ECW - Rewriting History - From 1995 Onwards

Hey guys, been a member on here for a very long time - had bucket loads of posts before the forums got moved to GDS and used to write diaries all the time back in the day.

Been playing TEW since it was EW9000 (maybe a little earlier I think!).

I've been playing a game as ECW starting in 1995, here's what has been going on since January 1996 to the last Pay Per View I booked.

Would you guys be interested in reading this if I kept it up to date?

A little backstory

I've signed a working agreement with WWF to stop them poaching my workers. I had one with WCW, but broke that in late 1996 and am currently Hostile towards them. So I've managed to loan a few workers from other companies to help build my stars.

A few weeks before November to Remember 1995, I began a WWF invasion storyline, after signing a few of their rejects and loaning in some of their stars.

Hennig (injured from 95 to late 96) was the front man and mouth piece - he managed Bam Bam Bigelow who became an unstoppable force destroying everyone and becoming ECW World Champion in the process.. until WCW signed him from me in early 96.

The blow off match was at Guilty As Charged 1996 when a 10 Man Tag Match was booked when ECW beat the invading WWF to stop the invasion.

The WWF stable consisted of Curt Hennig, Jerry Lawler, Bam Bam Bigelow, Rick Rude, Sean Waltman (1-2-3 Kid), Ludvig Borga, Bryan Clark (Adam Bomb), Brian Lee (Crush), Sgt Slaughter, and Taz, Bill Alfonso & Rob Van Dam who turned on ECW.

Here's my main event and co-main events from Sept 1995, to June 1997.

(Game start: September 95)

1995 saw many mainstay ECW stars depart for WCW and the WWF.

Cactus Jack, ECW's World Champion announced his departure one week before the first Pay-Per-View in ECW history. He dropped the World Championship and a 4 Way Dance was booked to declare a new Champion.

1995 saw ECW's first Pay-Per-View, Barely Legal held in front of a full house of Hardcore fans at the ECW Arena. The historic night saw Terry Funk win the vacant ECW World Heavyweight Championship by defeating Raven, Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman, as well as a debuting Bam Bam Bigelow helping Shane Douglas.

In October 1995, Curt Hennig surprisingly appeared at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York attacking Tommy Dreamer and trashing everything ECW stands for. Calling ECW stars nothing more than stuntmen and dubbing ECW "Garbage Wrestling" - planting the seeds for the WWF Invasion angle that would run from October '95 until February '96.

ECW Barely Legal (Week 2, September 1995)

4 Way Dance For Vacant ECW World Heavyweight Championship

Terry Funk def. Raven, Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman

Hardcore Match

Shane Douglas def. Sabu

ECW Gangstas Paradise (Week 3, September 1995)

note: Raven signed with WCW before this event, the show was moved forward in order to stop another vacant title situation.

4 Way Dance For ECW World Tag Team Titles

The Gangstas def. Raven & Stevie Richards ©, The Pitbulls and The Public Enemry

The Sandman def. Too Cold Scorpio

ECW Funk You (Week 2, October 1995)

Hardcore Match

Tommy Dreamer def. Shane Douglas

ECW World Heavyweight Championship - Ladder Match

Terry Funk © def. Stevie Richards

ECW November to Remember 1995 (Week 2, November 1995)

note: ECW's Super Show, it's "Wrestlemania". This show saw stars from Japan and Mexico compete for the first time on American soil and was the night that began the WWF Invasion.

Street Fight

Bam Bam Bigelow def. Tommy Dreamer

note: Bigelow won with help from Jerry Lawler and Curt Hennig - Lawler announced that the WWF were invading and would rid the world of "Extremely Crappy Wrestling".

ECW World Heavyweight Championship

Terry Funk © def. Shane Douglas

ECW December to Dismember 1995 (Week 1, December 1995)

ECW World Heavyweight Championship - 3 Way Dance

Bam Bam Bigelow def. Terry Funk © and Shane Douglas

note: After the match, Bam Bam and Hennig attacked Terry Funk. RVD & Taz came out to save Funk, only to turn their backs on ECW and join the WWF invasion.

No DQ Street Fight

Sgt. Slaughter (WWF) def. Tommy Dreamer (ECW)

ECW When Worlds Collide 1995 (Week 3, December 1995)

note: This was the first real ECW Supercard with wrestlers from WWF, Japan and Mexico brought in. The show was dominated by the WWF vs. ECW storyline, though had a few extra 1 Night Only attraction matches thrown in.

WWF vs. ECW Street Fight

Bam Bam Bigelow & Jerry Lawler (WWF) def. Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk (ECW)

ECW vs. WWF

Steve Austin (ECW) def. Bryan Clark (Adam Bomb - WWF)

Other Matches included:

Rey Misterio Jr. (ECW) def. Psicosis (CWA) and Super Crazy (CWA)

Taz & RVD (WWF) def. The Eliminators © (ECW) for the ECW Tag Team Titles

The Eliminators © def. The Pitbulls to retain the ECW Tag Team Titles

Axl Rotten & The Public Enemy def. The FBI

Great Sasuke (WAR), Tenryu (WAR), Lance Storm (ECW) & Mikey Whipwreck (ECW) def. TAKA Michinoku (BJW), Dick Togo (MPW), Yoshihiro Tajiri (MPW) & MEN's Teioh (MPW)

Sabu © (ECW) def. Rob Van Dam (WWF) to retain the ECW World TV Title

1996 saw the culmination of the ECW vs. WWF feud, as well as an unforgettable Supercard of ECW, WCW and WWF talent. Mike Awesome won a tournament for the vacant title and dominated the Main Event scene, eventually to a point where workers were brought in from Japanese promotions, WCW and WWF to fight Awesome.

In October 1996 - Ken Shamrock was brought in and began a verbal feud with Taz - Taz interrupted the unveiling of the "World Most Dangerous Man" getting himself suspended in the process. Shamrock would go on an undefeated streak right through the remainder of the year.

ECW House Party 1996 (Week 1, January 1996)

ECW World Television Championship

Sabu © def. Sean Waltman in a Tables & Ladders Match

6 Man Tag - Gangsta's Paradise Cage Match

D-Von, Bubba and Big Dick Dudley def. The Gangstaz & Spike Dudley

ECW Guilty As Charged 1996 (Week 2, January 1996)

10 Man Tag - ECW vs. WWF

(ECW) Dreamer, Funk, Austin & The Eliminators def. (WWF) Lawler, Bam Bam, Sean Waltman and Taz & RVD

Sabu © def. Too Cold Scorpio in a Ladder Match

ECW CyberSlam 1996 (Week 4, February 1996)

Roddy Piper def. Bam Bam Bigelow © for the ECW World Title

note: Bam Bam was signed to WCW and leaving for them after this PPV. Piper was loaned from WWF and originally booked to lose (meaning Bam Bam would vacate the title, effectively taking it to WCW), but Pipers creative control meant he wasn't about "job" to Bigelow. As a result, Piper won the title, and vacated it on my next TV taping "saving" ECW's World Title.

Hardcore Tag Team Match

The Dudley Boyz def. Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk

ECW Living Dangersouly 1996 (Week 2, March 1996)

This PPV was an 8 Man Tournament for the vacant ECW World Heavyweight Championship - and Main Evented by a feud that had 6 months of build up before they faced off.

Street Fight - 6 Months In The Making

Brian Pillman def. Steve Austin

ECW World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Final

Mike Awesome def. Terry Funk in a Stairway To Hell Match

ECW Hostile City Showdown 1996 (Week 2, April 1996)

Ladder Match - #1 Contenders Match

Steve Austin def. Brian Pillman

Hardcore Tag Team Match

The Dudley Boyz def. The Public Enemy

ECW Wrestlepalooza 1996 (Week 2, May 1996)

ECW World Heavyweight Championship - Cage Match

Mike Awesome © def. Steve Austin

Tag Team Tables Match

The Dudley Boyz def. The Public Enemy

ECW Born To Be Wired 1996 (Week 2, June 1996)

Barbed Wire Match - #1 Contenders Match

Terry Funk def. Sabu

Steve Austin def. Rob Van Dam

ECW Heat Wave 1996 (Week 2, July 1996)

Ironman Match - Settling The Score - #1 Contenders Match

Steve Austin drew with Brian Pillman

ECW World Heavyweight Championship - Stretcher Match

Mike Awesome © def. Terry Funk

ECW Hardcore Heaven 1996 (Week 2, August 1996)

ECW World Heavyweight Championship - 3 Way Ladder Match

Mike Awesome © def. Steve Austin and Brian Pillman

ECW World Tag Team Championships - Gangsta's Paradise Match

Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk def. The Dudley Boys ©

At this time, Mike Awesome was beginning to get ranging between B+ and A ratings for Overness and was beating everyone in the promotion. I began actively loaning workers for short feuds to feed Awesome who would claim he was unstoppable.

ECW One Night Stand 1996 (Week 2, September 1996)

ECW World Tag Team Championships - 3 Way Ladder Match

The Dudley Boys def. Owen Hart & Jim Neidhart and Dreamer & Funk

note: Owen & Neidhart were on loan from WWF, fueded with both teams to get my guys over.

Mike Awesome © def. Masato Tanaka

note: Tanaka on loan from FMW

ECW When World Collide Again 1996 (Week 2, October 1996)

note: Supercard of ECW vs. WWF/WCW matches.

Steve Austin def. Owen Hart

note: Owen loaned from WWF

ECW World Heavyweight Championship - Hardcore Match

Mike Awesome © def. The Sandman

note: The Sandman (Hak) was loaned from WCW

ECW Novemeber To Remember 1996 (Week 2, November 1996)

ECW World Heavyweight Championship - Stairway To Hell Match

Mike Awesome © def. Cactus Jack

note: Cactus Jack was loaned from WCW - his contract would expire with WCW shortly after this PPV and I resigned him on a PPA contract setting up a full time feud with Awesome

ECW World TV Championship - Ladder Match

Steve Austin © def. Sabu

ECW Extreme Rules 1996 (Week 1, December 1996)

Deathmatch

Cactus Jack def. Abdullah The Butcher

note: Abdullah's retirement match - Awesome would powerbomb Cactus Jack through a table after this match setting up their full time feud.

Extreme Cage Match

Brian Pillman def. Tommy Dreamer

1997 has been ECW's biggest year to date. The year so far has seen the much anticipated Taz/Shamrock feud finally enter the ring, Raven's shocking return to ECW, Terry Funk turning on his protege Tommy Dreamer as well as strong pushes for younger workers like Steve Corino and Chris Jericho.

ECW House Party 1997 (Week 1, January 1997)

Street Fight

Sabu drew with Cactus Jack

note: Awesome ruined the Main Event by attacking both men

Steve Austin © def. Rob Van Dam

Mike Awesome © def. Spike Dudley

ECW Guilty As Charged 1997 (Week 3, January 1997)

Cactus Jack def. Mike Awesome ©

Steve Austin © def. Rob Van Dam and Sabu

ECW CyberSlam 1997 (Week 2, February 1997)

Cactus Jack © def. Sabu

The Dudley Boyz def. The Eliminators

ECW Living Dangerously 1997 (Week 3, March 1997)

note: This PPV would be ECW's highest drawing PPV to date

Cactus Jack © def. Mike Awesome and Sabu

This is Hennig's first televised match in almost 3 years.

Curt Hennig def. Steve Austin ©

ECW A Matter Of Respect 1997 (Week 3, April 1997)

note: This PPV saw 4 "Main Events" as feuds transitioned or workers faced off for the first time after months of hype.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship - The Rematch

note: Cactus Jack is the only worker to get a 1 on 1 victory over Mike Awesome in Awesome's ECW Career - this rematch had been talked about since Awesome lost the title to Cactus

Cactus Jack © def. Mike Awesome

The two have an incredible 30+ minute close match before Awesome loses after a sick bump. Awesome would miss a few weeks of TV before returning and destroying other workers, demanding another shot at the title.

A Matter of Respect

After Taz spoiled Paul Heyman's unveiling of the "World Most Dangerous Man" in 1996, Taz would get suspended from ECW - Shamrock would go on a long winning streak as Taz would shoot promo's, interupt matches, get arrested by police and sit in the crowd "watching" Shamrock before the much talked about and highly anticipated first match between the two took place.

