Occasional Z 87/101

Boltinho 24/32

Jaded 69/104

HydeHill 55/70

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((Everyone missed the royal rumble, but got all the singles matches right.))

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monday, Week 1, May 2012.

Sales of merchandise were down slightly. A decision was made to use internet distribution of film of the match in an attempt to help build crowd attention. The promotion still made $2,404 in profit.

However, the bigger problem was that MAW and FCW both have reached 15 overness in the SouthEast which means that regional battles have started in the region. Both had better shows than FTW, and this bled some of the prestige the promotion has.

The card for the May 2012 event – FTW Full Throttle Mayhem has been published.

Tag Team Title Match

Eric Freer & Panda Mask II v Deliberate Damage [c]

Tresanya Shandel v The Tic

Jen Neptune v Kashmir Singh

Tag Match

Paratroops v Mr Lucha III & Sally Anne Christianson

Kinuye Mushashibo v Tracy Brendon

Brendan Idol v Jared Johnson

FTW World Title

Nate Johnson [c] v Ant-man

Christy Huggins v Ernest Youngman

((for some reason I had problems with the forums this morning, and couldn't post this before I left for work. I do apologize for the delay.

I also noticed that no one commented on the firing of Happy Elwood. :p ))

Tag Team Title Match

Tag Match

FTW World Title

Tag Match

FTW World Title

Friday, Week 4, May 2012

FTW Full Throttle Mayhem 3 opens in front of 117 fans.

The wrestling industry has been slowly falling in the US and is now at D- and still decaying. The economy is no better and definitely contributing to the struggling attendance levels.

Tag Team Title Match

Panda turned on Eric in the middle of the match, actually holding him on the ropes and contributing to Ted getting an easy victory. Deliberate Damage defeated We Journeyed Far in 5:55 when Ted Brady defeated Eric Freer by pinfall following a turn by Panda Mask II. E+ (30)

Haley climbed into the ring after the fight to help Eric to his feet. She screamed into the microphone that Panda's actions would not go unavenged. E- (21) She's one of my best on the microphone and can't seem to get good ratings.

The Stomper said this match had terrible wrestling, but the crowd indicated it was one of the better matches so far this year. The Tic defeated Tresanya Shandel in 7:13 by pinfall. D (41)

After the match Tresanya was climbing out of the ring when Ant-man ran out from the back. He grabbed her blouse and ripped it from her and then pulled her skirt off. An embarrassed Tresanya ran to the back. D (42) Cheesy, but good ratings for me.

Tag Match

Nothing special and ended as expected with Mr. Lucha getting the pin. Mr. Lucha III and Sally Anne Christianson defeated Paratroops in 5:55 when Mr. Lucha III defeated Paradox by pinfall with a Third Strike. E (26)

Squish. Kashmir Singh defeated Jen Neptune in 4:25 by pinfall with a Cal-Cutter. E+ (35)

Splat. Tracy Brendon defeated Kinuye Mushashibo in 3:33 by pinfall with an Idaho Crunch. E+ (29)

Tracy then gets the microphone and taunts Nate, saying that she has the title belt and isn't giving it up easily. D+ (51)

Jared was looking good in this match and looked like he would cruise to victory when Amazing Firefly came from the back and grabbed him as he bounced off the ropes. The attack cost Jared the match. Brendan Idol defeated Jared Johnson in 7:44 by pinfall with an Idolizer after being turned on by Amazing Fire Fly. E+ (33)

With Jared glaring at Firefly for his actions, the Tic and Ant-man come from behind and attack, quickly beating the former heel to the ground. E- (18)

Nate Johnson v Ant-man

Surprisingly not even close to the best match of the night. Nate Johnson defeated Ant-Man in 5:53 by pinfall with a Natural Order. E+ (35)

Ernest gave Christy a great matchup and the duo combined for the best match of the night. Ernest Youngman defeated Christy Higgins in 11:49 by pinfall with a quick cradle. D (42)

The angles weren't great, and I'm still in shock that Tresanya and The Tic combined for a 41 rating in a match. Overall the show scored a D- (38), way too low to help us win the regional battle I know is coming, but it should help with popularity and we hopefully will see some wrestlers go up in overness a bit. Worker costs were $14,333.

