(Release Thread) Digital Warriors 1.0

I have been working a lot on my Video Game Character Mod from a few months back and have decided to upload my first complete version under the new name Digital Warriors.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4920&stc=1&d=1351377397

(Background pic)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9des4y

This version now has 14 playable companies:

Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat

Tekken

King of Fighters

Fatal Fury

Art of Fighting

Arcana Heart

Guilty Gear

Dead or Alive

Virtua Fighter

Garou: Mark of Wolves

Darkstalkers

Soul Calibur

Samurai Shodown

The fighter database currently stands at 410 fighters all with body pictures included. There are a few extra narratives and events that happen under the course of the first year and this will be expanded upon in future versions.

PPV companies represent the games producers/developers and TV companies are which platform they are played on.

I have had a lot of fun making this mod and I hope people enjoy it. I have been introduced to many really good 2D fighting games while researching some of the fighters and some very strange ones. Garou:Mark of Wolves is well worth trying out if you havent played it and the Arcana Heart series is very unique to say the least.

As always feedback is welcome and check this thread for future updates

VampiroEl

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9des4y

title_screen.thumb.jpg.cb4de125f0101a47bc5e390c83e9f65a.jpg

Very nice update. If I can find the time, I might improve some of the graphics. But most of it is about the stats anyway. :)

I'd give you some fb, but I'm only familiar with DOA, VF & SC characters, sorry. :p

Love the idea of having Soul Calibur as a title. Awesome.

A problem will however always be the stats. If Kasumi has twice the wrestling and grappling skills of Bass, Bayman or Mila, it means you haven't fully evaluated the skills, which is totally understandable, but a little annoying when playing. :p

I could volunteer for fixing the stats and gfx of the 3 games I'm familiar with. Also, if you want to mimic the fights of the games, it's better to put every fighter on 'male'. If not, it'll be a very lonely world for people like Chun Lee and the KoF women.

Cheers for the quick reply :)

It's hardest being objective and balancing all the stats with this mod. I tended to make the characters who had the most popularity the better stats, so the Tekken fighters are generally better than the others which is because it's personally my favorite fighting game. I would like to keep male and female separate and their stats relative to each other, so Tina Armstrong might have better wrestling than Bass or Vanessa (Kof) may be a better boxer than Balrog but they would only fight within their own gender.

I've added a lot more females to this release than to previous versions just so it would be more competitive, I would like to add more unemployed fighters to the future release though. Arcana and Guilty Gear are the 2 companies that I think need the most work as I found it difficult to relate the fighting styles to an MMA world.

If anyone wants to add anything to this mod or change the stats you are very welcome to and I'd like to make this a community project if possible. WMMA has a very good editing system where importing is very easy so new fighters or companies are very welcome if your favorite fighting game has been missed :-)

There's a very good idea in here fighting to get out and I think, with work, this will be a very fun mod to play. Unfortunately, I can't imagine sticking with it because of how ridiculously disparate some of the stats are. If you wanted to use the Guilty Gear characters and face them off against guys like Sagat or Scorpion or Kazuya, the GG characters would get wasted every time because their stats are ridiculously low. What gives?

There's a very good idea in here fighting to get out and I think, with work, this will be a very fun mod to play. Unfortunately, I can't imagine sticking with it because of how ridiculously disparate some of the stats are. If you wanted to use the Guilty Gear characters and face them off against guys like Sagat or Scorpion or Kazuya, the GG characters would get wasted every time because their stats are ridiculously low. What gives?

It´s because of a few things, the first being that the companies are rated on popularity of their respective games so the fighters are also given stats accordingly. Tekken and Street Fighter have been bigger sellers than the Arc System Works games so the fighters in those companies are given more middle of the road stats. The second is that unlike some of the other fighting games where the fighters styles can be more directly translated into WMMA terms i.e. Kickboxing styles of Zack from DoA or Tae Kwon Do style of Kim Kaphwan in KoF, Guilty Gear has a bit more of a different fighting system where it can be hard to figure out what the fighters style might be. Most of the GG fighters have a good all round style with usually one or two high stats in a couple of areas.

As i´ve written before, if anyone wants to add to the mod or change up the stats a bit (especially if you have a good knowledge of the Arc Systems Works games) you´re welcome to. Just state on this thread which fighting game is being added/changed so not everybody is doing the same thing. It would be cool with a larger game world and maybe more diversity in some areas. Thanks for the feedback :-)

Yeah, I understand franchise popularity was part of why people are ranked how they're ranked but it seems to fly in the face of the idea that you can use this to make the "dream matches" you've always wanted to see. I want to see Akira Yuki face Ryu, but because Ryu has Akira beat in almost every category, where's the fun there?

If I'd been doing things (and if I find the time, I might make a stab at it), I'd put everybody on a similar skill level and start adjusting from there. Would for more interesting matches than just "facing a Tekken guy? lol you lose now"

• 6 months later...
Wow, cheers they look really good, I will add them in when I reupload the mod in a bit. Haven't done so much with this one at the moment though, been tempted to try a boxing mod. So far I have created a few fighters and run a handful of test matches to see how much of the MMA style disappears and how much it favours a traditional boxing standup game. Might be possible, but still the odd elbow and ground strikes creeping in though. I will be working on Digital Warriors in the future though, usually coincides with me buying a new fighting game and I still haven't played DOA 5 yet :-)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VampiroEl" data-cite="VampiroEl" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34678" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>been tempted to try a boxing mod.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's been attempted by some, and it failed. I wouldn't bother with it tbh.</p><p> </p><p> updated DOA renders</p>

• 5 months later...

<p>The original post has been updated (this is the new link to 1.0 <a href="http://www.sendspace.com/file/9des4y" rel="external nofollow">http://www.sendspace.com/file/9des4y</a>)</p><p> </p><p>

I´ve been working on this a bit recently and will release version 1.5 in the coming weeks. Up to 451 fighters (as of today) and added a couple of new companies, one of which is Rival Schools/Project Justice. If there is anything people think should be edited or added to the next version please feel free to post in this thread :-)</p>

Archived