Taz def. Ken Shamrock

Another very close contest in which Taz wins cleanly. Shamrock goes to shake Taz' hand afterwards, but Taz refuses - continuing the fued as Shamrock "snaps"

Hardcore Match

Corino is being billed close to how he was originally booked in ECW, but obviously a few years earlier than real life. A crass "Anti-Hardcore" worker who is completely against ECW and everything it stands for - however he's teamed up with Terry Funk in an attempt to rid ECW of two of it's biggest "problems"; New Jack and Tommy Dreamer.

New Jack def. Steve Corino

Street Fight

Funk and Dreamer teamed with each other for the majority of 1996, fighting off The Dudleys and Mark Henry. An ageing Funk is being booked less and less - Dreamer was beaten severly by numerous Heels in early '97 and calls upon a mystery partner to aid him, New Jack. Funk, angry at not being called upon in Dreamer's time of need turns Heel himself and aligns himself with Steve Corino.

Terry Funk def. Tommy Dreamer

Funk wins after Corino attacks Dreamer, New Jack saves Dreamer from 2-on-1 and then Corino/New Jack start their match (see above).

ECW Wrestlepalooza 1997 (Week 3, May 1997)

Another PPV billed with 4 Main Events.

Chris Jericho's transition to the Main Event begins as he loses to Jack but gains a bucket load of Overness from the match.

Cactus Jack © def. Chris Jericho

Post Match: The lights go off and Raven debuts - attacking Cactus Jack

Steve Austin drew with Curt Hennig ©

ECW World Tag Team Championship TLC Match

note: Sabu & RVD are feuding, despite being tag champs

Sabu & RVD © def. The Eliminators

Hardcore Tag Team Match

Terry Funk & Steve Corino def. New Jack & Tommy Dreamer

Funk & Corino win after Mark Henry attacks Tommy Dreamer

Future Plans

There's been three weeks of TV since Wrestlepalooza.

Feuds

Raven vs. Cactus

Raven's return at the last PPV sets up the main story for the summer. A returning Raven looks to dethrone the only man to ever beat Mike Awesome in ECW.

Jericho's Rise

Jericho will be used carefully, and will gain a strong but slow push into the Main Event scene. He'll be used in the Raven/Cactus feud along with Stevie Richards and likely have a few smaller feuds with clean victories over lesser stars.

Taz vs. Shamrock

Shamrock's loss and Taz' lack of respect will continue throughout the year with a rematch planned for the next PPV, and a final match at November To Remember 1997.

Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam

Sabu & RVD would lose the Tag Titles to The Dudleys on the very next Hardcore TV building to a match at my next PPV. Sabu (Heel) and RVD (Face) will have their first match in over 2 years at the next PPV, and the feud will likely take up the rest of the summer.

Dreamer vs. Funk

Funk is now working as an Occasional Wrestler and will be used sparingly, but enough to continue the feud throughout the year. The final match will take place at November To Remember 97 in a Last Chance Retirement Match. If Dreamer loses, he will never recieve a title match in ECW again, if Funk loses he'll retire from wrestling.

Next Planned PPV Card

ECW Barely Legal II

ECW World Heavyweight Championship - Barbed Wire Match

Raven vs. Cactus Jack ©

ECW World Television Championship - 3 Way Dance

Steve Austin vs. Curt Hennig © vs. Brian Pillman

Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam

Loser Leaves Town

Tommy Dreamer vs. Mark Henry

The Rematch

Taz vs. Ken Shamrock

Hopeful Feuds and signings

Shane Douglas

Working with WCW currently, I'm hoping to bring back Shane Douglas towards the end of the year to start a major feud over the ECW Title.

Bam Bam Bigelow

His contract with WCW is up soon - I doubt I'd be able to poach him away, but if I do - a potential match with Mike Awesome writes itself. Bam Bam was unstoppable until he left for WCW in 96 - and Awesome went on a 10 month undefeated streak. Awesome never beat Bam Bam for the title... it's just a shame Roddy Piper used creative control, otherwise Bam Bam would have never lost the ECW Title and it would have made this feud even juicier.

Jeff Jarrett

Been debating on signing Jarrett for a while, should Douglas not work out. He's currently "over stretched" though with WWF and USWA, so I doubt I'll be getting him any time soon.

In the next post I'll list my current roster of PPA guys.

Key:

Face

Heel

Main Eventers

Cactus Jack (World Champion)

Steve Austin

Brian Pillman

Mike Awesome

Raven

Sabu

Upper Midcarders

Balls Mahoney

Ken Shamrock

Mikey Whipwreck

New Jack

Perry Saturn

Rob Van Dam

Tommy Dreamer

Buh Buh Ray Dudley (Tag Champ)

Chris Candido

Chris Jericho

D-Von Dudley (Tag Champ)

Steve Corino

Taz

Terry Gordy (not renewing contract)

Midcarders

Jerry Lynn

John Kronus

Lance Storm

Mustafa

Spike Dudley

Axl Rotten

Christian Cage

Edge

Mark Henry (not renewing contract)

Pitbull #1

Pitbull #2

Stevie Richards (yet to debut)

Tracy Smothers

Lower Midcarder

Jeff Hardy

Matt Hardy

Justin Credible

Little Guido

Openers

Nova

The Blue Meanie

Christopher Daniels (yet to debut)

Crash Holly (not renewing contract)

Dick Togo

Taka Michinoku

Enhancement Talent

Chris Chetti

Danny Doring

Roadkill

Occasional Worker

Curt Hennig (TV Champ)

Terry Funk

Awesome - seems the thread got a hundred odd views last night, so it seems there's some interest at least :)

In order to clear up a little more backstory, and since I did start the game in 1995, here's what happened from September 1995 (game start) until the end of the year.

I've also updated the main post to include this history. The shows will be in more detail than this - but this is just for those that want to know how I've booked ECW for the two years or so I've been playing the game.

(Game start: September 95)

1995 saw many mainstay ECW stars depart for WCW and the WWF.

Cactus Jack, ECW's World Champion announced his departure one week before the first Pay-Per-View in ECW history. He dropped the World Championship and a 4 Way Dance was booked to declare a new Champion.

1995 saw ECW's first Pay-Per-View, Barely Legal held in front of a full house of Hardcore fans at the ECW Arena. The historic night saw Terry Funk win the vacant ECW World Heavyweight Championship by defeating Raven, Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman, as well as a debuting Bam Bam Bigelow helping Shane Douglas.

In October 1995, Curt Hennig surprisingly appeared at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York attacking Tommy Dreamer and trashing everything ECW stands for. Calling ECW stars nothing more than stuntmen and dubbing ECW "Garbage Wrestling" - planting the seeds for the WWF Invasion angle that would run from October '95 until February '96.

ECW Barely Legal (Week 2, September 1995)

4 Way Dance For Vacant ECW World Heavyweight Championship

Terry Funk def. Raven, Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman

Hardcore Match

Shane Douglas def. Sabu

ECW Gangstas Paradise (Week 3, September 1995)

note: Raven signed with WCW before this event, the show was moved forward in order to stop another vacant title situation.

4 Way Dance For ECW World Tag Team Titles

The Gangstas def. Raven & Stevie Richards ©, The Pitbulls and The Public Enemry

ECW Funk You (Week 2, October 1995)

Hardcore Match

Tommy Dreamer def. Shane Douglas

ECW World Heavyweight Championship - Ladder Match

Terry Funk © def. Stevie Richards

ECW November to Remember 1995 (Week 2, November 1995)

note: ECW's Super Show, it's "Wrestlemania". This show saw stars from Japan and Mexico compete for the first time on American soil and was the night that began the WWF Invasion.

Street Fight

Bam Bam Bigelow def. Tommy Dreamer

note: Bigelow won with help from Jerry Lawler and Curt Hennig - Lawler announced that the WWF were invading and would rid the world of "Extremely Crappy Wrestling".

Terry Funk © def. Shane Douglas

ECW December to Dismember 1995 (Week 1, December 1995)

Bam Bam Bigelow def. Terry Funk © and Shane Douglas

note: After the match, Bam Bam and Hennig attacked Terry Funk. RVD & Taz came out to save Funk, only to turn their backs on ECW and join the WWF invasion.

No DQ Street Fight

Sgt. Slaughter (WWF) def. Tommy Dreamer (ECW)

ECW When Worlds Collide 1995 (Week 3, December 1995)

note: This was the first real ECW Supercard with wrestlers from WWF, Japan and Mexico brought in. The show was dominated by the WWF vs. ECW storyline, though had a few extra 1 Night Only attraction matches thrown in.

WWF vs. ECW Street Fight

Bam Bam Bigelow & Jerry Lawler (WWF) def. Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk (ECW)

ECW vs. WWF

Steve Austin (ECW) def. Bryan Clark (Adam Bomb - WWF)

Other Matches included:

Rey Misterio Jr. (ECW) def. Psicosis (CWA) and Super Crazy (CWA)

Taz & RVD (WWF) def. The Eliminators © (ECW) for the ECW Tag Team Titles

The Eliminators © def. The Pitbulls to retain the ECW Tag Team Titles

Axl Rotten & The Public Enemy def. The FBI

Great Sasuke (WAR), Tenryu (WAR), Lance Storm (ECW) & Mikey Whipwreck (ECW) def. TAKA Michinoku (BJW), Dick Togo (MPW), Yoshihiro Tajiri (MPW) & MEN's Teioh (MPW)

Sabu © (ECW) def. Rob Van Dam (WWF) to retain the ECW World TV Title

ECW Hardcore TV - Week 2, June 1997

Dark Match:

The Eliminators def. Doring & Roadkill in 4:38 with the Total Elimination.

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/TV/ECW%20Hardcore.jpg

ECW Hardcore TV

Hammerstein Ballroom, New York

Week 2, June 1997

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Joey%20Styles.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Raven.jpg

Joey Styles and Raven Promo

Joey Styles is in the ring set to welcome us to another episode of ECW's Hardcore TV.

Joey Styles: "Hello everyone and welcome to the Hammerstein Ballroom in beautiful New York City! I'm...."

Suddenly the lights go out, through the flashes of peoples cameras and the eerie glow of peoples lighters you can just make out a third man sitting in the corner of the ring.

Joey Styles: "What the... who are you?!"

The lights come back on and the solitary figure and lost sole of Raven is sitting in the corner of the ring. The first faecal chant of the evening begins as two and a half thousand ECW fans shout "Holy Shit" in unison.

Joey Styles: "It's Raven! We haven't seen you since Wrestlepalooza!!"

Raven motions for Joey Styles to come towards him, as the screen cuts to show Raven's return to ECW at last month's Pay-Per-View Wrestlepalooza '97 following a 19 month stint with WCW.

The video shows Cactus Jack beating Chris Jericho in the main event, before the lights go out and Raven DDT's Cactus Jack into a guardrail placed in the ring. Raven is shown standing above Cactus Jack, arms stretched out to the side as the fans shout "EC-Dub, EC-Dub, EC-Dub".

We're back to Raven and Joey in the ring, as Styles leans down towards Raven and puts the mic in Raven's face.

Raven: "Joey Styles, give me the microphone and get out of this ring... or you'll suffer the same fate as your beloved... Cactus Jack."

Joey promptly gives Raven the microphone and jumps out of the ring as Raven stands to his feet.

Raven: "Cactus Jack... No... Mick Foley... the condition that I left you in at Wrestlepalooza was a result of your own selfishness. Mick Foley... years ago we walked side by side, the best of friends and then when I needed you most - you left me. You left... for World Championship Wrestling. You may be these fans "savior"... but these people are too foolish to know the truth... these people don't remember the truth.

For the past month you've been telling everyone that you don't know why I'm here, that you don't know why I attacked you... that you don't know the truth either, but you do know Mick... you do know the truth.

Mick in 1995 ECW was going to have it's first Pay-Per-View... Barely Legal... These people salivated at the chance of seeing Raven and Cactus for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship. We talked about it, we promised each other Mick - you and I, top of the card... for the World title, and you left me Foley...

In 1995 Mick Foley... you left these people behind, you left them to go to WCW... Just a few short days before Barely Legal... Just a few short days before we would fight. You were the Heavyweight Champion of the World Mick, and you dropped that belt in the garbage and threw that belt down, kissed your fans goodbye and they accepted that you were moving to a "better place".

When the time came for me to move on, I was chastised as a sell-out. as a man who knew not what he was doing... as a loser.

