(insert name here) inherits (insert promotion name here)

I was simming through a mod I'm working on and have noticed it a few times i was playing. Dan Stone Jr. inherits the promotion owned by his father and another promotion was inherited by Seiji Jimbo. My question is can you 'force' an inheritance or is it random; and if you can how do you do it? Thanks for any help with this matter.

I am pretty sure inheritance only occurs to people related to the owner. I don't think friendships or Loyalties will get handed the promotion.

Although I would love if seniority played a part so 20 year old Jay Chord and Seiji Jimbo aren't taking over a company this early in their careers when there are options like Jean Cattley and Tatsuko on the roster

NOTBPW can be taken over by Jeremy Stone, as I've seen that quite often. It can also apprently be Victoria Stone but I never see her get the company in most of the games I've run.

I'm fairly certain the related individual must be "potential owners", which means they must have something in the Business skills. Which is why Alciia Strong never takes of USPW anymore as she is no longer a potential owner like she was in 2008.

So the related individual who is a potential owner seems to be the first choice. If there are several, it seems to be random. If no one related to the retiring owner is a potential owner, then it defeaults to other potential owners.

I was simming through a mod I'm working on and have noticed it a few times i was playing. Dan Stone Jr. inherits the promotion owned by his father and another promotion was inherited by Seiji Jimbo. My question is can you 'force' an inheritance or is it random; and if you can how do you do it? Thanks for any help with this matter.

if there's no relative that takes over the promotion, the business rating is the relevant stat, and I think CPU check within the promotion if someone can take the reigns, if not it checks in unemployed people

Archived