DOTM: October 2012 Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken and The Final Countdown for the layout here.

2. You have 4 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

3. All non-Cornellverse diaries (both real world and fantasy) have been combined into a 'Mod' category.

4. You may substitute your C-Verse nomination for a 2nd Mod nomination, or vice versa.

5. In the Monthly Spotlight category, you will single out a specific aspect of a diary that particularly impressed you over the course of the month, be it a match, show, angle, storyline, development of a character, etc.

6. You may not nominate yourself

7. All nominations must include a reason

8. Mod & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

9. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (non-diary threads are no longer eligible)

10. Monthly Spotlight: Minimum requirement of one show during the current month.

11. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette and NoNeck.

12. You CAN nominate the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (GAW - Nostalgia Deluxe [ThunderVerse] by MJStark)

13. You can NOT nominate SWF: Generation Supreme by James Casey to Cornellverse DOTM.

14. You can NOT nominate Guest Booker Legacy: The Pro Wrestling Integrity of Shane Allman by NoNeck to Mod DOTM.

15. You can NOT nominate ZEN: Art of Wrestling- Because There's No Such Thing as Too Silly by 1PWfan to the Monthly Spotlight

16. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

17. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

Mod DOTM Nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM Nominee's:

Rookie DOTM Nominee's:

Monthly Spotlight Nominee's:

Nominations will be open until November 1st 2012 (12 pm Pacific Time)

Nominating Bigpapa's "WCW 1999" for, among other things, pioneering a very interesting monthly recap style. It is an enjoyable read in the way it is presented, let alone how interesting he is making the done-before 'what if' scenario of WCW's survival.

Real World or Mod, is my question?

Nominating Bigpapa's "WCW 1999" for, among other things, pioneering a very interesting monthly recap style. It is an enjoyable read in the way it is presented, let alone how interesting he is making the done-before 'what if' scenario of WCW's survival.

Real World or Mod, is my question?

I am trying to figure out exactly how to quantify the monthly recap style in relations to the rule about having 'x' number of shows to qualify. I do really enjoy BP42's work, especially since he brought Ric Flair back. :D But I would like to hear from others about how to quantify that to see if he qualifies for the mod DOTM.

I am trying to figure out exactly how to quantify the monthly recap style in relations to the rule about having 'x' number of shows to qualify. I do really enjoy BP42's work, especially since he brought Ric Flair back. :D But I would like to hear from others about how to quantify that to see if he qualifies for the mod DOTM.

I very much appreciate the recognition from NoNeck. That said, this same issue did come up previously, on my first WCW project. The format doesn't really contain shows, per se, and at this point is rather loosely based on was happening in the game. Its getting close to full fantasy booking now. So its not just the one issue but two.

I have no issue with recusing myself consideration if that will make things easier.

It's obviously not C-Verse, but I think it could qualify for either the Mod or Real World categories.

And it's of a good enough quality to overlook the nit-picky stuff that kept his last project off the honor roll, too.

What would anyone's issue be?

:)

Archived