For the last month Mick, you've called me out... asked for a match... asked for a fight... I accept.

Next week - ECW goes full circle. 2 years in the making Mick, these fans will get their match. I... will get my match Mick. Barely Legal 2... Raven vs. Cactus will finally happen.

It's all I wanted Mick, my only friend... and me... Mick Foley and Raven... I needed you Mick and you left.

Barely Legal 2 is the chance for me Mick, to exact on you, the pain and the torment, the anguish that you put me through 2 years ago.

At Barely Legal 2, you might leave in pain... like I care... Mick, you'll leave with a cracked skull after I DDT you again, that might give me some solace. Mick Foley, you'll leave without the ECW World Heavyweight Championship... I might smile at that. Mick, you know what will really make me happy? If you just left ECW and stayed out of my life forever.

At Barely Legal 2... Mick Foley... I'll end you. Quote The Raven, Nevermore."

Commercial Break

We're back from commercials as Tommy Dreamer and Axl Rotten are in the ring, Styles talks about what just happened with Raven and debates the future of the ECW World Heavyweight Title. Putting over the fact that Raven will return to action in an ECW ring for the first time in almost 2 years and that this match was originally booked to be the Main Event on ECW's first Pay-Per-View Barely Legal in 1995.

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Tommy%20Dreamer.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Axl%20Rotten.jpg

Tommy Dreamer vs. Axl Rotten

After a solid if not unspectacular match, the end comes when Axl swings wildly with a barbed wire baseball bat missing by a proverbial mile. Dreamer DDT's Axl onto a steel chair and picks up the 1-2-3 and the victory.

Winner: Tommy Dreamer after a DDT onto a steel chair.

Time: 8:35

After the match Mark Henry jumps the guardrail and attacks Dreamer from behind. The two men exchange punches until Henry eventually overpowers the weakened Dreamer and Powerslam's Tommy onto the very chair Dreamer used to win his match.

Henry jumps on the mic: "Tommy, this has gone on long enough. When we fight on Pay-Per-View, I promise in front of all these ignorant fans, as God as my witness, if I don't beat you Monday night... You'll never see my face in this piece-of-trash company again..."

With that Mark Henry drops the microphone onto Tommy's body and spits on the ECW logo in the middle of the ring.

Commercial Break

Joey Styles: "Welcome back to ECW Hardcore TV... right now, I'm supposed to be unbiased for this next segment and tell you that I don't mind who wins on Monday night, ECW's Barely Legal 2 on Pay-Per-View... Well I can't, because this next segment is about a low down, dirty, back stabbing, son of a... " *Joey pauses and collects himself* "Taz... and Ken Shamrock will face off again this Monday night - roll the damn video tape, I can't do it..."

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Taz.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Ken%20Shamrock.jpg

Taz vs. Ken Shamrock Promo Video

Nutshell, by Alice in Chains plays over the top of the video.

The video begins by showing Ken Shamrock fighting in the UFC as Paul Heyman's voice is heard.

Heyman: "July 14th, 1995 - the Casper Events Center in Casper, Wyoming. In front of two and a half thousand Ultimate Fighting fans, Ken Shamrock beats Dan Severn to become the first ever Superfight Champion in the UFC. In just two minutes, by chocking out Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock cemented himself as the legitimate "Baddest Man On The Planet", take that Mike Tyson."

The video fades out as Shamrock holds the UFC Superfight Championship, and then transitions to Taz fighting in ECW.

Heyman: "September 7th, 1995 - the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In front of two thousand Extreme Wrestling fans, Taz beats then champion Too Cold Scorpio to become ECW's Television Champion. By choking out Too Cold Scorpio, Taz would set himself on a path of destruction and cement himself as the most miserable son of a bitch in ECW today."

The video then transitions to Ken Shamrock's debut in ECW. Heyman in the ring unveiling Shamrock, then Taz standing toe-to-toe with Shamrock, showing him no respect at all.

Heyman: "October 10th, 1995 - the Glen Falls Civic Center in Glenn Falls, New York. In front of 5,000 blood firsty fans, the paths of "The World Most Dangerous Man" and "The Human Suplex Machine" cross for the first time as Taz ruins ECW's crowning moment, the unveiling of Ken Shamrock."

The video then shows what happened that night. Taz slaps Shamrock across the face as security separate the two men, the two attempt to fight before the cops arrest Taz and Heyman suspends Taz.

Highlights play of the build up towards the first fight between Shamrock and Taz. Including Shamrock's dominant undefeated streak, Taz's return to ECW, Shamrock saving Tommy Dreamer from Taz and the two paths of destruction the two men left as they moved towards A Matter of Respect.

Heyman: "When Taz and Ken Shamrock faced-off for the first time, few expected the close fought battle that unfolded in front of 15,000 fans at A Matter of Respect."

The video shows Shamrock being choked out to the Tazmission, and Taz refusing the handshake afterwards as the video fades to a live shot of Paul Heyman standing alone in a darkened ECW Arena with empty chairs around the ring and a single spotlight illuminating him in the ring.

Heyman: "But when Taz refused that handshake from Ken Shamrock, he not only spat in the face of tradition, of good will, of decency... but of each and every WRESTLING fan in attendance that night.

When you buy your ticket, for Monday nights Pay-Per-View, Barely Legal 2... and you sit in the front row of the ECW Arena. You'll witness something special... the SPORT of Professional Wrestling will return.

There will be no clowns or crowns, there will be no Warriors or Hulkamaniac's, and I assure you there are no "Dead Men" here.

Just two men, two champions of their sports.

The Human Suplex Machine."

A spotlight comes on in one corner, as a vision of Taz stands boldly with his arms folded staring at Paul Heyman.

Heyman: "And The World Most Dangerous Man."

Another spotlight comes on and shows Shamrock in the opposite corner, pacing back and forth psyching himself up.

Heyman: "I know what I'll be doing Monday night..."

Heyman reaches down to the darkened ring and picks up a sign and holds it for the camera to see. It reads, "IF TAZ WINS WE RIOT"

With that the spotlight on Heyman fades out, and Taz and Shamrock stand face to face in the middle of the ring as the video fades to black.

The video ends with the text:

ECW Barely Legal 2

Where It All Begins... Again

Monday, June 16th 1997 - ECW Arena

Live on Pay-Per-View

The classic ECW static cut happens as we go to commercials.

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/New%20Jack.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mustafa.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Buh%20Buh%20Ray%20Dudley.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/D-Von%20Dudley.jpg

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/Belts/ecwtag.jpg

The Gangstas vs. The Dudley Boyz

Hardcore Match for the ECW World Tag Team Titles

In what can only be described as an extreme war, The Dudley Boyz finally grabbed the victory after Joel Gertner entered the ring and distracted New Jack as he was about to hit the 187 on a fallen Buh Buh Ray. D-Von smashed a trashcan over the head of New Jack forcing him to fall into the ring. The Dudleyz then hit the Dudley Death Drop on him to secure the victory and keep their titles for another day.

Winners: The Dudley Boyz with a 3D on New Jack

Time: 10:09

After the match, The Dudley Boyz quickly exit the ring and head for the locker room leaving Joel Gertner alone in the ring.

Gertner: "Ladies and Gentlemen, the time of the fall, 10 minutes and 9 seconds. Your winners, and still ECW Tag Team Champions of the World - The Dudley Bo... Oh Shit!"

New Jack smashes a computer keyboard over the head of Joel who gets busted open as a result.

Mustafa grabs the legs of the fallen "Studmuffen" and parts them wide.

New Jack grabs a bowling ball.

Joey Styles: "It looks like New Jack is looking to pick up the spare!"

New Jack swings and throws the 10 pound sphere of pain into the balls of Joel Gertner.

Joey Styles: "Oh... My... God! Gertner's night has just ended prematurely! I don't think that's the first time either!"

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Rob%20Van%20Dam.jpg

Rob Van Dam Promo

We cut to static and then cut to Rob Van Dam in the locker room. He cuts a short promo about his up-coming match with Sabu at our next PPV.

RVD: "Hey wrestling fans, it's me... your favourite wrestler! Mr. Monday Night, Rob-Van-Dam!

You know, there's only one thing I love more than being in front of thousands of my fans and wrestling on national television - and that's when it's 4:20..."

With that the camera looks at the floor and a voice of an ECW worker can be heard.

Worker: "Rob we can't say that... we'll get thrown off the damn air, just talk about the Pay-Per-View."

The video pans back up with Rob looking a bit confused.

RVD: "Fine... You know, there's only one thing I love more than being in front of thousands of my fans and wrestling on national television - and that's wrestling on Pay-Per-View.

Sabu - Three weeks ago you stabbed me in the back and cost us both the Tag Team Titles. But that's okay, RVD doesn't need a partner anyway, that's why when we face off at Barely Legal 2 I'm going to show you, and all my loyal fans why they call me 'The Whole ****ing Show'. After what I do to you Sabu, people will be calling me... Mr. PPV - R-V-D."

The classic ECW static cut happens as we go back to Joey Styles.

Joey Styles: "I've just been told by ECW's Executive Producer, Paul Heyman - that Sabu and Rob Van Dam's match at Barely Legal 2 will be a little different than expected. The two men, who will face off for the first time in almost two years, will now do so in a Tables and Ladders Match! Oh, and the winner? Well he'll get to face whomever is the ECW World Television Champion at Heat Wave 97, for that very belt!"

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mike%20Awesome.jpg

Mike Awesome Video

A video airs hyping Mike Awesome, nothing spectacular to note here. It highlights his 10 month reign as ECW World Champion and teases his future in ECW. It ends with "ECW Gets Awesome Again Monday Night"

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Curt%20Hennig.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Brian%20Pillman.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Chris%20Jericho.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Steve%20Austin.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Rob%20Van%20Dam.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mikey%20Whipwreck.jpg

Main Event - 6 Man Tag

Curt Hennig, Brian Pillman and Chris Jericho vs. Steve Austin, Rob Van Dam and Mikey Whipwreck.

In a fantastic bout for ECW's Hardcore TV Main Event the ending came during a classic "cluster of finishers" spot.

Curt Hennig hits the Perfect-Plex on Rob Van Dam, before Mikey Whipwreck breaks up the pin and hits the Whippersnapper on Hennig.

Mikey celebrates too early though, and turns around to catch a springboard clothesline from Brian Pillman - The Air Pillman!

Austin quickly jumps into the ring, spins Pillman around, gives him the bird and... Stunner! Austin mouths off at Mikey who's now down on the outside, seemingly bad mouthing him for "stealing" Austin's finisher.

Preoccupied with Mikey, Austin doesn't see Chris Jericho who comes from behind and hits him with a bulldog. Jericho then locks Austin in a Liontamer but Austin doesn't give up.

RVD grabs a chair, throws it at Jericho and hits a Van Daminator on the "Ayatollah of Rock-And-Rollah".

He covers him, 1-2... Sabu breaks up the pin with an Arabian Facebuster to the back of RVD's head.

Sabu pulls Jericho on top of Van Dam, as referee Jim Molineaux looks on in disgust whilst counting the three.

Jericho's team wins, despite all 6 men in the contest being laid out.

Winners: Jericho, Pillman and Hennig, with Jericho pinning RVD after Sabu interfeared.

Time: 16:06

Sabu stands over a fallen RVD who is still clutching the back of his head.

The show ends with Sabu pointing to the sky and Joey Styles telling viewers to be sure to order ECW's Barely Legal 2 Pay-Per-View.

First show is up - feedback welcomed :)

The next show is:

ECW Barely Legal 2 on PPV.

Raven vs. Cactus Jack ©

Three Way Dance

Steve Austin vs. Brian Pillman vs. Curt Hennig ©

Loser Leaves Town

The Rematch

Ken Shamrock vs. Taz

Tables & Ladders Match - #1 Contender for ECW TV Title

Rob Van Dam vs. Sabu

Plus Mike Awesome is expected to return to ECW, The Dudley Boyz will defend the ECW Tag Team Titles, as well as appearances from Chris Jericho and many more ECW Stars!

Anyone have a predictions? If you've read any other posts I've made on the forum before I started the diary, it might not be too hard to guess where this show is headed...

I liked your first show, it was heavy on the promos and light on the match write-ups which is exactly how I like diaries to be.

