Final Fantasy/Chrono Trigger/Etc

I've been working on a crazy mod for this based off a pen and paper roleplaying game I created years ago. The premise was that every single major console RPG and all it's characters and locations were thrown together into one massive world. For instance to go from Midgar to Baron, it may have been a three day airship ride or some such.

Anyways, after buying the game, seeing it's editing potential after playing the Marvel mod, I just had to start this project. There's a few unfortunate things missing from the editor, like the ability to add more move types (Was looking for a shadow type damage and just went mystical), and being able to add more schemes/random events/morality events, which would be totally awesome. Some don't really fit with a Final Fantasyish world, but it's ok, I'm gonna make it work.

Been having a blast with using alternates, haven't seen the mechanics actually in action, I used the Marvel mod again as a reference, and it seemed simple enough. (I've been powering through the Chrono Trigger characters, so having Princess Nadia change into Marle, Masa & Mune changing into the combined form, etc)

The only thing I'm concerned about really is having far more enemies then heroes, which is typical of those games. If anyone can tell me if a location has only enemies in it, will their schemes be on hold until heroes arrive to deal with them? Because if not, I'll have to balance it somehow. I have 35 or so locations, and keep needing to add more to make homes for characters I forgot about.

I generally have the heroes as wandering type travellers, and the enemies as semi-permanent. (So eventually it'll get as crazy as my tabletop game was, a fight with Cloud and Mog and Crono vs Kefka, a behemoth, and a band of imps... or something) I went into the Marvel mod and changed everyone's travel to wanderer for the same reason, I noticed if set to permanent, they never see any action (Here's looking at you Professor X). I also set every location to high pull to have an equal chance for someone to go there if they have the means.

Sorry for all this rambling, but the gist of all this is: If anyone's actually interested in this mod, and playing it, I intend to finish it for my own playability regardless. So I'll make it readily available to everyone if they're interested. Also, if you have any ideas for other games to incorporate into it, let me know. So far I've been using Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 4+6+7, Super Mario RPG and have plans for Earthbound. (I like it old school, but willing to take newer games!) It'll be Chrono/Final Fantasy heavy at this point, mainly because of the wikias on them.

To Adam Ryland, if you read this, I bought this game as soon as I saw it, and it was worth every penny. Honestly, I would love to see some more active support, ie patches, the only patch I have is from February. But kudos, I love text based games, and there's a lot of great ideas in this. The editing features are solid, I've been able to do almost everything I've wanted with the characters I made. My only complaint is that there HAS to be an easier way to set up relationships, it's going to be the most grueling process I think. Maybe copying a base one for each character then altering it... I could try that.

Anyways, any feedback on this would be appreciated. I have a long ways to go, but I'm working on it daily. Hopefully I'll have a release. albeit partial, within a few weeks. I'll probbly partial release at 500 characters so it's playable. What's the maximum amount of characters allowed in the database if there is one? Cause if there's no max... I'll be releasing constantly, with new games, new characters, new locations. If there is, I have to keep the staples in.

To anyone who got this far, thanks for reading this, been wanting to post this for some time, but wasn't sure anyone would be into it. I know it's a comic book oriented game, but hopefully people would be into a crazy mishmash of console RPG's, cause I know I can't wait to make this playable.

If you need more heroes I suggest taking a look at Chrono Cross, you can't shake a stick in that game without recruiting someone to your team.

Good call, I've been trying to figure out where I'd get lower level heroes, the ones I have so far are all level 4 and up, so there'll be a lot of lowbies I can grab from Chrono Cross. I'm also thinking of delving into other random games, not necessarily RPG's to fill out the lower levels for heroes. In Chrono Trigger and the Final Fantasy's, the heroes and major villains are pretty high scale, but I could make hundreds of lower level enemies just digging through the wikias on them, but when a game has 8 heroes to 200 enemies, balance issues are goingto be a hassle. I'll figure it out surely.

You could always use generics from FF1/FF3/FFT to spice up a area.

Need a bunch of low level heroes? Put the classes from FFT in! Need a bunch of low level villains? Put the classes from FFT with red colors :D !

Like clockwork.

If you want easy heroes pick a Suikoden game. They've each got 108 "good" characters to recruit. Personally I'd go with Suikoden 2 if you choose to do it.

I've got some Suikoden characters is the mod I did too, mostly 4, but some 3 and 5 too

• 1 year later...

<p>Well, the thing about this game is that more villains are needed than heroes, because if there's too few villains, then there won't really be any crime to fight.</p><p> </p><p>

With that being said, you can always add in some Legend of Zelda, Shining Force, Breath of Fire, or Secret of Mana/Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia trilogy.</p>

Archived