Prediction Scoring for FTW Spring Stampede

HydeHill 5/8

Jaded 4/8

Prediction Scoring - through 28 events

Phreak 100/119

Occasional Z 87/101

Boltinho 24/32

Jaded 73/112

HydeHill 60/78

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((I threw a bit of a twist as Jared ends up losing due to a run-in attack.

I should be back to posting on this diary every morning.))

Monday, Week 1, June 2012

Made $4,095 last month, bringing the bank account to $84,731. Solid, but need $16,000 more to get to the $100K Gil demands. Bigger issue is the regional battles. MAW and FCW both put on far better shows than I do, and the overness they bleed means that I'm not gaining overall overness. I've checked my wrestlers and I'm lucky to see 1-2 go up even a point each month. It's a struggle.

Bleh, Ernest Youngman had absolutely no interest from any of the major companies when his written contract with SWF ran out. But now that I've signed him and gotten a couple of good matches out of him everyone is making offers. I won't keep him.

Next event is FTW School's Out Bash 2012

The card

Tag Match

Young Guns (Brendan & Kinuye) v Insect Bite (Ant-man & Firefly)

Paradox v Kashmir Singh

Tag Title Match

Not Desperate Housewives (Tre & Jen) v Deliberate Damage (Ted & Smart) [c]

Paranoia v The Tic

Eric Freer v Panda Mask II

Christy Huggins v Mr. Lucha III

Jared Johnson v Ernest Youngman

World Title Match

Nate Johnson v Tracy Brendon [c]

Paradox v Kashmir Singh

Tag Title Match

Paranoia v The Tic

World Title Match

Friday, Week 4, June 2012 – FTW presents

FTW School's Out Bash 2012

With a crowd of only 110 people.

Well the back stage area ended up extremely well lubricated for the evening as both Brendan Idol and Sally Anne Christianson decided that no backstage should be without lots of liquor. I only hope the cleaning bill is small.

Tag Match

The opening match between the two tag teams got the crowd going. Insect Bite defeated Young Guns in 4:48 when Amazing Fire Fly defeated Kinuye Mushashibo by pinfall with a Sky High Fire Fly. E+ (33)

After the match Jared Johnson emerged from the locker room carrying a microphone. He was clearly upset about the attack the previous week and demanded an apology. Ant-man picked up a microphone and started insulting Jared saying that he was useless and that he found a better man to follow. The officials managed to push Jared back into the locker room to end the argument. D- (39)

Paranoia v The Tic

Predictable ending to this one. The Tic defeated Paranoia in 4:08 by pinfall. E (27)

The Tic picks up the microphone after his win. He starts to rant that Ant-man and Firefly are joining him in a new alliance determined to take over the promotion, and that to start they will be destroying Jared. He openly mocks Jared's ability. Jared comes out and says he can prove that in July at the next show. D- (40)

Tag Title Match

The fans got into this even if the wrestling wasn’t very good. Not Desperate Houswives defeated Deliberate Damage in 7:04 when Tresanya Shandel defeated Mark Smart by pinfall with a fast roll up E (27)

After the win, the girls go into a sexy dance for the crowd, celebrating their win. C- (57)

Haley wasn't going to allow Panda to defeat her wrestler and grabbed the top rope to throw off the timing of an irish whip Panda was using. Eric turned the match around and got the pin. Eric Freer defeated Panda Mask II in 7:06 by pinfall after Haley Buck interfered. E+ (33)

Afterwards Haley used the microphone to rant about Panda's attack on Eric. She promised that Eric would continue to fight back and make Panda pay for his actions. E (25)

Paradox v Kashmir Singh

Not much to say. These 2 don't have chemistry, but they still had a decent match. Kashmir Singh defeated Paradox in 4:02 by pinfall with a Cal-Cutter. E+ (31)