Raven vs. Cactus Jack ©

This is a tough call, I think you can drag this out for a little longer.

Three Way Dance

I am not sure about this one as it seems to me that anyone of these guys could be poached by WCW at any moment. I will go with Mr. Perfect to retain.

Loser Leaves Town

Who really cares if Mark Henry goes?:D

The Rematch

Ken Shamrock vs. Taz

This is Ken's chance for revenge.

Rob Van Dam vs. Sabu

Not going to cheat by looking at your other posts.

Raven vs. Cactus Jack ©

Three Way Dance

Loser Leaves Town

The Rematch

Ken Shamrock vs. Taz

Rob Van Dam vs. Sabu

Thanks for the feedback guys.

And yeah, I will be spending more time on promos than matches - as the promos can really develop the characters and feuds more.

I'll do longer write-ups for PPV matches if the match warrants a longer write up because of story or something significant happening in the match.

A note about Steve Austin, I still have the WWF agreement in place and Austin is signed to me on a PPA agreement. He was approached by WWF, and signed a PPA agreement with them.

Ironically, he did win the 1996 King of the Ring with the WWF - but they've not really done much with him apart from team him with Triple H throughout '97.

Regarding Brian Pillman, I doubt I'll be able to hang on to him much longer - WCW came knocking for him not too long ago but he rejected them in favour of a touring agreement with New Japan Pro-Wrestling, which meant I could keep him on my PPA as well.

I can see WCW going for him again soon though.

Once I hit November, I'll be breaking the WWF agreement in order to give the game some more life. I don't particularly want to do it before that, as November to Remember '97 is effectively ECW's Wrestlemania, so losing half the roster before that is just dumb :p

Raven vs. Cactus Jack ©

Three Way Dance

Loser Leaves Town

The Rematch

Ken Shamrock vs. Taz

Rob Van Dam vs. Sabu

Dark Matches:

The Eliminators def. The FBI in 5:10 with the Total Elimination.

Chris Candido def. Jerry Lynn in 7:53 with the Blonde Bombshell.

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/Events/ECWBarelyLegal.jpg

ECW Barely Legal 2

The ECW Arena, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Week 3, June 1997

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Joey%20Styles.jpg

Joey Styles Opens The Show

A passionate crowd are in attendance all chanting "ECW! ECW! ECW!" over and over again.

Joey Styles: "Hello everyone and welcome to ECW's Barely Legal 2! I'm Joey Styles here at the ECW Arena... Live on Pay-Per-View!"

The crowd burst into cheers and more chants of "ECW! ECW!" take over the ECW Arena.

Joey Styles: "Tonight, 'It All Begins Again' as we return to the ECW Arena where we had our first Pay-Per-View event back in 1995! And tonight, you will see the return of Mike Awesome!"

Mike Awesome gets a mixed reaction from the crowd, despite being a Heel Awesome's ability and match quality has always got him over with the diehard ECW faithful.

Joey Styles: "A Tables & Ladders Match between Sabu and Rob Van Dam!"

An RVD chant erupts throughout the halls of the ECW Arena

Joey Styles: "The return match between Ken Shamrock and Taz!"

A brief '**** You Taz' chant interrupts the RVD chant, which is still going strong

Joey Styles: "And in our main event of the evening, Cactus Jack will defend the World Heavyweight Championship against..."

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Buh%20Buh%20Ray%20Dudley.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/D-Von%20Dudley.jpg

The Dudley Boyz Promo

Joey Styles is stopped mid sentence as Buh Buh Ray and D-Von Dudley (with Joel Gertner) make their way towards the ring. Styles quickly drops the microphone and leaves the ring.

Joel Gertner: "Well, well... we-heh-hell... it is I, the quin..."

Buh Buh snatches the microphone out of Joel's hand

Buh Buh Ray: "Shut the **** up! I don't have time for shtick tonight Joel. Just being in this miserable, piece of shit city, makes me ****ing sick!"

D-Von: "If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times... you people are the most no-good, illiterate, inbred, low life, white collar, fat, overweight pieces of garbage I have ever seen!"

Buh Buh Ray: "Tonight, we stand here in front of you... as three time..."

Joel Gertner: "Three time?"

D-Von: "Three Time!"

Buh Buh Ray: "Tag Team Champions of the World! That's more than Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk, more than The Eliminators, more than The Pitbulls and more than Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko... That makes us, the best tag team in the world today!"

D-Von: "There isn't a team in ECW who can take these belts away from us..."

With that, Natural Born Killaz booms out throughout the ECW Arena and The Gangstas hit the ring!

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/New%20Jack.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mustafa.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Buh%20Buh%20Ray%20Dudley.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/D-Von%20Dudley.jpg

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/Belts/ecwtag.jpg

The Gangstas vs. The Dudley Boyz ©

Double Tables Match for the ECW World Tag Team Titles

Joey Styles quickly informs viewers that this match was announced on ECWWrestling.com earlier this week and was told to anyone who called the ECW Hotline - as a rematch following the controversial end to the tag match on ECW Hardcore TV earlier this week.

The winner would be the first team to put both opposing wrestlers through tables.

A hardcore match that saw plenty of weapons and bleeding throughout the contest. Mustafa was eliminated first, followed by D-Von Dudley.

The final elimination came when New Jack and Mustafa put Buh Buh Ray Dudley through a table with a double suplex. But Joel Gertner had referee Charles Robinson distracted in the corner.

D-Von hits a low blow to both Gangstas from behind, before throwing Mustafa out of the ring. D-Von then smashes New Jack's head with his own trademark guitar, causing New Jack to fall down onto the already broken table.

D-Von pulls Buh Buh to his feet and Gertner lets go of the referee who sees New Jack lying in the broken table. D-Von makes a signal to say that they hit 3D on New Jack and the referee believes them, calling for the bell!

Joey Styles: "God damn it! The Dudleys win... they're still tag team champions! Joel Gertner has saved them from defeat twice in one week!"

Winner: The Dudleys after a screw job finish.

Time: 12:20

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mick%20Foley.jpg

Cactus Jack Promo

Cactus Jack: "Raven, I hope you understand tonight... 'friend'... why I'm going to hurt you tonight... I hope you understand the pain you go through tonight Raven.

You claim Raven, that I left the fans behind and dumped the ECW World Championship belt in the garbage for World Championship Wrestling - that I broke our promise to each other when I left ECW for WCW.

What you forget, my 'friend', is that I poured my heart and soul into Extreme Championship Wrestling, I stood in the middle of the ring, in the ECW Arena and thanked these hardcore fans for every single thing I did for them and every single thing they did for me.

You have to understand Raven, that this... is a business and that my dream was always to be the best wrestler in the world, the best in this business. To see my friends, laughing at me saying 'That's what you want to get involved in?'

And when I went to sleep that night, I dreamt of broken bones, cracked skulls, missing ears, of battered bodies and bloodied corpses... Saying to myself that, 'If it's the last thing I do, if I have to hang myself as a martyr for this BUSINESS I will make sure that this sport of professional wrestling is respected.'

For the past ten years Raven, I've left more of my body behind than you'll ever know. I've left pieces of my skull behind on concrete floors throughout the world Raven!

Lying in a hospital bed, watching my ear being thrown into a garbage can because I didn't know the German word for formaldehyde. Having that nurse tell me, it's all a joke, it's not real... it's JUST WRESTLING!

When Mike Awesome dropped me on my head... it hurt! When Chris Jericho caved in my skull with a steel chair... it hurt! When Terry Funk attacked me with a flaming branding iron... it hurt! It hurt Raven!

But you see, being in World Championship Wrestling, that hurt Raven!

I couldn't be a Warrior or a Macho Man, Raven... I'm too Extreme to be a 'Big Boy' Raven.

I was there for you Raven, through our feuds with Tommy Dreamer and Mikey Whipwreck, right up to that night when Eric Bischoff called me and said, 'come to WCW Mick, we'll feed your family Mick, think of your son Mick.'

And when you called me, a few weeks later and said, 'Mick do you think you can get me a job?' What did I do Raven? WHAT DID I DO!?

For you to say I turned on you and I turned on these fans... that hurts Raven.

So Raven, my... 'friend'... When I punch that pretty face of yours, put you through tables, wrap you in barbed wire and smother you with thumbtacks... I hope that hurts you Raven.

You see Raven, when Mike Awesome dropped me on my head... I got up, and I beat him... When Chris Jericho caved in my skull with a steel chair, I said 'Thank you sir! May I have another sir!'... When Terry Funk burned the flesh from my body - I came back and beat him like he beats his children every single night... and I still came out as World Champion.

You can stand there and wish me to the damned depths of Hell, even send me there yourself Raven... but you'll never take this belt away from me...

So go back to WCW Raven, play with the 'Big Boys' on Nitro... tonight is about then men, tonight we get Extreme."

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mike%20Awesome.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Spike%20Dudley.jpg

Mike Awesome vs. Spike Dudley

We cut back to ECW Arena with Spike Dudley in the ring.

Reckless Fortune's "Awesome Bomb" hits and Mike Awesome makes his way to the ring.

Mike Awesome climbs into the ring and stands face to face with Spike Dudley. The 6 foot 6 'gladiator' dwarfs the 5 foot 9 Little Spike Dudley.

Spike hits a few right hands to Awesome's chest and face but it doesn't faze him at all.

Spike runs into the ropes to get a better run up but catches a stiff lariat that damn near decapitates him.

Awesome grabs Spike Dudley by the hair and yanks him to his feet, before Powerbombing him over the top rope through the time keepers table, to the floor!

A 'Holy Shit!' chant breaks out in the ECW Arena for the first time this evening, Spike is lying in a mess of wood and chairs on the concrete floor.

Awesome drags Spike into the ring, 1-2-3! Awesome wins in dominant fashion.

The match ends with Mike Awesome screaming "Is this the best you've got?" at the ECW crowd.

Winner: Mike Awesome

Time: 3:33

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Bill%20Alfonso.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Sabu.jpg

Bill Alfonso & Sabu Promo

Bill Alfonso: "Rob Van Dam, 'Whole ****ing Show', 'Mr. Monday Night', RVD... it doesn't matter what your name is baby! Barely Legal 2... ECW Arena, this man daddy, Sabu is going to put you through a table and stop you tonight brother!

You've got nothing on this man, Sabu's homicidal, genocidal, suicidal, he's Sabu!

And he's gonna win tonight and then he's gonna win the ECW TV Title next month dadio!

You say your fans are gonna start calling you Mr. PPV? After tonight you're just gonna be a loser! Loser! A LOSER!"

The promo ends with a close up of Sabu's face as he angrily stares down the camera.

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Rob%20Van%20Dam.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Sabu.jpg

Rob Van Dam vs. Sabu

Tables & Ladders Match - #1 Contender for ECW World Television Championship

Before the match begins Joey Styles informs viewers that this is not a traditional ladder match, and that the only way to win is by pinfall or submission.

The match quite possibly could have stolen the show apart from a few botches from Sabu. It featured many memorable spots than ECW fans will talk about for months to come.

The ending came when Sabu went flying off the top rope with a leg drop, missing Rob Van Dam and sent himself crashing through a table.

With both men down Bill Alfonso jumped into the ring to try and revive Sabu.

Fonsie leaps out of the ring and pulls out another table from underneath the ring as Sabu rolls out of the wreckage of the first table, clearly in pain.

Fonsie sets up the new table in the middle of the ring and grabs a steel chair. He turns to the crowd motioning that he's going to crack Van Dam's skull wide open.

Fonsie turns around, Van Dam quickly springs to his feet and hits a Van Daminator on Bill Alfonso! Alfonso gets damn near decapitated and gets busted wide open, falling out of the ring.

Sabu is back up and has a chair of his own, he swings for RVD who ducks the shot. Van Daminator to Sabu!

Sabu goes flying back onto the table that his own manager set up earlier on.

RVD climbs a ladder that was set up from an earlier spot, and leaps off with a Five Star Frog Splash on Sabu through the table!

The referee counts, 1-2-3! Rob Van Dam becomes the new #1 Contender for the ECW World Television Championship!

Winner: Rob Van Dam is the #1 Contender for the ECW TV Title.

Time: 18:36

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Taz.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Ken%20Shamrock.jpg

Taz vs. Ken Shamrock Promo Video

We head back to Joey Styles in the crows nest of the ECW Arena.

