Tag Team Title Match

Not Desperate Housewives v Smart and Happy

No chance

Eric Freer v Mr Lucha III

Lucha is good, worth giving him a shot against Nate

Paranoia] v KC Glenn

Glenn should always win against this level of opponent

Christy Huggins v Ant-Man

Don't really know Chrissy but Ant Man is firmly stuck in the midcard at this point

Paradox v Jared Johnson

Like Glenn, Johnson is too good for the majority of the roster

Nate Johnson [c] v Ted Brady - FTW World Title

Too soon for a change

<p>((Welcome back to predicting Occasional. I was wondering where you've been hiding.</p><p> </p><p>

Funny thing I agree with you about how my roster has ended up becoming a small core of hain events and then mostly jobbers. I haven't made the best of hires. Especially at this point. I'd like to think things improve over the next year, but its pretty slow.))</p>

<p>Panda Mask II v <strong>Amazing Firefly</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Brendan Idol v<strong> Thea Davis</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Title Match</p><p>

Not Desperate Housewives v <strong>Smart and Happy</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Eric Freer</strong> v Mr Lucha III</p><p> </p><p>

Paranoia v <strong>KC Glenn</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Christy Huggins v<strong> Ant-Man</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Paradox v <strong>Jared Johnson</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Nate Johnson [c] </strong>v Ted Brady - FTW World Title</p>

<p>One word: YIKES. My predictions, particularly regarding the tag matches, were terrible. Heres hoping this round goes a little better:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Panda Mask II</strong> v Amazing Firefly</p><p>

<em>And before I forget to predict the opener again, I'd expect that Panda will go over. Nice little pop boosting match for AFF.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Brendan Idol</strong> v Thea Davis</p><p>

<em>Guaranteed to be at least a solid match. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Not Desperate Housewives</strong> v Smart and Happy</p><p>

<em>I dunno, I didn't think either of these teams were gonna make it, I'll say NDH take it.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Eric Freer</strong> v Mr Lucha III</p><p>

<em>A good training match for your UC, and it'll help build up Luchas pop.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Paranoia v<strong> KC Glenn</strong></p><p>

<em>KCG for the win.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Christy Huggins</strong> v Ant-Man</p><p>

<em>Huggins wins, Ant goes off on another tirade about women in wrestling.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Paradox v <strong>Jared Johnson</strong></p><p>

<em>JJ goes over in this one.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nate Johnson [c]</strong> v Ted Brady - FTW World Title</p><p>

<em>As much as it pains me to vote against Brady, he'll at least make Johnson look good in defeat.</em></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mvargus" data-cite="mvargus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33838" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>((Welcome back to predicting Occasional. I was wondering where you've been hiding.<p> </p><p> Funny thing I agree with you about how my roster has ended up becoming a small core of hain events and then mostly jobbers. I haven't made the best of hires. Especially at this point. I'd like to think things improve over the next year, but its pretty slow.))</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks, just not had any internet time last couple of days.</p><p> </p><p> I think your hires have been fine - you've started with the lesser lights to keep in your budget then have replaced them with better wrestlers once you've gained more money and popularity. That's a sensible approach.</p>

<p>And now from FTW's new arena in front of 142 screaming fans, we bring you FTW Raging Bonfire 2011 (and I thought it would take longer to fill the new arena. It might have been a waste of money.)</p><p> </p><p>

As the fans still found their seats the backstage area got a lift as Jonathan Taylor showed no malice towards the decision to allow his brother's contract to end and spent an hour telling road stories to amuse the others. </p><p> </p><p>

Panda Mask II v Amazing Firefly</p><p>

In a battle of the masked wrestlers Panda continued to tack on the Firefly's losing streak. Panda Mask II defeated Amazing Fire Fly in 3:33 by pinfall with a Pandamonium. <strong>E (25)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

After the match a video of the locker room is shown. Christy is seen nervously fidgeting in front of a locker. Eric comes by and talks to her, working on getting her relaxed by talking a bit about Ant-man's weaknesses. <strong>E (27)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Brendan Idol v Thea Davis</p><p>

Thea and Brendan are two wrestlers that look great facing each other and managed a solid match. It looked like Thea might win this one, but in desperation Brendan got a chair from under the ring and used it to knock her out. Brendan Idol defeated Thea Davis in 4:47 by pinfall after using a foreign object. <strong>E (23)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Not Desperate Housewives v Smart and Happy</p><p>