Getting into the meat of the card. In a rematch from an early event Christy lost to Lucha when he used the ropes to gain some leverage on a pin attempt. Mr. Lucha III defeated Christy Higgins in 8:52 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. D- (37)

The Tic came out and ruined the match, causing Ernest to lose by DQ, in one of the best matches ever performed in the promotion. D+ (49)

World Title Match

Tracy wasn't happy to lose this match, but accepted the booking as Nate defeated her and regained his title. Nate Johnson defeated Tracy Brendon in 6:44 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. Nate Johnson wins the FTW World Title title. D (43)

And we have another good card and a D (43) rating. Not the best ever, but up there. Tracy is going to be upset about the booking for a while, but she was the one who demanded a title run, which means I have to take the title away so I can give it back to her. Worker costs were $13,987. Now we have to wait and see if we keep Ernest. He's definitely valuable, but will he stay?

HydeHill 5/8

Jaded 6/8

Prediction Scoring - through 31 events

Phreak 100/119

Jaded 79/120

HydeHill 65/86

Occasional Z 87/101

Boltinho 24/32

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((I know that this isn't as artistic as my newer RTG dynasty, but I'll probably keep this one in the current format..))

Performed the half-year quick analysis for the promotion

The bests and worsts for the last six months were

Best Match - D+ 52 (Nate Johnson v Ernest Youngman)

Worst best match for a wrestler – E+ (30) Ted Brady

Best Average Performance – Nate Johnson D (42)

Worst average performance –Sally Anne Christianson E (26)

Monday, Week 1, July 2012

Good profit last month despite the poor attendance as the company made $6,040 after merchandise sales were added up. Still waiting to see if we keep Ernest or not. He's signed one contract, but there are at least 2 more companies talking to him.

The card for FTW Raging Bonfire

Tag Match

Young Guns v Panda Mask II & Mark Smart

Tag Title Match

Not Desperate Housewives [c] v Insect Bite

Paradox v Ernest Youngman

Christy Huggins v Ted Brady

Eric Freer v Sally Anne Christianson

Jared Johnson v The Tic

Nate Johnson [c] v Mr. Lucha III

(Tracy Brendon, Paranoia and Haley Buck are all not appearing tonight due to gimmick changes.)

Tag Title Match

Not Desperate Housewives [c] v Insect Bite

Jared Johnson v The Tic

Nate Johnson [c] v Mr. Lucha III

FTW Raging Bonfire 2012

The night started with Jared and The Stomper bonding backstage due to a mutual love of Botany. I'm almost afraid to ask what kind of plants they grow in their spare time.

In front of 275 fans – a very good crowd for us.

Tag Match

Panda has the momentum after turning on Eric and he maintained it here, while using heel tricks to get the win. Panda Mask II and Mark Smart defeated Young Guns in 6:35 when Panda Mask II defeated Brendan Idol by pinfall with a handful of tights. E+ (30)

After the match while Panda was still in the ring, Eric walked out with the tag champions. He told Panda that it's interesting to see him back in tag matches after turning on him and costing the duo an opportunity at the titles. He suggested a rematch, but to protect his partner, it should be three on three, with Eric joining the tag champions to face Panda and 2 others. Panda accepted the challenge and promised to find partners. E- (21)

Tag Title Match

Not Desperate Housewives v Insect Bite

The Tic came out to help his fellow insect men, but his attempt to distract Tresanya failed and the champions held on. Not Desperate Houswives defeated Insect Bite in 5:51 when Tresanya Shandel defeated Ant-Man by pinfall. E+ (34)

Jared emerges from the backstage area to charge at the Tic while he's standing by the ring. The tic vanishes into the crowd so Jared grabs a microphone to complain about the cowardice of his enemy. E+ (29)

Squish Ernest Youngman defeated Paradox in 3:59 by pinfall with The Hit. E+ (32)

Squish Eric Freer defeated Sally Anne Christianson in 4:25 by pinfall. E- (20) Not a good match, but wasn't really expected to be any good.

Ted continued his cheating ways, but managed the win against the former main event face. Ted Brady defeated Christy Higgins in 3:55 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. E+ (30) - in a recent roster shakeup Jared was moved up to main event and Christy was dropped to upper midcard.