Joey Styles: "Fans, I'd like to thank you for purchasing ECW's Barely Legal 2 live on Pay-Per-View tonight. I hope that you're enjoying the show, but now thinks are about to get a whole lot more serious. I apologise right now, because I don't see how I can be impartial in this next contest.

When you've put enough time, effort and passion into this business like we here in the family of ECW have done... it's hard to be unbiased when one of your own family members turns his back on everything you've done to make this work.

Up next... is the rematch between 'The World Most Dangerous Man' Ken Shamrock and 'The Most Ungrateful, Back Stabbing Son of a....'"

Joey pauses to gather himself

Joey Styles: "Just roll the footage..."

The video segment featuring Paul Heyman, Taz and Ken Shamrock from last week's Hardcore TV airs.

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Taz.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Ken%20Shamrock.jpg

Taz vs. Ken Shamrock

The Rematch

In a match that may very well be one of the best matches in ECW history, Ken Shamrock and Taz put on a wrestling clinic.

The ending came when Taz managed to lock Ken Shamrock in the Tazmission.

Joey Styes: "Taz has got it, he's got the Tazmission! The Kata-Ha-Jime is locked in! Nobody has broken out of this hold!"

Taz manages to get one leg hooked around Shamrock's waist, but Shamrock is still standing.

Joey Styles: "That son-of-a-bitch is going to make Shamrock... Wait a minute!"

Shamrock manages to counter and spin around so he's face to face with Taz! He's now got Taz in a waistlock.

Joey Styles: "Shamrock is out of the Kata-Ha-Jime! Taz didn't get a chance to lock it in properly! He hasn't managed to choke out Ken Shamrock!"

Ken Shamrock lets out a blood curdling scream.

With one swift movement, Shamrock hits a stiff looking Overhead Belly-To-Belly Suplex on Taz.

Joey Styles: "Belly-to-Belly Suplex from Shamrock! Taz landed on his head!"

With Taz reeling, Shamrock scrambles for Taz's back and manages to lock in a Rear-Naked Choke.

The ECW Area's roof almost blows off as the crowd cheers for Shamrock.

Joey Styles: "Now Shamrock is going for the choke!"

Taz struggles to reach the ropes three times, each time getting slightly closer.

Joey Styles: "He's got that choke locked in tight! Taz is finger tips away from the ropes, he's going to make it... he's... his hand has dropped!"

The referee checks on Taz, and calls for the bell! Shamrock leaves the hold on for a few more seconds as the referee struggles to eventually break the hold.

Joey Styles: "Shamrock did it! He did it! He choked out Taz! Finally retribution for Ken Shamrock, and retribution for ECW!"

Winner: Ken Shamrock

Time: 22:54

After the match, with Ken Shamrock still celebrating in the ring, Paul Heyman hits the ring.

Heyman motions to Taz to shake Shamrock's hand.

Taz pie faces Heyman and gives Shamrock the bird, before leaving the ring.

Joey Styles: "That son of a... He just doesn't get it! He doesn't get what this is about, it's bigger than Taz, it's bigger than Ken Shamrock..."

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Raven.jpg

Raven Promo

Raven: "For two years, I languished in WCW. For two years, in WCW, I watched my opportunities be given to other wrestlers because they had a more family friendly image.

Cactus Jack, for you to say you 'helped me' by giving me a job in World Championship Wrestling is a laughable at best.

These fans may be too ignorant and too stupid to realise the truth when they see it, but you're no saviour of ECW or martyr for hardcore. You're nothing but a fool, whose been dropped on his head one too many times.

Tonight I get vindication and retribution for your actions two years ago Mick.

Possession is nine tenths of the law - and after tonight, when I become the ECW World Heavyweight Champion, I will be the law and I'll enforce it on you.

Quote The Raven, Nevermore."

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Tommy%20Dreamer.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mark%20Henry.jpg

Joey Styles reminds the fans of Mark Henry's threat of 'Leaving ECW' should he lose tonight, and confirmed that it's been added as a stipulation by Paul Heyman.

The match was decent at best - it had good in ring work from both men but the crowd found it hard to get into the match.

The two men brawled throughout the ECW Arena, in the crowd and even at one point outside the arena.

The ending came when Tommy Dreamer locked in a Crossface submission using a ring of razor wire over the head of Mark Henry. With Henry bleeding heavily, the referee forced Dreamer to release the hold.

Tommy then DDT'd Henry and picked up the victory.

Winner: Tommy Dreamer - Mark Henry will leave ECW.

Time: 11:47

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Steve%20Corino.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Tommy%20Dreamer.jpg

Steve Corino and Tommy Dreamer Segment

'Old School Style' by Boner blasts through the ECW Arena and the crowd erupts into a chorus of boos for Steve Corino who makes his way to the ring.

Corino walks past Mark Henry who is being led from the arena by a mix of security and medics.

He climbs into the ring and begins to sarcastically applaud Tommy Dreamer.

Corino: "Well done Tommy, well done! You've finally got rid of that fat, overweight, no-talent piece of garbage... I never liked him anyway!"

Joey Styles: "What is he talking about? Henry is one of his closest friends, he's been helping Corino take out Tommy and New Jack for months!"

Corino: "But you couldn't do it could you Tommy? You had to use barbed wire didn't you!"

Corino points to the blood stained mat, and the pool of blood that the razor wire is now lying in.

Corino: "Just once I'd like to see you do something impressive! I mean after all, tonight all you did was beat a man who hasn't been in this industry for more than a few months - and you had to use this entire arena to do so.

You see Tommy, the Old School Style is the..."

Tommy Dreamer swiftly kicks Steve Corino right between the legs and delivers a DDT into the pool of blood! Corino is covered in Mark Henry's blood!

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Steve%20Austin.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Brian%20Pillman.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Curt%20Hennig.jpg

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/Belts/ecwtv.jpg

ECW World Television Championship - 3 Way Dance

A truly remarkable match that had tremendous heat and great action from the three workers involved.

The match was incredibly even with all three workers getting in a lot of offence, with no one wrestler truly dominating the match.

The ending came after Pillman went for his Springboard Clothesline - The Air Pillman, but was caught in mid air and countered into a Stunner by Austin!

Hennig quickly ran up behind Austin and threw him out of the ring, then covered Pillman for the 1-2-3 and the victory!

Hennig makes defence number 7 of the ECW World Television Championship and will defend his belt against Rob Van Dam next month at Heat Wave '97 on Pay-Per-View.

Winner: Curt Hennig is still TV Champ, and will face RVD next month.

Time: 25:51

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Raven.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mick%20Foley.jpg

Raven vs. Cactus Jack Promo Video

Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" plays over the top of the video

The video details the careers of Raven and Cactus Jack - showcasing the friendship the two had years ago before Jack left ECW for World Championship Wrestling.

It then shows Cactus Jack's return in November 1996 on Hardcore TV standing toe-to-toe with Mike Awesome, and the eventual World Title victory that Cactus had over Awesome at Guilty As Charged '97.

Finally the video comes to the recent weeks, documenting Raven's return at Wrestelpalooza '97 attacking Cactus Jack.

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Raven.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mick%20Foley.jpg

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/Belts/ecwworld2.jpg

Raven vs. Cactus Jack ©

In a strong main event, we saw numerous close falls in a series of big moves that could have finished the match.

The match saw brawling all around the ringside area and many weapons used, including steel chairs, tables, kendo sticks and a length of guardrail.

Towards the end of the match, Chris Jericho came through the crowd and grabbed a steel chair.

With the referee down, Cactus Jack looked to have Raven beat but Jericho brutally beat down Cactus Jack with the steel chair.

Jericho hit several chair shots to Jack's head and back as Cactus tried to cover up in the foetal position.

Jericho jumped out of the ring and left via the crowd.

Raven rolled on top of Cactus, the referee recovered and counted, 1-2... but Cactus Jack kicked out!

Joey Styles: "Cactus kicked out! He just won't die! He doesn't know when to throw in the towel, I don't know what Raven has to do to beat Mick Foley... and I don't think Raven knows either!"

The ending:

Raven slowly gets to his feet and drags Cactus Jack up with him.

Joey Styles: "Raven is going to DDT Cactus Jack onto that guardrail, just like he did last mo..."

The lights in the ECW Arena go out

Joey Styles: "What now!?... Of course I don't know what's going on, why are you asking me!?"

The lights come back on and another wrestler is in the ring with Raven and Cactus Jack

Joey Styles: "It's Stevie! It's Stevie Richards! He's here to help out Raven! That son of a bitch is going to cost Cactus Jack the ECW World Heavyweight Championship!"

Raven looks at Stevie and releases the front face lock he has on Cactus Jack so that Stevie can Super Kick Cactus.

Raven smiles at Stevie and puts his arms out to his side in the classic crucifix pose

Joey Styles: "Stevie Kick!"

Stevie Richards smashes a Super Kick into his jaw...

Joey Styles: "Stevie Kick to Raven! He's just Stevie Kicked Raven! He didn't even touch Cactus Jack! That was no mistake!"

Stevie pushes a staggering Cactus Jack on top of Raven, 1-2-3! Cactus Jack is still World Champion!

Joey Styles: "Cactus wins? Cactus wins! Stevie Richards has cost Raven the World Heavyweight Championship!"

The ECW Arena brusts into cheers as a chant of "bWo! bWo! bWo!" engulfs the Arena.

Winner: Cactus Jack is still ECW Champ.

Time: 17:40

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Stevie%20Richards.jpg

Stevie Richards Closes The Show

Stevie grabs a microphone from ringside as well as the ECW World Heavyweight Championship belt.

He holds the ECW Title above his head, before placing it on the fallen figure of Cactus Jack.

He raises one fisted arm high as a salute to the ECW crowd.

Stevie Richards: "I'm baaaaack!"

Joey Styles: "Stevie Richards is back in ECW! He's turned on Raven and Cactus Jack is still World Champion? Good night everybody! Oh My God!"

Well done BHK1978 - you correctly predicted all the main matches on the PPV :)

The next show is ECW Hardcore TV - I'll post that tomorrow.

I'll aim to get for around one show every two days, as Hardcore TV is only one hour long.

PPV's may have a three day delay on them as they're around 3 hours or so in length.

If I can do faster turn arounds I will, but I do have a life of course :p

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to have been a little ambitious with my "every few days" posting estimation!!

Sorry to the people waiting on updates on this, I'll do my best to do a post a week - with a new show posted on Saturday or Sunday each week.

Seems much more reasonable for me to write them with my busy schedule. I'll be posting the next ECW show tonight, and if I get a chance I'll post a few more as a way of "catching up".

Dark Match:

Steve Corino def. Lance Storm in 7:29 after a Northern Lights Suplex.

ECW Hardcore TV

Burt Flickinger Center in Buffalo, New York

Week 3, June 1997

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Paul%20Heyman.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Taz.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Ken%20Shamrock.jpg

Paul Heyman Says Tonight's Card Will Change

Paul Heyman: "My name is Paul Heyman and I'm the Executive Producer of Extreme Championship Wrestling. First of all I wanna thank each and every one of you who purchased our last Pay-Per-View - you were part of a group of wrestling fans who collectively made that Pay-Per-View the largest buyrate and the most watched Pay-Per-View in ECW History.

Now, you may be wondering why I'm on your television screen this evening instead of Joey Styles opening our weekly broadcast.

You see we're not like other promotions or federations, we won't jerk you around or try to bullshit you - we're gonna tell you the truth. So I'm telling you right now, that the next hour of programming will be different from advertised. The card is going to change.

If you expected to tune in to see the continuation of Taz and Ken Shamrock's... disagreement - then I'm sorry, that will not be happening tonight.

Thanks to Taz's lack of respect not just for myself, not just for Ken Shamrock, not just for ECW but his lack of respect for the BUISNESS THAT PUTS FOOD ON HIS TABLE. He will not be appearing tonight at the Burt Flickinger Center in Buffalo, New York.

Ken Shamrock, however, is here tonight and as he is somebody who does respect the SPORT of professional wrestling - we want to exploit his talents and show him for all he's worth, so tonight we're going to shuffle up the deck and change things around.

That means you'll see Mike Awesome's return to our television broadcast as he takes on Balls Mahoney. You'll see a rematch from Wrestlepalooza '97, as our World Champion, Cactus Jack, will take on Chris Jericho and in tonight's main event you'll see 'The Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam teaming with Ken Shamrock to take on the team of 'No Gimmicks Needed' Chris Candido and Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy.

