FM2013 "Press Conference"

Purple Cowboy

Chelsea's situation can be explained by Sport Interactive's usual policy for the new season's data. They produce the data and heavily skew it towards what happened the previous season, and the Premier League tends to be overpowered almost without fail.

Drogba's left Chelsea and Torres was poor last year so Chelesa are lacking a goal threat in the default data. That combined with the likes of Hazard not having played in the Premier League probably means his stats aren't as good as possibly the reality is - it'll be fixed once the first data update comes through.

I thought that too at first, but Hazard is actually pretty great, attribute wise (and 4 goals, 4 assists, 3 MoM in 11 games isn't terrible when overall your team has only scored 15). Torres' stats are basically a disgrace, but at least e-Matteo has realised that and only started him twice (and he still scored in one).

They've signed Stevan Jovetic (presumably because David Luiz was fed up of having the stupidest hair in the team) as obviously attacking midfield is their weakest area. ¬_¬ He's got 3 in 10 in the league. They've also signed Ola Toivonen (female first name, Finnish surname... must be a Swedish man then ¬_¬), but he hasn't played yet in the league. 4 in 2 in the cups, and 2 from 2 subs appearances in the CL though.

They did beat Norwich though. Lampard, 90+3rd minute penalty, natch. And Arsenal hammered Southampton 6-1 (Arshevin hatrick, two from Giroud ¬_¬).

The problem I have right now is that since Baines wouldn't sign a new contract, I had to sell him to Man City for £30m. So now I've got Oviedo (currently injured) and Distin as my only leftback options. Having Sylvain Distin as a leftback option is not a good thing.

Edit: I think my chances of European qualification may have been dashed by a SEVEN NIL drubbing by SOUTHAMPTON. Howard gets sent off for a stupid tackle just after half time (we were already 2-0 down), and then a Stephen Davis hatrick ensued. Then two more from sub do Prado. The most unrealistic bit was Rickie Lambert only getting one goal (the penalty ¬_¬).

But yeah... ouch. It's not even as if I had a terrible sub keeper (or none at all) on the bench. :(

At least Howard's ban was rescinded.

I've also worked out what Directors of Football do (or at least, their main role in FMC). You can add players to a Transfer Target list (separate from your usual Shortlist), or an Unwanted List. The DOF will then try and buy/sell the players for you (or in the latter case, release them if nobody wants them). Pretty cool.

There's also a Development list, which I assume is the responsibility of the Head of Youth Development.

Premiership after 22 games (end of the demo) (W/D/L in brackets. * denotes team has changed manager since the start of the game):

Man City (17/2/3)

*Everton (13/5/4)

Man United (10/8/4)

Aston Villa (11/4/7)

Liverpool (10/6/5 +1 in hand)

West Ham (8/8/5 +1 in hand)

Arsenal (10/2/10)

*Tottenham (8/7/6 +1 in hand)

Fulham (9/4/9)

*Newcastle (8/7/6 +1)

Wigan (8/6/8)

*Chelsea (7/8/4 +3)

So'ton (7/7/8)

West Brom (7/3/12)

Sunderland (7/3/11 +1)

Norwich (7/3/12)

Stoke (6/4/12)

Swansea (5/6/11)

*QPR (3/6/12 +1)

Reading (2/6/13 +1)

Top Goalscorers:

Darrent Bent - 13

Mladen Petric - 12

Andy Carroll - 11

Carlos Tevez - 11

RVP - 10

Nikica Jelavic - 9

Rickie Lambert - 9

Edin Dzeko - 9

Highest Ratings:

Andy Carroll

James Tomkins

Hatem Ben Arfa

Nemandja Vidic

Vincent Kompany

Eden Hazard

Rio Ferdinand

Brede Hangeland (who has 6 MoM awards. The most of anyone by 3).

Since Chelsea sacked DiMatteo by the way, they've rocketed to the top of both Home and Away form charts. They've won every single league game since their first win (the one against Norwich), except for one (Man City away) which they drew 1-1 and was new manager Co Adriaanse's first game in charge (after taking over the day before). That means DiMatteo won 7 in a row (in all comps. 5 Prem games), and was finally fired after his first loss for ages, in the final of the Club World Cup.

Methinks the game thought DiMatteo was Brendan Rogers. ¬_¬

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived