How to get good matches

I don't get the obsession every once in a while about the critical rating of the shows. It only has a marginal effect on the game, and is basically unpredictable.

Editing stats to get good ratings absolutely blows my mind, though.

I don't do it for the ratings but because I enjoy watching exciting fights. To me it's more fun watching an evenly matched back and forth fight than watching a total beatdown.

For the most part, a striker versus a submission artist seems to result in a good or better match for me. It might end up like the striker knocks the grappler down a couple of times, gets gassed and then taken down and subbed. Comebacks usually result in great ratings.

I don't really match people up like that, unless there are two guys in similar places in their careers and the fight makes sense otherwise. There are some guys who tend to get exciting fights, like Watson Viana in my promotion, he is involved in 2 of the best fights ever (both Excellent, unfortunately both losses for him as well). Jerry Bogdonovich seems to be one of those guys as well.

I will deffinately try all those. Thanks! I'm currently having the worst time trying to grow and not lose money. I cannot turn a profit to save my life no matter what company I run as. AHHHH.

honestly, it will take quite a while to turn a profit, you need to get PPV before you start making money really, so its a battle until then, unless of course you go to the editor and max out ur money at 250,000,000. TV helps. I have a steady system of 2 PPV's and 2 TV card a month and I bank about 2,000,000 a month and thats at low level national

It seems to me that there are indeed certain prototypes of exciting fighters. You have the standard 'tactless' people who just rush in and get caught. There's the standard one-dimensional fighter vs one-dimensional fighter (if they are different types, if not it might be a borefest). People with a clear flaw in their game (like no subm def) can also make for more exciting fights. But these are just small advantages, really. I've had fights I wouldn't swore to be a bore that eventually end up fantastic, and fights I promoted that should've been exciting but didn't.

Archived