Tonight we're going to bring you the best show we can possibly bring you, I'm challenging you right now to find another hour on television with more WRESTLING in their product.

I can safely say that tonight, without Taz - we have the hardest working performers, the best athletes, the most talented wrestlers in the world today - and the men who care the most about the three letters you paid to see last Monday night - ECW."

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Jeff%20Hardy.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Christopher%20Daniels%203.jpg

Jeff Hardy vs. Christopher Daniels

Joey Styles welcomes viewers to the start of the show, and goes on to explain that Taz has garnered a one week suspension for 'pie-facing' Paul E. last night

Styles then puts over both Jeff Hardy and Christopher Daniels. Telling the world that there is a bright future ahead of both these individuals.

The match started slowly, with both men seemingly a little on edge with the opportunity they have in front of them.

During the match, a large disturbance took place in the crowd that visibly caused Jeff Hardy and Christopher Daniels to stop their match and try to work out what to do next.

Joey Styles: "Is... is that Terry Funk?"

Each man landed a fair share of offence before Jeff Hardy got the upper hand and hit a Twist of Fate on Daniels.

The ending came when Terry Funk burst into the ring and made the match uncontrollable. Funk didn't attack either worker, but instead jumped into the ring and stole a microphone and began an "ECW! ECW!" chant and began bouncing off the ropes.

Winner: Draw after Terry Funk caused the referee to throw the match out.

Time: 4:46

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Terry%20Funk.jpg

Terry Funk Interupts The Show

Joey Styles: "Terry Funk has lost his damn mind! This is the biggest night of these two wrestlers careers, and Terry Funk has cost them the opportunity of a lifetime!"

Terry Funk: "How're you Jimmy!"

Funk attempts an interview with referee Jim Molineuax who clearly has no idea what's going on

Molineuax places his hand over the microphone but you can still hear his response.

Molineuax: "Terry what are you doing..."

Funk: "Jerry! Jerry come here boy!"

Realising Terry Funk is talking to him, Jeff Hardy shakes his head and jumps out of the ring and heads up the aisle.

Joey Styles: talking under his breath "...what're you asking me for? I didn't invite him tonight? Of course I don't know why he's here..."

Funk: "ECW! ECW! ECW!"

A pocket of the Bufallo crowd chants along with Terry Funk, though the vast majority seem just as confused as the workers in the ring

Joey Styles: talking under his breath "Why are we still showing this?"

Daniels: talking off mic "Terry you cost us our spot... it was our chance tonight."

Terry Funk slaps Christopher Daniels across the face - realising things have taken a violent turn, Jim Molineuax and Christopher Daniels leave the ring.

Funk: "Funk you Tommy! Funk you Tommy Dreamer! Corino was right! You're a bastard Tommy!"

Joey Styles: talking under his breath "Just go to commercials, I don't know what we can show, just cut to commercials..."

ECW Hardcore TV cuts to a commercial break...

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Terry%20Funk.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Paul%20Heyman.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Tommy%20Dreamer.jpg

Terry Funk Interrupts The Show

When we return from commercials, both Paul Heyman and Tommy Dreamer are now in the ring with Terry Funk - no microphones are being used, but the crowd is quiet enough that you can still easily hear what's being said.

Funk: "You cut my mic! I made this company Paul E. I made this company and I can't even talk on TV!"

Heyman: "Terry just come backstage, we'll talk there... PLEASE we don't need this tonight..."

Funk: "You don't need this! YOU don't need this? What about me? Tommy you bastard! You don't realise these people don't care about you! You bastard, you're a fool Tommy!"

Dreamer: "Please Terry, we don't have to do this out here..."

Tommy goes to put his arm around Terry Funk, but Funk pushes him away.

Funk: "Don't you dare touch me you bastard...you can't touch me... you don't deserve to touch me..."

Heyman: "Terry please, just come backstage... I don't want to get security out here, just leave now Terry..."

Funk: "I'll make you a deal Paul E. Dangerously... you give me a microphone and let me talk... and I'll get off your show... Forever... forever Paul Heyman!"

Heyman: "Give him a damn microphone..."

Tommy: "Paul you can't..."

A worker hands Terry Funk a microphone, as the ringside area fills with security and ECW wrestlers, there's barely a worker left backstage at this point.

Funk: "Is this on? It is?... Tommy! You... you son.... you don't understand Tommy! These people are leeches... that suck away the life of each and every wrestler in this business!

When I fall off a ladder, crash through a table or break my damn neck! They cheer! They don't care about me Tommy! They don't give a damn about me Tommy!"

Tommy: "Terry please..."

Funk: "They don't love you Tommy! I love you, you bastard... I love you Tommy Dreamer... When you grabbed that barbed wire on Monday night, and wrapped it around Mark Henry's head... these fans cheered... not for you Tommy, but for the blood... these bastards screamed and cheered for the blood!

If Mark Henry tore your head off and pissed down your throat... they'd cheer because of the blood stained canvas you'd leave! You bastards don't care about us!

Steve Corino has been telling you for months, that ECW will kill you... You're dying Tommy, don't you die on me Tommy, don't you die on me!

The only way you'll ever get over with these fans is when you die... do you want to die Tommy!? I'll kill you, you bastard... and they'll cheer... they'll cheer you then Tommy Dreamer... when you die as a martyr for ECW..."

Heyman: "Stop him now..."

Security promptly tackle Terry Funk who goes kicking and screaming to the ground.

Funk: "ECW! ECW! EC-W You bastards! You bastards will kill us all!"

ECW Hardcore TV cuts to a commercial break...

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mike%20Awesome.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Balls%20Mahoney.jpg

Mike Awesome vs. Balls Mahoney

Joey Styles: "Fans, I have to apologise if there's anything you heard in our last segment that you might have found upsetting or disturbing. Clearly Terry Funk's appearance tonight was unexpected and... anyway, they always say the show must go on - up next is former ECW World Heavyweight Champion, Mike Awesome against the Hardcore Chair Swinging Freak, Balls Mahoney."

After a close fought battle, which saw a memorable steel chair dual - Mike Awesome gained the victory after hitting an Awesome Bomb on Balls Mahoney through four steel chairs that were set up in a sitting position.

Winner: Mike Awesome

Time: 6:16

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/New%20Jack.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mustafa.jpg

The Gangstas Promo

Mustafa spends the majority of the promo laughing hysterically and maniacically, standing next to New Jack

New Jack: "Joel Gertner you fat piece of mother ****ing shit... you stole from the Gangstas, you stole those Title belts from us when we had those mother ****ers in our hand!

Ya see, now you changed the game Joel - now it ain't about those belts, it's about whippin' your white ass.

Buh Buh Ray, D-Von... you better watch your backs - you talk all that shit, like you're hardcore... you're extreme... You don't know extreme, you punk mother ****ers. Me and Mustafa are extreme - next time we see you sons of bitches, we're gonna beat you like a pimp beats a ho.

Joel Gertner, when The Gangstas get through with you, you best believe that your ass belongs to us.

Next time we see you white boys, somebody is gonna get cut up, and it ain't gonna be us. This ain't no work... Dudleys, I hope you trailer park boys have got good health insurance... cause we're gonna rip a new hole in your ass!"

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mick%20Foley.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Chris%20Jericho.jpg

Cactus Jack vs. Chris Jericho

Joey Styles: "Our first main event of the evening - the last time these two faced off was Wrestlepalooza '97, live on Pay-Per-View where Chris Jericho came within a fraction of a second of beating Cactus Jack and winning the World Heavyweight Championship.

The last time these two were in the same ring, Jericho wrapped a steel chair around Cactus' head... Is tonight Cactus' chance for revenge?"

In a close fought contest that saw a mixture of Cactus' brawling style and Jericho's mat-wrestling, the ending came when Cactus Jack was attacked by Raven.

Raven jumped into the ring and began stomping away at Cactus in the corner of the ring.

Winner: Cactus Jack after the referee lost complete control of the match.

Time: 11:54

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mick%20Foley.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Raven.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Chris%20Jericho.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Stevie%20Richards.jpg

Brawl For It All

Styles: "Jericho does NOT look impressed with Raven! He just cost him his chance at beating the World Champion!"

Jericho attempts to pull Raven off Cactus to get an explanation, but gets thrown back.

Jericho looks frustrated but again goes over to Raven, who pushes him away again and continues to work over Cactus Jack in the corner.

Jericho runs at Raven in an attempt to push him off Cactus, but gets countered and gets back-dropped to the floor! Raven then goes back to kicking a fallen Cactus Jack in the corner.

Joey Styles: "Raven looks obsessed with hurting Cactus!"

Jericho grabs a chair from ringside and slides back in the ring. He motions that he's going to hit Raven in the back of the head with it.

Raven turns around and Jericho drops the chair, puts his hands up and backs away.

Joey Styles: "That might just be the most intelligent thing I've ever seen Jericho do... this isn't his battle to fight..."

Jericho leaves the ring and shouts "Not tonight!"

Raven drags Cactus Jack to the centre of the ring, above the steel chair that Jericho dropped, and signals for the Evenflow DDT.

Joey Styles: "It's Stevie! Stevie is here!"

Raven sees Stevie Richards, who's just jumped over the guardrail and pushes Cactus Jack away. He motions for Stevie to get in the ring.

Joey Styles: "Raven and Stevie! They're gonna go at it! Raven hasn't forgot what happened at the ECW Arena! Stevie cost him the World Title!"

Stevie Richards stands on the apron as Raven gestures for him to step through the ropes.

Styles: "Cactus is up!"

Cactus Jack grabs Raven and spins him around...

Styles: "Double Arm DDT! Onto the chair! Raven is out!"

Cactus gets up to one knee, and makes the "BANG! BANG!" sign for the crowd who duly pop for it.

Cactus gets to his feet, turns around...

Styles: "Stevie Kick! Stevie Kick! Cactus is out as well!"

Stevie Richards stands in the centre of the ring, he pushes the hair out of his eyes and raises one fist to the crowd.

Styles: "Stevie Richards is back with a bang! But what the hell is he doing here, whose side is he on!?"

ECW cuts to a commercial break

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Rob%20Van%20Dam.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Ken%20Shamrock.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Chris%20Candido.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Terry%20Gordy.jpg

RVD & Shamrock vs. Candido & Gordy

In what can only be described as a perfect showcase of the raw talent that ECW's roster truly has, Van Dam and Shamrock looked to have formed a very entertaining partnership.

The ending came with all four men began brawling in the ring - Shamrock hit a stiff looking German Suplex on Terry Gordy who landed awkwardly on his head while RVD hit the 5 Star Frog Splash on Candido.

Van Dam pinned Candido and picked up the three count and the victory.

Winner: Rob Van Dam & Ken Shamrock

Time: 16:02

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Curt%20Hennig.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Rob%20Van%20Dam.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Joey%20Styles.jpg

Hennig Closes The Show

Joey Styles: "Fans, thank you for tuning in to another episode of ECW's Hardcore TV - don't forget, Monday night, July 21st 1997 is ECW's next Pay-Per...argh!"

With that, Curt Hennig pushes Joey Styles over and steals his headset.

Curt Hennig: "We don't go home, until I say we go home... After all, how can you have a television broadcast without showcasing your World Television Champion.

And when you talk about champions, when you talk about 'Show Stealers', you talk about a man who has it all - the only man whose Perfect - me, Curt Hennig.

Rob Van Dam, you might be 'Mr Pay-Per-View', you might be 'Mr Monday Night', 'The Whole F'N Show'... but you'll never be Perfect.

Never before has there been a man in ECW whose talked the talk and walked the walk like I have.

Why don't we talk about reality for a second Joey Styles, why don't talk about facts for a second - Rob Van Dam, the reality is that ever since you stepped into an ECW ring, you've modelled yourself on me. The fact of the matter is that you've never, ever got to my level.

So congratulations on beating Sabu, congratulations on getting your chance to shine, on getting an opportunity to wrestle for the Television Championship. Because that's all it'll ever be, an opportunity.

So at Heat Wave 97 Rob, it doesn't matter what you want to call yourself or how good you think you are - you'll never beat Curt Hennig.

You'll never beat... Perfection."

