Crisis on Infinite C-Verses

Well, maybe that's misleading. Crisis on Two C-Verses is probably more accurate, but even then I'm being intentionally dense.

Ever want to play the formative years of MMA? Well good, there's a mod on this site for that. What about the formative years of the C-Verse? Oh, well... There's a mod for that here too.

But... Ever want to play both of them at the same time?

Yes, I know, I'm a mad man for even proposing that. But more than that, I'm making it happen!

This mod will be a mash-up between two mods previously released on this site: The Reboot of WMMA Mod and the Dawn of MMA Mod.

"Well, if it's just a mash-up of the two mods, why are you making a topic for it? I can just mash them together myself if I was interested!"

Ah, and in doing so you'd realize:

1. How much stuff is missing (From both mods).

2. How many inconsistencies there are between the two databases.

3. How much worked you'd have to do to fix that!

That's why I'm here. If you hadn't picked up on the diction used in the post, the mod is not yet finished. I'm hoping to build up a little anticipation for the release, but more so, to get a little feedback on a few things.

First things first though.

An update on progress:

Fighter stats have been normalized between the two databases.

Camps have been normalized and updated factually (Or as factually as I could).

Some work has been done to factually update and balance companies.

Picture packs have been added for real-world fighters.

Work to be done:

Better balance for fighter's starting stats.

Finish base work of companies (Start dates, finances, regulations)

Add narratives for companies and fight camps, to reflect real world trends.

Add in missing fighters (Especially early years and recent years)

Add in expansion pack fighters (Bantamweight and Flyweight especially)

With any luck, all these will be included in the very first release of CICV, version 0.8. Imbalances, spelling errors, and flat out missing stuff will all be present, but the mod will be playable and enjoyable. I'm not setting a release date, as the more I work on this the more problems I find that need fixing. With that said, I'll keep you guys updated with any progress, information, or general questions for the community.

Yosh,

Pogo.

Update:

Finished converting the Phenom Bantam and Flyweight expansion pack to the mod, including new debut years and balanced roster, with young potential superstars and grizzled, one dimensional veterans.

Work on companies is just about complete. I'll review what I have and see how it works in conjunction with each different mod. New companies include Bellator and Super Fight League.

Addition of missing fighters has continued at a slow pace.

Note: All the mods are still separated, and I'll keep it that way in a secondary release in case anyone wants to use or review the individual mods.

Question:

The current roster of early fighters includes as many early Pancrase and UFC fighters as I could work with. Are there any other Early-90s organizations I should look into for fighter additions? I've avoided Shooto because: First, there is poor records of it's early events and fighters, Second, it was never very relevant to MMA.

Update:

All databases have been merged into the first version of CoIC-V, and initial playtesting has begun. I'm trying to balance the early play so fight cards are created at a reasonable pace and fighters spring up to fill in the gaps of burgeoning companies.

• 1 month later...

<p>Ack, so he's a long awaited updated:</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Playtesting has not yielded good results, in my opinion. I'm having an issue imitating the real world progression of these companies based on several factors--Namely, the company/fighter ratio. It's because of this, I think, that companies are refusing to put out cards and, as such, no one put the User promotion is doing anything. I've tried playing around with target roster sizes, but all my results have been discouraging. If only I could get companies to use more Associate Contracts! Fighter sharing, like is present in early MMA, would help alleviate so much of this.</p><p> </p><p>

I may have to changed the debut dates of promotions and scale back on some of the more irrelevant/inaccurate promotions in order to improve feasibility. I'm getting back into this after a long lay-off, so maybe with a fresh mind I can make some progress. If I can make the base data work, I'll be looking to include a lot of newer fighters present in the current MMA scene.</p>

Archived