The girls proved that they work well together and they defeated Smart and Happy to take the tag titles. Not Desperate Houswives defeated Smart and Happy in 8:16 when Tresanya Shandel defeated Mark Smart by pinfall. Not Desperate Houswives win the FTW Tag Title titles. <strong>E (27)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

After the match Jen and Tre celebrate the win by dancing for the fans. <strong>C- (57)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Eric Freer v Mr Lucha III</p><p>

The duo put on a great match. Just when it looked like Eric might get a clean win KC Glenn came rushing out of the back and attacked him. Eric Freer defeated Mr. Lucha III in 8:24 when Mr. Lucha III was disqualified when KC Glenn ran in and attacked Eric Freer. <strong>E+ (35)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

As the bell rings to indicate the win for Eric by DQ, KC continues his assault finally leaving after Eric is knocked out in the corner of the ring. <strong>E- (17)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Paranoia v KC Glenn</p><p>

Nothing special here. KC managed the easy win. KC Glenn defeated Paranoia in 3:48 by pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band. <strong>E+ (31)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

After the match, a shot of backstage is shown. Nate Johnson has a microphone and proceeds to taunt KC, telling him that his performance against Paranoia shows everyone why he isn't the one holding the FTW title anymore, and that he's going to show just how a win is accomplished later tonight. <strong>E+ (33)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Paradox v Jared Johnson</p><p>

Another predictable match as Jared gets the win. Jared Johnson defeated Paradox in 10:29 by pinfall with a MDK Powerbomb. <strong>E (26)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Christy Huggins v Ant-Man</p><p>

Jared came out to help his stablemate Ant-man, but it wasn't enough as the newest maineventer in the promotion managed the win. Christy Higgins defeated Ant-Man in 7:09 by pinfall with a Florida Upswing. <strong>E (28)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Nate Johnson v Ted Brady – FTW World Title</p><p>

It was the best match of the night, but not good enough to land in the top 10 list. Ted is proving to have a problem with a match of any length. Nate got the expected victory. Nate Johnson defeated Ted Brady in 6:43 by pinfall with a Natural Order. <strong>E+ (34)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Well, it wasn't a great show, but it was better than it could have been. <strong>E+ (33)</strong> Worker costs were $12,846. Ticket sales were a record $710. The previous record was $340.</p>

<p>Prediction Scoring - FTW Raging Bonfire 2011</p><p>

Phreak 8/8</p><p>

Occasional_Z 7/8</p><p>

jaded 4/8</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Prediction Scoreing - through 18 events</p><p> </p><p>

Phreak 77/92</p><p>

Occasional Z 66/75</p><p>

Boltinho 20/25</p><p>

Jaded 26/45</p><p>

Chad3590 11/14</p><p>

Tiberious4 4/5</p><p>

Eidenhoek 2/4</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

((thanks again for participating. It helps remind me that people are reading and enjoing this diary.))</p>

<p>Monday, Week 1, August 2011</p><p> </p><p>

Merchandise sales were down to 1,600. The month was still profitable bringing in $2,448 and bringing the bank account to just above $50,000. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Wednesday, Week 3, August 2011</p><p> </p><p>

EWA grew to regional size and hired Joey Beauchamp away from UEW. UEW is now looking for a new booker. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Card for August's event – FTW No Breaks is up</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Tag match</p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Panda Mask II & Eric Freer</span></strong><strong> v </strong><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Mr. Lucha III & Thea Davis</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Jen Neptune</span></strong><strong> v </strong><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Mark Smart</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Tag Match</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Paratroops</span></strong><strong> v </strong><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Insect Bite</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Brendan Idol</span></strong><strong> v </strong><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Jared Johnson</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Tresanya Shandel</span></strong><strong> v </strong><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">KC Glenn</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Christy Huggins</span></strong><strong> v </strong><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Ted Brady</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Nate Johnson</span></strong><strong> v</strong><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;"> Happy Elwood</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

-----------------</p><p> </p><p>

Tuesday, Week 4, August 2011</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Thea Davis had her knee shattered while performing for 5SSW</span>. She's out for a year. Due to this, the planned tag match has become a handicap match and a replacement wrestler will need to be hired.</p>

