End Of TEW2010 Awards Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken for the layout.

2. You have 16 votes to nominate , 1 for each category.

3. You cannot swap out any of your votes for a different category.

4. You may not nominate yourself.

5. All nominations must include a reason.

6. You may either place your nominations here in public or pm them to both angeldelayette and 20LEgend.

7. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

8. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

9. A second is not needed to make it past the nomination stage.

10. For those who do not know, the Rocky Maivia award is for someone who you dislike either in real life or Cornellverse but find that you enjoy in this person's diary.

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Best Presentation Of TEW2010 nominee's:

Best Kayfabe-Breaking Moments Of TEW2010 nominee's:

Best New Writer Of TEW2010 nominee's:

• codey
  • Tecdax
  • Tiberious4
  • ajcrible

Best Match Writeups Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Best Tag Team Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Best Stable Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Most Compelling Non-Wrestler Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Best Show Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Most Compelling Wrestler Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Best Overall Writer Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

• Phantom Stranger
  • James Casey
  • NoNeck
  • Eisen-verse
  • Tigerkinney

Rocky Maivia Award Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Best Match Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Best Storyline Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Best Promos Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Best Real World Diary Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Best Cornellverse Diary Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Nominations will be open until October 1st 2012 (12 pm Pacific Time)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a few nominations right now.

For Best C-Verse Dynasty in TEW2010, I nominate James Casey and his MAW: Ten Simple Rules because it is by far the diary that I enjoyed reading the most! He was able to tell compelling stories every post and it kept me and a lot of other people coming back for more.

For best writer, I nominate James Casey for much the same reason I nominated his diary. He just had "it" when he was writing. His style was fluid and interesting. You never had to re-read something for clarity, it all just sank in when I read it the first time.

For best non-wrestler character I nominate James Casey from the MAW: Ten Simple Rules diary by James Casey. I know its borderline because the character was a wrestler, but in the diary he was primarily a non-wrestler. I chose him because at times the diary was more about James Casey's life story rather than the wrestling in MAW. I loved that there was a distinct story being told alongside of the wrestling. It's something I have been trying to model myself off of, but haven't been able to perfect yet.

I've got a few nominations right now.

For Best C-Verse Dynasty in TEW2010, I nominate James Casey and his MAW: Ten Simple Rules because it is by far the diary that I enjoyed reading the most! He was able to tell compelling stories every post and it kept me and a lot of other people coming back for more.

For best writer, I nominate James Casey for much the same reason I nominated his diary. He just had "it" when he was writing. His style was fluid and interesting. You never had to re-read something for clarity, it all just sank in when I read it the first time.

For best non-wrestler character I nominate James Casey from the MAW: Ten Simple Rules diary by James Casey. I know its borderline because the character was a wrestler, but in the diary he was primarily a non-wrestler. I chose him because at times the diary was more about James Casey's life story rather than the wrestling in MAW. I loved that there was a distinct story being told alongside of the wrestling. It's something I have been trying to model myself off of, but haven't been able to perfect yet.

I hate to point this out, but... 10 Simple Rules was JC's TEW2008 project. He's done a trilogy of SWF diaries in TEW2010.

10 Simple Rules ran into Spring 2010, well after TEW2010 was released, which may be where the confusion comes from. Nice to be remembered, even so :)

I'm hard at work on my nominees, but I got a bit thrown by the realisation that Self's FCK was a 2008 diary so it'll take a bit longer.

It does raise an interesting thought, though - what do we do with diaries that have been active in 2010-2012 but are being played out on 2008 (or even earlier?). Final Countdown's ROH is the obvious candidate for me because, as far as I can tell, it's still being run on 2008... but is over three years old and has been consistently updated throughout that time.

It does raise an interesting thought, though - what do we do with diaries that have been active in 2010-2012 but are being played out on 2008 (or even earlier?). Final Countdown's ROH is the obvious candidate for me because, as far as I can tell, it's still being run on 2008... but is over three years old and has been consistently updated throughout that time.

You're correct.

Right, then. I've big-mouthed about a decent chunk of this so far. Time to start putting my money where my mouth is.

