Jen Neptune w Tresanya Shandel v Super Sonic

Sonic is jobbing from now on

Paranoia v New York Red

Red is kept fairly strong

Happy Elwood v Jared Johnson

Is Idol a face? If so, I would have JJ win

Is Idol a face? If so, I would have JJ win

I try to make it easy. I use blue for faces and red for heels. I also will usually list faces first in cards. So to answer the question. "yes, Idol is a face."

sadly, at this point, JJ has almost no momentum in the company, his debut flopped.

I try to make it easy. I use blue for faces and red for heels. I also will usually list faces first in cards. So to answer the question. "yes, Idol is a face."

sadly, at this point, JJ has almost no momentum in the company, his debut flopped.

D'oh! Sorry man, should have noticed that!

I would still give JJ the win, but I'm biased :)

FTW No Breaks opened in front of 12 Fans

Brendan Idol [c] v Paradox – FTW World Title

In an extremely poor match, Brendan Idol defeated Paradox in 6:24 by pinfall with an Idolizer. E (24)

Jen and Tre came out. Jen ranted about how the men were now playing pranks in the locker room and clearly trying to make the two girls miserable. She vowed that together they will clean up the promotion, even if they have to wrestle every man in the promotion to prove they belong. E+ (35)

Jen Neptune w Tresanya Shandel v Super Sonic

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Jen Neptune defeated Super Sonic in 5:40 by pinfall with a roll up. F (9) Well, I expected the match to be poor, but it ended up tied for worst match ever.

Eric Freer v Roger Montiero

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Eric Freer defeated Roger Monteiro in 5:54 by pinfall. F+ (16) And Roger continues his pattern of being involved in some of the worst matches in the promotion.

After the match Jared came out and demanded a shot at Brendan for the title. Instead Happy Elwood came out and said he'd be happy to face the newcomer in the ring. E (28)

Paranoia v New York Red

In an extremely poor match, New York Red defeated Paranoia in 7:37 by pinfall with a Brooklyn Bridge. F+ (12) Right after 2 bad matches, this duo goes out to prove they can be equally bad. The low average overness of the workers hurts show ratings quite a bit

As New York Red was walking out he ran into Happy, the duo stared at each other until the other wrestlers pulled them apart. E- (18)

In a bout that had a good crowd but featured terrible wrestling, Jared Johnson defeated Happy Elwood in 8:35 by pinfall. E (26)

It wasn't the worst show but it was still a bit disappointing E (23) The worker cost for the night was $3737

Prediction Scoring - through 8 events

Chad3590 5/5

Boltinho 4/4

Occasional Z 29/33

Phreak 21/25

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

----

((I do hope people are enjoying reading this. Honestly, I'm learning quite a bit about how not to book a promotion while struggling through getting the promotion over. I should have set it up so performance trumped popularity.))

Monday, Week 1, September 2010. Contracts will start running out shortly. Meanwhile sponsor money was down slightly and the promotion only made $71 for the month. It's not enough to allow hiring another good worker.

Also received notice that Tasuku Iesada has been fired from BHOTWG from his position of head booker.

Decided that I'll accept losing money for a while and hired KC Glenn a new wrestler who started sending his resume around on September 1, he's going to debut as an upper midcard heel with a grunge rocker gimmick.

The card for September's event – FTW Drive by Bashing has been set

Ben Williams v Jared Johnson

Eric Freer v Ant-Man

Paradox v KC Glenn

Brendan Idol [c] v Super Sonic

Happy Elwood v New York Red

If Johnson loses to Williams, I'm reporting you to the TEW police.

Eric Freer v Ant-Man

A tough one, but Ant Man is worthy of a push

Paradox v KC Glenn

Easy win for Glenn. Not sure about his grunge gimmick though.

Sonic's punishment continues

Elwood is on big money, may as well push him.

JJ continues his push for the title

Eric Freer v Ant-Man

UC for the win

Paradox v KC Glenn

Excellent hire in KCG. Strong debut with this one

Idol retains, Sonic does the J-O-B

Elwood needs to get some heat back after losing to JJ.

FTW Drive by Bashing – a massive 17 people in attendance.

The show started early as in a warm-up KC Glenn came out and faced Roger Montiero

KC Glenn defeated Roger Monteiro in 3:28 by pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band. E- (22)

After that the show went straight to another match.

Jared Johnson v Ben Williams

Jared Johnson defeated Ben Williams in 3:32 by pinfall. E (24)

After that Jared turned to the announcers table to again demand a title shot. Gil got up and told him to get with the program or he'd pay. E (26)

Eric Freer v Ant-man

In a terrible match that had some truly awful wrestling, Ant-Man defeated Eric Freer in 6:54 by pinfall with an Antidote. F+ (16)

Gil then announced the latest official addition as he had KC Glenn come down to the ring. E- (22)

KC Glenn V Paranoia

In an extremely poor match, KC Glenn defeated Paranoia in 8:16 by pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band. E+ (30)

Happy then opened up with a promo to rant about the situation in the locker room and the changes occurring. E (26)

Brendan Idol v Super Sonic

In a bout that had a good crowd but featured terrible wrestling, Brendan Idol defeated Super Sonic in 8:19 by pinfall with an Idolizer. E- (22)

In a bout that had a good crowd but featured terrible wrestling, Happy Elwood defeated New York Red in 7:35 by pinfall. E- (19)

Lousy, lousy, lousy. Finally had another good match and its too early in the show. Final grade E- (20) Worker costs were $4488, the highest ever.