<p>Tag match</p><p>

<strong>Panda Mask II & Eric Freer </strong>v Mr. Lucha III - With Thea injured, the 2-on-1 should make this an easy win for your UC.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jen Neptune</strong> v Mark Smart - Smart's a jobber.</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Match</p><p>

<strong>Paratroops </strong>v Insect Bite - I love the Paras!</p><p> </p><p>

Brendan Idol v<strong> Jared Johnson</strong> - Jared deserves a reward for being in your best-ever match recently. </p><p> </p><p>

Tresanya Shandel v <strong>KC Glenn</strong> - Glenn doesn't lose this.</p><p> </p><p>

Christy Huggins v <strong>Ted Brady</strong> - Losing to Christy would really be something for him to complain about.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nate Johnson </strong>v Happy Elwood - Nate's your champion, don't see him losing for a while yet, whether the title's on the line or not.</p>

<p><strong>Panda Mask II & Eric Freer</strong> v Mr. Lucha III & Thea Davis</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jen Neptune</strong> v Mark Smart</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Match</p><p>

Paratroops v <strong>Insect Bite</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Brendan Idol v <strong>Jared Johnson</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Tresanya Shandel v <strong>KC Glenn</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Christy Huggins v <strong>Ted Brady</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nate Johnson</strong> v Happy Elwood</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

btw that higher attendance is because an owned stadium is an automatic hotspot, don't know how long it will take to outgrow it though. Anyway kutgw and I like the simple style as it allows you to cover ground fast which is perfect for these types of dynasties. Kind of reminds me of the welcome to the coastal zone's.</p>

Panda Mask II & Eric Freer v Mr. Lucha III & Thea Davis

Davis or no Davis, Panda and Freer are gonna take this one

Jen Neptune v Mark Smart

Theres no way Smart is gonna shed his JOB boy status just yet

Tag Match

Paratroops v Insect Bite

I've been wrong about these two before, but with some underhanded tactics/Interference, the Hoard takes it.

Brendan Idol v Jared Johnson

Maybe not cleanly, but JJ takes this one

Tresanya Shandel v KC Glenn

Tres is good and on the upswing, but KCG will remain the man to beat.

Christy Huggins v Ted Brady

Again, hate to go against Brady, but Huggins seems to be getting the push, while Brady will likely remain a gatekeeper.

Nate Johnson v Happy Elwood

Elwood has been nothing but solid thus far, yet still, Johnson retains

FTW – No Breaks II

The show opened in front of 142 screaming fans.

Handicap match

Panda Mask II & Eric Freer v Mr. Lucha III

Mr. Lucha put on a great fight, but eventually was worn down by the duo who announced before the match that they were forming a tag team called "We Journeyed Far" We Journeyed Far defeated Mr. Lucha III in 6:58 when Eric Freer defeated Mr. Lucha III by pinfall. E+ (35)

After the bout, Eric and Panda shook hands and offered to watch each others back against the heels in the organization. E (28)

Jen Neptune w/ Tresanya Shandel v Mark Smart

Not much to say in this match. It looked a lot better than previous meetings between these two midcarders, and this time Mark got a rare win after grabbing the back of Jen's tights. Mark Smart defeated Jen Neptune in 4:10 by pinfall with a handful of tights. E- (18) We did see that Tresanya has grown as a manager and worked well with Jen during the match

Tag Match

Paratroops v Insect Bite

Jared came down to distract Paradox and while his partner was outside the ring arguing with the main eventer, Amazing Fire Fly managed a quick cradle for the pin. Insect Bite defeated Paratroops in 7:53 when Amazing Fire Fly defeated Paranoia by pinfall with a quick roll up. E (23)

Jared then mocks the new alliance formed by Panda and Eric, telling him that there already is a dominant alliance in the program and that he leads it. Ant-man and Firefly join hands with him as he rants. E+ (29)

Brendan Idol v Jared Johnson

As expected a solid match between the 2 dependable wrestlers. Jared Johnson defeated Brendan Idol in 9:32 by pinfall. D- (36)

Jen comes down leading Tresanya, Jen notes that while the next match is not for the Tag titles, Tresanya is facing one of the top wrestlers in the organization and that she is because she's working towards the top. She tells people to watch Tresanya as she makes her way to the main event. E (27)

Tresanya Shandel v KC Glenn

Tresanya was a little off during the match, but the crowd got into the match and KC did a good job of appearing to struggle a bit. Jen also played around, managing to distract the main eventer, but KC wasn't going to lose and finally rolled up Tresanya and grabbed the ropes for leverage and the three count. KC Glenn defeated Tresanya Shandel in 9:43 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics E+ (34)