Hennig takes off the headset and throws it back at Joey Styles, who stands there shaking his head as Curt walks out of the camera shot and ECW Hardcore TV fades to black.

ECWWrestling.com

Locker Room News

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mike%20Awesome.jpg

ECW Bids Farewell to Mike Awesome

The longest reigning World Heavyweight Champion in ECW history has signed an exclusive contract with World Championship Wrestling.

The 6' 6" "Gladiator" from Tampa, Florida joined ECW in September 1996 defeating Spike Dudley in a tables match in his debut at Gangstas Paradise in front of 2,000 fans in the Ice Garden.

Mike Awesome would go on to win the World Heavyweight Championship in a tournament to crown a new champion at Living Dangerously 1996, a title he would hold for over 10 months.

Mike Awesome will make his final appearance for ECW on this weeks edition of Hardcore TV held at the world famous ECW Arena.

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Taz.jpg

Taz Returns to ECW

The Human Suplex Machine returns to Extreme Championship Wrestling on this weeks edition of Hardcore TV, following his brief suspension for attacking ECW's Executive Producer, Paul Heyman.

What will Taz have in store for Ken Shamrock, the man who handed him his first loss since September 1996? What will Paul Heyman have to say to the man who pie faced him live on Pay-Per-View?

Tune in this week to ECW's Hardcore TV to find out!

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/Events/ECWHeatwave%20(2).jpg

ECW on Pay-Per-View

Extreme Championship Wrestling returns to Pay-Per-View, Monday 21st July 1997 with Heat Wave '97.

Confirmed Card

ECW World Television Championship Match

Rob Van Dam vs. Curt Hennig ©

Also featuring - Cactus Jack, Raven, Stevie Richards, The Dudley Boyz, The Gangstas, Tommy Dreamer and many more!

I seem to have been a little ambitious with my "every few days" posting estimation!!

Sorry to the people waiting on updates on this, I'll do my best to do a post a week - with a new show posted on Saturday or Sunday each week.

Seems much more reasonable for me to write them with my busy schedule. I'll be posting the next ECW show tonight, and if I get a chance I'll post a few more as a way of "catching up".

Yeah I had that problem with my first diary. I said I would post once a week and then I found myself missing my mark. Now I make no promises as to when a show will go up. Sometimes I do two in one week, sometimes I only do one in an entire month. To me that is the key to keeping a diary going, never feeling like you have to get a show out there.

No matter what you have me hooked, so you will always have one person who reads every time you update.

Dark Matches:

Chris Jericho def. Jeff Hardy in 6:24 with a Liontamer.

Sabu and Brian Pillman def. Spike Dudley and Mikey Whipwreck in 5:59 when Pillman hit the Air Pillman on Spike.

ECW Hardcore TV

The ECW Arena, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Week 4, June 1997

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Joey%20Styles.jpg

In Memory of Bob Shamrock

This weeks episode of Hardcore TV opens on a sad note with the words "In memory of Bob Shamrock", which are written underneath a picture of Ken Shamrock's father.

Joey Styles: "It's with great regret that I have to inform you, our loyal fans, that Ken Shamrock will not be in attendance tonight following the unfortunate passing of his father, Bob Shamrock.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Ken and his entire family at this time."

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Buh%20Buh%20Ray%20Dudley.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/D-Von%20Dudley.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/John%20Kronus.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Perry%20Saturn.jpg

The Dudley Boyz vs. The Eliminators

Hardcore Tag Team Match

The match begins with both teams in the ring, but with Joel Gertner notably absent from The Dudleyz corner.

The match was very open, with both teams getting in a fair share of offense. The Dudley Boyz were noticeably distracted by the fact that their manager was missing - with Joey Styles continually making reference to it during commentary.

The ending came when Buh Buh Ray called for the 3D to be hit on Saturn, but The Gangstas music hit!

The Dudleyz turned to face the entrance way but nobody comes through the curtain.

New Jack: "Hey! Hey... you white ass trailer trash! Up here..."

Joey Styles: "It's The Gangstaz - and they've got Joel Gertner!"

The Dudley Boyz turn to face the crow's nest in the ECW Arena where The Gangstaz have a beaten Joel Gertner who is pleading to be let go and screaming for help from The Dudleyz. New Jack holds Gertner by a handful of his greasy hair whilst Mustafa holds a trashcan full of "toys".

New Jack: "I told you ************s last week that we were gonna get you... Gertner, you cost us... week in, week out... so tonight ,we're gonna cut you up!"

With that Mustafa ties a piece of cable around the feet of Joel Gertner and New Jack pulls a scythe out of the trashcan.

Joey Styles: "Somebody better call 911... this isn't looking good..."

A "Holy Shit" chant fills the ECW Arena. The Eliminators are slowly regrouping at ringside as The Dudleyz scream at The Gangstaz from the ring.

New Jack: "Dudley Boyz... consider this a receipt..."

With that Mustafa smashes the trashcan over the back of Joel Gertner's head, knocking him unconscious.

The Eliminators hit both D-Von and Buh Buh Ray from behind with steel chairs. Buh Buh Ray hits the canvas like a sack of potatoes, whilst D-Von stumbles into the centre of the ring clutching his back.

Joey Styles: "TOTAL ELIMINATION! 1... 2... 3! The Eliminators beat the Tag Team Champions!"

The camera cuts back to the crow's nest as Mustafa is laughing uncontrollably, with New Jack screaming "Do it!" at him.

Mustafa grabs Gertner and throws him off the balcony of the crow's nest towards the concrete floor below, the cable snags and holds Joel's weight as it slams him against the wall of the ECW Arena.

Joey Styles: "New Jack and Mustafa have lost their minds! They've just hung Joel Gertner from the rafters of ECW Arena!"

New Jack: "Dudleyz... this is just the start, you ****ers... Week by week, night by night... your asses belong to us..."

Winner: The Eliminators after The Dudley Boyz were distracted by The Gangstas

Time: 9:06

The camera focuses on the unconscious, bloodied body of Joel Gertner hanging upside down from the crow's nest of the ECW Arena as we cut to a commercial break.

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Stevie%20Richards.jpg

Stevie Breaks His Silence

We return to Hardcore TV as the camera shows a blood stained wall where moments ago, Joel Gertner's body was hanging before we cut to Joey Styles at the broadcast position in the ECW Arena.

Joey Styles: "You know... a lot of other promotions say 'Anything can happen' on their television shows, but it's usually the same old thing week in week out..."

Joey glances down towards the cable that was holding The Dudley Boyz manager a few short minutes ago, and shakes his head in disbelief.

Joey Styles: "Two weeks ago in that very ring, Stevie Richards shocked the wrestling world when he returned to ECW... and made a statement that positioned himself at the top of the ECW locker room. Tonight, for the first time since his shocking return at Barely Legal 2... Stevie Richards, breaks his silence..."

Static appears on the screen as we cut to Stevie Richards sitting backstage in a darkened room, slumped over clutching onto a toy ECW World Heavyweight title belt.

Stevie slowly rubs his hand over the top of the belt which sits in his lap. He laughs to himself ironically before looking up at the camera.

Stevie: "It just doesn't feel the same... It doesn't even come close...

You know, I still remember that night when I decided to leave ECW for World Championship Wrestling. Going into Paul Heyman's office, telling him I was handing in my notice, saying my goodbyes to the guys in the back.

I was moving on to bigger and better things. More money, more opportunities.

Ha... more lies, more politics.

Things weren't different at all. I went to WCW to build a career... but it was just the same all over again. Stevie Richards, Raven's lackey... always in the shadows, always a footnote, never the main man.

So here we are, back in Extreme Championship Wrestling... back in the ECW Arena. But this time things are different. This time it won't be the same.

Raven, I don't care if you're my best friend, I don't care if you're my brother, if you're my mother... I'd kick the taste out of your mouth any chance I get.

I'm not gonna be standing behind you as you cast a shadow on my career.

It's time stepped out of your shadow, it's time I grabbed that spotlight and forced it to shine on me.

That night, when I kicked your teeth down your throat, and cost you your chance to be ECW World Champion again... when I closed the show, with that belt..."

Stevie pauses and stares at the plastic ECW title he has on his lap, he stands up and throws the belt across the room.

Stevie: "When I closed the show with the REAL ECW World Championship in my hand... that was the moment, when I knew, I had finally rid myself of the stench and the disease that you've given me Raven.

I've removed that cancer, and now I'm free to grow and be me... be the best that I can be.

But when I dropped that belt back down onto Cactus Jack, that was the worst decision of my life. Worse than leaving ECW for World Championship Wrestling.

You see that feeling of the gold in my hand, was like a needle to a heroin addicts vein.

I still lay awake at night, wishing, dreaming, hoping... for the next time I'll get to hold that belt again.

Cactus, you hold that belt tight, you better cherish the time you have with it, because I promise it won't be long.

That moment at Barely Legal 2, when I stood with the World Heavyweight Championship above my head... will be a moment that will last a lifetime.

You better get used to seeing it, because next time I hold the gold, I guarantee I won't be putting it back on Cactus Jack's fallen carcass."

Stevie Richards walks out of shot, and the lights lift on the darkened room, as Stevie literally steps out of the shadows of his career.

The segment ends as we see a poster hanging on the wall where Stevie was standing, showing Stevie Richards with the ECW World Championship held in one hand high above his head, and a fallen Cactus Jack lying on top of Raven at the Barely Legal 2 Pay-Per-View.

We cut to static, and then to a commercial break

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Rob%20Van%20Dam.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Christopher%20Daniels%203.jpg

Rob Van Dam vs. Christopher Daniels

Styles: "This is a must win match for both men tonight. For Christopher Daniels, it's his chance to prove himself at this level after Terry Funk interrupted his debut last week. For Rob Van Dam, it's his chance to continue to build himself towards his TV Title match with Curt Hennig at Heat Wave '97."

The match had a decent amount of crowd reaction, mainly for RVD - Daniels looked promising a showed a decent amount of offense against RVD.

The ending came when RVD clattered Daniels with a spinning heel kick to the jaw as Daniels was in mid air following a failed springboard attack.

Van Dam positioned Christopher Daniels in the corner and hits the Split Legged Moonsault to pick up the victory.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

Time: 8:36

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Curt%20Hennig.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Rob%20Van%20Dam.jpg

Hennig Is Perfection

Van Dam is in the ring celebrating following his impressive performance against the newcomer, Christopher Daniels.

Styles: "Van Dam looked in impressive form tonight, if I were Curt Hennig I'd be..."

With that, Curt Hennig slides into the ring with a steel chair, and the ECW TV title around his waist.

Styles: "Here tonight! It's Curt Hennig!"

He destroys the steel chair over the back of RVD's head, who falls out of the ring onto the cold concrete floor of the ECW Arena.

Styles: "Hennig just ambushed Rob Van Dam, he never even saw him coming!"

Hennig takes the ECW World Television Championship from around his waist and places it over his shoulder, patting the belt.

Hennig: "Perfection... Hahahaha... you can't beat it!"

The camera cuts back to Van Dam who's clutching at the back of his head, still on the floor of the ECW Arena.

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Taz.jpg

Taz Returns... And Makes A Statement

Taz' music plays and he marches to the ring, Hennig jumps out of the ring and vaults over the guardrail not wanting any piece of the Human Suplex Machine.

Styles: "It's Taz! The most miserable son of a bitch on the planet... he does NOT look happy... there's a surprise..."

Taz grabs a mic from ringside and gets in to the ring. A "**** You Taz" chant fills the ECW Arena.

Taz: "You fans can shove it... Boo me all you want, call me a bitch and a sell out, I don't give a shit.

Paul Heyman... you wanna make out that I don't respect you, you're right... I don't.

You wanna make out that I don't respect the guys in the back, you're right... I don't. I'm better than all them.

You make out that I don't give a shit about this company, that I don't respect this company... you're damn right, I don't give a **** about this company or its fans.

But you wanna say I don't give two shits about this sport? About the business that puts food on my table? You're dead wrong you ****ing moron.

Ken Shamrock, we've danced twice now... it's one each, you choked me out, I choked you out... now bring your punk ass to the ring and we'll settle this once and for all.

I'll choke you out again, and make you my ****ing bitch!"

Taz paces back and forth in the ring, waiting for Shamrock to show his face.