Monday, Week 1 October

Received the finance report for September, as expected lost money, but merchandising was very low and the loss was $815. The one good news was that a check of the promotions popularity revealed that we are now known to 5% of the people in the South East. Attendance and ticket prices will go up slightly.

Also going to be allowing 2 workers to leave the promotion. I did not offer to renew their contracts.

Leaving are

Ben Williams - he was a negative influence in the locker room and had the worst stamina in the entire organization. He leaves with a 1-0-4 record with an average performance of F+ (14) and a high of E (24). He leaves no more popular than when he began at 4.

Super Sonic – another negative personality in the locker room, he became extra after the hiring of Jared Johnson and KC Glenn to be the new main event heels. He leaves with a 1-0-7 record an average match rating of E- (19) and a best of 32 (E+). He saw his popularity in the region increase from 6 to 7.

And while most of the others agreed to no change in their contracts referee Jonathan Taylor demanded that his PPA contract increase to $400 from $200.

October's Card for FTW Trick or Beat is out

Eric Freer v New York Red

Paranoia v Ant-Man

Tresanya Shandel w Jen Neptune v Mark Smart

Brendan Idol [c] v Jared Johnson – FTW World Title

Happy Elwood v KC Glenn

Could go either way, but Red seems to be positioned a little further up the card and could use this bout as a way to get some momentum back after last shows loss

Paranoia v Ant-Man

Ant Man strikes again

I like Smart, but have a feeling he'll be job fodder in this bout

Another tough one to call. I'll say Idol wins. Keeps JJ chasing and allows KC a shot or two.

Happy Elwood v KC Glenn

Crap shoot. But if I guess Idol to retain I may as well guess that KC wins and puts himself in line for a crack at the title.

I'm from NY, can't root against my favorite worker in the company lol

Paranoia v Ant-Man

Maybe he is paranoid of Ants.

Mark won't be smart enough.

Idol is a good champ IMO.

Happy Elwood v KC Glenn

He will remain Happy. One day he must team with Angry Gilmore to make a team of conflicting personalities.

FTW Trick or Beat I – October event

In front of a crowd of 17 people the show went on.

The opening match was Eric Freer v New York Red. They traded offense for a while, but Eric came out on top. Eric Freer defeated New York Red in 6:39 by pinfall. The crowd seemed up for the match and it scored an E- (20) very good for a FTW opener.

After the match Eric grabbed a microphone and challenged KC Glenn saying that the new man needed to learn his place. KC came out from the back and said that a match was certainly acceptable, but his dance card was full for tonight and November so they'd have to face in December at FTW Season's Beatings. E (26)

Ant-Man v Paranoia in a first ever meeting between the two upper midcarders Ant-man got the win. Ant-Man defeated Paranoia in 5:33 by pinfall with an Antidote. The match scored a bit low F+ (16) but the duo showed great chemistry, something that has been hard to find for FTW wrestlers.

Next Jen Neptune and Tresanya Shandel came down for Tresanya's match. Jen took a few moments to use the microphone to flirt with Davis at the announcers table and to vamp Gil about how the ladies never seem to be in any important matches. Tresanya played along, even jumping into Gil's lap as the crowd roared. D- (36)

Tresanya Shandel v Mark Smart Well the girls can cut a promo, but Tresanya and Mark didn't click and the match suffered. Tresanya Shandel defeated Mark Smart in 6:11 by pinfall with a fast roll up. F+ (14)

Brendan Idol [c] v Jared Johnson. Jared finally got his title shot and looked strong, but Brendan caught him off balance and obtained the pin. Brendan Idol defeated Jared Johnson in 8:13 by pinfall with a roll up. E+ (30)

Happy Elwood v KC Glenn – The crowd ate this one up as the duo put on the best match FTW crowd have ever seen. KC Glenn defeated Happy Elwood in 10:28 by pinfall with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band. D- (37)

After the match KC Glenn used the microphone to brag about how no one else in the promotion is as good as he is. E+ (34)

It was a great night for FTW. They had a solid crowd and the show pulled in a E+ rating (34) Worker costs were $4465

Prediction Scoring - through 10 events

Boltinho 4/4

Occasional Z 34/38

Phreak 29/35

Chad3590 8/10

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

----

((thanks again for Phreak and Chad3590 for making predictions. It's nice to know that people are following this dynasty. I know its not as slickly written as others, but I'm still experimenting and finding my voice.))

Monday, Week 1, November 2010

Ouch, another month where the merchandise and miscellaneous funds didn't come in well. The promotion is down another $914. One more month like that and the shows will have to be cut back to 4 matches a night.