Christy Huggins v Ted Brady

Ted can't do long matches because of his lack of stamina, but didn't look all that good in this short match either. Christy Higgins defeated Ted Brady in 4:17 by pinfall with a Florida Upswing. E (27)

Ted grabs the microphone after the match. He tells Jen and Tre that they might think they are something special, but until one of them can defeat him, they'll always just be little girls. They should go off and play with dolls rather than pretend to be wrestlers. E- (18)

Nate Johnson v Happy Elwood – FTW World Title

Not great wrestling, but the crowd got into the match. Nate Johnson defeated Happy Elwood in 9:45 by pinfall with a Natural Order. D- (36)

Strangely despite a better main event than July this show was rated just a bit lower. E+ (32) There was a complaint that some of the angles weren't as good as the wrestling. Worker costs were $12,358.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prediction Scoring - FTW No Breaks II

Phreak 7/7

Jaded 5/7

HydeHill 5/7

Prediction Scoreing - through 19 events

Phreak 84/99

Occasional Z 66/75

Boltinho 20/25

Jaded 31/52

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

HydeHill 5/7

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

(I did find out something that explained part of my troubles. I decided to take a look at the product I'm running. When I set it up I balanced it so that performance would be equal to popularity. Well, Gil made some changes, kicking the comedy up to medium and dropping the modern to low. The promotion is now all about popularity. And he won't let me change it back.))

Monday, Week 1, September 2011

Merchandise sales bounced back and the promotion made over $7,000 in August. Financially the promotion is stronger than ever before.

Wednesday, Week 1, September 2011

Hired a replacement for Thea Davis. Tracy Brendan was talked into coming to FTW. She's autopushing as a main event heel.

The card for FTW Drive by Bashing has been released.

Tag Match

Paratroops (Paranoia & Paradox) v Insect Bite (Ant-man & Amazing FireFly)

Eric Freer v Mr. Lucha III

Tag Match – Tag Team Title

Not Desperate Housewives (Tresanya & Jen) v Ted Brady and Happy Elwood.

Brendan Idol v Tracy Brendan

Christy Huggins v Mark Smart

Panda Mask II v Jared Johnson

Nate Johnson v KC Glenn – FTW World Title

Tag Match

Paratroops (Paranoia & Paradox) v Insect Bite (Ant-man & Amazing FireFly) - Paras 4 Ever!

Eric Freer v Mr. Lucha III - UC stays strong.

Not Desperate Housewives (Tresanya & Jen) v Ted Brady and Happy Elwood. - No point in jobbing them straight away.

Brendan Idol v Tracy Brendan - Can't see Tracy losing first out.

Christy Huggins v Mark Smart - Can't see Mark winning any time out.

Panda Mask II v Jared Johnson - If I can't pick, I go for the guy who doesn't have a stupid mask.

Nate Johnson v KC Glenn – FTW World Title - Draw. This is likely to be your best ever match, may as well got straight to a rematch.

You can either change Thomas's personality to allow changes or use the editor to do the changes and hope you don't go too far that it alienates customers.

In the interest of fairness you listed me as having predicted a perfect 7/7 for the last card. I in fact only got 6/7. Didnt see Smart picking up a win by a long shot.

They won last time around, so why not?

Freer takes the win over Lucha.

Elwood is solid, Brady has been sub par, but I love him. Champs retain in their first defense.

As much as I think Idol should win, a solid debut for Brendan...Tracey that is.

Okay, Smart CANT possibly win this one....

JJ takes this one, to further stick it to PM and Freer.

Should be an excellent rematch. Johnson retains.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, its time for Full Throttle Wrestling's Drive by Bashing II - in front of 134 fans.