Best Presentation Of TEW2010 nominee

Yuu Onuki's Memoirs of a Booker trilogy. Interesting, innovative, and while unfortunately most of the pictures are now gone the combination of wrestler pictures, location images, DVD covers and post-it notes was something very different.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...ad.php?t=80587

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=174910

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=327528

Best Kayfabe-Breaking Moments Of TEW2010 nominee

James Casey recruits SWF workers with personal pitches in the closing posts of SWF: Who Is Richard Eisen?

Real thought put into the personalities of each wrestler in a way which reflected on the story going forward; in particular, the pitch to Davis Wayne Newton directly influenced his stories in Supreme and on into Generation Supreme.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105836

Best New Writer Of TEW2010 nominee

Codey

There's been a few to choose from here; I'm going with Codey because a) I'm sure he started with TEW2010 (correct me if I'm wrong) and b) he's shown dedication to his projects; they run long enough for the status quo to shift naturally and in interesting ways.

Best Match Writeups Of TEW2010 Nominee

Tigerkinney

I think he's always gonna be the guy who gets the nod in this field. I will specify that I'm thinking more of his Burning Hammer diary than of DIASPORA here.

Best Tag Team Of TEW2010 Nominee

I feel that this really should go to a created tag team rather than a handling of one that already exists, honestly. I'm going, to that end, with The Total Violence Connection of Eddie Peak and Genghis Rahn in Bigpapa's TCW: The Tuesday Night War.

A good way to use both wrestlers, a dangerous threat, and a cool reference.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...ad.php?t=82514

Best Stable Of TEW2010 Nominee

The Texas Outlaws - ajcrible's God Bless Texas

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=152678

aj's diary suffered from thefts and all sorts of other issues, but the Outlaws were always there to provide a solid backbone and keep the company moving forward. On top of that, Johnny Lawless and F-Bomb Bowman.

Best Show Of TEW2010 Nominee

Supreme Challenge - SWF Supreme by James Casey

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1777651&postcount=775 (is the first post)

Five posts is a bit much, but this ridiculously huge show was somewhat stacked and a show that had been built to for around a year. I have to give it the nod.

Rocky Maivia Award Of TEW2010 Nominee

Sammy the Shark/Sam Ford, 1PWFan's New York City Wrestling: Old School Lives On

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=514882

The booker got behind him, and the booker did so in a way which, as much through the backstage as the matches themselves, meant that I did, too.

Best Promos Of TEW2010 Nominee

ajcrible, God Bless Texas

Many writers on this forum get each wrestler their own voice, more than just a catchphrase. Many follow the rules of promos in their promo writing, build their feuds, etc, etc. Aj managed to do both.

Best Real World Diary Of TEW2010 Nominee

The NWA: A Return To Glory by Wildfire1324

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=514195

I don't read many, which means those I do read have to capture my interest. This one did so very well.

Best Cornellverse Diary Of TEW2010 Nominee

ajcrible, God Bless Texas

Which I wasn't planning on, but he's caught the nod in enough other categories to confirm this one for me.

Nominations I haven't yet made because I'm gonna have to think...

Most Compelling Non-Wrestler Of TEW2010 Nominee

Most Compelling Wrestler Of TEW2010 Nominee

Best Overall Writer Of TEW2010 Nominee

Best Match Of TEW2010 Nominee

Best Storyline Of TEW2010 Nominee

My nomination for Most Compelling Non-Wrestler is:

J.K. Stallings, Jr. by Eisen-Verse

EV has been able to show this man to be paranoid (eveyone is out to get him), sadistic (how dare one of his talents sign a PPV with a competitor), patient/loyal (Troy Tornado's positive drug tests) and revenge driven (wants to crush those that wronged him). His story makes for a great read and leaves the reader guessing what 'mood' Stallings will be in at any given post.

Best Presentation Of TEW2010 nominee's:

For this, I nominate a diary that has posted only two shows. still, in those shows and in the roster write-up, we got something that I can describe as matching the artistic talents of our previous major luminary in the field, Marcel Fromage.

The dynasty, which may hopefully come back to life at some point, is BUSHIDO PRO: Ghetto Samurai, by The Celt.

