GDS Forums Community Mod Pack 2.0 (HYPE)

I want to apologize for vanishing off these forums for a few months. I lost interest in WMMA, and I went through a bit of a difficult period dealing with my depression and anxiety. As anyone who deals with those issues knows; if you put off a project the anxiety of working on it grows which makes you avoid it further. It's a vicious cycle.

The last time I updated the mod with an official 1.0 release, the mod still had issues. Since then I've worked a little under the hood tweaking fighters, fixing some bios, and adding fighters.

So if you used 1.0, what are the major changes?

- Total removal of the BW fighters. It simply didn't work as I intended it to, without a complete re-balance of the existing universe. These fighters have been moved up to FW or above. They can (mostly) still be put into a BW division if the player wants one.

- Removal of specific promotion timed events. While I liked the idea, like the BW's, it simply didn't work as I had intended. Every promotion will now open organically which combined with the original DB and Eyeball's pack, results in upwards of 12+ promotions at once.

- Retool of fighters already in the mod. Some fighters received tweaks to fit their profiles more, and others were lowered. These were based off my observations and that of a friend.

- Several new renders. I found several conflicts with Eyeball and the original database. I believe I've caught them all now.

- Several new fighters. The total count is at 336 fighters. I plan on adding more before I release a new version of the mod.

- Addition of more fight camps. This was an area the mod I was never happy with, so I will add several more camps to the mod.

- General other fixes.

I know several people had packs of fighters they had offered, but due to my issues I avoided them. Now that I'm back, I'll once again fully accept any fighters submitted. I also know other people took up making packs in my absence, so if anyone wants fighters removed from this mod I'll fully understand and do so.

Again, I apologize for my disappearing act, but I'll try my best not to do it again.

Thank you for that guys, I appreciate it.

I've been making steady progress since before I made the post. As usual, when I'm motivated, I get motivated.

My goal is to have around 360 fighters, 25 camps, and fix spelling and grammar errors before I release 2.0. Not sure when 2.0 will come out, but if my current pace holds out it won't be that long.

Archived