The night opens with a video of Jared talking to Ant-man and Firefly. He reminds them that they as a group are supposed to be dominating the promotion and that the tag belts should be around their waists. A team like the Paratroops must be nothing more than a distraction. E (28)

Tag Match

Not a great match as Firefly gets an opportunity to apply the pin. Insect Bite defeated Paratroops in 6:24 when Amazing Fire Fly defeated Paranoia by pinfall with a Sky High Fire Fly. E- (21)

A long match for poor Eric, who is still building stamina, but also one of the better matches the promotion has produced. Mr. Lucha has been an excellent addition to the roster. Eric Freer defeated Mr. Lucha III in 7:32 by pinfall. D- (37)

Jakki halted Eric's exit from the ring and then extolled the crowd about how her man would be moving up in the world and competing for the main event in the near future. E (26)

In one of those matches that frustrated the booker the current champs retained their titles. Not Desperate Houswives defeated Happy Elwood and Ted Brady in 5:49 when Tresanya Shandel defeated Ted Brady by pinfall E- (22) The frustration was due to Happy deciding that he didn't want to lose to a midcarder and begging me to change the booking.

After the match Ted and Happy took their revenge and beat down the tag champs in the ring. F+ (14)

Sadly, Brendan and Tracy proved to be a pairing with no chemistry. However, even with the poor chemistry they pulled out a decent match. Tracy Brendon defeated Brendan Idol in 5:01 by pinfall with an Idaho Crunch. E (28)

And we have a squash. Christy Higgins defeated Mark Smart in 3:45 by pinfall with a Florida Upswing. E+ (29)

Building up towards the main event we had two of the better wrestlers put on a show and the best match of the night up to this point. Jared Johnson defeated Panda Mask II in 8:50 by pinfall. D- (37)

After coming to the ring Nate and KC engage in a stare down. It gets intense enough that the locker room empties to separate them so that the announcements regarding the match can be made. E (28)

And this match was a clear winner. Nate Johnson defeated KC Glenn in 16:10 by pinfall with a Natural Order. D+ (48)

The night was a complete success, especially after the final bout. The D (41) rating was the best ever. Worker costs were $13,703.

Prediction Scoring - FTW Drive by Bashing II

Phreak 7/7

HydeHill 6/7

Jaded 5/7

Prediction Scoreing - through 20 events

Phreak 91/106

Occasional Z 66/75

Boltinho 20/25

Jaded 36/59

Chad3590 11/14

HydeHill 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((Hyde, I can understand your idea of going into the editor to change the product, but I've decided to struggle through with what I have. I've probably learned more about how to successfully book in this game than I have in many others. I doubt I can get FTW to National and succeed in the RTG quest, but I'm having quite a bit of fun seeing what I can do. Except when workers decide that they should be allowed to controlt he booking. I really hate when a worker won't lose to another worker with the same level of push.

Phreak, good catch on my error. I even missed that. That has to be the only single's match Mark has won for FTW, and I'm simmed through November of 2012 now.))

Monday, Week 1, October 2011

Merchandise sales were down slightly and with the use of a few more expensive workers, the promotion only made $4,968 for September.

A booking decision was made to change Nate Johnson's gimmick to Fan Favorite. He debuted with no gimmick and its clear this is holding him back. Unfortunately, this means he'll miss FTW Trick or Beat 2

The card for FTW Trick or Beat 2 is out

Tag Match

Paratroops v Smart & Happy

Jen Neptune v Amazing FireFly

Tresanya Shandel v Mr. Lucha III

Eric Freer v KC Glenn

Brendan Idol v Ted Brady

Christy Huggins v Tracy Brendon

Paratroops v Smart & Happy - Sooner or later, they win.

Tresanya Shandel v Mr. Lucha III - NSDH to win one, lose one.

Eric Freer v KC Glenn - Your UC is far more useful long term than Glenn is.

Panda Mask II v Jared Johnson - JJ squash!

Brendan Idol v Ted Brady - Brady's pretty awful.

Christy Huggins v Tracy Brendon - I think she'll be getting a big push.

Yuk

Gulf in class

He da man

Eric Freer v KC Glenn

KCG is about your best

Indie king

Brendan Idol v Ted Brady

Great performer for you

I'm guessing. The paratroops have given me the most trouble in my predictions

AFF wins. Likely with Ant Man or JJ's help. This will add some fuel to the fire that is the upcoming title match.

Tres recovers some momentum for her team

Eric Freer v KC Glenn

A win over KCG would be tremendous for Freer, but I don't think thats in the cards.

JJ cant be beat.

Brendan Idol v Ted Brady

Err, this is a tough one to call. Idol has easily been one of your more consistent performers AND HE STILL HAS YET TO HAVE HIS REMATCH!

Easily THE hardest match to call of the night. Huggins has been on a streak, Brendon had a very strong debut. I'll give the edge to Huggins.

Archived