Horatio Dangerous took this board by storm, and his diary segments were a major part of that. His thoughtful, almost literary contemplation of the art and craft of wrestling, coupled with booking thoughts, road stories and the occasional Sam Keith interjection, were always a joy to read.

I nominate TCW: A Quiet Retirement by Phantom Stranger.

Best Tag Team Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Nobody would have ever thought that a couple of no-charisma Brits could produce some of the best matches a top-level American promotion had ever seen, but they did. One of them did so with less than 60 points in Psychology. They pulled their weight, went from jobbers to Main Eventers, and never reached the stage where it was a good idea to give them a microphone.

I nominate The British Lions, from TCW: A Quiet Retirement, by Phantom Stranger.

Best Stable Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

There are a lot of contenders for this award, but I have to go for what was essentially a midcard training group. A young import got hugely over, but wasn't quite good enough to produce on a top level. As a reward for making people care, he got given his own stable. He was betrayed, and would eventually have fallen, but before then, the wisdom of the Hagakure was spread to one man's willing devotees.

I nominate Team KOBRA, from TCW: A Quiet Retirement, by Phantom Stranger.

A random event - posing nude for a men's magazine - turned a backstage announcer into an actual character. She didn't intrude into the actual storylines, but her personality added an extra something to every segment she was involved in. She advised Christian Faith to keep hitting women if they deserved it, made Sean McFly intensely uncomfortable by asking him to speak, and almost feuded with Emma Chase. She could have been nothing, but she was something. That deserves some recognition in my book.

I nominate Ana Garcia from Supreme Wrestling Federation: Dark Days, by Bigpapa42.

Best Show Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

The ELITE fought the DeColts over a 'your mother' gag. Davis Wayne Newton kept his word. Sean McFly was pinned by one of the more mediocre big guys in the C-Verse, with a little help from his friends. A Best Of Seven Series ended in a draw, getting an A-rating out of Freddy Huggins. A Women's Title match scored an A*. The biggest question in Canadian wrestling wasn't even slightly settled. The Keith family reconciled. Jack Bruce proved that he was still loyal to his old friend. Johnny Bloodstone didn't totally lose his shit. The British Lions beat the Machines in from of a British crowd. Wolf Hawkins flew in on a helicopter. Then Tommy Cornell pinned him to cement his status as the greatest sporting hero Britain has ever known, bar none.

I nominate Malice In Wonderland 2010, from TCW: A Quiet Retirement, by Phantom Stranger. If I have to choose one night over the other, I choose Night Two.

Most Compelling Wrestler Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

He brought sexy back. He superkicked a lot of lamps. He dropped from the ceiling to ambush his foes on multiple occasions. He almost went serious once, but then he got better. He assaulted his brother's crotchular region, and triumphed in battle with the assistance of post-it notes. When he couldn't get at his enemies in real life, he beat them up in computer games.

I nominate Edd Stone, from TCW: A Quiet Retirement, by Phantom Stranger.

Best Overall Writer Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

I have thus far made seven nominations. Five of them have been for the same diary, written by the same man.

I nominate Phantom Stranger.

I agonised over who to give this award to. There were so many awesome characters created, but the man I'm nominating is not getting in because he was given a character. I'm nominating a wrestler I was barely aware of. I didn't think he was boring - I didn't think he was anything, I could barely even have named him. But then he became a Main Event threat in a low-level promotion and I realised, hey, this guy can actually work! He's got skills, he can be useful! The simple fact that somebody had enough faith in him to give him work opened my eyes to the possibilities this man had, and that's reason enough for me to make this nomination.

I nominate Danny Rushmore, from New York City Wrestling: Old School Lives On, by 1PWfan.

Best Match Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

Love and Betrayal are two incredibly powerful forces, and this match brought them together in an explosive combination. There were wrestlers on the roster who were older than both the participants in this match put together, yet they never felt forced, never felt over-pushed. This match was an emotional climax the likes of which I have not seen in any other diary, and I cannot think of any match more deserving of this nomination.

I nominate Greg Keith versus Matthew Keith from Malice In Wonderland 2010: Night One, as seen in TCW: A Quiet Retirement, by Phantom Stranger.

