnson defeated The Tic in 12:12 by submission with a Carolina Crossface. D+ (47) Will the Insect Horde ever take down Jared?

Jared celebrated his win as the night ended. E+ (35)

Angles, angles, angles. I'm not getting good scores on angles. But the show ended with some good matches. D (42) Worker costs of $12,360. Not bad and we have another show at the end of the month to help raise popularity. Currently the popularity is at 21. I need about 33 to get to regional.

Archived