Logo Making

If you have to, use Paint.NET.

But I most recommend Photoshop, Fireworks, and Illustrator.

Start with a 600x600px document, have gridlines on, keep stuff clean by using paths, and when you export, export it to 150x150px jpeg, quality 85% or higher.

In fact, I may just make a full-on logo-making tutorial.

Despite the fact that I am a huge fan of Photoshop, I use Paint.NET for all of logos (mostly because I can't bring myself to drop the kind of money needed to secure a Photoshop license, and Paint.NET is free).

The question is whether or not you intend to start doing your own belts... if so, securing yourself a copy of Photoshop would be your best bet. There are just some things that Photoshop does easily that are painstakingly difficult to recreate in Paint.NET. I'm happy with my belts, but I know that half of the things I have had to do to make my belts I could do with a single click in Photoshop, and it irks me to no end.

Despite the fact that I am a huge fan of Photoshop, I use Paint.NET for all of logos (mostly because I can't bring myself to drop the kind of money needed to secure a Photoshop license, and Paint.NET is free).

The question is whether or not you intend to start doing your own belts... if so, securing yourself a copy of Photoshop would be your best bet. There are just some things that Photoshop does easily that are painstakingly difficult to recreate in Paint.NET. I'm happy with my belts, but I know that half of the things I have had to do to make my belts I could do with a single click in Photoshop, and it irks me to no end.

No, I only intend to make Promotion, Event, and TV logos, so thanks for the advice.

• 3 years later...

Here are the ideas:

If you have the pictures in hand and want to use them to create one, then don't hesitate to use image watermark software. It's the fastest way to create logo with pictures.

And if you want to create logo from drawings, GIMP is not alternative in free software. And Picmonkey is also helpful to create a photo if you don't like to install any software on your PC.

Archived