Best Cornellverse Diary Of TEW2010 Nominee's:

To nominate anything else, after having lauded to much praise on it in previous categories, would be madness.

I nominate TCW: A Quiet Retirement, by Phantom Stranger.

I might come up with some nominees but I haven't been on this forum in years. Just getting back around. Is there any chance a "must read list" for the diaries in 2010-2012? I couldn't find one and would like to get caught up with the diaries. I'm not asking you to make one as that would take a lot of time. Just wondering if there is one out there.

If I get threw enough reading by September I'll post my nominees.

I might come up with some nominees but I haven't been on this forum in years. Just getting back around. Is there any chance a "must read list" for the diaries in 2010-2012? I couldn't find one and would like to get caught up with the diaries. I'm not asking you to make one as that would take a lot of time. Just wondering if there is one out there.

If I get threw enough reading by September I'll post my nominees.

Between the Hall of Records thread and the Forgotten Candidates thread you'll see a lot of the biggest names and obscure favourites.

...The rest of you, who've been around, where are your nominations?

Between the Hall of Records thread and the Forgotten Candidates thread you'll see a lot of the biggest names and obscure favourites.

...The rest of you, who've been around, where are your nominations?

Are we able to start our nominations and eventually go back into our post & edit it with those we have left to finish? I think I know some of the major ones I will vote for; however, there are certain awards that will take me time to get through. If I can do a 'work in progress' kind of thing then I could probably have mine (at least some of it) up today!

Are we able to start our nominations and eventually go back into our post & edit it with those we have left to finish? I think I know some of the major ones I will vote for; however, there are certain awards that will take me time to get through. If I can do a 'work in progress' kind of thing then I could probably have mine (at least some of it) up today!

It doesn't say that you can't, therefore I assume that you can.

I've nominated some and set others aside for contemplation; that said, I plan to make a new post with the remainder, so that the organizers don't have to rely on checking the post to make sure they catch it.

I've nominated some and set others aside for contemplation; that said, I plan to make a new post with the remainder, so that the organizers don't have to rely on checking the post to make sure they catch it.

Definitely agree with that. No problem with you putting some up now and some up later. Just easier to make seperate posts to make sure I don't miss anything.

Right, time to get some nominations in.

Best Kayfabe-Breaking Moments Of TEW2010 nominee:

Dragonmack´s The David Mack Chronicles: NYCW- The Homecoming http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...ad.php?t=75205

There has been some pretty good Kayfabe breaking moments around the years but Dragonmack is one of the few who I remember giving reasoning to every match and booking decision and that´s something I hope to see more in the future.

Best New Writer Of TEW2010 nominee:

TecDax

This one was little hard mainly because I wasn´t sure if some of my favorite writers had started before 2010 or not. I chose TecDax because he has managed to keep me interested on a promotion where I didn´t know anything about the characters when I first started reading. He has also managed to keep the diary going for long time despite some pauses and he´s work and presentation has been good from the beginning.

Best Match Writeups Of TEW2010 Nominee:

James Casey

Granded I probably shouldn´t say anything here as I mostly skip long match write-ups as they just aren´t for me. I picked Casey because he gives good idea about how the match goes without going in too many details and as a result I usually read his match writings as they are about the right lenght for me.

Best Stable Of TEW2010 Nominee:

The Superhero squad from Jingo´s The Next Generation of Awesome: SAW! http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334946&page=51

Not exactly sure what they were really called but I mean the group of Sky King, Running Wolf, Power Girl and Nun the Less (Beth Mercy). I didn´t care any one of them before the diary but I really fell in love with that wacky group so-much-so that when I was asked to pick wrestlers who I want to keep in the roster I picked them over some of my favorite guys in entire Cverse.

Best Overall Writer Of TEW2010 Nominee:

James Casey

Really tough one here and I hoped there would had been little bit more nominations before I´d made my own but in the end I pick Casey as I really have liked his work with SWF.

Rocky Maivia Award Of TEW2010 Nominee:

Nun the Less (Beth Mercy) from Jingo´s The Next Generation of Awesome: SAW! http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334946&page=51

Yeah, I wouldn´t had expected Beth Mercy to make in this list either but the truth is that I disliked her before her appearance in the Super hero squad and though all the four members could make on this list Beth is the one who I cared least before so she gets the spot.

