WMMA 3: The League

I'll just be spectating, actually. There are enough people that I don't need to join in.

Well so far we have 5 or 6 members I believe.

The Authority wants UK.

Renegade wants EU.

ZackUFC wants CA.

cymru96 wants JA or SA.

Rebby wants a region but hasn't confirmed which one. He also said Blackman would most likely be interested but I haven't heard from him either. I'd really like to have you in the league Iceisle so if I don't hear from Blackman soon would you want the last region available? If not, I understand. We can use all the spectators we can get.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Authority wants UK.

Renegade wants EU.

ZackUFC wants CA.

cymru96 wants JA or SA.

Rebby wants a region but hasn't confirmed which one. He also said Blackman would most likely be interested but I haven't heard from him either. I'd really like to have you in the league Iceisle so if I don't hear from Blackman soon would you want the last region available? If not, I understand. We can use all the spectators we can get.

I'll take South America over Japan if that's alright.

I assumed you'd want to run one of the regions. If you don't want to control a region and Blackman (or someone else) doesn't respond, I'll still participate. I'm very interested in seeing it all play out, but I'd prefer to watch. I offered to join in because I wasn't sure if there would be enough people to fill the league.

I assumed you'd want to run one of the regions. If you don't want to control a region and Blackman (or someone else) doesn't respond, I'll still participate. I'm very interested in seeing it all play out, but I'd prefer to watch. I offered to join in because I wasn't sure if there would be enough people to fill the league.

I won't be running any of the regions to promote fair play.

Hopefuly we can find someone who wants to run that sixth region but if not we're going to need you.

Thanks for your support!

I was trying to think of something that would improve the league and I came up with the idea to have a child promotion for each region so fighters who we didn't draft can still get fights. It would help when it comes time to fire and hire fighters because it would be easier to simply call them up instead of having to wait to sign them. There are all sorts of things we could do with this. We could have it so each region can call up fighters from their child promotion almost like a minor league system but as most of you know the only problems with that are you can't book fights for the child promotions and you do not get to choose which fighters they sign so the talent disribution would not be even. I'd like to hear what you guys think about this so please voice your opinions.

EDIT: I can call fighters up and send fighters back down to make the talent distribution more fair so what I underlined above is not correct.

I was trying to think of something that would improve the league and I came up with the idea to have a child promotion for each region so fighters who we didn't draft can still get fights. It would help when it comes time to fire and hire fighters because it would be easier to simply call them up instead of having to wait to sign them. There are all sorts of things we could do with this. We could have it so each region can call up fighters from their child promotion almost like a minor league system but as most of you know the only problems with that are you can't book fights for the child promotions and you do not get to choose which fighters they sign so the talent disribution would not be even. I'd like to hear what you guys think about this so please voice your opinions.

I am down for that because we could send some prospects that need to time to develop there. Its a neet idea and each promotion should have their own feeder promotion so our guys dont fight each other.

I am gone camping till Sunday afternoon. I will come and check what happening that night hopefully we will almost be ready to start and draft.

Wednesday evening is good. Only thing is, what about different time zones and stuff?

That's why we are starting the draft on the forum because we all live in different time zones. So until we can figure out a time where we can call get together and finish the draft we'll just get online as much as we can to check the forum and make our picks. You guys will have as long as you need to make your picks on the forum.

My plans are to have the save file upload for everyone to download on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning so you guys can scout a little and then if everyone can just try to check the forum as much as possible we can get this thing going.

Also, would anyone be against using a slightly edited version of the default database? Mostly I would edit fight records and expirience. I will not edit any of the fighters actual abilities or popularity.

Why would you alter them, out of interest?

I have always had something against large fight records and losing records but really if I do this it will just be time consuming so it's probably not a good idea. I'm leaning towards not doing it now unless for some reason most of you would prefer that I do.

I have always had something against large fight records and losing records but really if I do this it will just be time consuming so it's probably not a good idea. I'm leaning towards not doing it now unless for some reason most of you would prefer that I do.

If you dont get to do it because it takes to much time its fine

One issue that needs to be addressed is the 6th member of the league. Iceisle has said that he would prefer to spectate and we haven't heard anything from Blackman as of yet so we need to look for someone else who is interested. So, if there is anyone out there who wants to participate just reply to this and let me know what region they would like to be. They would have a choice between Japan, Asia, Africa, Central America, Russia, Australia, or Mexico.

If you dont get to do it because it takes to much time its fine

Agreed. Having ran something like this in the past, for the organiser this requires an insane amount of time to do (to do properly anyway). I would definitely advise coming up with ways to save yourself time wherever possible!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HansLanda11" data-cite="HansLanda11" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34265" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>One issue that needs to be addressed is the 6th member of the league. Iceisle has said that he would prefer to spectate and we haven't heard anything from Blackman as of yet so we need to look for someone else who is interested. So, if there is anyone out there who wants to participate just reply to this and let me know what region they would like to be. They would have a choice between Japan, Asia, Africa, Central America, Russia, Australia, or Mexico.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm willing to join, assuming the spot is still open. For my region I'd prefer Japan.</p>

Archived