Sunday, Week 2, November 2010

Exodus 2010 announced that they are deep in debt and soon to go out of business. This will bring me back to the #37 rank the promotion had at the beginning. Since one of my owner goals is to have that improved by September 2012, I need to start improving my shows.

--------------------------

The card for FTW Harvest Brawl is out

Roger Montiero v Paradox

Eric Freer v Jared Johnson

Happy Elwood v Ant-Man

Brendan Idol [c] v KC Glenn – FTW World Title

Your very welcome. To tell you the truth, the fact that its not "slickly written" doesn't bother me in the least. Your diary is to the point and easy to keep up with. That's not a knock against other diary writers, I read a few from the shadows when I can. But find it hard to keep up with all the goings on. So, keep it up!

Roger Montiero v Paradox

There is NO WAY Roger gets a win until he steps up his game.

Tough one to call, but with a win last month, the fact that hes heading into a match with KCG, and JJ's ability to easily re-coup, I sense another loss in JJ's future.

Happy Elwood v Ant-Man

Edge to Happy

Idols time to shine, at least for now, is over. KC takes the strap and "proves to the world" (or the 15 odd people in attendance) that he is exactly as good as he says he is. This also makes his match with Freer matter all the more. And I'm guessing we can look forward to some more record setting title matches with Happy.

Don't worry about 'slick writing'. It's been a fun journey so far, makes me want to play a 0/0/0 game. Keep it up!

Roger Montiero v Paradox

Paradox is a little better I reckon

Don't make me ring the TEW police!

Happy Elwood v Ant-Man

Ant Man is better, but I think you will give the more over Elwood the win

K C Glenn is the best wrestler in the company hands down.

Saturday, Week 3, November 2010

Men of Steel Combat announced that they are deep in debt and unlikely to survive. This could allow me to achieve the critical owner goal of being better than #37 in the world, but new promotions opening would knock me back down. I have to have some better cards soon.

-------

FTW Harvest Brawl – in front of a new record attendance of 44 people.

The night opened when Gil Thomas demanded that Roger Montiero come out of the locker room and see him. Once Roger was at the announcer's table Gil berated the young wrestler and told him that if he wanted to get a bigger push he better get on the ball and play by Gil's Rules. Roger immediately pushed Gil, knocking him down and disappeared through the crowd. E (26) Roger has now turned face.

It was a wild and exciting match as both wrestlers put their all into putting on a good show. Jared came up with a narrow win over Eric. E+ (30) one of the best bouts ever for FTW.

After the match, Eric staggered over to the announcer's table and borrowed the microphone. He stated that even though he lost this night, he was still going to get a 3-count over KC next month at FTW Season's Beatings. E- (22)

Roger Montiero v Paradox

It proved to be a throwaway bout as neither wrestler impressed anyone. Paradox defeated Roger Monteiro in 6:35 by pinfall with a Paralyser. F (9) and a good match is followed by one of the worst matches ever.

Happy Elwood v Ant-Man

Not as good as the opening bout, but solid. Happy Elwood defeated Ant-Man in 9:55 by pinfall. E (25)

Next KC Glenn came out. He looked at the crowd and disdainfully told that that tonight Brendan's little reign as champion was going to come to an end. He was going to defeat him and take the title. E+ (32)

KC made good on his world with another solid match. KC Glenn defeated Brendan Idol in 12:03 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. KC Glenn wins the FTW World Title title. D- (40) and here we really did get the best match the promotion ever put on. KC was definitely a great hire.

Overall this show was quite good scoring an E+ (33), although FTW Trick or Beat in October is still the best show. With worker costs of only $3870, there is hope that this will prove to be a profitable month as well as a good one for increasing overness.

Prediction Scoring - through 11 events

Boltinho 4/4

Occasional Z 38/42

Phreak 32/39

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

----

((Nice to see that people are reading and enjoying this dynasty. I am trying to post a show a day, and I'm simmed well ahead of where I'm posting, so I should be able to keep this up for some time. Not sure I'll accomplish the Road to Glory goal of having Eric participate in an A+ rated match while wrestling for an FTW that's reached national or higher level. I have to start putting on C- and better matches first and right now D- is the best I've managed..))

Monday, Week 1, December 2010

Bleh, things didn't get better on the financial side. Merchandise and miscellaneous profits again failed to materialize and even the extra $100 from ticket sales wasn't enough. The promotion lost another $512 and now has only $1124 in the bank. Looks like another 4 match card for December.

Sunday, Week 2, December 2010

Exodus 2010 finally admitted that they could no longer pay their bills and shut down.

Thursday, Week 2, December 2010

All Canada Pro Wrestling has grown to small size, leaving Full Throttle Wrestling as the only local promotion left in the world. Not good for achieving the goal of getting to at least #36 in the world.

-----

The card for FTW Season's Beatings is out

Paranoia v Jared Johnson

Brendan Idol v Paradox

Eric Freer v KC Glenn [c] – FTW World Title

I wouldn't change the style much - if at all - from what you have at the moment. These kind of quick write-ups are perfect for a small fed, easy for readers to keep up with.

Predictions:

Elwood

Paranoia

Paradox

Glenn

Archived