Taz: "I ain't got all day... Come on Shamrock, right here, right now... the rubber match, we'll settle this tonight..."

Taz stares angrily towards the entrance way.

Styles: "Taz knows Shamrock's not here tonight - this piece of work just wants to make a statement..."

Taz: "Come on Kenny Boy, I know you're here you son of a bitch... Get your ass out here you chicken shit."

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Taz.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Paul%20Heyman.jpg

Heyman tries to reason with Taz

Paul Heyman and a host of ECW production crew come through the curtain. Heyman is standing in the aisle of the ECW arena, with no microphone in hand, he's screaming at Taz to stop.

Taz: "Oh look, it's the booker-man... Heyman, I don't give a shit if I'm on your TV program and I'm ruining your show. You tell your guys to go get your marquee man, your poster boy for 'Wrestling' and get him in this mother****ing ring, right now!"

Heyman climbs into the ring with Taz.

Joey Styles: "The boss is braver than I am... that might be a mistake to get in there with Taz in the mood he's in."

Heyman: "He's not here Taz..."

Taz: "What a ****ing coincidence... what a surprise... you suspend me from TV last week and he's there, I turn up this week and he's not. Last year when I ruined your moment... when you unveiled your signing to the world, you protected that son of a bitch, and took me off TV and stopped my paycheques coming in.

It's deja-****ing-vu!"

Heyman: "There's no coincidences Taz, his father has passed away, this show is supposed to be a tribute to Bob Shamrock. Ken isn't here, he's with family..."

Taz: "I don't give two shits about Bob Shamrock, if he was alive and here right now... I'd choke him out and leave his cold body on the floor..."

Heyman: "You son of a..."

Taz grabs Heyman by the throat and gets in his face.

Taz: "You think I'm scared of you Paul, you think you push me around like the boys in the back? There's nothing you can do to me..."

Heyman: "You're fired!"

Taz reaches for Paul's leg whilst still holding Heyman by the throat and hits a sick looking T-Bone Suplex on Paul Heyman.

Joey Styles: "Tazplex! Taz just Tazplex'd... Paul Heyman!?"

Taz mounts Heyman from behind and locks in the Tazmission on the owner of Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Joey Styles: "Taz has snapped! This S-O-B is choking out Paul Heyman, he's choking out the boss!"

The other ECW crew that were with Heyman try to pull Taz off of him, but to no avail - Heyman is choked unconscious by the Tazmission.

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Paul%20Heyman.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Taz.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Tommy%20Dreamer.jpg

It's Tommy!

Tommy Dreamer runs down the aisle and slides into the ring and puts the boots to Taz who still has the hold locked in.

Styles: "It's Tommy! He bleeds ECW! He's attacking Taz!"

Taz eventually breaks the hold and he trades blows with Dreamer. It's not long before Taz gets the upper-hand and hits a hits a head-and-arm Tazplex on Tommy.

Taz screams, "Is that the all you've got!" at Tommy who's down and clutching at his neck.

Taz grabs the microphone off the mat.

Taz: "Shamrock... I hope you've got in real good with the undertakers at your funeral home... Cause after they've buried you're father... I promise... you're next..."

Taz slams the microphone onto the canvas of the ring as the ECW faithful let out an audible gasp in shock of the comments Taz has just made.

Joey Styles: "That son of a..."

We cut to static, and cut commercials

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mike%20Awesome.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Masato%20Tanaka.jpg

Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka

Styles: "It wouldn't be ECW without controversy. So from Taz' attack on Paul Heyman, to Mike Awesome quitting the company that made him the star he is today."

A brief highlights package of Mike Awesome's career is played as he makes his way to the ring. A chorus of "You sold out! You sold out!" echoes through the halls of the ECW Arena.

Styles: "The former Heavyweight Champion of the World, the longest reigning Heavyweight Champion in the history of Extreme Championship Wrestling, Mike Awesome - has signed his soul to the devil. He's leaving for World Championship Wrestling.

The man who aims to spoil the leaving party, is a man who has proven to be a constant thorn in Mike Awesome's side.

Masato Tanaka and Mike Awesome have had hardcore wars in Japan, and their matches here in Extreme Championship Wrestling have always torn the roof off any building they've been in.

Tonight, the man from the FMW promotion in Japan, aims to put away Mike Awesome once and for all!"

The crowd were incredibly hot for this match, and the two workers duly delivered a performance that merited the fans reactions. Both men worked stiff and put on incredibly hard hitting performance.

The ending came when Mike Awesome hit an Awesome Bomb on Tanaka sending him crashing through a table.

Styles: "Awesome Bomb - destroying Tanaka! 1...2... Thr-No! No! Tanaka kicked out!"

An "ECW! ECW! ECW!" chant fills the arena. While the referee pushes the shards of broken wood out of the ring, Awesome slits his throat signalling for the end.

Awesome grabs some steel chairs, used earlier in the match, and puts them in a pile in the centre of the ring.

Styles: "Awesome is going to drive Masato Tanaka through those steel chairs, and leave ECW making a massive impact!"

Awesome lifts Tanaka into the air for another Awesome Bomb.

Styles: "Awesome Bo-Counter... DDT! Tanaka hits a modified Tornado DDT into a pile of chairs!"

Tanaka covers Awesome, leaning back with all his weight!

Styles: "1...2...Awesome kicks out!"

The crowd cheers loudly as a "This is Awesome!" chant builds in the ECW Arena.

Styles: "The fans are right... but for Masato Tanaka it's so much more! He has never beat Mike Awesome on US soil and this may very well be his last chance!"

Both men wearily try to get back to their feet. Tanaka makes it up first, he screams in Japanese to the crowd as he clutches his right elbow - a signal for his finisher, the Roaring Elbow.

Awesome grabs a chair as he gets to his feet.

He swings for Tanaka, but misses... Tanaka does a 360 and drives his elbow into the steel chair, smashing it off the skull of Mike Awesome!

Styles: "Roaring Elbow! 1-2-3! He did it! He did it! Masato Tanaka has beaten Mike Awesome! Tanaka has driven the final nail in the casket that holds Mike Awesome's ECW career!"

Winner: Masato Tanaka via a Roaring Elbow into a steel chair.

Time: 15:12

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Mike%20Awesome.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Steve%20Austin.jpg

An Awesome Goodbye

Every fan in the ECW Arena is standing, applauding one of the finest matches in ECW history. Tanaka and Awesome stand in the ring and slap hands - a brief sign of respect between the two.

Tanaka jumps out of the ring, leaving Awesome in the ring on his own to soak up the reaction of the fans.

Chants of "You are Awesome!", "Thank you Awesome!" ring out around the ECW Arena for the man who held the ECW World Heavyweight Championship for ten months.

Awesome holds his hand in the air as he is passed a microphone.

Awesome: "I guess, by now... it's no secret that this was my last match in ECW..."

The fans boo, then begin a "Please don't go!" chant that lasts a good minute as the longest reigning ECW Champion looks visibly moved by this unexpected reaction from the ECW faithful.

Awesome: "I just wanted to say one thing before I go..."

Steve Austin's music hits, and he makes his way down to the ring to a mixed reaction from the crowd. Austin is clearly over with the fans, but this unexpected interruption during a sombre moment has raised an expected bad feeling amongst many fans.

Styles: "What the Hell does Austin want with Mike Awesome?"

Austin: "Mike, you big som-bitch, I hear you're leaving us to go where the 'Big Boys Play With Each Other'..."

Styles: "Oh God, I see another lawsuit on the horizon..."

Austin: "Well... I thought I'd come down here and give you a proper sending off, so I've got you a gift."

Awesome looks visibly confused at Austin.

Austin: "If you want me to give Mike Awesome his leaving present... Gimme a 'Hell Yeah'!"

The crowd scream "HELL YEAH!" in unison.

Styles: "STUNNER!"

Austin hits a Stunner on Awesome, who goes flying into the air and hits the canvas with a thud.

Austin: "You tell Eric I said, 'Hi'..."

The camera focuses on Mike Awesome who is spread eagled, unconscious in the middle of the ring as the crowd chant "E-C-Dub! E-C-Dub!"

The last thing we see, is Mike Awesome's unconscious face as we fade out of Hardcore TV for this weeks show.

Yeah I had that problem with my first diary. I said I would post once a week and then I found myself missing my mark. Now I make no promises as to when a show will go up. Sometimes I do two in one week, sometimes I only do one in an entire month. To me that is the key to keeping a diary going, never feeling like you have to get a show out there.

No matter what you have me hooked, so you will always have one person who reads every time you update.

I'm much the same. While sticking to a schedule works best for some diary writiers, I'm amongst those who feel constrained by suuch self-imposed deadlines. It turns the joy of writing into work and that's not fun.

And you have two readers for sure, as I've been enjoying this as well. Nice work on the just-posted show. Great way to send out Awesome.

ECWWrestling.com

Wrestling News

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Chris%20Benoit.jpg

Chris Benoit Passes Away

ECWWrestling.com is sad to report the tragic passing of one of the brightest talents in all of profressional wrestling.

"The Crippler" Chris Benoit entertained thousands of fans in Extreme Championship Wrestling from 1994 through 1995.

However it was in 1996, when Benoit cemented himself as one of the best wrestlers in the world, finishing 3rd in the much respected Power 100 list.

ECW will hold a memorial show for Chris Benoit on Saturday night, July 19th at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York.

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/Events/ECW4.jpg

ECW Presents: The Chris Benoit Memorial Show

Extreme Championship Wrestling presents the Chris Benoit Memorial Show, from the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, live Saturday July 19th 1997.

ECW have reached out to many stars who hold Chris Benoit dear to their hearts and are boasting a card that will celebrate the life of one of the true greats in the sport today.

The card will feature past ECW alumni including some of Benoit's most memorable opponents, as well as The Crippler's tag team partners from Japan.

It also features wrestlers trained in the legendary "Hart Family Dungeon" where Benoit learnt his trade.

Confirmed Card

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Bret%20Hart.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Owen%20Hart.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Chris%20Jericho.jpghttp://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Brian%20Pillman.jpg

Bret Hart & Owen Hart vs. Chris Jericho & Brian Pillman

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Dean%20Malenko.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Eddie%20Guerrero.jpg

Dean Malenko vs. Eddy Guerrero

http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/Curt%20Hennig.jpg vs. http://www.blomquist.co.uk/tew/pics/British%20Bulldog.jpg

Curt Hennig vs. Davey Boy Smith

Also featuring - Shinjiro Otani, Perry Saturn, Jushin Thunder Liger, Christian Cage, Steve Austin, Edge, Too Cold Scorpio and many more!

Stay tuned to ECW's television broadcasts and ECWWrestling.com as more names will be added to the show very soon!

Benoit's contract with WCW was coming to an end, and I was actually hoping to bring him back to ECW to add some incredible wrestling talent to the locker room.

Unfortunately this will have to do. I've signed working agreements with WCW and a few Japanese promotions in order to pull this off - the WCW agreement will be torn up as soon as the show is over.

All talent loaned in have a one night agreement.

The show will be held just 3 days before Heat Wave '97 and will have zero storylines involved, it'll be booked as a true memorial show as talent pay homage Benoit - I will for kayfabe reasons keep certain stars off the show, I'm sure you can guess who.

I'm also in talks with a number of other workers, and a few Canadian workers who will add to the card.

I'll keep the news posts up to date with the card, and expect Styles and Heyman to keep the card up-to-date on TV as well.

Speaking of TV, there's two TV shows before our next PPV Heat Wave '97 - so expect a fair few matches announced for that shortly :)

That last Hardcore TV episode was amazing, the promos were just so well written. You actually made me care about Stevie Richards with that promo which is huge because in real life I never cared about him and found him to be highly annoying.

It is so weird to see Christopher Daniels with hair.

Thanks guys. Yeah real shame Benoit has already gone...

Those wondering how I can afford to pull off the show, I've given my self a little extra cash to put on the show using the editor - but will be taking away any cash I make, plus the cash used to put on the show once the show is complete.

It means I can do close to what ECW did for Terry Funk (his Wrestlefest show in '97), with limited funds.

As said, the cash will go back into the editor - essentially under the lines "All proceeds go to Chris Benoit's family" :)

So the promotion might get a little popularity gain from the show (again like Funk's retirement show when he fought Bret Hart), but will gain little to no money.

Archived