Nate is then seen backstage with the belt, talking about the promotion and his place in it. D+ (49)

Jared Johnson v The Tic

Jared ended up facing the whole stable as Ant-man and Amazing Firefly both came down to participate, but he fought through the distractions to force the Tic to tap out in a very rare submission ending. Jared Johnson defeated The Tic in 10:05 by submission with a Carolina Crossface. D- (37)

Nate Johnson v Mr. Lucha III

In a long bout that built up to a good finish, Nate defended his title. Nate Johnson defeated Mr. Lucha III in 19:26 by pinfall with a Natural Order. D (43)

Nate then celebrated his victory. D- (39)

By the ending I knew it wasn't going to be good enough, but the show finished with a D match. D- (39) rating overall though. I'll probably see no real gain after the regional battle damage comes in. Worker costs were $11,931

HydeHill 5/8

Jaded 6/8

Prediction Scoring - through 31 events

Phreak 100/119

Jaded 85/128

HydeHill 70/94

Occasional Z 87/101

Boltinho 24/32

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((I know that this isn't as artistic as my newer RTG dynasty, but I'll probably keep this one in the current format..))

Monday, Week 1, August 2012

Made $6,021 in July. Now less than $4,000 away from the $100K Gil wants in the bank. Money came in a bit faster than I expected.

Wednesday, Week 2, August 2012

OLLIE made Mr. Lucha III a written offer. He's left FTW. This did not come as a surprise and actually brings the promotion back into balance with equal numbers of faces and heels.

The card for FTW No Breaks

3 v 3 Match

Eric Freer, Jen Neptune & Tresanya Shandel v Panda Mask II, Mark Smart, Sally Anne Christianson

Paranoia v Ted Brady

Paradox v The Tic

Jared Johnson v Amazing Firefly

Brendan Idol v Ernest Youngman

Kinuye Mushashibo v Kashmir Singh

Christy Huggins v Tracy Brendon

Nate Johnson v Ant-man

Eric Freer, Jen Neptune & Tresanya Shandel v Panda Mask II, Mark Smart, Sally Anne Christianson

Paranoia v Ted Brady

Paradox v The Tic

Nate Johnson v Ant-man

Are the regional battles in your home region or the spillover regions? As If it is just spillover it shouldn't really effect your home region pop I think.

Are the regional battles in your home region or the spillover regions? As If it is just spillover it shouldn't really effect your home region pop I think.

OOC

the regional battles started after MAW got enough spillover in the South East to add a third small or regional promotion in the area with at least 15% overness. I don't have the overness in any other region to generate battles.

So the battles are occuring in my home region. (actually of the US regions, there are regional battles in 5-6 different regions every month. FCW, PSW, MAW, RIPW and NYCW are all big enough in multiple regions to generate battles )

I've found that an E+ show rating means that my promotion overness doesn't change at all in the month. If I only run 1 show I need at least a D- to see any improvement, and it will be minor.

3 v 3 Match

Paranoia v Ted Brady

Paradox v The Tic

Nate Johnson v Ant-man

Friday, Week 4, August 2012

Time for FTW No Breaks.

Attendance was down again as only 132 fans came to watch the show.

The night opened with Eric, Jen and Tre coming to the ring. Eric called out Panda again and the trio hyped their match. E- (20) Haley's gimmick change was a bit of a flop, it only got a 66 rating.

3 v 3 Match

Abut what I expected considering the relative levels of overness. Eric gets the win, and continues his feud with Panda. Eric Freer and Not Desperate Houswives defeated Panda Mask II, Mark Smart and Sally Anne Christianson in 8:59 when Eric Freer defeated Mark Smart by pinfall. E (28)

After the match Panda decides to do something to his former friend and attacks him, beating him down into the mat. F+ (16) Ouch! I knew it wouldn't be good, but that was lower than I expected.