Best Real World Diary Of TEW2010 Nominee:

Totti´s WWF 1998: What if Bret had Stayed? http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...ad.php?t=51187

I don´t read that much real world diaries but this one is one of the few that kept me hooked for as long as it lasted.

Best Cornellverse Diary Of TEW2010 Nominee:

James Casey´s SWF: Supreme http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498796

Again there was lots of great diaries but as I picked Casey as the best overall writer I guess it was pretty clear that one of Casey´s diaries would end up here too. I picked this one simply because it was the one who made me follow Casey´s diaries at the end as I never quite got into his previous works before I started reading this one.

Best Storyline Of TEW 2010:

It propelled a couple of guys right to the forefront of the promotion, guys who were destined for big things but who hadn't yet become seriously entertaining. Well, this feud gave them the chance they needed. It was a welcome splash of comedy in an otherwise serious promotion, and it worked all the better for the contrast it provided.

I nominate Edd Stone vs. Aaron Andrews from TCW: A Quiet Retirement, by Phantom Stranger.

Best Promos Of 2010:

Many people have tried to capture the feel of indie darlings, CHIKARA. It's often difficult, but this diary managed it very well. There was a sense of both comedy and of wacky shenanigans being treated utterly seriously, and that really helped. Different characters were well-conveyed, and all in a pleasing format that flowed nicely.

I nominate KANZEN Pro Wrestling: Seriously Entertaining by TheLeviticalLawKid.

First batch from me - more to follow:

Take It Home, Boys from Phantom Stranger's TCW: A Quiet Retirement is unparalleled for me. Presented as part-retrospective, part reveal of future booking plans, it worked in an odd way that was a departure from the route taken with his PPPW diary, but added immeasurably to the diary nonetheless.

codey, whose MAW diary was thoroughly enjoyable. It's a shame I haven't got into his TCW diary, but I struggle with keeping up with two diaries in the same company, and AQR edged it here. Nonetheless, codey's MAW was a great read as well as showing great improvement in its writing throughout.

Phil Vibert in NoNeck's Guest Booker: The Phoenix Also Rises turned the whole company upside down, changed its name, brought the gore and presided over the arrival of Big Smack Scott: Women's GM. What more need be said?

Freddy Huggins in TCW: A Quiet Retirement - A worker I can't stand, regardless of how many times he's re-rendered. In my last TCW game he had bad chemistry with his sister as his manager, thus nullifying his/their sole draw. And yet... I won't say that Phantom Stranger made me care about Huggins, but I did quite enjoy him being a fairly prominent part of the diary from day 1 through to being a big part of the final show.

Time to start my nominations;

Best Presentation Of TEW2010 nominee's

'WAR on the Vegas Strip' - Eisen-verse

Love the feel and style of this diary. The fonts, the layout and pictures paint a dark, gritty world, one it's easy to lose yourself in.

Best Kayfabe-Breaking Moments Of TEW2010 nominee's

'HGC The Rise and Fall of Hollyweird' - Arwink

His shows are great too, but my favourite part of Arwink's diaries are the shoot comments from the workers involved, looking back at the time period. He's really captured the backstage politics and the pressure of chasing SWF.

Tiberious4

Really got into his Paragons dynasty, enjoyed the colourful characters and warring factions. Great presentation too.

Best Tag Team Of TEW2010 Nominee's

Faces of Death - '(C-Verse UK) Parental Advisory Wrestling: Viewer Discretion is Disregarded' - Nevermore

This dynasty never got going sadly, but I still laugh thinking about this team. Link attached.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77980&page=4

On a side note, does any one remember the BSC diary with John Awesome? Can't find it and would like to read it again!

I keep taking a look at this thread and thinking I need to make some nominatations. The issue I have is that most of what I read and kept up with and would nominate already has been. The other stuff I either don't remember well enough or didn't read enough of. Really should be going back and re-reading but just lacking the time right now. I'll see if I can put something together, as there are so many great projects that have happened on TEW 2010...

Archived