Comment on features

Wow, that's a pretty detailed feature list! Few questions: Will we (and other wrestlers) have gimmicks in the game as in TEW? Can we purposefully make a ref bump and blood appear during a match, or are they just things that happen accidentally (as with a ref bump) or after a big bump (as with blood)? Since Europe is a new area, does that mean we'll get things added to the CornellVerse that weren't in TEW (ie. European promotions, workers etc.)? How detailed will our contracts be? Will it be like in TEW where we can negotiate number of dates (if we become ridiculously famous of course), 30-day terminations etc. or are we paid by the win? No worries if you don't wanna reveal too much at the moment. :) Scott

This game is sounding better and better by the day :D I have a few questions however: As Scott McFly asked, will we have gimmicks and, if so, will we be able to choose them or will we have them assigned to us? As far as tag teams go, would you have to ask a fellow worker if they'd like the tag, or would you just be booked in a match with someone? In tag matches, would you control yourself and your partner, or just yourself? Finally, will we choose to turn? i.e. - if you're a face and tagging with someone, would we turn on them and become a heel? Or would we be asked to turn? That's all I can really think of without asking the same questions as Scott.

In answer to the questions above: * There are no gimmicks. They don't make sense in this sort of game, as it's based on in-ring performance. I mean, if you were given a pimp gimmick, is that going to change anything about your matches - no. Rather than have a feature that is essentially useless, i left it out. * Ref bumps can happen randomly during matches if the referee happens to get in the way. Only certain moves can cause blood (defined in the database), and it depends on the power of the move, and what condition the opponent is in. * Yes, there are new European workers in FiSpi, and 1 new promotion. At the moment, there's nothing in Australia again. * Contracts include type (written, pay-per-appearance, try out, etc), amount (per show \ per month), and length. There are no clauses, as the ones from TEW don't really many any sense within the context of the game. * You can ask other workers to form a tag team with you. This doesn't guarantee that you will team with them, it just makes it much more likely. Tag teams also have a special set of additional double team moves, and get some statistical advantages in tag matches. * In tag matches you always control the entire team - in elimination bouts too, even if your character has been eliminated. This is because you gain points from wins, it doesn't matter who gets the final pinfall or who survives (this is to stop you sacrificing your partners). * Turns aren't done in the ring, as it doesn't make sense when the game is based on competitive matches (why would you cost yourself a match? :p ). They're done off screen.

Unless you include MMA, South America would be kinda worthless. As far as Asia is concerned...well it's a mixed bag. Various wrestling companies have ran spot shows all over the continent outside Japan, and it has never caught on, as in, resulting in local promotions to pop-up. Exemple, New Japan tried to support a pro wrestling company in Mongolia, it never caught on. WWE ran in India, in Korea, in Kuwait even, but nothing came out of it. Atsushi Onita even ran a charity show in AFGHANISTAN. If you want to talk about the presence of wrestling on the planet, the only countries that have real circuits are the USA, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, France, UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Russia, South Africa, Japan, South Korea, Singapore & Australia. Then there are countries that have produced wrestlers without really having circuits, like Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Poland, Mongolia, Iran, Egypt, North Korea, New Zealand, the American Samoas, the Fiji Islands, Tonga....

The game is looking very nice indeed, thanks for answering my questions. One point about turns though - yes, you wouldn't cost yourself a match, but post-match handshakes (for face turns) or beat-downs (for heel turns) would be possible, no? Oh, and you mentioned pre-match attacks and run-ins, is that just CPU opponents interfering in our matches, or can we choose to run-in on someone elses match? Clearly that's scripted IRL, but what with the game straddling the line between fantasy and reality, it's hard to know what's being booked and outwith our control (feuds), and what's not being booked and we are able to affect (match outcomes). One final question for now - is there some sort of inside bet going on at Grey Dog that you can get everyone referring to Fighting Spirit as FiSpi all the time? :D

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]In answer to the questions above: * Yes, there are new European workers in FiSpi, and 1 new promotion. At the moment, there's nothing in Australia again.[/QUOTE] Out of curiousity, is there a reason why you keep including Australia and not populating it? And congratulations on the new company and Fighting Spirit - looks like another great game.

[QUOTE]Honestly i would like to see South america, and Asia, as well[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Unless you include MMA, South America would be kinda worthless.[/QUOTE] I'm from South America and even though it would be nice to have it in the game I have to agree with Phil that wrestling-wise it doesn't matter much. But then again if pretty much everything is customizeable (I know i misspelled that somehow but I'm foreign so cut me some slack :p ) then you could just add some locations and random feds and wrestlers no? That's kind of what I did in TEW before I erased the save game by mistake (oops).

couple questions Adam, forgive me if they were asked somewhere I am still learning my way around this board format. you mentioned being able to choose a tag partner but what about stables/factions, are they a part of this game as well, and since this is Cornellverse will family members (ie. the Stones, the Eisens, the DeColts) recognize each other are relationships more or less indepth then TEW and how big a part will the relationships play?

Relationships play a big part in the game, yes, so playing a career where a family member owns the promotion has major benefits. Stables don't exist in the game, as they had no practical use, and i decided very early on that i wasn't going to have stuff in the game unless it actually has a specific purpose - a "no fluff" policy :p

Archived