Paranoia v Ted Brady

Squash. In an extremely short match, Ted Brady defeated Paranoia in 4:21 by pinfall. E (25) Interestingly the bigger problem was Paranoia's gimmick change. The fans hated it and gave it a 19. I've never seen one do that badly unless I brought the worker back too early.

Paradox v The Tic

Easy win for the Tic. The Tic defeated Paradox in 5:09 by pinfall. E+ (31)

The Tic then used a microphone to rant again about Jared, saying that the new insect empire is still working towards his destruction. D- (39)

Jared keeps playing bugkiller and takes out the firefly in a solid match. Jared Johnson defeated Amazing Fire Fly in 3:53 by pinfall with a MDK Powerbomb. D- (39)

After the match Jared takes a microphone and points out that he's now defeated two of the three members of Tic's insect empire and wonders if Ant-man is going to face him. Antman comes out from the locker room and says he'll be happy to take on Jared at FTW Drive by Bashing. D (44)

Kashmir once again has little trouble. Kashmir Singh defeated Kinuye Mushashibo in 3:45 by pinfall with a Cal-Cutter. D- (37)

A weaker match than I expected, but Tracy got the win. Tracy Brendon defeated Christy Higgins in 5:36 by pinfall with an Idaho Crunch. E+ (31) with another bad gimmick change as Tracy got only a 62 for a change to a "sexy teacher" gimmick.

Ernest is definitely impressing, but didn't do as well as I hoped. Ernest Youngman defeated Brendan Idol in 4:59 by pinfall with The Hit. E+ (35)

Nate Johnson v Ant-man

I thought these two could put on a decent show, but the fans were less than impressed. Nate Johnson defeated Ant-Man in 15:56 by pinfall with a Natural Order. D- (39)

Ugly results. This show was not good enough and we'll be losing overness once the regional battle effects kick in. E+ (35) Worker cost was $13,640

Prediction Scoring for FTW No Breaks

HydeHill 8/8

Jaded 7/8

Prediction Scoring - through 32 events

Phreak 100/119

Jaded 92/136

HydeHill 78/102

Occasional Z 87/101

Boltinho 24/32

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((thanks as always for warching this dynasty. I may start using Crayon's Fiction dynasty writing tool with this dynasty, although I'll admit that I haven't put as much thought into what would be said during angles as I might need. But with my other dynasty dying a rather confusing death I figure I'll have more time to put into making this one more exciting..))

Monday, Week 1, September 2012

Well, the accounts show that the promotion made $5,036 last month and now has over $100,000. Considering that a show costs about $13,000 to perform I'll wait a couple months before I host 2 in a month, but it looks like we'll be able to do that again shortly.

----

Tuesday, Week 1, September 2012

Achieved the critical goal of raising the promotion ranking from #37. True we were only at #36, but even one level counts. Now waiting to see what new torture Gil can come up with.

----

Wednesday, Week 1, September 2012

And Gil did exactly what I thought he'd do. The new goal gives me 32 months to reach Regional size. If I could spend a bit more I'd have no trouble, but in 16 months I have to have $100K in the bank, so I have to work hard for a while to build up the promotion as much as I can with mostly 1 show a month before I can go a bit crazy, unless he hamstrings me again with another nasty critical goal.

---

Gil decided that he wanted to add a new goal. He doesn't want to see any wrestler hired or retained if they have less than 35 in selling. Once again the only employees who are that low are the non-wrestlers. No wrestler is in violation.

---

The card for September's event – FTW Drive by Bashing is out.

Tag match

Young Guns v Panda Mask II & Mark Smart (Rough Custom)

Paranoia v Amazing Firefly

Jen Neptune v The Tic

Christy Huggins v Sally Anne

Paradox v Ted Brady

Tresanya Shandel v Ernest Youngman

Jared Johnson v Ant-man

Eric Freer v Tracy Brendon

World Title match

Nate Johnson [c] v Kashmir Singh

Tag match

Jen Neptune v The Tic

Paradox v Ted Brady

Jared Johnson v Ant-man

World Title match

Jen Neptune v The Tic

Paradox v Ted Brady

Jared Johnson v Ant-man

World Title match

Archived